Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This article says there is no "indication" she was abducted, and therefore an Amber Alert was not issued. Really poor choice of words by this reporter in my opinion. There is no PROOF of an abduction, perhaps, but just the fact that a 6 year old is missing after galavanting around alone all day, supposedly, is in itself an indication she may have been abducted!

Agreed!!! I'm tired of all the media reports tossing the phrase around 'no indication of abduction'. It's like 'no sign of foul play' that we hear in so many missing adult cases (& how many of them are found deceased?!) ... I doubt the general public grasps the precise meaning of all these phrases!

I understand that in the absence of an eyewitness actually seeing Jenise get into someone's vehicle, or some other glaringly obvious sign that she was abducted (? not sure exactly what ?) there's not much to go on for issuing an Amber Alert (see criteria ... http://www.amberalert.gov/guidelines.htm)

For me Jenise's disappearance most likely comes down to someone familiar to her or a stranger who was visiting the mobile home park for another reason. Surely the neighbors have given LE information about recent visitors or strange vehicles roaming around so I think it's going to end up being someone who lives in the neighborhood or lives very near the neighborhood.

Staying within the current sleuthing boundaries my suspicious eye falls on a local teenager, probably male, as a potential suspect. This is pure speculation and not based on msm-released information – more as a generic profile. Teens tend to be impulsive and don't think too far ahead about consequences. Also, the local kids are more familiar with the surrounding wooded area than the adults.

I'm certainly not saying all teenage boys are criminals, only that it's one scenario that crossed my mind. It's happened before so I can't exclude the possibility. Josh Phillips popped into my head early on, though I can't say exactly why. Anyway, just a thought.

And 100% :moo:

For me Jenise's disappearance most likely down to someone familiar to her or a stranger who was visiting the mobile home park for another reason. Surely the neighbors have given LE information about recent visitors or strange vehicles roaming around so I think it's going to end up being someone who lives in the neighborhood or lives very near the neighborhood.

Staying within the current sleuthing boundaries my suspicious eye falls on a local teenager, probably male, as a potential suspect. This is pure speculation and not based on msm-released information – more as a generic profile. Teens tend to be impulsive and don't think too far ahead about consequences. Also, the local kids are more familiar with the surrounding wooded area than the adults.

I'm certainly not saying all teenage boys are criminals, only that it's one scenario that crossed my mind. It's happened before so I can't exclude the possibility. Josh Phillips popped into my head early on, though I can't say exactly why. Anyway, just a thought.

And 100% :moo:

I thought about that, too. But, with all the searching how have LE not found her, unless the teen had access to a car.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Search-for-missing-6-year-old-girl-enters-third-day-270160141.html

According to court documents, James Wright was charged with first-degree child molestation in February 2000 for molesting the 8-year-old girl following a New Year's Eve celebration. The girl told a detective and social worker that he inappropriately touched her.

More than a year later, in June 2001, the charges were amended to include third-degree child molestation after a 15-year-old girl who was babysitting the girl during New Year's Eve 2000 said that Wright touched her breasts and put his hands down her pants, according to court documents.

Oh Lord! It's getting worse by the minute.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Search-for-missing-6-year-old-girl-enters-third-day-270160141.html

According to court documents, James Wright was charged with first-degree child molestation in February 2000 for molesting the 8-year-old girl following a New Year's Eve celebration. The girl told a detective and social worker that he inappropriately touched her.

More than a year later, in June 2001, the charges were amended to include third-degree child molestation after a 15-year-old girl who was babysitting the girl during New Year's Eve 2000 said that Wright touched her breasts and put his hands down her pants, according to court documents.

Sigh. Unfortunately that just makes his involvement very, VERY sketchy.

I hope they are checking UNDER the homes. Even the larger manufactured homes are elevated, as they are built on steel platforms.

They all seem to be skirted.

http://mobilehomeliving.org/mobile-home-skirting/

I had a similar thought when I posted earlier that I think she's still right there in the park. Getting under skirting is very easy & a great place for kids to play (even if they're told not to). Not to mention the various storage sheds located throughout the park.

I thought about that, too. But, with all the searching how have LE not found her, unless the teen had access to a car.

Ah, good point. A teen (or adult) could have moved her elsewhere via car but that would be risky. I wonder how tightly the tracking and cadaver dogs can hone in on scents. Momrids6 mentioned crawl spaces too. Since Jenise has a history of being in neighbors' houses it could be problematic if tracking dogs alerted to their homes but a trunk or crawlspace would stand out. But yes, we'd have heard by now if that happened.

I even thought about the Seattle ferry which is close by but that gets into a complicated, premeditated plan and I just don't see that in Jenise's case. Things keep coming back to the obvious but until we hear more from LE all I can do is try and eliminate other possibilities... so for right now it's hurry up and wait. :(

So here's a thought. By all accounts from those who know Jenise, and see and interact with her every day, she's very inquisitive, outgoing, curious, talkative... a textbook social butterfly. What if... there was someone in the park that found that incredibly annoying? Maybe just got tired of all her talking and questions and whatnot and hurt her? (Obviously they'd have to hide her somewhere to cover up what they'd done). I know it sounds horrible to think about but we all know there are people that just do NOT like kids. I would think a kid like Jenise who is so outgoing would be even more annoying to someone who doesn't like kids. I mean, I adore my kids but even I have a "talker" and sometimes I just look at her hoping she'll be quiet for a few minutes. In the neighborhood I grew up in there was an old man who lived up the street that all us kids were told to stay away from. He was mean, he had a mean dog and he totally hated kids. He'd curse and yell at them just for walking on the sidewalk in front of his house because it got his dog all riled up. I don't think it's all that uncommon for their to be a person like that (or more than one) in any given neighborhood.

Just speculating outloud.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2718339/Revealed-Father-missing-Jenise-six-charged-child-molestation-8-year-old-accused-touching-inappropriately.html

In court records filed in Whatcom County, Washington, the younger of his accusers said she had reported the incident to her mother who told her she would 'get a spanking' if she spoke of the incident again.

A judge in Whatcom County Superior Court sentenced Wright to a year in jail but suspended the entire jail time provided he followed certain conditions, including paying fees.

article-0-20502D9C00000578-625_634x664.jpg

Grrrrrrr .... is that 'mother' the ' mother ' of the missing baby in this case? I understand we cannot sleuth the victim of the 1999 incident but is the woman who allegedly said those things the woman whose daughter is currently missing?

Yes it is. I wonder how the Daily Mail found out about the threat to spank her then 8 year old? Where does that detail come from?

Who leaves their 6 year old to wander alone? Who waits 24 hours before calling the police? She was gone a full night :( To me, suspicious people wait 24 hours.

Well, the daily mail is notorious for its reporting . Infamous might be a better word. Given that's a uk outlet and no US outlet has picked up on that, I'd wonder if it's accurate. . . . while praying that it's not.

Schmae + TOS = Ban , bbs

It is not clear why the molestation charges were dropped.
But Wright's attorney argued in court records that
the young girl later told relatives she had been prompted to lie about the incident.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-touching-inappropriately.html#ixzz39eZr59c4
"Wright's attorney argued..." The lie that a family member urged the child to tell could've been that Wright was innocent -- would coincide w/the threat of a spanking if she mentioned again (defense attorneys are notorious for twisting the truth, yes?).

Well, the daily mail is notorious for its reporting . Infamous might be a better word. Given that's a uk outlet and no US outlet has picked up on that, I'd wonder if it's accurate. . . . while praying that it's not.

Schmae + TOS = Ban , bbs

I hope you're right. The Daily Fail amuses me to no end most of the time with their articles but when it comes to missing cases in the US they seem to do far more than our own news outlets to get the details out there and keep them there. The manage to get that part right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member