Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't caught up reading the entire thread, so excuse me if this has already been said. I wonder when anybody outside the family saw Jenise. How long has she really been missing? Also something doesn't sit right about the 16 year old being "away". "Blended" family and older kids resenting Jenise because she was the baby. Does his being away have anything to do with Jenise being missing?

The lack of good pictures of Jenise, the vagueness of the parents, the father's comments, etc. reminds me of poor little Aliayah Lunsford.

Ops....I did not know that rule. So no posting what people are saying locally? News said they are trying to decide if they call off search. I do know I have not heard Amber alert. And yellow tape still on both ends of road.

I don't understand how any parent can let hours go by when their child is missing. Time is so crucial in these cases and giving a perp or even the elements a 24 hour head start is unthinkable. There is just no benefit to waiting and I'm suspicious of anyone that does.

I hope some neighbors had cameras up. Even though it always breaks my heart when I see the child on tape. But the direction of where she might of gone off too will help.

Ops....I did not know that rule. So no posting what people are saying locally? News said they are trying to decide if they call off search. I do know I have not heard Amber alert. And yellow tape still on both ends of road.
Rumors of what towns people are saying is a no no :( I'm sorry . Is there yellow tape around the home?
If there is a local news fb page and there are comments by locals under that, you can post the link to or to an MSM article with comments beneath.

Had to go digging for this one.. Unrelated but on topic !

http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=978542

''Gordon has proposed a new law that would allow for a felony charge if parents wait more than an hour to report a child 4 years-old or younger missing. Gordon's proposed "Levon's Law" says parents of a child between 5 and 8 need to notify police within 3 hours if they believe their child is missing. For older, presumably more independent children between 9 and 15 years old, parent would have to call police if their child was missing for 12 hours. Gordon says the law would give police and prosecutors another tool and potentially carry more weight than a simple endangering the welfare of a child misdemeanor charge.''''

I support this bill with every ounce and let me tell you , I got a lot of them ;)

ETA Why ? Because there is really not a good, pure, innocent, harmless reason to NOT report a child that's missing immediately . That is why !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I can see lots of scenarios where children go "missing" and it's just a misunderstanding or poor planning/communication. If someone has your 4 year old on a play outing with their child for the day and you were told they'd be back at 4 and here it is 5:30 because the movie ran long and then they stopped for ice cream and then hit traffic, I don't want to call police. It's one thing if you're at the beach and your child goes missing - that should be reported within a reasonable amount of time. But day to day life, if you have an active social life and kids routinely have outings with friends, kids don't always get returned the moment you expect them to be. If this were followed to the letter of the law, I think police would have their hands more than full chasing down kids who didn't return from sleepovers right when they were expected to.

I haven't caught up reading the entire thread, so excuse me if this has already been said. I wonder when anybody outside the family saw Jenise. How long has she really been missing? Also something doesn't sit right about the 16 year old being "away". "Blended" family and older kids resenting Jenise because she was the baby. Does his being away have anything to do with Jenise being missing?

The lack of good pictures of Jenise, the vagueness of the parents, the father's comments, etc. reminds me of poor little Aliayah Lunsford.

I hope I can say this ... IMO dad was nuts when he said the older siblings resented Jenise. It is pretty clear that her older sisters adored her and are distraught right now.

I hope some neighbors had cameras up. Even though it always breaks my heart when I see the child on tape. But the direction of where she might of gone off too will help.

Or like in the case of Sandra Cantu, seen wandering away from her trailer, you knew at least the family was telling the absolute truth and she did meander off to play, and then something happened.

Sorry for posting things I should not have. I have lots of info, but a lot of it is on KIRO's facebook page, too. Once there is a person of interest and it might be family, can we post things about the immediate family?

Sorry for posting things I should not have. I have lots of info, but a lot of it is on KIRO's facebook page, too. Once there is a person of interest and it might be family, can we post things about the immediate family?

You can link to KIRO's FB pg and say "hey check out post #" but you can't copy and paste comments nor sleuth any family members.

Hope that helps and thanks for asking :smile:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

Here is the link for the rules^^

I can see lots of scenarios where children go "missing" and it's just a misunderstanding or poor planning/communication. If someone has your 4 year old on a play outing with their child for the day and you were told they'd be back at 4 and here it is 5:30 because the movie ran long and then they stopped for ice cream and then hit traffic, I don't want to call police. It's one thing if you're at the beach and your child goes missing - that should be reported within a reasonable amount of time. But day to day life, if you have an active social life and kids routinely have outings with friends, kids don't always get returned the moment you expect them to be. If this were followed to the letter of the law, I think police would have their hands more than full chasing down kids who didn't return from sleepovers right when they were expected to.

I agree with most of what you said and I keep thinking if you assume your child is with someone else, then they are not MISSING. SO the word missing would come into play here. The problem I've seen on a lot of cases here , some very high profile ones, is that a parent waits 2 or 3 weeks to report a child missing, then LE has no where to start to look. The trail is cold. SO I still support the bill. Will it need some kinks worked out? Absolutely.

ETA , also LE would determine before charging you with this ' felony' that you failed to report your child missing and not that said child was still with granny or the neighbor. I doubt they would use the charge for petty things.

Are we sure it is designated a crime scene? Just because the forensic team is there investigating it does not automatically mean its a crime scene.

LE usually gets a search warrant for the home. I imagine this is what is happening and is SOP.

So no, it is not automatically a crime scene, IMO.

Tom Yazwinski Q13Fox ‏@TomYazwinski 5m

Spokesperson with Kitsap Co. Sheriff says they will have a law enforcement briefing at 8. Nothing new in search for Jenise Wright. #Q13FOX

I wish someone would clarify who made the 911 call. I know the parents didn't but did they know it was being made? How long were they planning to wait before they called?

Can anyone offer suggestions as to why it would take the police 39 minutes to respond to a missing 6 year-old 911 call?

I wish someone would clarify who made the 911 call. I know the parents didn't but did they know it was being made? How long were they planning to wait before they called?

Take a look in the scanner thread, and read back a bit.

Can anyone offer suggestions as to why it would take the police 39 minutes to respond to a missing 6 year-old 911 call?

Confusion over another child making the call? Perhaps that made them take it less seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member