WA - Four killed in Pilchuk High School shooting, Marysville, 24 Oct 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know how much information will be shared with the public, but I have some scene reconstruction questions.
1. JF supposedly asked his friends/relatives to have lunch together. Did he wait in the shadows until he saw all of them seated?
2. There were reports that he came from behind them. The table was round, however. How's that?
3. Who was shot first? I'm guessing Zoe because she was immediately killed, maybe then Andrew, then the girls. Nate was probably last because he had a chance to turn, avoiding a full head injury.
4. How long in advance did he consider this? Seems he actually had a plan, including tweets to his parents and ex-gf. This doesn't seem spur of the moment.
5. It seems the media has backed off on the teacher/hero idea, the cafeteria worker has again entered the scene, and the suicide theory has been accepted. What's the real story about intervention?

I think the story of the hero cafeteria lady/teacher came from an interview with a student named Erick Cervantes. He was the only one I could find who was so specific. Erick (the student) is also the "eyewitness" who said there was an argument and then gunshots. I'm beginning to think there was no argument. If the table was as large as I think then even if they were seated in a circle, Jaylen still could have walked up behind them. ESPECIALLY if they were all on their phones as most teenagers are at lunch time since cell phones are supposed to be put away during classes.

4th UPDATE — Marysville Pilchuck High's shooting victims were targeted, sheriff says

The sheriff added that he wouldn't speculate on anything being reported by media or on social media that had not been confirmed by detectives.

Trenary said he believed the shooter had attended classes that day. He said witnesses confirmed that the five victims were at the table when Jaylen opened fire.

Detectives have confirmed that a first-year teacher who was attributed with confronting the shooter didn't have any physical contact with Jaylen. That is contrary to numerous media reports.

Trenary said he had no information about rumors about Jaylen leaving behind a letter.

Shooting victim's grandmother watches Marysville show its true colors

Elaine Soriano, Gia's grandmother, watched.“I wasn't going to come. I am so glad I did,” she said, between hugs. “To see all the kids united is nice. She would have been so pleased and so happy.”

For now, students aren't asking a lot of questions, said worship pastor Jammie Bigbey, 37. Instead, they are “seeking comfort and community,” he said. “It's less about answers and more about just being with somebody.”

I'm not sure where the story about not airlifting the boys is coming from. I watched the second boy come off the helicopter live on tv. I was at my mom's and explaining to her how goofy it is at Harborview. Victims get airlifted to the helipad, that is on the west side of the building, and get loaded into an ambulance that drives them a half block around to the ER that is on the east side. I used to drive ambulance at Harborview and have watched that many of times.

Are they saying that airlift was immediately at the scene? Normally the closest trauma center will do triage.

ETA- it is my understanding that the boy shot in the jaw was not airlifted. It seems like a weird choice considering traffic, but I suppose if that was what his family wanted and he was stable enough, it would be allowed.

A little more information has come out.

Greg Corn, chief of the Marysville Fire District, said that while helicopters were available, “Patients were already loaded in medic units for transport.”

“Even if the helicopters were hovering at the high school, it would have taken at least 10 to 15 minutes to set up a landing zone and transfer the patient to the helicopter,” he said in a statement issued Tuesday afternoon.
Andrew Fryberg, 15, is in critical condition at Harborview. Nate Hatch, 14, is in satisfactory condition at Harborview. Andrew Fryberg underwent surgery at Providence, then was transferred by helicopter to Harborview. Hatch’s ambulance was sent to Harborview three minutes after it arrived at Providence. His wounds were less severe.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20141028/NEWS01/141028942

Seattle-area school shooter lured his victims to the cafeteria by text message - The Washington Post

(snip)

After Friday’s shooting, the Marysville-Pilchuck football team’s game against Oak Harbor for the WesCo North Division title was canceled. Oak Harbor initially offered to forfeit the game, giving Marysville-Pilchuck first place, but each team will now advance to the playoffs on Friday. According to the Seattle Times, Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll extended an offer for both schools to practice at the team’s facilities.

“Our hearts just opened immediately to try to help in any way that we can,” Carroll said. “When they are faced with an opportunity about a playoff situation and the other school decides to forfeit the game, what an extraordinary gesture. And I think it’s a gesture in every direction and an understanding and compassion that it’s good to be recognized. And we hope that we can do whatever we can in our support, our fans’ support.
“You feel so helpless, but we wish that we could do something to ease the pain of all of the people that have been troubled.”

(MuchMore@Link)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...his-victims-to-the-cafeteria-by-text-message/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been reading these kids' social media pages trying to make sense of what happened. The scenario I have come up with is this:

The recent reports of Jaylen sending the text of the gun to his ex-gf also mention that he had recently been violent to her and that her parents forced her to end the relationship. So why would that make him angry with his friends/cousins?

From all accounts, it appears that his group of friends was also friend with his gf SG (there is a video on her facebook of his girl friends helping him ask her to homecoming, Gia was one of them). I think either one of two things happened - the friends are the ones who intervened when he became violent with her and he blames them for the breakup. OR his friends took her side when they broke up.

He feels betrayed by them and blames them for his heartbreak.

From what I have read on twitter, there were 6 people at the table - Andrew, Shay, Gia, Zoe, Nate and one other girl who was not shot, but saw the whole thing up close. I don't want to name her but she has confirmed this on her twitter.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/10/jaylen-fryberg-school-shooter-gun-selfie/ (I know, not really news, but they had the bit about the gun text before the news media did)

There's a FB pic with Shaylee and Zoe and two other girls arm in arm with huge smiles at the start of the school year and someone wishes them a good year and they reply "we will", so sad.

I thought we weren't supposed to name names or share certain things... So if I add anything at this point, most has already been said, hopefully I won't get the "hand slap" for doing so.

It is still interesting to me that almost a week later they still haven't said Zoe's name publicly.

Also, this image on the right is curious to me. Hadn't seen that - what is this? a cop entering the school and 2 random boys running away?
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/TpavKHeSbkQ/0.jpg

The copy cat situations now are pretty crazy. Seattle school and Franklin Pierce down in Tacoma. yeesh.

New article which I hope helps.
The team JF shirts are absolutely terrible. Wow. Living 30 mins away I really hope I do not ever see someone sporting that. I have "understanding" for someone who gets in a scary dark place, however, there should not be any team JF shirts - period.

Tribe Denounces His Actions

http://q13fox.com/2014/10/29/tulali...-of-marysville-school-shooter-a-tribe-member/

MARYSVILLE — The Tulalip Tribes issued a statement Wednesday denouncing “the horrific actions of Jaylen Fryberg,” a 14-year-old tribe member who fatally shot two students and wounded three others at Marysville-Pilchuck High School last Friday.

“All of the young people he attacked were his friends, and two were his cousins,” the statement said.

“Parents and children alike are struggling to understand what caused him to act in such a manner. Even though we may never know why, there can be no justification for taking the lives of others. These were the acts of an individual, not a family, not a tribe.”

The Tribes said, “Schools in the Marysville School District have received threats. While some have been directed at Native children, we are concerned fro the safety of all of our children. Many of our kids are fearful to return to school, and some parents are reluctant to send them.”

The statement said, “It is our custom to come together in times of grief. The tribe holds up our people who are struggling through times of loss. We are supporting the family of Jaylen Fryberg in their time of loss, but that does not mean we condone his actions.”

The statement said the Tribes “are grateful for the outpouring of support we are receiving from our neighbors, other tribes and organizations, and from around the world.”

--- I wonder why schools and people have received threats?

Is it the family? is it the people sporting Team JF attire?

What threats would a competing school face?

Curious on that one.

I understand that these kids want to grieve for their friend even though he is the reason they are dealing with this pain. It just seems extreme. I can't even imagine if friends of the Columbine shooters had grieved openly. Maybe as they mature and this sinks in they will think and feel differently.

I tried wading through their twitters and was shocked at some things I read (maybe most things) I have a cousin this age and can not imagine him or his friends tweeting like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the Team JF logo, I saw it posted to SG's facebook long before this event. It apparently was created in relation to his diabetes. However the use of it now is just plain absurd and honestly disgusting.

oh that is interesting and helps actually to know that "it" was created before this. Still not cool for people to use it now... but at least it wasn't designed at made on/after friday. thanks for sharing that.

There are many sites that address symptoms of mental problems in teenage boys. The surprising thing is, apparently, JF did not exhibit these. However, I still cannot get past the idea that he must have had a mental issue; normal behavior would not include killingl/attempting to kill friends/relatives even if there were girl problems. The teen years are filled with relationship problems.

I agree---you bring up a lot of good points & some good questions.

I'll throw another one out here:

Did JF watch a lot of violent video games? It seems to come up a lot with young men who have committed crimes similar in nature.

I'm just looking for causes & common denominators.....

I agree---you bring up a lot of good points & some good questions.

I'll throw another one out here:

Did JF watch a lot of violent video games? It seems to come up a lot with young men who have committed crimes similar in nature.

I'm just looking for causes & common denominators.....

IMO violent video games contribute to violence among young men. We have no idea if J played them, but we just don't know. No defense of those games with me, but TV and movies often display as much violence.

I have such a hard time reading these stories, I have a 14 year old daughter. Every morning when I drop her off at school I am both sad and relieved to watch her go through a metal detector and have her bags being searched.

I looked through JF's twitter account and oh my! That boy was screaming for help months ago. My daughter has a twitter account and I am on it regularly to see whats being posted. I personally hate twitter but feel it's important to monitor all her social media access. Kik, Keek, Vine, Snapchat, FB, twitter, etc. I don't understand half of them but I'm a member! LOL

My heart goes out to everyone involved in this, including JF.

Does anyone else feel like there is a piece of this puzzle missing...there must be something that has not been brought to light. Because of the circumstances surrounding this horrific act it may well be a mystery for years to come or forever. There is too much information out there that says absolutely nothing.

My heart goes out for all those who lost their lives and for all those they left behind who love them. The process is beyond painful. Prayers abound.

Does anyone else feel like there is a piece of this puzzle missing...there must be something that has not been brought to light. Because of the circumstances surrounding this horrific act it may well be a mystery for years to come or forever. There is too much information out there that says absolutely nothing.

My heart goes out for all those who lost their lives and for all those they left behind who love them. The process is beyond painful. Prayers abound.

I think LE may be withholding information as it might relate to surviving kids or kids who weren't directly involved in the shooting.

Revealing the specific circumstances of JF's anger and rage may be very detrimental to others. Perhaps, we may only be allowed to know the basic outline of whatever "caused" and motivated him to act in this manner.

It is a tragedy. For that matter, the Bard summed up the irrational behavior and the extreme swings of emotion fairly well in the classic Romeo and Juliet. I am always amazed when young teens act out that tragedy in real life, but it happens in the 21st century.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yoohoo27
Back