WA - Four killed in Pilchuk High School shooting, Marysville, 24 Oct 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am not meaning this to sound rude or trying to be funny, but are most of the members of this tribe related? I see so many references to cousins and so many people with the same last name. Also, in a photo on SG's FB she went to a concert with a bunch of older Frybergs. I know they have been dating a while, but that still seems strange to me for a 14 year old to be spending time with "in laws".

Also, I read a comment on twitter that the Fryberg and George families were related. Could this be true? Are the bloodlines so long that it is not frowned upon for people who are (very remotely) related to date?

Please don't take this like I am trying to bash the NA community, just trying to understand it. And it seems there are some on here who understand the workings of that community.

If you look at this early Tulalip census (3 - 4 generations ago), there were many Georges and only one 'Friberg'.
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~wasigs/TulalipCensus1.htm

I don't know how literally contemporary NA's use the word cousin. Contemporary Bejing Chinese call their cousins brother or sister. Terminology can be used differently.

Interestingly I went to an Ethnography in Education Seminar presented by a Canadian Professor yesterday. So much of what she said ran parallel with what I have observed with JF's tribe. Both boys and girls are introduced to serious fishing and hunting (guns) at eight years of age. The meat of the kill is offered first to the oldest and weakest. Further north where the schools have introduced traditional Indigenous cultural practices into the curriculum they have had an increase in enrolments and a reduction in the general crime rate. Families are extended and close. The grandparents generation were stolen and sent to boarding school which was very damaging. The younger generation is healing the older one ... No wonder their children and families are so precious to them!

My daughter is at the marysville-pilchuck vs meadowdale game Atm. She is on the dance team at meadowdale and today before the game they handed out 1000 red and white flowers to the students. After they gave them all out the students held them all up. She said she got so many hugs and thankyous from them. I'm so proud of her for skipping hanging out with friends to go there. This will be a day she remembers for a long time.

this is after they gave out the flowers :)

Attachments

• 10511525_10152836291889662_6083862118728122404_o.jpg
    10511525_10152836291889662_6083862118728122404_o.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 341
Update from hospital:

http://washington.providence.org/news/
[h=1]Updates on Marysville Shooting[/h][h=3]Update – 6:30 p.m., Oct. 31[/h]Today at 4:45 p.m. Shaylee Chuckulnaskit, known affectionately as Shay to her family and friends, passed away at Providence Regional Medical Center as a result of severe injuries from last Friday’s school shooting at Marysville Pilchuck High School. The entire Providence family is deeply saddened by this news and we extend our heartfelt sympathy to Shaylee’s family.
The Chuckulnaskit family has requested that this statement be shared:

Our hearts are broken at the passing of our beautiful daughter. Shay means everything to us. In Shay’s short life she has been a radiant light bringing us incredible joy and happiness. She has been a loving daughter, a caring sister, a devoted friend and a wonderful part of our community. We can’t imagine life without her.

We have been overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness and support of our family, friends and community. We are deeply grateful for all the acts of kindness that have come our way. We especially want to thank the medics and Providence staff who have cared for Shay.

We request that everyone please provide us the privacy we need so we can grieve our loss. Thank you.

Along with Shay’s family, as this time of profound grief continues, we ask everyone to please be mindful of this family and give them their privacy and space. This entire community has been through so much and we ask the news media especially to give Shaylee’s family, and all those impacted by this tragedy, the privacy and respect they deserve. Thank you.

---------------

RIP Shay.

I can't find any updates on Andrew.

Update from hospital:

http://washington.providence.org/news/
[h=1]Updates on Marysville Shooting[/h][h=3]Update – 6:30 p.m., Oct. 31[/h]Today at 4:45 p.m. Shaylee Chuckulnaskit, known affectionately as Shay to her family and friends, passed away at Providence Regional Medical Center as a result of severe injuries from last Friday’s school shooting at Marysville Pilchuck High School. The entire Providence family is deeply saddened by this news and we extend our heartfelt sympathy to Shaylee’s family.
The Chuckulnaskit family has requested that this statement be shared:

Our hearts are broken at the passing of our beautiful daughter. Shay means everything to us. In Shay’s short life she has been a radiant light bringing us incredible joy and happiness. She has been a loving daughter, a caring sister, a devoted friend and a wonderful part of our community. We can’t imagine life without her.

We have been overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness and support of our family, friends and community. We are deeply grateful for all the acts of kindness that have come our way. We especially want to thank the medics and Providence staff who have cared for Shay.

We request that everyone please provide us the privacy we need so we can grieve our loss. Thank you.

Along with Shay’s family, as this time of profound grief continues, we ask everyone to please be mindful of this family and give them their privacy and space. This entire community has been through so much and we ask the news media especially to give Shaylee’s family, and all those impacted by this tragedy, the privacy and respect they deserve. Thank you.

---------------

RIP Shay.

I can't find any updates on Andrew.

Sadly I think we will get an update soon. :( I'm praying for the best but I just don't think it will happen. I'm surprised that Shaylee survived as long as she did. Yhese poor children had no idea what their "friend" had in store for them. He had the element of surprise and th opportunity to strike at point blank range. Nate Hatch is a very lucky young man.

So sorry to hear the news- it had seemed like it would be coming based on the limited updates.

These 14-15 year old's were way too young to be dealing on their own with such formidable issues like violence, pregnancy, rehab for drug addiction, cheating, love triangles, betrayal, and so on. Then add guns into the mix....very volatile.

What could JF have meant by his last message, something to the effect of 'it won't last, it never lasts'? His Facebook has been deleted now, so I can't find the original source. It's been replaced by PR messages. What never lasts? A drug high? Friendship? A feeling of well-being?

These 14-15 year old's were way too young to be dealing on their own with such formidable issues like violence, pregnancy, rehab for drug addiction, cheating, love triangles, betrayal, and so on. Then add guns into the mix....very volatile.

What could JF have meant by his last message, something to the effect of 'it won't last, it never lasts'? His Facebook has been deleted now, so I can't find the original source. It's been replaced by PR messages. What never lasts? A drug high? Friendship? A feeling of well-being?

FB page is here: https://www.facebook.com/jaylen.fryberg?pnref=story
I don't see PR messages, is it a North American thing?
The "Won't last" thing was on his Twitter. It is all so cryptic. Perhaps he was referring to popularity.
These kids seem to put messages out intended for someone in particular without referencing WHO on Twitter.
I am not necessarily buying the rumours and still haven't worked out what I think happened. I have worked out from social media that Gia was bullied by a senior girl over the junior cousin of Jaylen's that she went to homecoming with, but even that is only my interpretation. Despite all of the adult stuff they were complicating their lives with, the normal highschool clique issues seem to be operating, and I think after he became homecoming prince something happened that put him on the outer. Maybe the fight that caused the broken nose. Plus not being allowed to play football as punishment.

... It has to be a combination of things in my opinion, a build up and then one small thing to tip him over. We will probably never know.

KThanks possum. I couldn't find the original Facebook page for JF. There is one now under his name with the subtitle 'Community'. It has a top picture of holding hands. It has public relations (PR) messages/posts. I couldn't find any posts on it that were written by JF. I haven't checked his Twitter yet.

True that these messages are cryptic and it seems people have to guess who they are directed to. Popularity could be something JF had seen come and go, especially on the heels of being the homecoming prince.

Was the nose broken during the football game or after the homecoming ceremony? Whose nose was broken? Andrew's? Because JF was suspended after the football game which happened weeks before homecoming? If the nose breaking happened during or right after homecoming then JF would have been suspended again a few days before the shootings. And I got the impression the nose breaking happened on school property.

just interpretation from viewing articles, twitters, sleuth comments- could Jaylen have been seeing the long time GF,SG, and had something going with another girl in the group. He asks SG to homecoming, other girl has started messing with his cousin, goes to homecoming with his cousin, maybe some in the group informed longtime GF of some stuff on Jaylen. He looses football due to fight, long time GF (maybe fight and longtime GF finding out about fight and other things on JF through his friends, all related somehow) feels betrayed by friends (now is ostracized from the group) and very tragically does what he does. Maybe he blamed some of the group for longtime GF breakup and cousin is now with a girl he had a little something going with. He could have felt he lost everything all at once- GF, girl on side, cousin, friends, football and blamed the group.

That makes sense. And the girl who was shot first was AF's date for homecoming. Was it ZG or GS? ZG and GS seem to not have Native American names. Hadn't JF also texted SG to meet him at the school for lunch that day? I know she attends a different school, but maybe they socialize that way sometimes. If you look at the video of JF inviting SG to homecoming, they look so very happy. It's scary how fast it all went downhill. What do you think his message on Oct. 23 may have meant?

the text could have meant it may seems good now for you guys, but it will come crashing down at some point like it did for him, and well, he ended everything for them.

YouTube video of CBSNews segment on the aftermath of incident. Another student was invited to meet with JRF, but didn't go, because she would have had to cut class to go to 1st lunch.

She, along with her Dad, are interviewed. This could have been - potentially - worse. :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d6Ag2mBYNQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required