Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is recycling MANDATORY there?
(Sorry if this is a dumb question to ask... I live in SC, which is far from what would be considered a "liberal state", and it's not mandatory here.)

Recycling is mandatory in Seattle, not only that it is now illegal (punishable by fine) to put compostable food waste in garbage bins. You must put food waste in the yard waste / compost bin or compost it yourself. Interestingly, this was enforced by sanitation workers randomly checking the contents of garbage bags to look for violations, and there was recently an injunction to stop this snooping because it was a privacy invasion for workers to be snooping through our trash.

No, but you'd think so!! I'm afraid NOT too.. Heck, if my "progressive" neighbors saw no recycle can .. I may have a birkenstock burning in my front yard..

Bahahahah that was on point!

LOL - some times comic relief is needed. And I've been meaning to tell you....everytime I see your screen name I can't help but hear Rappers Delight. If you are much younger than I - look up SugarHill Gang.

Awww..that's exactly where it came from....

It seems like it might be helpful to compile answers to statements and questions being repeated since this thread is going rapid fire again:

In that neighborhood, garbage is picked up once a week (on Fridays) Recycle is picked up every other week.

The police performed a search of the area around where the first set of remains were discovered immediately following the discovery. While they had dogs, we are not sure if they were actually HRD (cadaver) dogs or another type of search dog. They WOULD NOT have been able to enter onto private property during this search without a warrant, therefore, the only bins and areas searched would have been those still out on the sidewalk, IE public property, or those searched by homeowners themselves after hearing of the discovery/ being notified by police.

A lot of people are wondering why the homeowner where the second remains were discovered did not notice them in their bin. They could have: A) been out of town B) JC could have entered their property (as in, walked a few feet up their diveway, lawn, etc.) and placed the remains in the bin where it normally sat, making it less likely that someone would notice if had things in it or not. The type of bags JC used are utterly common and generic, and the likelihood of said homeowner using the same ones is pretty high (this would draw less suspicion about bags in their bin) Also, if you live in a household with more than one person, it would not be unreasonable to assume someone else from the house had simply put regular trash in the bin if it was even noticed.

Sanitation workers in the area were notified to watch out for remains in that at surrounding areas. We do have the trucks with the big fork like grabbing thing that grabs cans and throws them in, but often the worker has to at least line the bin up with the forks, and since there are many cars parked on the sides of the street, they would most certainly had to have brought them to the truck. (And again, they were notified to keep a close watch out, in that area especially)

I am not entirely sure why this part matters to so many folks, but we have three bins available in seattle: Usually the largest is the blue recycling bin, as the ones supplied are all the same size, since not only is recycling free around here, but they subsidize your garbage bill with the worth of the recycling. Next are the bins for actual garbage, which you pay for by the size, so size varies, but they are almost always black. Then we have green or brown bins for yard, food, and compostable waste.

It just occurred to me that JC must have been wearing gloves when handling the bags. And the saw. He has been arrested so many times his fingerprints would nail him immediately. Could that be the reason for premeditation/murder 1 charge? He must have had gloves in his possession because glove prints/no finger prints were on the bags or saw?

Fingerprints are usually not nearly as clear or helpful as they are on TV. Processing and matching them is also nowhere near instant.

It just occurred to me that JC must have been wearing gloves when handling the bags. And the saw. He has been arrested so many times his fingerprints would nail him immediately. Could that be the reason for premeditation/murder 1 charge? He must have had gloves in his possession because glove prints/no finger prints were on the bags or saw?

Great point, birpu.

Fingerprints are usually not nearly as clear or helpful as they are on TV. Processing and matching them is also nowhere near instant.

Yes but he might not know that. I'm thinking there was evidence of gloves used, rather than fingerprints. I worded it poorly...

Yes but he might not know that. I'm thinking there was evidence of gloves used, rather than fingerprints. I worded it poorly...

Ah. it's certainly possible. He could have also wiped down surfaces. On the bags that wouldn't have been easy though. They may also have them and not be releasing them yet. Considering the huge bail amount (if there even still is one?), the moving up of the first court appearance, and the up to murder one, I am going to guess that they have a lot more than circumstantial evidence on him....or he has the worst lawyer ever.

(Sorry if this is a dumb question to ask... I live in SC, which is far from what would be considered a "liberal state", and it's not mandatory here.)

lol yes. composting is mandatory within city limits and if they find too much food waste in your regular garbage, you get fined!

Are we expecting a PC? Or did I miss it?

TIA

Seattle Police are currently searching a house located at 946/948 20th Ave, Seattle. It appears to be a duplex with 4 units unlike most of the single family homes on the street.

It's mandatory where I live in PA. You could get fined for having recyclables in your trash

Just got home from running errands. Fell behind here as I see there's a presser I missed. I just saw another People article and want to park it here. I realize it's not really new info, but I'll share it hoping some of this info is correct and of interest.

Who Is John Charlton? Disturbing Allegations Surround Alleged Killer of Seattle Mom Ingrid Lyne
04/15/2016 AT 12:00 PM EDT
http://www.people.com/article/disturbing-allegations-john-charlton-alleged-killer-seattle-mom

Charlton Was a Homeless Day Laborer
An ex-girlfriend told investigators that Charlton, who worked as a day laborer, spent his nights at a "shelter" in Seattle except for the two or so nights a week he spent at the ex-girlfriend's house, charging documents state. The ex-girlfriend told detectives she'd known him for about a year and let him store some belongings at her residence.

Lyne's Friend: Lyne and Charlton Had Dated For Six to Eight Weeks
Lyne's friend, Crissa Francheschina, told PEOPLE the pair had been seeing each other for six to eight weeks.

"There was some trust involved obviously [between] her and him," Franceschina says.

Charlton told police he and Lyne met on a dating website, had been dating for about a month, and he'd spent the night at Lyne's home in Renton, Washington, "on prior occasions."

Seattle Police are currently searching a house located at 946/948 20th Ave, Seattle. It appears to be a duplex with 4 units unlike most of the single family homes on the street.

It's the one they got a warrant for.

There are lots of 20th Aves. Is it E or W? It's in the Central District, not Shoreline, correct? That's a very nice/expensive neighborhood if it's 20th E.

Not making light of the situation by any means...but today reading the thread all I can think is...Man, y'all are so lucky! I have to take my trash and my recycling to the dump myself. I sort it and everything. No curb or men to pick my trash up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28