GUILTY WA - Ingrid Lyne, 40, Seattle, 8 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, InTheDetails.... I couldn't link it from my iPad for some reason! ;-)

That's what I figured, but the title sounded so intriguing I wanted to post a link right away so people would read it. Good find. Thanks.

Interesting...I didn't know JC dabbled in the stock market. That's laughable for some reason! Do you remember the article where you read this?

There's a website called care.com where parents can find babysitters, I've used it myself. There's an option to get a background check for additional $$. This should/needs be an option on all dating sites, creeps like JC wouldn't be able to get away with their phony profile.

I actually detest how much emphasis the media is focusing on the fact that IL and JC met on an online dating site. The ugly truth is that being female is the biggest risk factor in dating in regards to domestic violence and other forms of assaults, and whether you met someone online, at work, through friends, or at church is just a tiny speck of a risk factor by comparison. Another ugly truth is that about 4% of the population are conscienceless sociopaths who lack empathy and feelings for humans and animals. The vast majority of these people easily pass background checks and, yes, these people may include your neighbors, your co-workers, some people at your church, and maybe even some of your friends that you have known for years (or you thought that you really knew them). I have worked with some people over the years that I would suspect as being sociopaths. As for people with phony profiles on online dating sites, both men and women often lie about their age, profession, location, height, weight, whether they are married/attached, they post photos that are from 10 years ago, etc, etc. Requiring that online dating sites perform background checks on all their members would prevent someone from posting a phony age and catch people with previous criminal records, but various other forms of deception would not be caught. If you had met Ted Bundy either on an online dating site or at a party and you started dating him, he would pass a background check because he did not have a record prior to his killing spree.

The good side of online dating is that it has enabled thousands of couples to meet and have happy relationships, and many of these people would have otherwise found it very difficult to meet single people to date for various reasons. The bad sides of online dating are not much worse than if you had met that person at a party, at a bar, or at work. I have a friend who dated her ex-husband for six years before they got married; they both met at the same law school during college. It was not until several years into her marriage that she realized her ex-husband had a severe drinking problem. Yes, he was that good at keeping it a secret. 15 to 20 years ago, people looked at you funny if you said that you found your partner online (or if you placed a personal ad in your local newspaper). But it is totally socially accepted nowadays. If you do it correctly, take it slow, trust your instincts, and do not blind yourself to red flags as the relationship progresses, online dating is actually safer than going to bars to look for a partner, and it gives many people better options than what they may find at work, church, or through friends.

I actually detest how much emphasis the media is focusing on the fact that IL and JC met on an online dating site. The ugly truth is that being female is the biggest risk factor in dating in regards to domestic violence and other forms of assaults, and whether you met someone online, at work, through friends, or at church is just a tiny speck of a risk factor by comparison. Another ugly truth is that about 4% of the population are conscienceless sociopaths who lack empathy and feelings for humans and animals. The vast majority of these people easily pass background checks and, yes, these people may include your neighbors, your co-workers, some people at your church, and maybe even some of your friends that you have known for years (or you thought that you really knew them). I have worked with some people over the years that I would suspect as being sociopaths. As for people with phony profiles on online dating sites, both men and women often lie about their age, profession, location, height, weight, whether they are married/attached, they post photos that are from 10 years ago, etc, etc. The good side of online dating is that it has enabled thousands of couples to meet and have happy relationships, and many of these people would have otherwise found it very difficult to meet single people to date for various reasons. The bad sides of online dating are no worse than if you had met that person at a party, at a bar, or at work. I have a friend who dated her ex-husband for six years before they got married; they both met at the same law school during college. It was not until several years into her marriage that she realized her ex-husband had a severe drinking problem. Yes, he was that good at keeping it a secret.

Very good post. This article below reiterates exactly what you are saying. Worth reading in my opinion.

“Any type of dating, we are meeting strangers, period,” Rios said. “It doesn’t matter if you’re online dating, bar dating, speed dating, you are meeting strangers, period!

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ingrid-lynes-slaying-a-look-at-dating-safety/

The Psychology of Corpse Dismemberment - The Motivation Behind the Most Grotesque of Crimes
Posted: 08/06/2012 16:50 BST Updated: 08/08/2012 10:12 BST

Couldn't make the above article into a link but you can copy into your browser for an interesting read about the 5 motivations of dismemberment.

I'm going with # 2 - aggression.

My hunch is #3....dismemberment was the goal all along, though not specially for that night. He took the opportunity when it presented itself - they were alone in her house and she was "acting weird"...that was all it took for him to put his fantasy into action.

jmopinion

Good article to use for having a discussion on motivation. Thank You.
I think it's some kind of combo of #2 & #3.

Further down in the article it says dismemberment types of murders are often associated with childhood sexual victimization, more so than other murders. Snipped quote -- "found mutilation and dismemberment murders was significantly associated with childhood sexual victimization, particularly compared to other kinds of murderer." It may not be with JC, but I found that interesting.

I think she did return home from the ballgame and bar alive. How would he kill her out and about in Seattle? I don't get that scenario.

I think he killed her in the privacy of her own home. My hunch is he choked her when she "acted weird," just like he tried to choke his exgf.

jmo.

I think that makes the most sense. But he really goofed up his story about her driving him back into town, since of course she would have taken her purse etc. with her if that were the case.

My hunch is #3....dismemberment was the goal all along, though not specially for that night. He took the opportunity when it presented itself - they were alone in her house and she was "acting weird"...that was all it took for him to put his fantasy into action.

jmopinion

I think I agree with this scenario mostly because of the threat he made to his mother with the "Hannibal" thing.

Good article to use for having a discussion on motivation. Thank You.
I think it's some kind of combo of #2 & #3.

Further down in the article it says dismemberment types of murders are often associated with childhood sexual victimization, more so than other murders. Snipped quote -- "found mutilation and dismemberment murders was significantly associated with childhood sexual victimization, particularly compared to other kinds of murderer." It may not be with JC, but I found that interesting.

he is a misogynist with mommy issues, but you dollars to donuts he loathed his mother and all women.

I don't believe the serial killer notion is too far out of the realm of possibility. It's true there are many things he was sloppy about and he left a trail a mile long (thank God!), but I don't necessarily think that means anything.

SKs often have shorter "cooling off periods" and get sloppier over time. They might be meticulous about covering up their crimes at first, but the longer they succeed without getting caught, they start to think they are invincible and never will be caught.

It's like the Bundy quote I posted on the last thread: "It's like changing a tire... the first time, you're careful. By the 30th, you forgot where you left the lug wrench."

AFAIK, her mom didn't immediately notice anything amiss in the bathroom. The evidence wasn't found until they removed the plumbing under her tub. I think the saw was probably in a cabinet or bathroom closet (rather than just left out in plain view), which would explain why LE asked her mom if it was normally stored there. He took time to clean up the crime scene.

I'm still curious about the wording from the news reports that said the parts were "packaged" in trash bags. That leads me to believe that he may have "packaged" them in ziplock bags or possibly Saran Wrap before he put them in the trash bags. The dismemberment and scattering of her remains isn't typical behavior for someone who spontaneously killed another in a drunken rage.

Another thing that I think needs to be considered is his transient nature. He moves around a lot, and he never stays in one place for too long. This makes it difficult to track his whereabouts and past behavior.

IDK, I'm leaning towards this not being the first time he's done this. I think he's probably met other women thru online dating sites in the past, after meeting them out for coffee (or after "whatever else it is that friends normally do"). He may have groomed them online and killed them when they met in person. Maybe he's only done this in other states... and maybe the reason he hasn't been caught before is because he killed the others before they got close enough for their friends to know his name.

I think he's killed before, but never found a victim via the Internet before.

Does anyone know what became of the search of the house yesterday(Friday)? I'm seeing posts about the blue "for rent" four-plex but also a gray house - and I'm confused about the gray house. The blue house was where the second set of remains were found, right?

What's the gray house?

TIA

The Psychology of Corpse Dismemberment - The Motivation Behind the Most Grotesque of Crimes
Posted: 08/06/2012 16:50 BST Updated: 08/08/2012 10:12 BST

Couldn't make the above article into a link but you can copy into your browser for an interesting read about the 5 motivations of dismemberment.

I've been reading an anthology of articles about criminal profiling which lists an additional motivation for dismemberment. Some killers apparently dismember their victims and hide their remains in different places because that part is exciting to them. The dismembering and the scattering IS the motivation, if that makes sense. It could be the case with this guy.

Well there's a little more:

"The sheriff’s office said Thursday it has learned that the body was “dismembered by human means, but unknown method at this time.”"
http://q13fox.com/2013/11/14/remain...entified-as-woman-dismembered-by-human-means/

This is right outside Yelm. That's where his parents lived in 2006 at least, when they filed the restraining order.
We don't know where he was in 2013, though.

That's more specific, thank you. I assume that's what LE/FBI are doing creating a timeline of his movements. They need that to connect him to a crime.

But there seems to be a mismatch in the victims and disposal MO 1) someone he dated for 6-8 weeks, was known by her family, and dumped in recycling cans in a residential area 2) someone who was not locally reported missing, nor quickly identified once found, dumped in a wooded area.

To put this in perspective, we find lots of bodies in the woods, mostly incomplete. A piece of skull, a piece of rib, a femur. They do DNA testing, but most of them go unidentified. It doesn't mean they were killed by serial killers, doesn't mean they were murdered. It is a slow process - ID the victim, etc. At least in this area, there's always a chance they were a Ridgeway victim though.

And of course, there are multiple killers in this area with yet-to-be-located victims out there. (e.g Israel Keyes) So links have to be developed between the cases, suspects, victims.

Does anyone know what became of the search of the house yesterday(Friday)? I'm seeing posts about the blue "for rent" four-plex but also a gray house - and I'm confused about the gray house. The blue house was where the second set of remains were found, right?

What's the gray house?

TIA

The blue house was searched yesterday and is on the street where the second set of remains was found. I don't think it's been confirmed that the remains were specifically found at the house. There's been quite the radio silence today in the media regarding what was found.

I am not positive but I think the gray house was where a search warrant was served soon after JC's arrest--possibly where he had been living.

I am not following the opinions of mommy issues. Yes, yes, I know the Hannibal video, but saying he had mommy issues makes it sound like in his mind this women did something wrong that provoked the behavior.
Nothing so far points me to mommy issues.
Mommy issues to me are, she was abusive, she was sick herself, she used overly strict punishment, she abandoned him...etc..
He may have had anger towards his parents or mother in particular but I'm still not ready to use the blanket statement mommy issues yet.

I am not following the opinions of mommy issues. Yes, yes, I know the Hannibal video, but saying he had mommy issues makes it sound like in his mind this women did something wrong that provoked the behavior.
Nothing so far points me to mommy issues.
Mommy issues to me are, she was abusive, she was sick herself, she used overly strict punishment, she abandoned him...etc..
He may have had anger towards his parents or mother in particular but I'm still not ready to use the blanket statement mommy issues yet.

I don't make the assumption his mother did anything wrong at all....I think *HE* had anger against mothers, and I'm assuming his rage is completely irrational.

IDK what makes him tick, but I don't think he likes moms, especially pretty and successful ones. In fact, perhaps he has "family" issues rather than simply mommy issues, but it does seem like he wants to damage/destroy what is beautiful. I feel like this crime was just as much against Ingrid's dear family as it was against her.

Everyone has their own opinion, of course, and none of us truly know yet (and may never know).

Does this mean that may we never get to see his face? Has that ever been done before?

His face will be shown as soon as his injuries have healed. It's not to protect his privacy; it's to protect potential jurors from being prejudiced (which protects taxpayers and victims when JC appeals his conviction).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[video=youtu;jKvhKI6Kxew]http://youtu.be/jKvhKI6Kxew[/video]

Above is part 1 of a phenomenal documentary about Psychopaths called, "I, Psychopath"

My unofficial "cheat-sheet" quick reminder about the difference between a Sociopath & a Psychopath is this: a Psychopath is always a Narcissist. Not necessarily so with a Sociopath. And not all Narcissists are Psychopaths. If memory serves me well, this important differentiation is mentioned in the above documentary.

It is fascinating.

Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members