GUILTY WA - Four people murdered in three-state killing spree, Sept-Oct 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Horrible, horrible news. Knowing that this was probably going to be the result doesn't make it any easier to hear.

I don't believe in the death penalty under any circumstanes, but I hope that both of these killers never ever get out of prison. And if the woman tries to lessen her involvement and blame most of it on the guy? I don't buy it. She had opportunities to get away from him and didn't.

I think it's a great idea to do a random act of kindness on Thursday in Cody's honor. And did you know that Tuesday, Oct 5th was 'Do Something Nice Day'? I don't think that's just a coincidence.

http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/October/dosomethingnice.htm

Oh gosh this is so sad :(. I'm from Oregon and I've been hearing about this case a lot. If he was found near Mary's Peak, that is so close to where my parents live! It's also pretty close to where Brooke was found as well, if I remember correctly. It's absolutely tragic and he's so young too. I fully support random acts of kindness in his memory; it's a wonderful idea. I don't believe in capital punishment at all, but I want these people to stay in prison for the rest of their lives.

RIP Cody. It's a sad day for Oregon.

The media has apparently caused confusion about whether the POI is the son or stepson of this missiing man. The link upthread called the POI the stepson (twice) and later called the missing man his father.

They may have cleared it up in the 10/5 6:30pm presser that announced that Cody Myer's bpdy had been identified, but I don't recall.

It does seem logical that the Jeep may be found near wherever the 2 POI's carjacked Cody's car (I don't believe it's been determined where they first encountered Cody), or near where Cody's body was found (maybe they drove both vehicles to that location, left Cody and then abandoned the Jeep somewhere). Maybe they used the Jeep to transport Cody or forced him to drive one of the vehicles (probably his own) under gunpoint. It hasn't been announced yet whether Cody was killed at the location where his body was found.

The media has apparently caused confusion about whether the POI is the son or stepson of this missiing man. The link upthread called the POI the stepson (twice) and later called the missing man his father.

They may have cleared it up in the 10/5 6:30pm presser that announced that Cody Myer's bpdy had been identified, but I don't recall.

It does seem logical that the Jeep may be found near wherever the 2 POI's carjacked Cody's car (I don't believe it's been determined where they first encountered Cody), or near where Cody's body was found (maybe they drove both vehicles to that location, left Cody and then abandoned the Jeep somewhere). Maybe they used the Jeep to transport Cody or forced him to drive one of the vehicles (probably his own) under gunpoint. It hasn't been announced yet whether Cody was killed at the location where his body was found.

I'm thinking they got Cody in Philomath. But, that could mean somewhere between Salem and Philomath...which includes Corvallis. I'm weighing heavily on Philomath, though.

I am heartbroken. :(

I am with you TheFarSide and Irish- going to do something special for someone today.

I feel like Cody would want some good to take place in his honor, even if it's a small gesture. He just seems like he would be that way.

Rest in peace dear Cody. I hope all your favorite bands are playing for you right now and you are enveloped in pure love and peace... :rose:

Did the news say how Cody was found? Wondering if these two suspects helped in any way...also hope that the female does not try the usual "he made me do it" we so often hear...this is just a hideous crime (spree).

I do not think that the suspects helped. It was said that a citizen found his body.

I get the idea they knew the cops knew what they were driving, so they killed Cody, took his car, so they could travel a bit more undetected, but I am sure by now they knew the cops know what they are driving again, so they'll probably be looking for a new victim. I am scared outta my wits!!! My 23yr old 230lb brother is gonna be on the freeway today and I told him not to stop for anyone and to lock all his doors.
They are probably headed for Mexico. Californians be careful too!!!

Wow, looks like I was exactly right! They were waving down their next victim in California. Thank God a cop saw them
http://www.statesmanjournal.com/art...en-s-body-found?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|News
Just after 1 p.m. Wednesday, a California Highway Patrol officer spotted a woman standing by a car on Marysville Road outside of Marysville, Calif., and stopped to help. Marysville is north of Sacramento.

Hastings said the woman told the officer that she was just stretching, and the officer continued on patrol.

As he drove off, he remembered a "be on the lookout" radio broadcast for Myers' vehicle and the suspects. The officer got the license plate number of the stopped car, which matched that of Myers' vehicle, and stopped the suspects. Hastings said Pedersen and Grigsby were arrested without incident and had weapons in the vehicle.

Wow, looks like I was exactly right! They were waving down their next victim in California. Thank God a cop saw them
http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20111006/NEWS/110060340/Suspects-arrested-Teen-s-body-found?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|News
It's amazing, considering Pedersen's record, that he/they did not put up a fight or worse, use the firearms. IINM, he served prison time for assaulting or even firing on LEOs (paraphrasing, was posted upthread). Maybe he has learned that lesson? :( Guess he hasn't learned some other important lessons yet. :(

I'd like to know where he was while she was standing outside the driver door. For example, was he hiding in the backseat, or even in the trunk? What did the CHP officer see while he was following them, i.e., did Pedersen sit up or move from front to back seat? Where were the firearms found? So many questions that probably won't be released until trial(s).

Did they "give up" before being stopped, i.e., "OK, this is it, we are not going to resist arrest"? Did they argue about what to do? Was it "just play it cool and maybe this is "not it"? Were the firearms out of reach? Were they surrounded by other officers with guns, or did this one hero LEO "take them down" alone?

I know this thread is about Cody :rose: but it would help to know such details, so people could protect themselves and be alert in the future.

Oh no. I so hoped that by some miracle these monsters hadn't killed him and that he would still be found perhaps injured but alive. This case makes me about as sad as any has in a while. Just heartbreaking. He seemed to be such a sweet guy, and it seems he may have paid for that with his life. Absolutely senseless and tragic, and my heart bleeds for Cody's family. May he rest in peace, may his family find their own peace somehow, and I hope the 2 creatures responsible get what's coming to them.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44804359#.To325uuTZPU

He (CHP Officer Terry Uhrich) ran the license number and confirmed it was Cody Myers' vehicle, then began following the couple as they drove slowly down the road. After about two miles, they turned into a side road leading to a church, and Uhrich followed them. Uhrich turned on his patrol car lights, got out and, using his door as a shield, drew his sidearm and ordered them to turn off the engine. They complied, keeping their hands where he could see them. They occasionally leaned over and kissed.

Other officers arrived within minutes and arrested the couple, finding a rifle and two handguns inside the stolen car. The handguns were within reach of the suspects. They were taken to a Yuba City police department holding cell to await interviews by the Oregon State Police and Everett, Wash., police. Uhrich said they acted tranquil, "like they knew it kind of was over." Uhrich drove Grigsby in the back of his patrol car, while Pederson was taken in a separate car. Along the way, said Uhrich, Grigsby sang along to a song on the radio — "not a worry in the world."

I am going to go out of my way tomorrow to commit a random act of kindness in memory of Cody. I know it sounds corny and cliche, but I'm going to do it anyway. Who's with me?

I bought groceries for a random mother at the grocery store this morning, in honor of Cody.

I can't believe this case is effecting me so much. :(

He (CHP Officer Terry Uhrich) ran the license number and confirmed it was Cody Myers' vehicle, then began following the couple as they drove slowly down the road. After about two miles, they turned into a side road leading to a church, and Uhrich followed them. Uhrich turned on his patrol car lights, got out and, using his door as a shield, drew his sidearm and ordered them to turn off the engine. They complied, keeping their hands where he could see them. They occasionally leaned over and kissed.

Other officers arrived within minutes and arrested the couple, finding a rifle and two handguns inside the stolen car. The handguns were within reach of the suspects. They were taken to a Yuba City police department holding cell to await interviews by the Oregon State Police and Everett, Wash., police. Uhrich said they acted tranquil, "like they knew it kind of was over." Uhrich drove Grigsby in the back of his patrol car, while Pederson was taken in a separate car. Along the way, said Uhrich, Grigsby sang along to a song on the radio — "not a worry in the world."

BBM :sick: Nope. There goes my hope. No conscience within her either. :sick:

I bought groceries for a random mother at the grocery store this morning, in honor of Cody.

I can't believe this case is effecting me so much. :(

:grouphug:

I gave a monthly bus pass to a boy that looked to be Cody's age standing outside the bus station.

Looks like the LEO did not give them an opportunity to bring him down. Maybe he just stopped beside her & rolled down his window to ask if she needed help & the perp's realized he didn't recognize them. The next time, the LEO knew how dangerous they were & never approached them. I bet they went down the side road to try to ambush him in a more deserted location. Those monsters did not give up. They were just out-smarted and out-gunned. Good job Officer Terry Uhrich! That B*#& will have plenty of worries when she starts going into withdrawal.

RIP CODY MYERS. GOD BLESS YOUR FAMILY!

Thanks to Cody for unanswered prayers! I was not expecting after a firm, no.! But Cody came through!

God Bless you Cody! You are a saint!

Cubs~

According to our local media, David Pedersen is the father of the suspect, David Joseph Pedersen. The deceased woman from Washington is David Joseph's stepmother, Leslie Pedersen. The murder of Cody Myers appears to have been a random crime of opportunity to steal Cody's car. There is a lot of detail at this link....

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Missing-Yamhill-teens-car--stolen-credit-card-spotted-131068603.html

These two sound like truly heinous individuals- JMO.WA WA - David Pedersen, 56, Everett, 30 Sept 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

There might be another victim. I don't know why they don't name her and post her pic? :waitasec:

"Rick Booth lives near Pedersen’s home at in the 300 block of NE 73rd Ave. Booth said Pedersen lived with an older woman with gray hair, whom he hasn’t seen since her car disappeared more than a week ago. " http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/loca...-apparently-lived/uxQez9D5xUClJzedNwvL3w.cspx

I worried that it may get worse. :(

Still praying for anyone that came into contact with these two evil beings.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back