WA - Four killed in Pilchuk High School shooting, Marysville, 24 Oct 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Very sad to see another victim has yet died , just saw it on skynews. The families statement was very respectful and thankful despite what they are going through! What strong inspiring people.
Bless them all.

A wise heart and empty hands. There isn't a day that goes by I don't pray for all the kids and their families. Dear God, what a journey to walk. Blessings of love, Light, healing and peace...

My heart breaks for the families. Zoe Galasso's mom just gave an interview to the local news.

http://www.king5.com/story/news/loc...rysville-pilchuck-victim-mom-speaks/18808073/

I guess we all were right about the initial confusion surrounding which girls were injured:

The Galassos gathered at Providence and patiently waited, thinking they were going to see their daughter.

"With mass confusion and head wounds, it was hard to decipher who is who, because all the girls looked a lot alike," Michelle said. "That was just the hardest part, just being at the hospital and waiting through all the confusion not knowing if your child was at the hospital or not."

After they identified the two girls, Gia Soriano and Shaylee Chuckulnaskit, doctors pulled the Galasso family into another room.

"For us, they finally had to tell us that our child had already passed at the school," Michelle said.

:(:(:(

A close friend of the group posted on twitter that they are sick of hearing about the "hero" teacher. They do not believe that she is. I wonder why that is? It may be that they are just mixed up and sad.

A close friend of the group posted on twitter that they are sick of hearing about the "hero" teacher. They do not believe that she is. I wonder why that is? It may be that they are just mixed up and sad.

Maybe they feel that, by labeling the teacher as a "hero", it implies that their friend JF was a "villain". It must be very hard for those kids to reconcile their memories of their friend with his final actions. MOO

In the audio from the 911 call, is that the sound of someone gasping for air in the background? It sounds so awful I just can't even imagine.

Packed Tulalip gym says goodbye to another shooting victim

Andrew Fryberg was described as an athletic teenager who loved spending time on the water and taking random road trips with his mother. He enjoyed spending time with his family, including his mother, siblings, nieces and nephews, and his dog Hercules, according to an obituary.

Those who preceded him in death include his father, who died last year, and Galasso, “a special girlfriend,” the obituary said.

The service was held at the Don Hatch Youth Center gym, the same venue where shooter Jaylen Fryberg’s service was held on Oct. 30 and Chuckulnaskit’s on Nov. 7. All three were buried at the Mission Beach Cemetery on the Tulalip Indian Reservation. Both Frybergs were enrolled members of the Tulalip Tribes.

A service for Soriano is planned for Saturday at Immaculate Conception Church in Everett. Galasso’s service was held Nov. 1.

A well respected Fryberg from Tulalip:
http://nacc.stanford.edu/halloffame.html

Having earned her Ph.D. in Social Psychology from Stanford in 2003, Stephanie Fryberg continues to study the sociocultural and historic patterning of mind and behavior-how social identities such as race, ethnicity and social class shape people's understanding of their own behavior and the behavior of others.​
Fryberg's research in education adds to our theoretical understanding of how culture influences educational attainment and of its practical implications in affecting how students think about themselves in the academic domain. She has found that Indigenous students are more likely to think of education as possible for them when they regard learning not only as a way to benefit themselves but also to benefit their community-in contrast to achieving education primarily for the betterment of their individual selves.​
Another aspect of Fryberg's research with enormous societal consequences addresses the effects of using Native Americans as sports mascots and shows that after exposure to such mascots, Native Americans are more likely to have lower self-esteem than if they had been exposed to other mascots-even after exposure to arguably positive representations. Often called upon to provide expert testimony on this subject, Fryberg has presented her findings to the U.S. Senate Committee on Indian Affairs oversight hearing on "Stolen Identities: The impact of racist stereotypes on Indigenous people." She also has served as lead psychologist on an amicus brief to the Supreme Court regarding professional football and trademark registration. In great demand nationwide because of her research and expertise, Fryberg is a prolific author and frequent plenary or keynote speaker.
A tenured Associate Professor of Psychology and Affiliate Faculty of American Indian Studies at the University of Arizona (UA), Fryberg has received awards for excellence in teaching there and at Stanford. During the current 2011-12 academic year, she is on leave from UA to serve as Director of Cultural Competency and Learning Improvement in Washington state to develop a culturally-relevant 'growth mindset' elementary school for Native children in her own Tulalip tribal community!

Can anyone explain the "Team Jaylen" Shirts?? I understand it has something to do with Diabetes Awareness however I'm a bit confused why it has resurfaced now. I couldn't imagine anything worse for the families of the victims running into people wearing "Team Jaylen" shirts.

[modsnip]

Alot of people in my family also have diabetes, i personally had gestational diabetes with both my children and fully understand the mood swings that come with it but surely they are not suggesting this was a part of the reason involved in this tragedy.

I agree, Dannii88. While I cannot imagine the pain that Jaylen's family and friends are going through....I cannot get behind the wearing of those shirts. Saying you're on "team Jaylen" infers......well, we all know what that infers. Sigh.

I think about all of these kids so often. I hope all the families and friends are getting the help and support that they need.

All over and done with except the final investigation report and the trauma left behind. No one to charge, only thoughts and memories.

The real story is beginning to emerge. No "love triangle" here...thank you, media.

Something happened between Jaylen and his girlfriend the night of homecoming. He spent the next days until the murders...demanding her attention, threatning to kill himself, essentially using every emotional trick he could to make her come back.

It seems she held firm. One tabloid said he had been physically abusive and her parents insisted she end it. Even taking that with a grain of salt, his demanding behavior that she respond to him is troubling.

The articles say that he sent that text with the gun between his legs to a friend of hers, essentially making one last demand before he slaughtered their friends. This was no moment of rage. This was planned.

Two questions remain for me. Family members got a "will" of sorts dispersing his possessions the day before. It even included apologies to the families of those who would be affected after the fact. Why did no one take that seriously? Was he just ignored? Why was this chance to save lives blown off by numerous people.

Secondly, why the hero worship of Jaylen in death? This was planned. I cannot understand even slightly why the girlfriends Facebook has become a glowing tribute to him. He wanted to make HER responsible....to make HER feel she "caused"these deaths by not bowing to his wishes, by not calling him.

How manipulative.

The messages were send minutes before the shooting. Not the day before. It doesn't sound like there was time for relatives to do anything.

Maybe they feel that, by labeling the teacher as a "hero", it implies that their friend JF was a "villain". It must be very hard for those kids to reconcile their memories of their friend with his final actions. MOO

The teacher is a hero. So if somebody is sick hearing about it, too bad.

The messages were send minutes before the shooting. Not the day before. It doesn't sound like there was time for relatives to do anything.

There were some messages that were sent a week before the shooting, such as "don't bother coming to my funeral" and "bang, bang I'm dead" which seemed to indicate that he was at least contemplating suicide. However, I'm not sure if any adults saw those messages and I can see why 14- and 15-year old kids didn't take him seriously.

And, I agree, they need to give that teacher credit for intervening before he could take more kids out with him. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buzzerd
Back