GUILTY WA - Ingrid Lyne, 40, Seattle, 8 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have three colored provided by city. Blue recycle, Grey trash, green for grass, etc..

Which ones were hers found in?
We have the same color bins, but I'm not sure which they found them in. All I keep seeing is that they were picked up in a garbage bin.

tangled up in blue

I believe so. I live outside of Seattle, our garbage is picked up on Thursdays.

tangled up in blue

So your garbage is only picked up one time a week? Because here in Texas ours is picked up twice a week.

Changing his school to "all of them" makes me wonder if there's a hidden meaning. This is a stretch but there's a Star Wars quote ""Wipe them out. All of them."―Darth Sidious, to Nute Gunray[src]"

The police can not search garbage when it is legally on your property unless it is considered "abandoned" or they have a warrant and probable cause. I agree with the posters who said that the garbage/recycling was asked to pick up more carefully in this area this week. Here's a link on when police can look through your trash:

http://criminal-law.freeadvice.com/criminal-law/arrests_and_searches/cops_search_garbage.htm

But wouldn't a murder investigation give them probable cause to search everyone's trash bins

The only people that look in the trash in our cul-de-sac are people looking for stuff to sell. Gross.

But wouldn't a murder investigation give them probable cause to search everyone's trash bins

Yes, if he owned the house they could get a warrant or if they had reason to believe that a person was party to it, they could get a warrant. The police (from what I know) can't go through random people's property and search their trash without probable cause. It would fall under a violation of the Fourth Amendment.

What I think they could have done is asked to look in the trash of each homeowner and gotten consent. But again, manpower would be an issue, I would think.

Gosh! ...this new location is only about a block away from where her partial remains were found on Saturday.

i thought the police were looking around that neighborhood for the other remains. why now just finding the rest of her? :(

I wonder how the garbage collector found the remains?

Where I live in CA they trash bins are picked up by a large fork lift type thing connected to the truck. They don't physically pick up the bins.

It's that way here too. The collectors have probably been on alert all week but with the automation, they'd have to climb into the truck if they saw something suspicious. Maybe they've had extra people on the trucks to pre-check the cans, particularly in certain areas? I don't know.

Yes, if he owned the house they could get a warrant or if they had reason to believe that a person was party to it, they could get a warrant. The police (from what I know) can't go through random people's property and search their trash without probable cause. It would fall under a violation of the Fourth Amendment.

What I think they could have done is asked to look in the trash of each homeowner and gotten consent. But again, manpower would be an issue, I would think.

Right. I think LE can search garbage without a warrant if it's been put out to the curb for trash pick-up, but not otherwise.

I don't think a judge would okay a blanket warrant to search everyone's property in the neighborhood. There was only an idea that the other body parts were dumped in the neighborhood, but no clear indication. He could've dumped the rest of the body in the water, in another neighborhood, etc. There wasn't enough specific info for a warrant to enter property and search, in my opinion (and my legal expertise is limited, fwiw).

Jmo.

Right. I think LE can search garbage without a warrant if it's been put out to the curb for trash pick-up, but not otherwise.

I don't think a judge would okay a blanket warrant to search everyone's property in the neighborhood. There was only an idea that the other body parts were dumped in the neighborhood, but no clear indication. He could've dumped the rest of the body in the water, in another neighborhood, etc. There wasn't enough specific info for a warrant to enter property and search, in my opinion (and my legal expertise is limited, fwiw).

Jmo.

Exactly. And to add to that, they run the risk of what if they find evidence of crime NOT related to the murder. For instance, a pot growing operation. They could not use that physical evidence to pursue that crime. Sticky wicket as they say.

It seems unreasonable in a case like this that the police couldn't do what we think might need to be done, but our rights are there for a reason. The Supreme Court has also ruled on our right to privacy and search when it involves dogs and dog sniffing. It is a fine line.

grass can be recycled? i live in small town texas and we only have garbage pick up. if we recycle, we have to take it to wherever the recycle plant is and that is too far for me to drive.

I cannot imagine LE has the man power to do an extensive search of the rest of her remains. They did a search of surrounding bins as they said but where do you draw the line? One block? Two Blocks? 15 blocks?

Gosh,very soon thereafter the FBI were being consulted "I think"? Wouldn't LE bring out cadaver dogs for a search of the immediate vicinity where Ingrid's remains were found?Wouldn't the dog "hit" on the container then they could get a search warrant as required by law?

Could someone have brought the recycling bin in and not felt the weight like the other guy did? Don't forget he brought his in a day later than most people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if it's all the remaining parts?

I'm thinking no since they are still looking and are taking the garbage trucks to a secure location to go through them. Seems like a lot of work if everything is accounted for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee