GUILTY WA - Four people murdered in three-state killing spree, Sept-Oct 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sleep peacefully, Cody. I am so sorry you happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time and ran into these two subhuman beings. I'm glad you were found and can have a proper burial, some never are found.

My prayers go out for your family, friends and all who loved you. :(

Yes it was kgw that froze (for me)...maybe they will post a link to the recording.

It froze long after the family's statement was read, and shortly after the list of LE agencies involved in both investigations was read.

Oh my gosh... I didn't hear a family statement being read either :waitasec:

I thought I had come on at the beginning of it...but now it appears I missed a bunch of it so it must have been the middle or something. What was the family statement??

ETA: I never heard a list of LE either... maybe I clicked on the link just as it came 'unfrozen' and unknowingly thought that was the beginning of it. Hopefully one of the stations will archive it. I would like to hear the family.

I was able to listen/view the last part. A dark-haired lady stepped up to the mic to talk a bit about Cody and she said (I'm paraphrasing) " Cody was a good kid. He didn't deserve this..."
So, I think the family has been notified or has ID'd him.
So sad !

Rest in peace, sweet Cody and prayers to his family. Their grief must be so heavy. As a parent, I can't imagine having a son meet with such a random, tragic end.

I'm just heartbroken. Prayers and condolences to Cody's family and friends. What a tragic and senseless loss.

RIP Cody.

It worked ok for me, was mostly about the suspects and then something about how the body was found......they didn't announce it was Cody but it seemed to be understood already....and they said the body was autopsied today.

I tell ya....I'm so sick of crime. I really don't understand how people can so devalue life. Here was a young man, just starting out. A fine-looking fella with lots of potential and his future bright ahead of him. I just don't understand how people can live with the crimes they commit.

I can respect someone who is against the death penalty...especially if they view one crime....or even two. They look at each case and try to reason it out. But after you are here for years, I just don't see how you could plead for these criminals to live...to eat food we pay for, to live in housing we pay for, to receive medical care we pay for, and for some to receive education that we pay for....
Sorry...I just don't think that's right. Not while families like Cody's are suffering. No way.

I didn't have anything to add to this one, so I just stayed quiet, but this is the first thread I've followed here from start to finish. :( I didn't have a good feeling about this one, but was hoping I was wrong. Heartbroken for his family and friends.

Senseless acts like this make me sick.

The public informations officer (I think it was) read the family's statement (they did not speak)...there were 7 of them standing behind the speaker podium. It was from the point of view of his father, and brother(s)?, as I recall. I may have forgotten if other relationships were mentioned (it was so sad!). Their statement also spoke of him very highly and how he had helped the family get thru very difficult events and it was going to be hard to continue doing that without him. (paraphrasing)

Then the LE person (sorry, didn't catch title) spoke of the investigation and read a long list of LE agencies who had been involved so far.

I got confused after it resumed when the LE person said that the 2 arrested are POI's, not suspects. ? Beforehand, he had assured everyone that the "reign of terror" has ended and that no one needed to be afraid that it would continue, and I think he even said that the right people were in custody (it was implied, at least). Maybe a formality until further charges are brought?

He did say that they were charged with theft and one other charge in CA. And that Washington and Oregon would be coming down (to CA) to continue their investigations.

Cody...you are loved and will be missed. We are so sorry that this terrible injustice was done to you and to your family. Rest in peace, young man. We will see you again.

via twitter

NatalieBrand Natalie Brand
Family of Cody Myers' said in a statement: "Words cannot convey the sadness we feel. This was such a senseless killing."
15 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

how horrible!

how did he cross paths with these <<<people>>>>

I fear they were trolling for another car and victim.

Tweet
anitakissee Anita Kissée
Murder suspects arrested in CA. Car stopped on shoulder, woman outside, said stretching, alert officer recalled alert and confirmed plate.

At the below link is a video before Cody was formerly ID'd. He was in a remote area. I wonder how he was located.
http://www.katu.com/news/local/131161268.html

RIP Cody
I read on at least one link posted way upthread that a "runner" found him; and in the presser, I believe it was said that a "citizen" found him, and questions weren't answered about that because he didn't know (or couldn't say, I don't recall).

I was able to listen/view the last part. A dark-haired lady stepped up to the mic to talk a bit about Cody and she said (I'm paraphrasing) " Cody was a good kid. He didn't deserve this..."
So, I think the family has been notified or has ID'd him.
So sad !

That was Cody's mother.

Thank You Jesus that Cody knew You. He is forever with You where there is no pain, no tears. Lord wrap your arms around his family and hold them tight.

My prayers go out for the family of Cody, they are the ones who need it now. Dear Lord I am grateful that he has been brought back to his loved ones and they can have sense of closure. I am grateful he will have the same gift of dignity in death that he lived with in life. Amen.

Rest In Peace, Cody. :rose: You loved and were loved. Gone way too soon for all who knew and loved you. :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BG89
Back