WA WA - Deanne Hastings, 35, Spokane, 4 Nov 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So I read her missing FB page and it seems that this post brings A LOT to light here! This is from that page.

Because there are so many people worried, I am going to include all that is known and unknown.
The day she went missing, was not just from her class, she did return home after class -and left a note to her boyfriend: She told him she had ..a good day and was off to the grocery store.
She later ended up at a bar and went home with a fella from there, he has since came forward and said she left her keys the next morning in his car, when he dropped her off at the grocery store. Those keys have been returned to her boyfriend.
I don't believe that any progress is going to be made in locating her whereabouts if we are not honest about the timeline. Indeed..the last time she was seen, was by law enforcement that 'morning' when she was reported to be acting strange in front of that same grocery store. Law enforcement was dispatched and spoke with her 'the day after she went missing'. They did not detain her. She was last seen leaving the grocery store parking lot 'on foot' inebriated.
A day or so later her card was used by those listed in the previous video released. IF you have seen her, please call law enforcement immediately. So, that an accurate time line 'after she left the grocery store location' can be established.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingDea...552126146925/1711176732451131/?type=3&theater

What does "acting strange" mean? Why did the guy she was with dump her at the store? Why not take her to a friends house or somewhere safe? She had been reported missing and then LE talked to her but did not drive her home or inform whoever reported her missing she was "found" no purse, no cell, acting strange.
I don't get it. Even if she was strung out they could have called who ever reported her missing and said, hey guess who we found. jmo.

What does "acting strange" mean? Why did the guy she was with dump her at the store? Why not take her to a friends house or somewhere safe? She had been reported missing and then LE talked to her but did not drive her home or inform whoever reported her missing she was "found" no purse, no cell, acting strange.
I don't get it. Even if she was strung out they could have called who ever reported her missing and said, hey guess who we found. jmo.

She's an adult. So if she told the police to leave her be and she is missing on her own accord; Then it isn't too much that they can do.

Maybe she was spotted by ......... after that; and was killed. But the cops are moving slow since they felt she was voluntarily wanting to be missing. Idk. Strange case and circumstances indeed.

Someone mentioned you have to have a pin to use a EBT card which I believe is correct. She would have had to given them a pin or she had it written down somewhere but since she didn't have her phone (which is where people keep that kind of info) or cell phone or purse I am thinking she gave it to them.

Someone mentioned you have to have a pin to use a EBT card which I believe is correct. She would have had to given them a pin or she had it written down somewhere but since she didn't have her phone (which is where people keep that kind of info) or cell phone or purse I am thinking she gave it to them.

Wasn't there a case where someone was abducted and managed to avoid being killed by her captors for three or four days by refusing to give them her pin? I know she unfortunately didn't survive but you reminded me of it.

Wasn't there a case where someone was abducted and managed to avoid being killed by her captors for three or four days by refusing to give them her pin? I know she unfortunately didn't survive but you reminded me of it.

I think she had a dog with her in that case and was tied up in a van. And she knew self defense and managed to put up a fight at one point. But eventually was killed. I think it was that case. But agree. The guy was frustrated because she kept giving him the wrong pin. Because she knew what he would do once he had the right one.

I don't remember if the dog was killed or simply found roaming which made them know the area where she was abducted from. I forget.

But you may be referring to a different case all together. So idk. Just chiming in.

Also I dont know the laws in WA but if she was intoxicated in public the cops should have arrested her, taken her home, or told her to go either way I'm not happy with the cops.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am thinking she did maybe she had her cell phone and purse with her but when they abducted her they made her give them the PIN number details then got her car keys and put her stuff in the car where it was parked but sadly at that point they had her card and pin there was surley no need to hang onto her

I'll ask again:

Who is admin on that FB page and do we have any direct links to MSM or LE statements confirming what's being said there? It's getting a little hard to follow this case without confirmation. (Maybe the links have been posted and I've just missed them?)

I'll ask again:

Who is admin on that FB page and do we have any direct links to MSM or LE statements confirming what's being said there? It's getting a little hard to follow this case without confirmation. (Maybe the links have been posted and I've just missed them?)

I have no idea at all. That's a good question.

If she was indeed on a bender is it common to trade EBT cards for drug payment?

That's a good point. I am sure some people have maybe done that and then later reported the card lost or stolen to get another one. I'm sure at some point there has to be a penalty for that otherwise I'm sure it would be done a lot.

I don't know if EBT cards have different limitations based on why they are issued, but I can tell you that (here in the state of Washington) I had an EBT card issued to me from the state when some kids were staying here rather than be split up into foster homes. I always thought it was silly that I couldn't buy gas at a gas pump and could only buy certain items in a store with the EBT card, but I could get the full amount (or any smaller amount) of the card in cash from the ATM. It never made sense to me.

I don't know if EBT cards have different limitations based on why they are issued, but I can tell you that (here in the state of Washington) I had an EBT card issued to me from the state when some kids were staying here rather than be split up into foster homes. I always thought it was silly that I couldn't buy gas at a gas pump and could only buy certain items in a store with the EBT card, but I could get the full amount (or any smaller amount) of the card in cash from the ATM. It never made sense to me.

It's definitely different state to state. It also depends on what programs you are getting. Minnesota puts both the cash (MFIP and/or child support) and foodstamps on their ebt card. If you have a cash balance, you used to be able to use it at the pump (that may have changed ), etc but not for cigarettes or alcohol and foodstamps are for exactly that, food. Mississippi doesn't allow you to use it at the pump and neither does Florida.
And I know that at least in Florida, they could care less how many times you "lose" your card, they charge you a dollar for replacement. My ex and I had neighbors that would buy the local addicts ebt cards for .50 on the dollar. So if someone had 100 bucks on their card, they would buy it off them for 50.

There was another case on here recently, where the killer was caught using the victim's EBT card (in fact, the victim was his girlfriend), and another where 3 women beat a woman to death while trying to obtain her boyfriend's personal information so they could steal his identity and receive his EBT benefits, link below. It is really appalling to think that people might be killing in order to get access to a person's EBT card. In Washington State, you could be issued a card that is for food only, while others might also receive a monthly living assistance amount but only one card is issued for the deposits. I am not sure what the circumstances are in order to receive a monthly dollar amount but as far as a food only card, you just have to have an address and you are reviewed every 6 months to see if your circumstances have changed. I would think the majority of people who are receiving a monthly welfare amount are single women with children. It is disgusting to think there are people going around and abusing or killing someone in order to have access to what little money they might be receiving or to use their card to go grocery shopping for themselves. :mad:

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2015/08/woman_held_hostage_beaten_to_d.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back