GUILTY WA - Ingrid Lyne, 40, Seattle, 8 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When considering potential other victims, we need look outside of Washington. Based on his criminal history, here are some of the places he has been in the last 20 years:

- 1997 booked for assault in King County, Washington also Possession of Marijuana in Washington
- 1998 Auburn County Washington - domestic violence assault case filed May 21, 1998
- 1998 (summer) arrested for DUI in Washington
- 2003 Robbery and 3 counts of battery - Miami/Dade County, Florida
- 2006 Aggravated robbery in Utah.
- 2006 Restraining order with his parents - was this in Washington?
- 2009 Misdemeanor battery in Idaho.
- 2009 Felony theft, Montana
- October 2015 Lynnwood Municipal Court driving without insurance.
- February 2016 Stopped for driving a Ford Taurus with expired tags

This list shows 5 states that he was arrested in. The probable cause statement mentions that he has a criminal history in 6 states. Does anybody know the 6th state?

Only a cell phone account. Not a phone. I don't think it's odd, usually those family plans make it much cheaper to add a line then opening a whole new account.

I agree, I don't think it's odd either. My husband and I are both on his mom's plan. My sister, who is married is also on my mom's plan. It's cheaper.

I share an account with my mom - cheaper family plan.

Thanks for clarifying. I guess it's just me then. [emoji1303] After I became an adult I've always had my own accounts for everything. It would never occur to me to still be tied to my parents in that way. Especially after getting married. Cheaper or not.

It would really be nice to know if they even made it to the game, TBH. If they never made it to the game then he had a lot more time to do it vs. going to the game - but, if the neighbors have her car pulling into her driveway at 12:00 then I would assume they did go to the game? I wonder why there is so little on if they actually made it to the game or not. Hopefully we find out soon!

I'm wondering why of all of her body parts, he chooses the head and arm with hand - two parts the could positively ID her the quickest way.
Maybe he did indeed want to be caught.
Where is the rest of this dear woman?

I think he either wanted to get caught or at least knew he would get caught and it didn't matter enough to stop him from what he wanted to do. I also think that the dismembering was done for the thrill, not because he was trying to think of a good way to hide the body or he wouldn't have chosen someone's recycling bin to hide the remains.

Ironically (he might not know this because he doesn't live in Seattle) but a recycling bin is the worst hiding place for anything. We are required in Seattle to use specific clear plastic bags to hold our recyclables so that the people picking up the bins can inspect them to make sure everything in them is recyclable. If you sneak in something on the NO list, you get "a note" and they won't take your bin! (It's very embarrassing to get "a note.")

!rst and Blanchard downtown Seattle, Monday morning it already had a ticket but somehow they (parking enforcement vs police did not make the connection even though it had been reported stolen(or so it seems)
Thank you,I hadnt read that. Any chance you have a link?
Maybe our great mapper ClaireNC, could add that to her map she created.

It would really be nice to know if they even made it to the game, TBH. If they never made it to the game then he had a lot more time to do it vs. going to the game - but, if the neighbors have her car pulling into her driveway at 12:00 then I would assume they did go to the game? I wonder why there is so little on if they actually made it to the game or not. Hopefully we find out soon!

If they know the seats (sounds like tix were on her computer screen) LE can probably go back to surveillance video at the game and see if they were in those seats. (I'm assuming there are security cameras all over that ballpark, but I could be wrong.)

Seems like LE have not yet confirmed if they went to the game or not. At least according to this article: "The law-enforcement source said police have not yet confirmed that Lyne and Charlton attended the baseball game, although detectives found Mariners tickets on her computer at home."

They should be able to track down where her phone was when the text was sent to her friend at 10:30 pm, plus the stadium has all kind of video equipment. They will definitely be able to confirm if they were there or not, but they might not release that to the public.

If they were at the game, I'm surprised that nobody has come forward on social media to say they remember seeing them. Like hey, I sat next to them at the game...

When considering potential other victims, we need look outside of Washington. Based on his criminal history, here are some of the places he has been in the last 20 years:

- 1997 booked for assault in King County, Washington also Possession of Marijuana in Washington
- 1998 Auburn County Washington - domestic violence assault case filed May 21, 1998
- 1998 (summer) arrested for DUI in Washington
- 2003 Robbery and 3 counts of battery - Miami/Dade County, Florida
- 2006 Aggravated robbery in Utah.
- 2006 Restraining order with his parents - was this in Washington?
- 2009 Misdemeanor battery in Idaho.
- 2009 Felony theft, Montana
- October 2015 Lynnwood Municipal Court driving without insurance.
- February 2016 Stopped for driving a Ford Taurus with expired tags

This list shows 5 states that he was arrested in. The probable cause statement mentions that he has a criminal history in 6 states. Does anybody know the 6th state?
I believe I read Texas, a few pages back in this thread.

I'd be surprised if a beautiful woman at the Mariners game with her new boyfriend didn't take a selfie or two.
I also read somewhere that the last time she was heard from was by a friend she texted that night.
I bet there's a lot of evidence on that phone.

Living that way is not sustainable. What happened here was a tragedy, but uncommon. If you have to do background checks on every dating perspective, I wouldn't want to date "that" person that felt that way. We should all live with "reasonable" caution in all aspects in life but there's a difference between being cautious and being paranoid. It would be like a fear of flying. The odds of dying in an electric garage door malfunction is greater than dying in a plane wreck. You can't live your life in fear.

Amen. I'm terrified of flying because of high profile tragedies, but when I'm booking my flight I remind myself that traveling is essential & the numbers (of plane crashes) don't add up to my fear. It's not until takeoff that I wonder why I did it.. lol. Same with online dating. Women are more likely to be harmed by somebody they know, not a date they met online. I met my husband online. We've been together 9 years and are responsible for 5 other couples meeting then marrying :) And for the record, I had one super sketchy date from an online dating site.. Two guys I met in "real" life and had known for years ended up being the worst (violent criminals). In fact, my bad choices of dating guys I had known for so long & wrongfully assuming that meant I really knew them motivated me to look outside of my usual pool & try online! So my warning would be exactly the same as yours!

Thank you,I hadnt read that. Any chance you have a link?
Maybe our great mapper ClaireNC, could add that to her map she created.

That location is close to two transit stops that have buses to Lake Stevens. I can't think of why else he would leave her car in that particular location (Belltown). Unless that is where they met before the game and his car was still there. That would make sense.

(I'm kind of thinking he wouldn't have taken a bus unless he was low on cash. You'd think he would have sprung for a taxi or UBER after his big night.)

That location is close to two transit stops that have buses to Lake Stevens. I can't think of why else he would leave her car in that particular location (Belltown). Unless that is where they met before the game. That would make sense.

(I'm kind of thinking he wouldn't have taken a bus unless he was low on cash. You'd think he would have sprung for a taxi or UBER after his big night.)

It's also possible his ex-girlfriend came and picked him up.

Discussing right now on Q13 broadcast. Charlton said to have scratches on face, chin, and chest. I missed the beginning. But Bill Wixey says they will follow all morning, and post updates online. KCPQ Fox. Channel 13 in the Seattle area.

If they know the seats (sounds like tix were on her computer screen) LE can probably go back to surveillance video at the game and see if they were in those seats. (I'm assuming there are security cameras all over that ballpark, but I could be wrong.)

I'm also wondering if the "scan" they do of the ticket barcode when you enter the game could tell them anything. Though I'm not sure it is exact; it may just verify that the ticket is valid and not store the data anywhere. I'm sure that knowing whether she went to the game or not would be valuable in narrowing down the time of death.

I share an account with my mom - cheaper family plan. I believe that the reason it was mentioned in the probable cause documents is that if the mom is on the account, the police could get her permission to review call records without the need for a warrant if she gave consent. It bypasses any privacy or search issue.

I just learned about this on a different case. A person can give permission to review their records. (But only to the extent of the records you can see on your bill.) A warrant is required by the wireless companies for anything more (like tracking pings, etc.)

I am very interested in what his ex-girlfriend who he was staying with Saturday and Sunday has to say to the Investigators. Such as was anything different with him, did she know he had been on a date? What was his demeanor on Saturday? What was he wearing when he arrived or when she picked him up? Did he was his shoes or any items while laying low at her place. I just don't understand how after committing such a gruesome crime, where was all the blood? If he cleaned up the crime scene where are the towels? Where are his clothes and shoes? If the victims last text to a friend was at 10:30pm Friday night and it was all cleaned up by 9:30am Saturday that leaves him less than 12 hours for the altercation, murder, dismemberment and clean up and removal to have occurred. I just can't see someone who has not done this type of crime before getting all of that done that quickly. Just my opinion but I still think he has done it before. Maybe the lack of time is why it was sloppy, leaving the saw in the bathroom. Also maybe he wanted her head to be found, maybe he wanted to see his work in the paper, on the news. I mean if you go to the trouble of dismembering someone and place it in bags why not just drive behind a business and dispose of it in a big dumpster, why leave the most identifiable part her head in a clear trash bag in a residential bin? If he didn't want someone to look, why not re bag it in black bags after he left. I am starting to think this guy was not stupid but was narcissistic and fueled by the thrill and was making sure they found her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perhaps he killed her while they were in bed without clothes on. Maybe he did all of this without clothes or put something of her's on to go get the saw.

It's also possible his ex-girlfriend came and picked him up.

That would make sense too for that location. There are music clubs and bars around there, so he could have just told ex-GF he had been out partying and to pick him up. Poor woman. I imagine she is reeling with the news that she was housing a sick and twisted murderer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx