GUILTY WA - Ingrid Lyne, 40, Seattle, 8 Apr 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't believe him when he says he was heavily intoxicated. It could be true, but it seems like he just wanted to use the "blackout" excuse so he could try to escape accountability for his actions.

I agree, 100%, and I really, really doubt he had more than 1 or 2 drinks. Just my opinion, though.

I agree that he was most likely invited over, as the date may have been going well, initially. I don't believe this was their first time meeting - she trusted him enough to spend an entire evening with him (baseball game, bar), and may have even allowed him over at the end of the night. I don't think she would have spent so much time with him if this was their first encounter.

Why has no one come forward to the media to say they saw them before at these previous dates supposedly they had?? People love to talk to the media but I haven't seen one person come forward other than ex GF. She's pretty I would have remembered if I was out to dinner or standing in line at a movie theater if I saw them.

I still think first real date but to each his own.

I don't believe him when he says he was heavily intoxicated. It could be true, but it seems like he just wanted to use the "blackout" excuse so he could try to escape accountability for his actions.

I don't believe the black out excuse either but I'm sure he drank a lot and that had to be a turnoff to someone with class like her. I was making a point as to why I don't think she invited him back.

YES!!! Thank you for acknowledging that. I have 100% compassion for the victim and family of this horrific crime, and I know that this site is victim friendly, but sheesh some folks will turn a complete blind eye to the fact that folks DO date and DO have an intimate life and DO take risks DO seek lower companionship at times. I have no idea if this is the case here, but this guy didn't accidentally show up unannounced. He was most likely invited. Which is a better story to warn your kids than "oh this was some creep hiding in the shadows." JMO

We don't know anything yet. Master manipulator psychopathic predators have been known to utilize strategies such as feigning the need for physical help (even going so far as using crutches ala Bund*) or pretending they lost their dog or begging for temporary shelter cause they are locked out or even tampering with the victim's car so that they can "help" the victim. Some will bump their vehicle into the victims bicycle while she tries in vain to ride away (Brandon L in the Micke* S case).
Point being, the crazed murderer/predators are conniving & convincing. They lure & entrap.

We can speculate but there could've been a whole host of scenarios that this creep could've devised to put our victim in a dangerous position. He may have had plenty of previous "training" & experience.....& he has escalated.

Moo

I don't believe the black out excuse either but I'm sure he drank a lot and that had to be a turnoff to someone with class like her. I was making a point as to why I don't think she invited him back.

I see your point now. I agree, why would she want him at her place, drunk?

One of the reasons I don't necessarily believe he was very drunk is that he had little to no money - this would mean that IL would have been paying for all of his expensive drinks. I think this would have gotten old very quickly. And if it's true they went the bar where a family member worked, I don't believe the family member would over-serve him - not with his history, and while on a date with a beautiful, classy woman.

I agree, 100%, and I really, really doubt he had more than 1 or 2 drinks. Just my opinion, though.

I think he had drinks at the game, comped (free) drinks at the bar his sister worked I mean after all I would think he would need some liquid courage to kill her and chop her up. This is of course if they really did go.

I don't believe his blackout excuse and never did. When I was a dental assistant we could always tell the alcoholics and drug addicts it took more anesthesia to put them under because they need higher doses their system built up an intolerance and need higher levels to put them to sleep.

The only reason I think he had a lot to drink is that he got mean when he drank killing her was quite mean. The blackout excuse is totally not believable.

I see your point now. I agree, why would she want him at her place, drunk?

One of the reasons I don't necessarily believe he was very drunk is that he had little to no money - this would mean that IL would have been paying for all of his expensive drinks. I think this would have gotten old very quickly. And if it's true they went the bar where a family member worked, I don't believe the family member would over-serve him - not with his history, and while on a date with a beautiful, classy woman.

They went to the bar his sister works = free

I had a friend who worked at a bar we got free drinks.

Does anyone know whether Seattle Police obtained search warrants for garbage cans at residences that did not consent to searches of the garbage cans?

They went to the bar his sister works = free

I had a friend who worked at a bar we got free drinks.

Yes, he could have gotten free drinks. For some reason though, I don't think his sister would have served him enough to get inebriated. She knew his history with alcohol. But, he probably did get a few free ones.

Does anyone know whether Seattle Police obtained search warrants for garbage cans at residences that did not consent to searches of the garbage cans?

It's my understanding that they did not obtain searches after the first set of remains were found. They did ask people to check their bins (and they probably checked bins themselves that were on the curb, imo).

After the second set (the torso) was found by the sanitation workers, a search warrant was issued for a specific house. I haven't seen what was on the warrant.

I think I have that right - anyone correct me if I'm mistaken. TIA

YES!!! Thank you for acknowledging that. I have 100% compassion for the victim and family of this horrific crime, and I know that this site is victim friendly, but sheesh some folks will turn a complete blind eye to the fact that folks DO date and DO have an intimate life and DO take risks DO seek lower companionship at times. I have no idea if this is the case here, but this guy didn't accidentally show up unannounced. He was most likely invited. Which is a better story to warn your kids than "oh this was some creep hiding in the shadows." JMO

Although I have not seen any of John Charlton's dating profiles, I assume he did not lead with "homeless man with criminal record seeking financial secure female..."

John Charlton strikes me as one of those "people who lie on the Internet" (apologies to Hotels.com).

I would be curious to find out whether the Friday night of the Mariner's game was a regular overnight for the victim's ex-husband or otherwise consistent with a normal pattern of parenting time (i.e. parents trading residential time, one parent watching the children while the other goes to a baseball game, etc.). If it was anything other than a routine overnight or routine parenting time, it might speak to how the victim viewed the date, i.e. this was an important date because she really liked John Carlton.

I would also like to know whether John Carlton had given the victim his real name, and told her of his true employment status. If not, what exactly did she believe to be true about him?

Although I have not seen any of John Charlton's dating profiles, I assume he did not lead with "homeless man with criminal record seeking financial secure female..."

John Charlton strikes me as one of those "people who lie on the Internet" (apologies to Hotels.com).

I would be curious to find out whether the Friday night of the Mariner's game was a regular overnight for the victim's ex-husband or otherwise consistent with a normal pattern of parenting time (i.e. parents trading residential time, one parent watching the children while the other goes to a baseball game, etc.). If it was anything other than a routine overnight or routine parenting time, it might speak to how the victim viewed the date, i.e. this was an important date because she really liked John Carlton.

I would also like to know whether John Carlton had given the victim his real name, and told her of his true employment status. If not, what exactly did she believe to be true about him?

Or important because she liked the Mariners and nice to have JC's company. Worst mistake. :(

It's my understanding that they did not obtain searches after the first set of remains were found. They did ask people to check their bins (and they probably checked bins themselves that were on the curb, imo).

After the second set (the torso) was found by the sanitation workers, a search warrant was issued for a specific house. I haven't seen what was on the warrant.

I think I have that right - anyone correct me if I'm mistaken. TIA

I haven't seen the warrant either. The only document I have seen is the probable cause document from Seattle Police.

WA's state constitution gives greater privacy rights than the federal constitution, hence the weird rule about privacy rights to one's garbage can.

To me, situations like the one that has developed around the death of Ingrid Lyne suggest that public safety interests outweigh the need to protect the privacy of one's garbage can.

<modsnip>

Does anyone recall any information as to how the victim was to get to the Mariners game, i.e. she was supposed to meet her date at the game, he picked her up, or she picked him up?

I wonder whether anyone bothered to check with the Mariners stadium to find out whether the victim's tickets were ever scanned at one of the entrance gates?

We've theorized he was nude when he did it. Another thing, it's quite possible there was a bag wih surgical gloves on her property. I know several nurses and they always have a medical bag in the house or car for emergencies they might encounter.

ETA: That surgical glove is only my opinion. It has never been mentioned as something that really happened.

And while the term 'bathtub' was used I still feel it could have been a shower stall with a larger drain. I am probably wrong on that one but just a feeling .

Barcode:

Are you referring to the report that the victim's torso was found in a cooler? http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...t-recycling-center-believed-from-ingrid-lyne/

Does anyone recall any information as to how the victim was to get to the Mariners game, i.e. she was supposed to meet her date at the game, he picked her up, or she picked him up?

I wonder whether anyone bothered to check with the Mariners stadium to find out whether the victim's tickets were ever scanned at one of the entrance gates?

I believe the charging document stated that JC said that IL picked him up at his day labor job before the game.

I'm speculating, but I would imagine she then drove the two of them to a location close to the stadium, and they then walked or Ubered to the game.

I just found this:

http://www.kfbb.com/story/31708837/seattle-murder-suspect-has-criminal-history-in-montana

"Charlton was sentenced to five years probation for the felony theft, and as part of his sentence he spent time in drug rehabilitation in Butte and at a facility in Great Falls, according to the Department of Corrections."

So he didn't serve five years between 2009-2014; he was given five years probation. And... Butte is where the severed legs were discovered (I mentioned upthread).

I think he had drinks at the game, comped (free) drinks at the bar his sister worked I mean after all I would think he would need some liquid courage to kill her and chop her up. This is of course if they really did go.

I don't believe his blackout excuse and never did. When I was a dental assistant we could always tell the alcoholics and drug addicts it took more anesthesia to put them under because they need higher doses their system built up an intolerance and need higher levels to put them to sleep.

The only reason I think he had a lot to drink is that he got mean when he drank killing her was quite mean. The blackout excuse is totally not believable.

I still respectfully disagree, and I still believe he had only 1 or 2 drinks. Killing IL was an act of violence, and the overwhelming majority of violent people do not have a mental illness. Alcoholics and addicts are people with mental illnesses, (because alcohol and drug addiction are classified by the APA and in the DSM-V as a mental illness) and while people with mental illness do commit violent crimes on occasion, it is much, much more likely that people with mental illness will instead be victims of violent crime, rather than commit violent crimes themselves.

It really doesn't matter either way, though, because IL lost her life through no fault of her own, and it really stinks. IL deserved the opportunity to see her daughters grow up, save more babies through her career as a nurse, and live a long, happy life with anyone and everyone she chose. She had her future stolen from her, with someone (most likely JC) making the decision to hurt her the way they did.

I hope that her family knows how loved she was in life, and continues to be now, and that they can find closure when they are ready. I also hope that IL is able to rest easily, peacefully, and serenely. She deserves it.

Yes, he could have gotten free drinks. For some reason though, I don't think his sister would have served him enough to get inebriated. She knew his history with alcohol. But, he probably did get a few free ones.

Idk, I hope she was stingy with him. But you know how it seems like he only likes his sister and no one else? She might be a huge enabler... If he's a narcissist than he'll be partial to people who always say yes to him, and make it easier to wallow in his own vices and bad habits.

This is my first post. Hello everyone! This case is so disturbing. Has anyone else thought that LE brought the charge up from murder 2 to murder 1 BECAUSE of his own admission about his online dating profile. Idk about anyone else but doesn't it seem out of character for a homeless, alcoholic/drug addict diving into online dating? IMO it doesn't seem to be a priority for someone who doesn't know where his next meal is coming from. Again MO, I think he created these profiles just to victimize someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back