WA WA - Deanne Hastings, 35, Spokane, 4 Nov 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I never really thought about that, but you know what, that is entirely possible if she needed cash for alcohol or other drug. She might have actually been trying to talk to customers at the store to see if they would buy it and that is why she was reported as acting weird. She was run off from the store and might have gotten picked up by those people that used her card. Just an opinion, but that's a good thought about the card.
Yeah, in Portland, Oregon, a few years ago, people regularly did this downtown! They ended up having extra security in the store to remove/arrest those who tried to sell their ebt cards. It was a major problem.

Where are you Deanne!
http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...answers-deanne-hastings-disappearance-n479876

"Deanne's driver's license was discovered several weeks after she disappeared outside a deli in another part of town. When police tracked her financial records, they discovered three individuals had been using her credit cards. All three were reportedly identified and questioned. Police have told Deanne's family the three said they found the cards in a coat later identified as belonging to Deanne. No other information has been released at this time."

Where are you Deanne!
http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...answers-deanne-hastings-disappearance-n479876

"Deanne's driver's license was discovered several weeks after she disappeared outside a deli in another part of town. When police tracked her financial records, they discovered three individuals had been using her credit cards. All three were reportedly identified and questioned. Police have told Deanne's family the three said they found the cards in a coat later identified as belonging to Deanne. No other information has been released at this time."

Wow so those 3 people thought it would just be okay to start using someone's credit cards and EBT card instead of returning them to social services or calling bank or to the local police department. Those are some really stupid people to think they wouldn't get caught. I hope someone presses charges against them.

Where are you Deanne!

So now her coat has been found as well. :( Since it hasn't been reported any of her clothes (from home) are missing, this certainly doesn't bode well for Deanne's safety.

So now her coat has been found as well. :( Since it hasn't been reported any of her clothes (from home) are missing, this certainly doesn't bode well for Deanne's safety.

I wonder where the coat was found? It would be interesting to know if it was from a location she was verified to have been in or not.

How did they get the pin number(s) to use the card(s)?

Boom. Very smart question. If they found the cards in the coat. Then how did they get the pin.

Post of the day. Thanks.
This is why I think she may have sold her ebt card. I mentioned it a few posts ago. That is very common, and would explain the police encounter at the grocery store.

Edited to add - oops! I missed the coat... Hmmm...

How did they get the pin number(s) to use the card(s)?

Not all cards require a PIN. Some have the chip you just tap. All I've seen from the MSM is that they were "credit cards". Maybe she had the newest Discover card with the chip? (not sure which others have it).

The Question is if she sold her card? Why has she gone missing whatever money she got for selling her card is gonna run out at some point were the 3 people who bought or caught using the card not worried if she disappeared the suspicion might fall on them if she does not re-appear - why go missing in the first place? To get away from her husband? and if she was selling stuff for money why did she not sell her cell phone as well? Bet she could have got some cash for that

Not all cards require a PIN. Some have the chip you just tap. All I've seen from the MSM is that they were "credit cards". Maybe she had the newest Discover card with the chip? (not sure which others have it).

I think one of the cards was her EBT card which I believe you have to have a pin for because it's used like a debit card. It's was social services uses to put your food stamp money on and if she gets any cash assistance or anything I think it's all loaded on to that card.

In Wa. state when dshs issues an ebt card, it is issued with your birth year as your pin. Wasn't her I'd with the ebt- or did I imagine hearing that.

In Wa. state when dshs issues an ebt card, it is issued with your birth year as your pin. Wasn't her I'd with the ebt- or did I imagine hearing that.

I think her ID was found outside a store close by.

Highly unlikely this poor woman is safe, wherever she is. Driver's license located, "credit cards" (whether they were actual credit cards or state issue benefit card I'm still not clear) found, coat found... car left with purse and phone inside? :(

I am in Idaho - I wonder what part of Idaho she lived in prior? Probably just the border of Idaho & Washington. I will keep a look at for her regardless. I am in Boise, 300,000 people and a college town. I work right near the college. I hope she is found safe!!

I hadn't seen this one either, thank you Debbie! I think this is the first time I've seen anything from any of her family ��

Yeah I hadn't seen that bit about her being with her oldest son's girlfriend that night/evening. That would put her leaving the house between 9:30 pm and 10:30 pm. I hope they have asked the guy that dropped off the keys where he met up with her. I wonder if she was cheating on her boyfriend? Her Missing Deanne Hastings FB page Has a few comments on there and one pretty interesting about someone knowing what she went to the store for. I guess they found what she had purchased.

This section of that article is weird.
"Deanne's credit card was last used the following morning in Latah Valley, not too far from her residence, at the Latah Trading Company off Highway 195. Surveillance video shows Deanne at the store around noon that day."

So was she there in the morning and hanging around until noon? Was she the one that used it that morning? If not I would think they might have video of who used it. Why wouldn't they say she last used her card that morning at the store and was also found on surveillance video at noon still there. Was she dropped of that morning with no phone or anything purchases her item, and them realizes OMG I don't have my keys or phone. Then she tried to ask people for a ride to get her car or use their cell phones. She might have still be drunk or even possibly high on something else so people thought she was acting strange. Cops tell her to leave and she wanders off from the store area, hitchhikes with someone and that's what did her in. Or.....did someone she knew pick her up?

I wonder if the police have actually searched the area around the Latah Trading Company. In her initial FB post on her official missing page it says "aw enforcement was dispatched and spoke with her 'the day after she went missing'. They did not detain her. She was last seen leaving the grocery store parking lot 'on foot' inebriated." So what if she wandered off away from foot and wondered off the road on one of the trails close by. Maybe she might have had to "relieve" herself and looked for a private spot, passed out or choked on vomit or something. I haven't seen anywhere where the had a search on foot around that area or used a scent dog. There are some wooded areas around the store.

Also, we don't know much at all about the person that dropped her off and had her keys. Maybe he has answers they aren't putting out there like that maybe he met her where she parked her car and she got into his car maybe just to talk (possible affair going on) and that's why she just left her purse and phone in the car and just had her keys in her hand. Maybe they talked, he convinced her to go have a drink close by one drink led to another. She's drunk and leaves her coat with her id and debit card in the pocket accidentally and next thing you know she and he are off somewhere and she cheated. Maybe she was so ashamed, still drunk, and for some reason has him drop her off at the store. That part I wouldn't understand. Why not take her back to her car. Just a theory here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back