Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #10 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep checking back hoping there will be news of more arrests but it doesn't like we are getting any news at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had a looong day. What do you mean? Do you think he had help?

I think if ANYONE else was involved in any way, we would have heard about it by now. Small community, loose lips, etc. Any arrests or even unexpected home searches would have generated chatter.

This is the only thing that makes me think J actually WAS at home in bed at 10 on Saturday night; the fact that they noticed she was gone on SUNDAY night at bedtime.

Still sad that she was not missed the rest of the day. Lunch, I could see. When we lived on a cul de sac, all the kids gathered in our backyard to play and I always fed whomever was there. And their parents knew they were at my house and it was cool.

But dinner? Nobody missed her at dinner?

I really hope LE will release the TOD if they know it. I appreciate keeping details close to the vest, but so much would be cleared up if we knew that one detail.

bbm

Agreed. Further, in this case, I don't see why releasing the TOD would be that big a deal -- of course, we don't know what "they" know, so maybe they may not let the public know -- until trial, if there is one...

TOD is tuff, in most cases, to really pin down -- that's why we often hear something like, "Death probably occurred between midnight and 6:00am." Midnight was the last time the deceased was seen alive, and 6:00 was when the body was found. Wow. But the ME does what he/she can. TOD can be very critical in ruling someone in or out of the crime. We shouldn't need to rule someone in/out of this crime... Let's hope. Temp of the body vs. ambient temp can be useful in some cases -- a body being outside is usually not good for this type estimation. Stomach contents -- if time last eaten is known. Oh, well. Measuring the potassium level in vitreous fluid is thought to be perhaps the most accurate. Rigor can be used if still within some practical range of hours. And on, and on. Yes, I hope we will hear this part of it.

I found an article which was interesting. Here's a bit of it:

Throughout the years, forensic scientists and pathologists have searched for a definitive method of determining time of death, yet at present there is no single reliable method. Moreover, it is impossible to fix the exact time of death; hence, we refer to an estimated time. Based on an appreciation of a large number of variables, an experienced pathologist can arrive at a reasonable estimation of time of death; usually placing it within a range of hours. The process is subject to error, especially if some crucial piece of information is omitted. It should be noted, however, that this estimation certainly represents more than just an educated guess. It is a scientifically derived opinion based on a totality of specific factors distinctive to each particular case compared with ordinary time factors attributed to the pathological changes that occur in a human body.

from: http://www.practicalhomicide.com/Research/LOmar2007.ht
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, we prolly won't be hearing something very narrow, I'd be willing to bet. But TOD would be interesting to know. We'll see....

I can't believe this thread has gone dead dead. But, it isn't our fault as there is no new updates coming out from the LE. I wish something would break. jmo

I keep checking back hoping there will be news of more arrests but it doesn't like we are getting any news at all.

Curious, is there a reason you expect more arrests?

I am not expecting more arrests. The document that contains the interview very plainly says he indicated there was no one else involved. jmom

I can't believe this thread has gone dead dead. But, it isn't our fault as there is no new updates coming out from the LE. I wish something would break. jmo

It's really just a waiting game right now until the 28th when GG goes back to court, and/or until LE releases more info re: TOD, COD, results of the psych eval on GG (if they do) etc. Not sure any of that will be revealed though until the trial. I've honestly never followed a case from the first "missing" report until the place this one is at now, so I don't know how all that stuff plays out. This one however, I will be following as close as possible, and have been since day 1.

I am not expecting more arrests. The document that contains the interview very plainly says he indicated there was no one else involved. jmom

I think when GG briefly hesitated when asked if there was anyone else involved, for a few seconds he was just looking for a way out, then quickly realized he didn't have one. Either that means he was in fact the only one involved, or IF (and that's a huge if) there was someone else involved, and LE didn't name the right person, GG figured he was going down for this alone since his DNA was the only one (he thought) they had. That secondary thought is purely speculative. I don't believe there really was anyone else involved.

It's really just a waiting game right now until the 28th when GG goes back to court, and/or until LE releases more info re: TOD, COD, results of the psych eval on GG (if they do) etc. Not sure any of that will be revealed though until the trial. I've honestly never followed a case from the first "missing" report until the place this one is at now, so I don't know how all that stuff plays out. This one however, I will be following as close as possible, and have been since day 1.

I have been following it too. And there really haven't been that many cases where the perp was arrested so quickly. The last I remember was Jhorley (spelling wrong) and he committed suicide while in prison very soon after his arrest. JW's body was found quickly and the perp was arrested quickly. Could be a long time until a trial commences. jmo

I have been following it too. And there really haven't been that many cases where the perp was arrested so quickly. The last I remember was Jhorley (spelling wrong) and he committed suicide while in prison very soon after his arrest. JW's body was found quickly and the perp was arrested quickly. Could be a long time until a trial commences. jmo

Yes, another case Willow Long, perp probably would have been arrested sooner if her mother would have noticed she was not in her bed the night before, called LE at that time. But she didn't want to look bad, so it was not reported until the next day when she finally got up and then realized her daughter was gone.

This is only the second case I have ever followed from first missing till (conviction in one) and how we are now. To be honest, it took me that long, to get that involved again. The first was Shasta and Dylan. Joseph Duncan broke my heart. Following that case broke me. I am so happy that Shasta is alive and well, but following that case was heartbreaking and soul changing.

This one "feels" the same to a degree. I know GG didn't have the history. I even accept maybe his actions were 'random'. Yet something for me, in my heart, seem connected.

It's just all seems so senseless! JMO!

http://www.bremertonpatriot.com/news/270835211.html

"DNA evidence led investigators to obtain a warrant on Gaeta’s home, where they said they found blood-stained clothing and a bloody towel in Gabriel’s bedroom.

\and then this>>>>>>>>>>>
http://q13fox.com/2014/08/07/still-...t-for-new-clues-in-6-year-olds-disappearance/

“We have finished with the deep canvass inside the park,” he said Wednesday. “We have received nothing but exceptional cooperation from residents inside the park. As a matter of fact … not a single warrant had to be obtained to gain consent, to gain authority, to go inside” all of the homes to search for Jenise.

the bloody/muddy clothing was not seen in the initial search.

I have followed a lot of cases, and usually after the arrest, there is a flurry of activity and new information, but then the case goes quiet until the trial. There might be a few new developments that come out in the meantime, but they are usually minor and do not spark much discussion.

We are going to hold off on the CPS discussion for now. So far there is no indication that it is linked to JW's murder and her siblings just do not need to find their whole lives being discussed on the internet.

Admin will continue to follow and watch for developments and if this policy changes, we will let you know.

Salem

"Bail for Gabriel Zebediah Gaeta, an incoming senior at Olympic High School and neighbor of 6-year-old Jenise, was set at $1 million. He will be evaluated by experts at Western State Hospital near Tacoma before an Aug. 28 hearing, county Prosecutor Russ Hauge said."

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/local-news/teen-murder-suspect-to-be-tried-as-adult_29281406

Also, if the media doesn't cover it (and I suspect they will) you can always check here http://www.kitsapgov.com/sheriff/incustody/incustody.asp to see if he's been transfered back from Western, to the KC jail. As of 8:35 today it still has him flagged as being in a different facility.
He will probably be flagged as being at a different facility until he turns 18 (later this year, I believe). It says on the KC Jail website that juveniles can't be held in adult jails and prisons in WA. They have to be held in juvenile detention facilities until they reach adulthood. It's difficult to say when he was transferred to Western State because he's been listed as being elsewhere since he was arrested.

He will probably be flagged as being at a different facility until he turns 18 (later this year, I believe). It says on the KC Jail website that juveniles can't be held in adult jails and prisons in WA. They have to be held in juvenile detention facilities until they reach adulthood. It's difficult to say when he was transferred to Western State because he's been listed as being elsewhere since he was arrested.

Because he's still a minor and has not yet been formally charged as an adult, he would have been held at KC juvenile facility on Old Clifton Road before he was sent to Western for his mental eval. Once his eval is done there, if what you say is accurate based on the KC site, he'll be sent back to the same facility until December when he turns 18.

I really haven't given much thought to the possibility of GG having a partner. I suppose it is possible but unlikely. Given the propensity of teenagers to live their life on SM I doubt they could keep it quiet now that GG has been arrested.

About more arrests, I am hoping that it will happen but I don't expect it. As a parent, when we bring a child into this world, we accept a duty to keep them as safe as possible. IMO, until we start holding parents to that we will keep seeing children suffering unimaginable abuse and deaths.

<modsnip>

Well since not much is happening in the news, I looked for things associated with GG's name and I did find something that speaks to how there did not seem to be majorly obvious character flaws----GG had made Student of the Month in April of his 9TH grade year, at Ridgetop Junior High School.

"Scholarship, Leadership, Character, and Service" are the criteria. Students are nominated by and selected by staff members.

I would put a link to the document but since it mentions names of all the other students I felt uncomfortable posting it since they are minors.

Well since not much is happening in the news, I looked for things associated with GG's name and I did find something that speaks to how there did not seem to be majorly obvious character flaws----GG had made Student of the Month in April of his 9TH grade year, at Ridgetop Junior High School.

"Scholarship, Leadership, Character, and Service" are the criteria. Students are nominated by and selected by staff members.

I would put a link to the document but since it mentions names of all the other students I felt uncomfortable posting it since they are minors.

I can't even imagine the pain of GG's mother. She has all of these successful children and they seem to be doing great.

What happened??

As I have said before, with someone like Tyler H (I do not like to honor them with names) , there is no surprise. But GG seems to have come out of nowhere

Just in case somebody wants to look up the case you are referring to, it was Jorelys Rivera. Her murderer was Ryan brunn. He plead guilty and then committed suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme