GUILTY WA - Ingrid Lyne, 40, Seattle, 8 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where they found the second remains is so close to my home oh my god. This is so frightening.

I don't mean to be pedantic, but what does the media mean when it says "the remains were packaged" or "packaged remains"? I understand that they were in bags, but the Kiro link says something like "the remains were packaged and then placed in bags."

Where they found the second remains is so close to my home oh my god. This is so frightening.

I don't mean to be pedantic, but what does the media mean when it says "the remains were packaged" or "packaged remains"? I understand that they were in bags, but the Kiro link says something like "the remains were packaged and then placed in bags."

Which one is the Kiro link? And you shouldn't apologize, you are quite human and normal to be frightened and scared. This is a horrific crime.

Saw some discussion about garbage pick up days...I live in Seattle in that area and the garbage pick up days vary by neighborhood/area. I have a garbage pickup schedule on my fridge and if anyone is interested, I can post a photo of it

I still don't understand why he went to all this trouble. Why didn't he put her in the SUV and put her in a lake or rural area like most murderers or just leave her in her home?

Why did he have to dismember her like that so her daughters, and family couldn't bury their mother in one piece. This shows he had no respect for her whatsoever. He shed no tears for her or any emotion during LE interview. He not only murdered her but I believe he used her. Makes me sick.

I'm on iPad and not enough storage left to download the app. It says app only.

I'm guessing he placed her remains in 2-3-4 bags that he could easily carry and not be conspicuous. Dropped in multiple cans so the weight wasn't so noticeable.

Yeah, I was thinking that, too. Maybe even 5. Arm, leg, and head were found in 2. There's still another leg, arm, and torso. I was looking at my torso and eyeing my wheeled city issued trash can. I'm not huge by any means, but it would be really obvious if my entire torso was in a bag.

There was discussion of how the remains were found if the garbage truck was automated. When the one our city owns actually works, it loads from the side. Don't the green trucks in the news story look like traditional back loading garbage trucks?

No I know in my heart of hearts JC is involved. I just think it's possible he had help either during or after.

Me too. I am not from the area but on my street, neighbors have various trash companies. My day is Monday but others are Wednesday, Thursday, Friday etc. Does this area use private companies or is trash pick up done by the municipality? When I lived in the city, they provided pickup but we still had different days depending on your block.

I do find it remarkable that the homeowners didn't check prior to today after hearing the story especially living so close....but some people do not listen to news or may have been away. Still very hard to believe though unless someone is covering.

Is there reason to suspect a second person could be involved? I don't see it yet.

They way I assume this happened - JC dumped the body parts in multiple bins that were at the curb last Friday night around the central district (hopefully no more than these two locations) that had been set out for Friday pickup but not yet pulled back in. On Saturday, homeowner #1 noticed the bags in his bin as he pulled the bin back to his house, and homeowner #2 did not. Homeowner #2 has likely placed additional trash bags in his bin this week, then took bin to the curb Friday morning where a trash collector noticed the smell upon lifting the lid.

I personally don't think LE searched all bins in the area this past week, for a few reasons. One is that I've been close to a SPD homicide investigation before and things happened quite... slowly, and that was without a suspect in mind or in custody (ie there was even more need for quick action).
They could go door to door and ask permission from homeowners, but some homeowners wouldn't be home.
Had LE gotten search warrants for every property in the whole neighborhood, I think media would have known about it. And they don't grant search warrants for blanket searches, no just cause.
SPD would not approach bins on private property without permission.
I think a more likely scenario is they were working with Seattle Public Utilities to have sanitation workers look through every bin during routine pickups this week. Perhaps they even has LE along with them (though that is doubtful, I read that SPD is short about 200 officers in order to be able to meet 911 demand).

There was discussion of how the remains were found if the garbage truck was automated. When the one our city owns actually works, it loads from the side. Don't the green trucks in the news story look like traditional back loading garbage trucks?

Yes I believe they are

The garbage cans here (Seattle) are black bins with lids that lock closed by moving the handles on top of the lids. The garbage pickup workers actually take the lid off themselves, then put it back on. So there is some human contact with what is inside, unlike the recycle and yard waste bins which are placed at the back of the truck by the worker, but the truck machinery opens the lid.

I still don't understand why he went to all this trouble. Why didn't he put her in the SUV and put her in a lake or rural area like most murderers or just leave her in her home?

Why did he have to dismember her like that so her daughters, and family couldn't bury their mother in one piece. This shows he had no respect for her whatsoever. He shed no tears for her or any emotion during LE interview. He not only murdered her but I believe he used her. Makes me sick.

Probably tired, half drunk and dumb. Wanted to get back to his curb to sleep. Drove through the valley toward home. Closer he got, that was the best option he could come up with. JMO

Oh no!! Grass goes in a different container that you have the option to order, called yard waste. Recycle here comes with a 20 page instruction manual on which paper, which plastic and which metal and in what condition are accepted. A color flyer with pictures of garbage vs waste vs recycle. Get caught breaking the rules and your facing more time than JC : ).

Is recycling MANDATORY there?
(Sorry if this is a dumb question to ask... I live in SC, which is far from what would be considered a "liberal state", and it's not mandatory here.)

The garbage cans here (Seattle) are black bins with lids that lock closed by moving the handles on top of the lids. The garbage pickup workers actually take the lid off themselves, then put it back on. So there is some human contact with what is inside, unlike the recycle and yard waste bins which are placed at the back of the truck by the worker, but the truck machinery opens the lid.

Your guys place them back!!??? Mine are either stuffed sideways in the can or flying down the street in the wind...lucky..

sorry about that : )

LOL - some times comic relief is needed. And I've been meaning to tell you....everytime I see your screen name I can't help but hear Rappers Delight. If you are much younger than I - look up SugarHill Gang.

Is recycling MANDATORY there?
(Sorry if this is a dumb question to ask... I live in SC, which is far from what would be considered a "liberal state", and it's not mandatory here.)

No, but you'd think so!! I'm afraid NOT too.. Heck, if my "progressive" neighbors saw no recycle can .. I may have a birkenstock burning in my front yard..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx