WA WA - Deanne Hastings, 35, Spokane, 4 Nov 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This article has a lot of important info I hadn't read anywhere else---

The article mentions that she has bipolar disorder and her health insurance recently dropped coverage on some of her medication, forcing her to switch to different drugs. This is HUGE in my opinion. My mom has BD & even the smallest change in her medication can trigger a manic episode.

It's not always clear to others when someone is heading into a manic episode. Some people with BD seem to go from 0-100 quickly, while others experience mania more gradually. If the medication changes triggered a manic episode, that would actually explain a lot.

The article also says the guy who dropped her off at the store the next day met her in a bar and she'd spent the night with him. He also said she was acting belligerent before he dropped her off.

All of the circumstances surrounding her disappearance SCREAM mania to me --- the strange behavior she exhibited in front of the grocery store, the risky behavior (getting drunk and sleeping with a man you just met in a bar while you're happily engaged to someone else), scatterbrained thoughts (leaving your keys and coat in a stranger's car, leaving your purse and phone in yours, being barefoot in the parking lot of the store), the weird random items that she purchased (energy drinks, string cheese, & birthday candles). After learning about the BP diagnosis and that her meds were recently changed, I strongly believe that's what happened here.

She was manic, engaged in risky behavior, and sadly, who knows what from there. She could have convinced herself of any number of things and harmed herself unintentionally, or she could have jumped in the car with someone and be halfway across the country, or someone could have taken advantage of her obviously fragile mindset and harmed her. It makes me sad, but I'm really worried that her BP disorder may have been the catalyst here.

Also, mixing alcohol, energy drinks, and drugs, whether prescription or otherwise, can be a straight shot to a respiratory arrest.

I'd be looking at the second "we" thatdropped her off after the guy in jail picked her up and spent time with her. He said "we " but we don't know who we is but rumor is it's another male and not his family. Maybe the second "WE" went back for her later.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I think Randy Riley had a friend in the car and they picked her up and she had liquor and red Bull and the possibly had some drugs. They spend a few hours together. Maybe they wanted sex and she didn't and she came belligerent and dumped her out and left her passed out. I think later one of them we back for her.

Lynn

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

It's good to see they are still organizing searches for Deanne. Don't give up looking.

This is a comment on her Missing Deanne Hastings FB page. At least they have an idea about what she was wearing. That's very important when searching. I think another search is scheduled for tomorrow.

" A few important things-- it was reported by a witness that she was wearing 'Fuschia top, and Jeans'
We did not know what she was wearing that day, so that information is important."

This article has a lot of important info I hadn't read anywhere else---

The article mentions that she has bipolar disorder and her health insurance recently dropped coverage on some of her medication, forcing her to switch to different drugs. This is HUGE in my opinion. My mom has BD & even the smallest change in her medication can trigger a manic episode.

It's not always clear to others when someone is heading into a manic episode. Some people with BD seem to go from 0-100 quickly, while others experience mania more gradually. If the medication changes triggered a manic episode, that would actually explain a lot.

The article also says the guy who dropped her off at the store the next day met her in a bar and she'd spent the night with him. He also said she was acting belligerent before he dropped her off.

All of the circumstances surrounding her disappearance SCREAM mania to me --- the strange behavior she exhibited in front of the grocery store, the risky behavior (getting drunk and sleeping with a man you just met in a bar while you're happily engaged to someone else), scatterbrained thoughts (leaving your keys and coat in a stranger's car, leaving your purse and phone in yours, being barefoot in the parking lot of the store), the weird random items that she purchased (energy drinks, string cheese, & birthday candles). After learning about the BP diagnosis and that her meds were recently changed, I strongly believe that's what happened here.

She was manic, engaged in risky behavior, and sadly, who knows what from there. She could have convinced herself of any number of things and harmed herself unintentionally, or she could have jumped in the car with someone and be halfway across the country, or someone could have taken advantage of her obviously fragile mindset and harmed her. It makes me sad, but I'm really worried that her BP disorder may have been the catalyst here.
As someone who has bipolar, there are several things that could be going in here!

As you mentioned, it sounds like she was forced to change her medication (which I personally find to be very scary). If she were in the process of changing the medication, than I agree, she probably wasn't stable. Again, from my experience, changing mood stabilizers is a long process and it can take a while before the person feels stable (for me, it was several months). From the sounds of it, she may have had a manic episode.

Unfortunately, in my experience, most mood stabilizers can not be combined with alcohol, and can cause the person to become intoxicated faster and sometimes even black out (sometimes even still able to walk and get around with guidance from others, but not able to remember what happened).

This all makes me think she could have been extremely vulnerable, and likely taken advantage of by someone. As someone who is bipolar, I find this really scary, and can actually see how this could have happened to myself. I really hope she is found safe, but I have a bad feeling!

I found this site when Deanne went missing. I am from the area where she went missing and I was searching for an update a few days after she was reported missing and stumbled upon this site. Since then I have followed several other cases but I have yet to comment. Anyhow a skull was found in Spokane today and it has been mentioned it could possibly be Deanne. Hopefully it's not but it will bring closer to one family.
http://www.khq.com/story/31318589/vanished-the-missing-persons-of-spokane-county

:welcome: Justcurious2!

Thanks for for posting the about the discovery of the skull. Also, I hate to say an article about people who have vanished is "great," but that is a really great article. It's very sobering to realize and think about how many people just from the immediate area are missing.

I found this site when Deanne went missing. I am from the area where she went missing and I was searching for an update a few days after she was reported missing and stumbled upon this site. Since then I have followed several other cases but I have yet to comment. Anyhow a skull was found in Spokane today and it has been mentioned it could possibly be Deanne. Hopefully it's not but it will bring closer to one family.
http://www.khq.com/story/31318589/vanished-the-missing-persons-of-spokane-county

So... was it her?

TIA! :wave:

Bumping for Deanne. Glad that the news brings her up from time-to-time and hasn't forgotten her. They actual do a great job of speaking up on the local issues.

Hello everyone! I'm new to commenting on WebSleuths but, I've been following this story since November & keep coming back to see if there have been any updates. I can't even imagine how heartbroken her loved ones, as well as the community as a whole, are feeling. I hope she is found alive & well!

After watching the video of this news interview from February 11, 2016, http://www.khq.com/story/31193273/man-arrested-for-using-missing-womans-credit-cards ... a few things jumped out at me...

Interviewer: "So that's pretty convenient; you leave her on the side of the road & then you say you came back & her jacket was ..."
Riley: "I had to pass there (caption on screen says 'HER' instead of 'THERE') on the way to the storage unit".

Where is "THERE" & what is the significance of "THERE"? If "THERE" is in reference to the location in which he left her on the side of the road 24 hours prior, what reason would he have to believe that she would undoubtedly remain in the exact location he 'left her' when he would pass by a full day later??

When asked about his discovery of her wallet inside of her jacket, he cuts off the interviewer & says, "I had to pass by "THERE" on my way to the storage unit". His response is absolutely out of context & relates to nothing shown in the news excerpt. What correlation does this storage unit have to any part of the story?

Additionally, note he doesn't simply say he left her on the side of the road but says THEY left her standing on the side of the road... The specification that she was STANDING seems as though he is attempting to cover his bases & appears to have likely been coached into the conscious use of the adverb.

Lastly, pay close attention to his eyes/blinks at the very beginning of the interview, just to get an idea of a baseline of what this individual's blinking pattern is. Then, pay even closer attention to his eyes as he begins to answer questions. As he begins to respond to 2 critical questions, the length of time before he opens his eyes again is significantly longer than that of his baseline. There is definitely a reason for that...

Obviously this is all my own opinion based on watching the video but I'd certainly be looking into this guy a bit further. So sad.... I hope for good news, soon!!

Very interesting about the blinking pattern. I will have to watch. I've never been much of one of those "body language" readers, but I know a lot of people believe in it. :) I always check every day too to see if there's any new information about her. I hope her family gets some kind of closure.

Deanne Hastings left her fiancé a note the night of November 3, 2015, saying she was headed to the store. That was the last time anyone heard from her. She had just finished her last day of cosmetology school that afternoon. The following morning, her credit card was used at a store not too far from her home outside Spokane, Washington. Security video shows Deanne leaving the store around noon. Her car was later discovered parked in downtown Spokane. It appeared to have been left there the night she vanished. Inside were her purse, cell phone and wallet. Earlier this year, a man was arrested and charged with using Deanne's credit cards. He spent several months in jail and was released in September. Neither he, nor anyone else, has been charged in connection to Deanne's disappearance.

deanne_hastings_0556a9db88c20a7fbf336026c20b12cb.nbcnews-ux-600-700.jpg

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...ssing-america-65-people-still-missing-n691281

I think of her often. Prayers for you Deanne, who or what made you disappear?? You are not forgotten.

Deanne Hastings left her fiancé a note the night of November 3, 2015, saying she was headed to the store. That was the last time anyone heard from her. She had just finished her last day of cosmetology school that afternoon. The following morning, her credit card was used at a store not too far from her home outside Spokane, Washington. Security video shows Deanne leaving the store around noon. Her car was later discovered parked in downtown Spokane. It appeared to have been left there the night she vanished. Inside were her purse, cell phone and wallet. Earlier this year, a man was arrested and charged with using Deanne's credit cards. He spent several months in jail and was released in September. Neither he, nor anyone else, has been charged in connection to Deanne's disappearance.

deanne_hastings_0556a9db88c20a7fbf336026c20b12cb.nbcnews-ux-600-700.jpg

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...ssing-america-65-people-still-missing-n691281

"She had just finished her last day of cosmetology school that afternoon."

Wasn't it her first day?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member