Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the daily mail is notorious for its reporting . Infamous might be a better word. Given that's a uk outlet and no US outlet has picked up on that, I'd wonder if it's accurate. . . . while praying that it's not.

Schmae + TOS = Ban , bbs
They weren't always accurate in the Alanna Gallagher case. And just as in this one, true to form, they played up every titillating morsel of salacious gossip they could manage to dig up -- none of which, mind you, had anything to do with Alanna's tragic fate. But they do publish nice photographs. :cool:

"Wright's attorney argued..." The lie that a family member urged the child to tell could've been that Wright was innocent -- would coincide w/the threat of a spanking if she mentioned again (defense attorneys are notorious for twisting the truth, yes?).

That's exactly what I thought!!

My heart hurts for the earlier victim over these details being released. She was little more than a baby and those records should have been sealed. Her mother failed her, the courts failed her and now the media is doing this to her.

And what about the public? Do we bear no responsibility to the "earlier victim"? Each time we reference the incident, we fail the victim, too, imo.

This thread is about Jenise. Please keep that in mind, everyone.

And what the public? Do we bear no responsibility to the "earlier victim"?

I don't know the answer to that. What are we to do? It's out there and we can't unsee it. We, here, can agree to ignore it and edit out every mention of it but others won't be as kind. I think the best we can do is what we do best, we show kindness and compassion while focusing on getting Jenise home.

I'm gonna suppose that IF Jenise left the house early on Sunday, it was because she gets up very early and would make too much noise on Sunday morning and pizz off her parents and had been warned before. So she left the home early to play. JMO

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...year-old-girl-enters-third-day-270160141.html

According to court documents, James Wright was charged with first-degree child molestation in February 2000 for molesting the 8-year-old girl following a New Year's Eve celebration. The girl told a detective and social worker that he inappropriately touched her.

More than a year later, in June 2001, the charges were amended to include third-degree child molestation after a 15-year-old girl who was babysitting the girl during New Year's Eve 2000 said that Wright touched her breasts and put his hands down her pants, according to court documents.

Nice ...

Just following a train of thought after reading the above. Jenise seemed to want to spend a lot of time outside of the home. Do Mom and Dad work, is he home all day? Wondering if she is trying to avoid someone, KWIM?

I have a feeling that this case is going to end badly and it's so sad to me. This little girl is absolutely beautiful. For anyone who is wondering Jane and Nancy are covering this tonight. Jane is talking about it right now.

I don't know the answer to that. What are we to do? It's out there and we can't unsee it. We, here, can agree to ignore it and edit out every mention of it but others won't be as kind. I think the best we can do is what we do best, we show kindness and compassion while focusing on getting Jenise home.
I'm totally down with the last sentence.

:thinking:
How many RSO's live in their area? I read that LE interviewed neighbors and RSO's in the area. So I am just curious WHY any parent would allow their child to wander around ALONE in a neighborhood that may even have ONE RSO?

Everyone is a potential sex offender in my view! Most have offended MANY times before they are ever caught, and actually convicted. I'm a skeptic about many people's motives, especially when kids or pets are involved.

Authorities are also working to contact sex offenders, but ones who are listed as transients are difficult to find.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/pol...-6-year-old-was-abducted/ngwkp/?__federated=1

Dear lord!

Exactly, and that's ONLY the ones that have been caught and convicted! There's very few people that I could stand up in court, under oath, and claim that I KNOW they aren't offenders. Probably as many as I can count on one hand. What people do in private, and of illegal nature, they hide. I'm not with them 24hrs a day, thus I couldn't actually defend most people. Again...I'm skeptical of people.

Precious little girl....with parents who are so busy doing, "what" that they can't be bothered to care for her? I wonder how many little ones are like Jenise? Wandering around, relying on neighbors for food, drink, shelter? The excuse of "free roaming", independent....riiiiiight....it's neighbors like me and many others who look after your kids! Who worry about them, feed them.....
As for dad....after I read what he had been charged with and pled guilty to...I quit reading. The fact that he was allowed to plea down or whatever and he's free to roam around other kids. Too angry for words....

Too many parents put their wants, needs, social life before their children. Too many too busy looking to impress someone with their looks, their perceived status in life, their need to 'have a life', etc., and the kids are there, fending for themselves, and begging for parental attention. My children use to think so and so parent's were so cool because they had new vehicles, new homes, worked out at the Y, shopped after work at the mall, etc., those people's kids?? Staying night after night with a different friend, or drug along to social gatherings that should have been adult only with the drinking and drugs that were being used. Sad. Many times those kids were staying with us, because I refused to allow my kids to go to their home, and the parents wanted the kids out of their way. Too many times I tried contacting the parents with no response. Too many times of them not being available to pick up their child after a team practice, a team game, horse riding lessons, etc. that I had taken the kids to, cheered them on, and consoled them when they wished they had parents like my kids had. My youngest is now 18yrs old. Just recently she was saying how thankful she was that she knew we ALWAYS were here for her, and she always knew we would be. Material items? Sure they wanted, and I'm disabled, so couldn't always afford, but we did the best we could, and according to my now grown kids, they truly do appreciate the life lessons, and being there for them more than the material items. I wish all parents realized this. I wish all kids realized that kids are embarrassed by a drunken parent of either sex.

As for the RSO, sadly I know of several cases that weren't prosecuted, thus the offender is not legally convicted, nor on a register. The reasons have varied in each case, but,
in each case that I know of personally, I believe the child. Whether it's the 2 and 4 yr olds that were abused by their father, believed that it happened by their mother, grandparents, counselors, CASA workers, yet prosecution has refused to take it to trial because of their age, and inability to put them on the stand, or the 14yr old who again is believed by everyone except prosecution who claims she could have been upset with the father because she was grounded, there was no DNA evidence as he didn't penetrate with his penis, etc., I believe them. The 16yr old boy that was believed enough for social workers, and CASA to say he couldn't live in the same home as his offender, and Mom chose the man, kid was shipped off to another state to live with a sister, the man was NEVER charged, nor convicted. The young man is now in his 30's and still lives with the aftermath, and the betrayal that his Mom chose the stepfather over him. When he was strong enough to confront the offender, the offender died in his sleep, and thus resolution. The young man never went into great detail to me, only stating that imagine the worse possible, and it was worse than that. I believe him. In each case these kids were violated and their offender remains free within the community. Prosecution has even claimed they only have one time at conviction so must make sure it will get a conviction before charging... There's very little to protect the children if an adult doesn't help with the protection. That adult should be their mother, but sometimes the mother is the abuser!

How does a woman, a mother with 4 daughters, stay married to a man like that? She gave birth to 3 children with that man after this happened. God help those sweet children because their parents never did.

I'm not sure of the reasons, but I'm sure they vary in some aspect or another. I know of the one case I mentioned above. That mother KNEW the physical and mental abuse, whether she was aware of the sexual before it was reported by the young man, I do not know. Yet she remained with him, even raising a female child in the same home. She knew police had been there for him beating one of her older girls, but for whatever reason, she continued to betray her own children, and stay with the abuser. I can't say why, but it hurts to the core of one's soul. A hurt that will likely never completely heal.

Mother seems to be taking a very low profile....where was she when J was wandering the streets?? She is the MOTHER. It's hard be me to stay civil.

Personally, without the background we have thus far, I'd likely be sedated somewhere if it were me, but I imagine I would get a pleading out for her safe return and then my body would collapse. With the background we have, perhaps not saying anything is in her best interest, legally... I do not know. People are one species I'll never understand. Each individual is complex, reacts differently, and my expectations of them must be too high, as they disappoint on a daily basis.

I had a similar thought when I posted earlier that I think she's still right there in the park. Getting under skirting is very easy & a great place for kids to play (even if they're told not to). Not to mention the various storage sheds located throughout the park.

Show me a kid that always does exactly as they are told, and you'll be showing me a miracle. :D Kids are kids. They push the boundaries to see what they can get away with. Without boundaries and structure, which kids need and appreciate, the possibilities remain endless. They simply do not know what they are truly suppose to do, when, where, etc., and as we are seeing, the consequences can be devastating.

I pray that not only is LE from the various depts, brainstorming and looking into all possible places, but the neighbors are doing so as well. The neighbors might in fact have more ideas of what's normal, what's the hiding places, etc than the parents in this situation. A child that has been allowed to roam free since 3yrs old, coming and going as they pleased, going into neighbor's homes, and yards, without the mental capacity to know danger, to know who is a stranger, to know the evils of the world is a tragedy waiting to happen.

Last week my Mom called me to tell me about a child that came to her home wanting a snack and something to drink. The child was 10, but mentally probably closer to 6. He is a GRANDSON to a child that had no adult supervision when he was growing up, and roamed the area the same as his grandson is now doing, only the grandson does NOT live in that area!!! He lies in another county. Yet somehow his parents felt it was appriorate to drop him off and let him roam so he could know where his father, and grandfather had grown up. Completely unacceptable! History repeating itself, all the while knowing his grandfather and father have both served time in prison for crimes. :tantrum:

:thinking: Where is Jenise?!?!?!?!

And I'm sorry but Law Enforcement are failing this little girl! I am absolutely in shock that they are saying the earlier molestation accusations are irrelevant! Are you kidding me? Wow....SMH

Well, the daily mail is notorious for its reporting . Infamous might be a better word. Given that's a uk outlet and no US outlet has picked up on that, I'd wonder if it's accurate. . . . while praying that it's not.

Schmae + TOS = Ban , bbs

Daily Mall is not considered MSM, per TOS, IIRC? How's that for a buncha acronyms?

I have a feeling that this case is going to end badly and it's so sad to me. This little girl is absolutely beautiful. For anyone who is wondering Jane and Nancy are covering this tonight. Jane is talking about it right now.

I think one of the older sisters spoke with NG so hopefully we will get to hear more about Jenise and what she liked to do. It seems like we know so little about her.

And I'm sorry but Law Enforcement are failing this little girl! I am absolutely in shock that they are saying the earlier molestation accusations are irrelevant! Are you kidding me? Wow....SMH

Is that a direct quote from LE that the earlier charges are irrelevant? Do you have a link?

If that is a direct quote, perhaps it indicates the polygraph went well and searches of the home have provided no evidence of guilt thus far?

Plus, the only one in this scenario who deserves shame is James Wright (well, and any other adults who enabled him). I will stop discussing his past if that's required here, but I hope to god that at least the FBI are keeping it in mind while investigating Jenise's disappearance.

There must be many kids at the mobile park and many parents with normal observational skills who would have noticed Jenise. I know that there are reports of neighbours who have stated seeing her and giving a description of her clothing. That park is small and if she is such a social butterfly as described, than most if not all of the park residents know her. So where is she?

Is that a direct quote from LE that the earlier charges are irrelevant? Do you have a link?

If that is a direct quote, perhaps it indicates the polygraph went well and searches of the home have provided no evidence of guilt thus far?

Direct quote from LE! It was just on JVM! They were showing a clip and LE officer said it is irrelevant and that the parents are being cooperating. SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966