Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #10 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It took me a while to find this link again - it's the summary of followup research conducted in Washington State on child abduction murder cases (the first study was published back in 1997).

The 5-page summary is worth reading. It's almost like having a blueprint of LE's operation in Jenise's case but what's really eerie is how close the profile is to GG:

http://www.atg.wa.gov/uploadedFiles...uction_Murder_Research/CMIIReport-Summary.pdf

Links to the entire report are on the Washington Attorney General website: http://www.atg.wa.gov/childabductionresearch.aspx#.U_a46vldWSq

From that page:

Now the Attorney General’s Office has released a follow-up study, including 175 additional solved cases. The additional cases generally reflect and support the findings in the original report with several significant and definite differences:

• With more killers identified, researchers found threat that the killer will be a friend or acquaintance is nearly equal to that of a stranger.

• The probability that the killer’s name will come up during the first week of the investigation has decreased.

• The use of *advertiser censored* by killers as a trigger to murder has increased.

THIS.

These words need to be hammered into the heads of parents everywhere. It's such a simple, minimal effort thing to do. I hope I'm not toeing the line of the rules to say I'm sick of kids being killed, because parents don't do this.

" Even though child abduction murders are rare events, the thing for parents to do is to eliminate, or minimize, the opportunity for their children to become victims.The first step is to be aware that children are not immune from abduction because they are close to home. In fact, well over half of these abductions that led to murder took place within three city blocks of the victim’s home and approximately one-third of the abductions occurred within one-half block. Perhaps the most important single thing we can do as parents to protect our children is to be certain that our children are supervised, even if they are in their own front yard or neighborhood street."

You want to CONTROL something?? Then CONTROL yourself!!! Heck control a plant!! They need certain things to survive, and without them will die. So control that environment!! Play your video games and CONTROL that!!

There's too many cases of this happening!! Just on this one site, look at how many are harming our kids for THEIR gratification!! Never acceptable.

:stormingmad: :judge: :jail:

Thinking about Jenise today, Children here are getting ready for school. The mall was packed today with parents and their kids buying school clothes, shoes supplies, etc .

Beautiful Jenise should be doing the same.

I think about little Jenise everyday. He's such a Monster, a horrible horrible Monster.

THIS.

These words need to be hammered into the heads of parents everywhere. It's such a simple, minimal effort thing to do. I hope I'm not toeing the line of the rules to say I'm sick of kids being killed, because parents don't do this.

" Even though child abduction murders are rare events, the thing for parents to do is to eliminate, or minimize, the opportunity for their children to become victims.The first step is to be aware that children are not immune from abduction because they are close to home. In fact, well over half of these abductions that led to murder took place within three city blocks of the victim’s home and approximately one-third of the abductions occurred within one-half block. Perhaps the most important single thing we can do as parents to protect our children is to be certain that our children are supervised, even if they are in their own front yard or neighborhood street."

I don't think anyone here will misinterpret that statement. It's not judgment, it's fact. The cited report was an analysis of 735 solved cases. IOW, the statistics quoted aren't about what could or might happen but rather what actually did happen in these cases.

The purpose of the study was to analyze solved cases of child abduction murders in order to help LE improve the way they respond and investigate when a child goes missing. Enough information was gleaned from these cases to conclude that close supervision is one way parents can protect their children from becoming victims of predators.

http://www.atg.wa.gov/uploadedFiles...)/Child_Abduction_Murder_Research/CMIIPDF.pdf

I don't think anyone here will misinterpret that statement. It's not judgment, it's fact. The cited report was an analysis of 735 solved cases. IOW, the statistics quoted aren't about what could or might happen but rather what actually did happen in these cases.

The purpose of the study was to analyze solved cases of child abduction murders in order to help LE improve the way they respond and investigate when a child goes missing. Enough information was gleaned from these cases to conclude that close supervision is one way parents can protect their children from becoming victims of predators.

http://www.atg.wa.gov/uploadedFiles...)/Child_Abduction_Murder_Research/CMIIPDF.pdf

Thanks, MsMarple and blue22, for the great analyses. We understand there is nothing that protects our babes 100% of the time but it is reassuring to have facts that prove parents/grandparents' awareness and efforts to supervise do make a difference in the safety of our children.

I look at that photo of Jenise, eyes sparkling, friendly tilt to her head, eager and open smile on her face and cringe to think that anyone would take advantage of her innocent, trusting nature. I admire and am so grateful to all of her generous neighbors, young and old, who appear to have loved and accepted her into their family routines, including meals. What good hearts they all must have! (Don't we all wish we had been there to able to participate?)

I may be reading it wrong, but it sounds like Mr Wright describes an almost "commune" presence about the MHP. The sharing, the generosity, the freedom of the children and trust. From what he's expressed, it appears that he has certainly participated in offering his time and efforts to help his neighbors, as well, in mentoring and sharing his home with the neighboring children.

Group living has never, ever appealed to me, although I love my neighbors and socializing. I'm of the mind that I should be the majorly responsible person for my children and family and could, quite possibly, be criticized for being too strict. As so many posters have already said, ours was the home they all came to play at. And I loved it. But it was a bit frightening and very sad that I knew all of the kids names ~ and had no idea who their parents were.

The only positive thoughts I could have about these children's parents were that they were as innocent as their children. Because, if not, they must just be super lazy, irresponsible, uncaring or slow-witted. I am praying that we will find, in the end, that their naiveté is their major and only guilt.

moo​

Thanks, MsMarple and blue22, for the great analyses. We understand there is nothing that protects our babes 100% of the time but it is reassuring to have facts that prove parents/grandparents' awareness and efforts to supervise do make a difference in the safety of our children.

I look at that photo of Jenise, eyes sparkling, friendly tilt to her head, eager and open smile on her face and cringe to think that anyone would take advantage of her innocent, trusting nature. I admire and am so grateful to all of her generous neighbors, young and old, who appear to have loved and accepted her into their family routines, including meals. What good hearts they all must have! (Don't we all wish we had been there to able to participate?)

I may be reading it wrong, but it sounds like Mr Wright describes an almost "commune" presence about the MHP. The sharing, the generosity, the freedom of the children and trust. From what he's expressed, it appears that he has certainly participated in offering his time and efforts to help his neighbors, as well, in mentoring and sharing his home with the neighboring children.

Group living has never, ever appealed to me, although I love my neighbors and socializing. I'm of the mind that I should be the majorly responsible person for my children and family and could, quite possibly, be criticized for being too strict. As so many posters have already said, ours was the home they all came to play at. And I loved it. But it was a bit frightening and very sad that I knew all of the kids names ~ and had no idea who their parents were.

The only positive thoughts I could have about these children's parents were that they were as innocent as their children. Because, if not, they must just be super lazy, irresponsible, uncaring or slow-witted. I am praying that we will find, in the end, that their naiveté is their major and only guilt.

moo​

I agree with you about group living. It has and never will appear to me. It requires you to put your trust completely in other people to protect your child...when you can never actually truly know someone. Cases like these are proof of that. All the cases of child molestation that happen in these type of communities are also proof of that.

I can never know who lives next to me, like I know myself. I know I would never hurt my child, so I am the only one qualified to raise them. I don't believe in "it takes a village" mentality. Not when the village is a great unknown.

To be clear, even on a reservation, in a 'tribal' setting, parents can (and should, IMO) be found guilty of neglect. Parents are still wholly responsible for their own child's safety, and if they refuse to be held up to the standard, can have their rights severed just like any non-tribal person can.

NRS 128.014  “Neglected child” defined.  “Neglected child” includes a child:

1.  Who lacks the proper parental care by reason of the fault or habits of his or her parent, guardian or custodian;

2.  Whose parent, guardian or custodian neglects or refuses to provide proper or necessary subsistence, education, medical or surgical care, or other care necessary for the child’s health, morals or well-being;

3.  Whose parent, guardian or custodian neglects or refuses to provide the special care made necessary by the child’s physical or mental condition;

4.  Who is found in a disreputable place, or who is permitted to associate with vagrants or vicious or immoral persons; or

5.  Who engages or is in a situation dangerous to life or limb, or injurious to health or morals of the child or others,

Ê and the parent’s neglect need not be willful.

(Added to NRS by 1975, 964; A 1981, 1753)

Further, if proceedings go forward, it is required a 'qualified expert witness' has supportive findings.

NRS 128.093  Testimony of qualified expert witness required in proceedings to terminate parental rights of parent of Indian child.

1.  Any proceedings to terminate the parental rights of the parent of an Indian child pursuant to this chapter must include the testimony of at least one qualified expert witness as provided in the Indian Child Welfare Act.

2.  As used in this section, “qualified expert witness” includes, without limitation:

(a) An Indian person who has personal knowledge about the Indian child’s tribe and its customs related to raising a child and the organization of the family; and

(b) A person who has:

(1) Substantial experience and training regarding the customs of Indian tribes related to raising a child; and

(2) Extensive knowledge of the social values and cultural influences of Indian tribes.

(Added to NRS by 1995, 782)

Both sections found here: http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-128.html#NRS128Sec014

A qualified expert witness :

“QUALIFIED EXPERT OR QUALIFIED EXPERT WITNESS” means:
•A professional person recognized and approved by the child's Tribe and DSHS as having substantial education and experience in the area of his or her specialty, and extensive knowledge of the prevailing social and cultural standards, family organization and child rearing practices within the Indian community relevant to the Indian child who is the subject of the child custody proceeding or other action;
•A person recognized and approved by the child's Tribe and DSHS as having substantial experience in the delivery of child and family services to Indians, and extensive knowledge of the prevailing social and cultural standards, family organization and child-rearing practices within the Indian community relevant to the Indian child who is the subject of the child custody proceeding or other action; or
•A member of the child's Indian community who is recognized within the community as an expert in tribal customs and practices pertaining to family organization and child-rearing.

http://www.dshs.wa.gov/ca/pubs/mnl_icw/chapter14.asp

To conclude, it might be nice to have 'a village' or tribe of support, but the parents are entirely legally and morally responsible for the welfare of their own individual child no matter where/how you live in this country. If this were not so, why would tribal child welfare have such definitions for neglect that fall exclusively on the parents, and not the tribe as a whole?

To be clear, even on a reservation, in a 'tribal' setting, parents can (and should, IMO) be found guilty of neglect. Parents are still wholly responsible for their own child's safety, and if they refuse to be held up to the standard, can have their rights severed just like any non-tribal person can.

(Added to NRS by 1975, 964; A 1981, 1753)

Further, if proceedings go forward, it is required a 'qualified expert witness' has supportive findings.

Both sections found here: http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-128.html#NRS128Sec014

A qualified expert witness :

http://www.dshs.wa.gov/ca/pubs/mnl_icw/chapter14.asp

To conclude, it might be nice to have 'a village' or tribe of support, but the parents are entirely legally and morally responsible for the welfare of their own individual child no matter where/how you live in this country. If this were not so, why would tribal child welfare have such definitions for neglect that fall exclusively on the parents, and not the tribe as a whole?

I don't think anyone was talking about their tribe. We were talking about how the park seems to be very communal and family like, with people feeding each other and looking after children that aren't thiers. No mention was made of the tribe even factoring in this. But yes, I feel doing that can be extremely neglectful. It's clear that the people in that park did not feel that way, though.

I don't think anyone was talking about their tribe. We were talking about how the park seems to be very communal and family like, with people feeding each other and looking after children that aren't thiers. No mention was made of the tribe even factoring in this. But yes, I feel doing that can be extremely neglectful. It's clear that the people in that park did not feel that way, though.

I wasn't speaking necessarily to any recent quote, more speaking to the general seeming 'defense' of the park being 'communal', and in the past, posters have mentioned DW is Nooksack, and that tribally speaking, it was suggested that this is how children are supervised, and it may extend to the MHP.

I firstly wanted to point out that even within tribes there are standards set that don't allow for parental neglect, even when living with the tribe.

I also believe there were people interviewed in the park on MSM that did feel that JW was far less than properly supervised, even in the 'MHP' environment, starting when JW was 3, wandering around alone in a man's shirt and letting herself in to neighbor's houses. So I think it depends on who you ask within the MHP, seems it was not widely accepted to all residents of the MHP that this was 'communal' living for all.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ght-battle-custody-children-article-1.1913273

Parents of Jenise Wright battle for custody of 3 children in Washington

James and Denise Wright are turning to the Nooksack tribe for help regaining custody of their kids, ages 8, 12 and 16, who were taken by Child Protective Services when their youngest daughter, Jenise, went missing Aug. 2 and was later found dead. The children are currently staying with their maternal grandparents, reports say.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ght-battle-custody-children-article-1.1913273

Parents of Jenise Wright battle for custody of 3 children in Washington

I was just coming to check in to see if the children had been returned yet.

the couple will go to trial in October to regain custody of their three remaining children, ages 8, 12, 16

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...tody-children-article-1.1913273#ixzz3BHD0M1ll

October, wow, why so long I wonder?

<modsnip>

Except we have heard differently though, even by a neighbor who is a member here. We have heard the neighbors weren't happy with her care being left to whoever and often called CPS.

BBM

IIRC, many people in the park spoke about how they didn't allow their little children (i.e., Jenise's age) to engage in the same activities that she did. In fact, many of them spoke of how alarmed they were.

JMO, IMO, etc.

Sorry - kind of late to weigh in on this one.

Did they ever catch the people who vandalized those cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme