GUILTY WA - Ingrid Lyne, 40, Seattle, 8 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Discussing right now on Q13 broadcast. Charlton said to have scratches on face, chin, and chest. I missed the beginning. But Bill Wixey says they will follow all morning, and post updates online. KCPQ Fox. Channel 13 in the Seattle area.

All those injuries and yet he doesn't remember any of it--except that they had sex and she was acting weird. (Riiiight.)

I feel like Belltown is such a weird place to park a car you're trying to hide. The parking patrols down there are really stringent, and it's so busy on a Friday/Saturday night.
I also feel like an empty recycling bin in gentrified CD is such a weird place to put the most identifiable remains of a body you're trying to hide.
I really think Charlton wanted his crime to be discovered. Since he didn't bother to hide any forensic evidence, I also think he wanted to be caught.

I think he either wanted to get caught or at least knew he would get caught and it didn't matter enough to stop him from what he wanted to do. I also think that the dismembering was done for the thrill, not because he was trying to think of a good way to hide the body or he wouldn't have chosen someone's recycling bin to hide the remains.

Ironically (he might not know this because he doesn't live in Seattle) but a recycling bin is the worst hiding place for anything. We are required in Seattle to use specific clear plastic bags to hold our recyclables so that the people picking up the bins can inspect them to make sure everything in them is recyclable. If you sneak in something on the NO list, you get "a note" and they won't take your bin! (It's very embarrassing to get "a note.")

Is it a law in Seattle that you need to bring your empty cans in from the curb by a certain time? (I know there is such a law in certain communities, at least on the east coast.) I'm thinking that the recycling bin was used just because it was out there near the curb. The probable cause document says that the recyclables were picked up on Thursday. I assume that most people bring their empty cans in pretty quickly, however, that particular homeowner was out of town, so he didn't go out to bring them in until he got home on Saturday.

I feel like Belltown is such a weird place to park a car you're trying to hide. The parking patrols down there are really stringent, and it's so busy on a Friday/Saturday night.
I also feel like an empty recycling bin in gentrified CD is such a weird place to put the most identifiable remains of a body you're trying to hide.
I really think Charlton wanted his crime to be discovered. Since he didn't bother to hide any forensic evidence, I also think he wanted to be caught.

I agree. There would have been plenty of less detectable places for him to have left her car, even between the CD and Belltown. He's either not very smart or wasn't trying to avoid being caught. Or both. I'd like to see his scratches. I only wish she could have hurt him more. She might have been lying down, defenseless.

According to the police investigators the tickets were pulled up on her computer in her house when the mom used her key to enter her home. Along with her wallet and phone. Now who knows if they ever made it to the game. Also according to one of her friends who texted her she responded she was on a date. He KNEW that her children would be home in the morning according to the text that he sent when he responded to the mom or sister inquiring about her whereabouts. He said they had attended the game together and he didn't stay the night because her children would be coming home the next morning (of course he later told police he did stay and had sex with her and then he doesn't remember how he got home, he also mentioned she was acting weird). Imo he attempted to have sex with her and either couldn't perform or she didn't want to go to that level yet, that enraged him, he raped her, possibly strangling her and then covered it up by disposing of her body. What doesn't make sense to me is why do that? Why not just leave her unless he didn't use a condom and was worried about his DNA being found. But he told police when questioned they had sex, so I'm not sure why dispose of a body if your only concerned about your DNA unless you are hiding something else or it was a thrill kill and he actually got off on dismembering her body. Also the found a leg, foot, arm and head (the head was fresh) according to the homicide detective report which is how they identified her by comparing to the flyers and Facebook pictures. I do not think they have her hands which would have his DNA under her nails if the scratches on him were from her or the LE wouldn't have called in the FBI for help. I'm concerned they don't have enough evidence to pin the murder on him. Yes he was sloppy but I don't think this was his first and I don't think the LE would reach out asking the FBI if there were any similar cases recently. There is a lot more to this sick mans story than we are being told. IMO

According to the probable cause report (link can be found in this news article), the Medical Examiner's report revealed that the bags contained a head, arm with hand, and a lower leg and foot. The head showed no signs of decomposition. The fact that it says "no sign of decomposition" leads me to believe that she was killed no more than 6-12 hours before she was discovered. If the resident discovered the bags around 4 pm, that would mean sometime after 4 am.

Is it a law in Seattle that you need to bring your empty cans in from the curb by a certain time? (I know there is such a law in certain communities, at least on the east coast.) I'm thinking that the recycling bin was used just because it was out there near the curb. The probable cause document says that the recyclables were picked up on Thursday. I assume that most people bring their empty cans in pretty quickly, however, that particular homeowner was out of town, so he didn't go out to bring them in until he got home on Saturday.

That's a good question. I know we are responsible for keeping parking strips clear of trash, etc., so there might be a law about bringing in bins. You certainly don't see them out very often past trash day.

According to the probable cause report (link can be found in this news article), the Medical Examiner's report revealed that the bags contained a head, arm with hand, and a lower leg and foot. The head showed no signs of decomposition. The fact that it says "no sign of decomposition" leads me to believe that she was killed no more than 6-12 hours before she was discovered. If the resident discovered the bags around 4 pm, that would mean sometime after 4 am.

Which would mean, he had 4-5 hours to kill her, dismember her, clean up and dispose of the body. There is no way, unless he is a pro. just my opinion but I just don't see that being done that quickly.

Which would mean, he had 4-5 hours to kill her, dismember her, clean up and dispose of the body. There is no way, unless he is a pro. just my opinion but I just don't see that being done that quickly.

Someone in this thread earlier said they're a hunter and the dismemberment could have been done in under an hour, assuming it was under running water in a bathtub. The killing part probably (hopefully) didn't take long. Renton to the CD is only about a half hour drive. I can see him accomplishing all of that in 4-5 hours.

Locals, can you give us a "sense" of where time was all the lcoations were in terms of driving times

For her to stadium
For him to stadium
from stadium to her house
from her house to his housoe
and where the recycle bins enters the "picture"
TIA

From her to the stadium on a game night on a Friday with rush hour traffic still vaguely there would be variable. Her location is fairly quick on to the highway, we used to live very close to her. But the traffic to the stadiums can be brutal. It's at least 20 -40 minutes in bad traffic.

For him, it would likely be much worse. From Lake Stevens to the stadium, he would have to come through the most heavily congested parts of traffic. On a GOOD day with no traffic, 30-45 minutes. I-405 and I-90 as one route would add another hour at times. I-5 is the same.

Now, late Friday/early Saturday to the dump location and where her car was left, not very long at all from her house. Maybe 20 minutes at the worst. The traffic at that time would be very minimal and it's mostly highway all the way.

From his to hers would really depend on time of day. Again, if late Friday or early Saturday, minimal. Probably a half hour at most.

Thank you. His cancer is diminishing as they want so hopefully this will be done by June! Then we just monitor that he stays in remission.

I'm so sorry for your son. I hope he gets better. [emoji120]

On that note, he probably wasn't parking her car in Belltown until close to 5 AM. (It's like 20-30 mins from Renton to the CD and then probably another 10-15 mins from the CD to Belltown.) So it's not like he could have been going there for one last drink or something. And it's not like finding her car there would be a misdirect for police (like, oh, looks like she drove to Belltown to party without her purse and phone). The saw in the bathroom and what was found in the drain would ruin that.
I just can't figure out what he was thinking unless he just wanted to make sure her car would be found promptly. Like some other posters, I am thinking he might have been looking forward to the attention.

The location of the car would make more sense if we knew if he used public transit from home to the game. If I were going to a game from far away, I'd park my car at a transit center and bus/train to the stadium. Parking is such a nightmare during games at the stadium and in downtown on a Friday night.

Oh God :( Where's the rest of her body? Just sick. So so sick.

I hope her kids are doing okay. I hope that they do not learn the details of what happened for a very long time. My heart hurts so badly for them along with the rest of the family.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The location of the car would make more sense if we knew if he used public transit from home to the game. If I were going to a game from far away, I'd park my car at a transit center and bus/train to the stadium. Parking is such a nightmare during games at the stadium and in downtown on a Friday night.
I agree that the parking makes sense for your average person trying to get home after the game.
But for a guy who just murdered his girlfriend and threw away her remains in a garbage can in the CD, it makes a lot less sense that he would park HER car there.
Sure, it's a convenient place to park to bus home. But it's Belltown. People are going to see that car.

I agree that the parking makes sense for your average person trying to get home after the game.
But for a guy who just murdered his girlfriend and threw away her remains in a garbage can in the CD, it makes a lot less sense that he would park HER car there.
Sure, it's a convenient place to park to bus home. But it's Belltown. People are going to see that car.

I totally agree, but if he didn't have a car and only had hers... and he hasn't done much up until then to hide his crime, parking near a bus to his house would make sense in his mind. Just leave it and hop on the bus. At 5AM-ish in Belltown, it was probably empty enough that he wouldn't be seen and then other cars would park around there in just a few hours:

Some thoughts about the car and the remains.

After looking at the map and doing some routes, I think he probably left Ingrid's home and tried to avoid being on the freeway. If he did this, he could take Rainier Ave. or MLK Way all the way to the place where the partial remains were found. From there, it is kind of a straight shot to Belltown - though not particularly close, he could follow his nose and look for a parking place. If it was early in the morning, I do know that Belltown is a place where cars are often parked overnight and ticketed, rather than towed. Being an area with a large amount of bars, there is an expectation that a car may be left overnight and if drunk partiers have to worry about a car being towed, they might be less likely to leave it. I have been the recipient of one of these tickets in my younger days :) I think if he was thinking of a place to dump a car, that that might buy him a bit of time. I also think he may have called his ex girlfriend, said that he got drunk and possibly in a fight and passed out in Belltown and could she come pick him up. This explanation would explain if there was blood and his scrapes and cuts. Though I think he could not have been wearing clothes or the same clothes as when the crime was committed.

I tried to think of this as a drugged or drunk killer might. If something happened out of rash thinking (she refused sex, felt weird when he came on too strong, etc) he may have killed her in a rage. In an irrational and impaired state, parts of a body might seem easier to get out to a car and dispose of then a body. Maybe it was a case of him rationalizing that he had to do what he had to do.

While I see that he could make some effort to cover it up, I am not convinced that this was pre planned or well thought out. He made no attempt to cover his tracks ahead of time and a sloppy attempt to do so after the crime.

All my opinion, of course.

I think he either wanted to get caught or at least knew he would get caught and it didn't matter enough to stop him from what he wanted to do. I also think that the dismembering was done for the thrill, not because he was trying to think of a good way to hide the body or he wouldn't have chosen someone's recycling bin to hide the remains.

Ironically (he might not know this because he doesn't live in Seattle) but a recycling bin is the worst hiding place for anything. We are required in Seattle to use specific clear plastic bags to hold our recyclables so that the people picking up the bins can inspect them to make sure everything in them is recyclable. If you sneak in something on the NO list, you get "a note" and they won't take your bin! (It's very embarrassing to get "a note.")

I don't think he wanted to get caught or he wouldn't have bothered to hide the body in the trash bin. Why not tell LE where the other parts are? Why not confess then? I think he was just plain stupid.

One guy in his apt complex said he had a car and other articles said he didn't. Does anyone know?

What baffles me is why on earth would she willingly drive him to her house after the game if her daughters were going to be taken home by Dad in the morning. Who would want to have sex then get up afterwards in the middle of the night to drive him back? I wouldn't have wanted to get dressed after then drive him home therefore it's not making much sense to me. Could he have forced her to take him to her house? Maybe someone was right that they had drinks after or even at the game laced her drink with a drug he drove them to her house while she passed out in the car.

I pray to god she was completely dead before he started sawing off her head and limbs.

I would think his DNA would be everywhere in her vehicle. With all that cutting up he had to have blood on his clothes which would have transferred DNA to the seats, steering wheels, gear shifter etc...

Not saying this is the case, because I don't know, but I can imagine friends putting the situation in the best light possible so that there is no blaming of the victim that she should have done more or been more cautious.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I thought his dating profiles said he was looking for a casual friendship? Maybe that's part of his cover. They could have casually met before, in public. Probably were dating to some degree, but he will say they didn't exactly have a relationship. Him saying Ingrid was acting weird...really sounds like he's leaving it open, to blame her for what happened to her, in some way. If he was highly intoxicated when they left the game, I wonder if he will say, he wouldn't have got that way if he actually was on a "date", but that he considered her just a friend, so that's why he drank so much?

Has there been any confirmation yet as to whether he has a car? Either way, it would make sense for him to have bused or driven to meet her in the area of Westlake center (her car was found not far from Westlake) and taken transit from there to the game. So he might have been returning to get his car or to catch the bus back to Lake Stevens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024