WA WA - Deanne Hastings, 35, Spokane, 4 Nov 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:bump:

Just found this thread, as someone posted a link to this!

So nothing new now either?

TIA!

:bump:

Just found this thread, as someone posted a link to this!

So nothing new now either?

TIA!

Nothing new, I've been checking for new stuff on-line every day and there's nada.

Man arrested for using missing woman's credit cards
9856491_G.jpg

http://www.khq.com/story/31193273/man-arrested-for-using-missing-womans-credit-cards

From the link:
Riley said he had never met Deanne before. He said the two spent two to four hours together after meeting on the road.
Details of what the two strangers did during that time were unclear during Hayley Guenthner's interview with Riley .He claimed Deanne was belligerent.
"We left her standing on the side of the road," Riley said.
Riley claims 24 hours after that, he then stumbled across Deanne's coat with her wallet inside. He said the discovery happened as he was running errands. Court documents show he admitted to detectives that he used her cards to rent movies at Red Box and get groceries at Winco. He is adamant that that's where his criminal activity ends. He said he had nothing to do with her disappearance.

He says the two met and spent hours together, but then "we left her on the side of the road". Who is we? And then he just happens to find her coat a day later and tries to use her cards? Really?!

From the link:
Riley said he had never met Deanne before. He said the two spent two to four hours together after meeting on the road.
Details of what the two strangers did during that time were unclear during Hayley Guenthner's interview with Riley .He claimed Deanne was belligerent.
Riley claims 24 hours after that, he then stumbled across Deanne's coat with her wallet inside. He said the discovery happened as he was running errands. Court documents show he admitted to detectives that he used her cards to rent movies at Red Box and get groceries at Winco. He is adamant that that's where his criminal activity ends. He said he had nothing to do with her disappearance.

He says the two met and spent hours together, but then "we left her on the side of the road". Who is we? And then he just happens to find her coat a day later and tries to use her cards? Really?!

This guy is 100% full of poop. Mark my words.

Oh, really, dude? I'm sure.

Where the heck is she?

At least this is a lead!

That photo of her is stunning!

The 'we', I believe is the three who were caught on video at the store that was put out after she first went missing. It was said then that the wallet was found. I have to find the posts where we were questioning where it was found back then here on WS.

Where are you Deanne!
http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...answers-deanne-hastings-disappearance-n479876

"Deanne's driver's license was discovered several weeks after she disappeared outside a deli in another part of town. When police tracked her financial records, they discovered three individuals had been using her credit cards. All three were reportedly identified and questioned. Police have told Deanne's family the three said they found the cards in a coat later identified as belonging to Deanne. No other information has been released at this time."
I think this is was the first article that said three people found the coat.

From the link:

So from that statement it would seem that it was just him that originally picked her up or stopped for her. I wonder if there was some kind of proposition here for something. Maybe he offered her a ride in exchange for something or she asked for a ride in exchange for something. Why else would they spend a few hours together? Also it was said she bought some alcohol too at the grocery store so she would have had that when he picked her up. Maybe they went and parked somewhere remote or in a park and he forced himself on her. It would be interesting to know where he said he dropped her off.

I don't think this article has been posted. But this is what she bought at the grocery store. http://www.inlander.com/spokane/four-weeks-and-counting/Content?oid=2625252

" He later saw from Latah Creek Trading Co.'s surveillance footage that Hastings bought four energy drinks, cigarettes, string cheese and birthday cake candles. He has no idea why. According to Lowry, Hastings also bought vodka."

I wonder who she bought the birthday cake candles for.

A quick Google search showed candles being used to heat drug pipes. Maybe that's the only kind of candle the store had in stock, if it were for that reason, which I have no idea.

I have been keeping up with Deanne's case via the FB page set up for her. There are few things that have stuck out to (besides the contradicting bits of info). 1. She did not go back to her car. So I don't believe she was planning on going home or even checking in (phone was in car). 2. She bought 4 energy drinks, were they to mix with vodka for herself or was she buying for others. And if she was planning to meet up with others when was that planned? This all seems so spur of the moment yet she had no phone. Did she meet these people at bar or through the guy she stayed the night with? 3. The credit/ebt card usage. Riley meets her on the 4th, stumbles onto her coat and wallet(originally said to be in her car with just her cards missing) on the 5th. Uses cards at Winco (per her FB page he had to have pin because that particular store doesnt allow to run as credit)around the 12th. He used the card upwards of 7days after he "found" them?
It is all so perplexing.

I don't think this article has been posted. But this is what she bought at the grocery store. http://www.inlander.com/spokane/four-weeks-and-counting/Content?oid=2625252

" He later saw from Latah Creek Trading Co.'s surveillance footage that Hastings bought four energy drinks, cigarettes, string cheese and birthday cake candles. He has no idea why. According to Lowry, Hastings also bought vodka."

I wonder who she bought the birthday cake candles for.

This article has a lot of important info I hadn't read anywhere else---

The article mentions that she has bipolar disorder and her health insurance recently dropped coverage on some of her medication, forcing her to switch to different drugs. This is HUGE in my opinion. My mom has BD & even the smallest change in her medication can trigger a manic episode.

It's not always clear to others when someone is heading into a manic episode. Some people with BD seem to go from 0-100 quickly, while others experience mania more gradually. If the medication changes triggered a manic episode, that would actually explain a lot.

The article also says the guy who dropped her off at the store the next day met her in a bar and she'd spent the night with him. He also said she was acting belligerent before he dropped her off.

All of the circumstances surrounding her disappearance SCREAM mania to me --- the strange behavior she exhibited in front of the grocery store, the risky behavior (getting drunk and sleeping with a man you just met in a bar while you're happily engaged to someone else), scatterbrained thoughts (leaving your keys and coat in a stranger's car, leaving your purse and phone in yours, being barefoot in the parking lot of the store), the weird random items that she purchased (energy drinks, string cheese, & birthday candles). After learning about the BP diagnosis and that her meds were recently changed, I strongly believe that's what happened here.

She was manic, engaged in risky behavior, and sadly, who knows what from there. She could have convinced herself of any number of things and harmed herself unintentionally, or she could have jumped in the car with someone and be halfway across the country, or someone could have taken advantage of her obviously fragile mindset and harmed her. It makes me sad, but I'm really worried that her BP disorder may have been the catalyst here.

Very sad. I just moved back to the area when she disappeared. Surreal.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark2221
Back