Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #10 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except we have heard differently though, even by a neighbor who is a member here. We have heard the neighbors weren't happy with her care being left to whoever and often called CPS.

I think I'm being misunderstood. I am meaning the people in the park who also lived like this. Not every single person who lives there.

Next court date is this coming Thursday so I'm assuming the psych eval is done or should be done this week. Curious though, I'm not really sure how this works, so will it be Thursday where the charges are formally announced and/or the day it's announced if he's fit to stand a trial?

I know it has only been a matter of days but it feels much longer. I wish things weren't so quiet. I want to know what is going on and I want to know now, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next court date is this coming Thursday so I'm assuming the psych eval is done or should be done this week. Curious though, I'm not really sure how this works, so will it be Thursday where the charges are formally announced and/or the day it's announced if he's fit to stand a trial?

Yes, I too was wondering what will happen this coming Thursday - ?? Is this where he will be actually charged as an "adult" - ?? And then what happens - ?? Anyone know?? I know... too many questions! TIA!! :wave:

I'm placing blame only on her killer, but the days of letting children roam free...anywhere...are over.

I'm placing blame only on her killer, but the days of letting children roam free...anywhere...are over.

And for that, the punishment for killers, defilers of innocence and the others responsible should be that much more swift and harsh.

Because it's not the government taking away our freedom, it's PEOPLE.

I am still following this case to the end, but in the meantime you might be interested in the Kristy Kelly or Hillary Sharma threads.

I guess this is the partial answer anyway, to my question:

"He was ordered to undergo a competency evaluation and appear again in court next on Aug. 28; formal charges are not expected to be filed before then." http://q13fox.com/2014/08/11/deputies-17-year-old-raped-murdered-girl-buried-her-in-3-feet-of-mud/

"Kitsap County Prosecutor Russell Hauge said Gaeta has a prescription for antidepressant medication, so the state wants to give him a competency exam before he is formally charged. The competency evaluation is really whether we can charge him with anything," said Hauge. "Right now we're confident we can. We just want to nail that down." http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/08/12/jenise-wright-death-bail-set/13938885/

I see what you are saying, but I respectfully disagree. If the parents had let their child dance on the roof and the child fell off and died, who would be to blame? The roof? A roof is perfectly safe unless you fall off. Wandering around unsupervised for an entire day is perfectly fine unless something bad happens (which could include drowning, breaking a leg and being unable to get help, getting run over by a car, you get my drift). If 6 year-olds were meant to be unsupervised, 6 would be the age of adulthood. JMO.

I see what you are saying, but I respectfully disagree. If the parents had let their child dance on the roof and the child fell off and died, who would be to blame? The roof? A roof is perfectly safe unless you fall off. Wandering around unsupervised for an entire day is perfectly fine unless something bad happens (which could include drowning, breaking a leg and being unable to get help, getting run over by a car, you get my drift). If 6 year-olds were meant to be unsupervised, 6 would be the age of adulthood. JMO.

Quote of the year, right there. I hope every parent takes this to heart, and puts it into practice if they do not do this already.

Regardless of the psych eval, this kid is not leaving confinement anytime soon. The 28th might clear things up for us, but truth be told, I don't expect much new information yet.

As horrendous as his actions are/were/could have been, the courts are going to suppress and give little information.

They are still building a case. Unless HE steps up and tells exactly what happened, we have at least a year more of speculation. (if not longer) Sadly, two people (seem) to know what actually happened, one is dead, and one is building a defense.

MOO!

I said it earlier but if a drunk driver hits me and kills my unsecured/unbuckled 6 year old while my other, properly secured children & I walk away safe then I share responsibility for my child's death. But for my irresponsibility my child might still be alive.

IMO, it doesn't take anything away from the horror of what GG did or make him any less responsible to want to see everyone that failed Jenise held responsible for those failures. Until we start holding parents responsible for being so careless with their children how can we feign shock & surprise when others show them the same disregard?

I said it earlier but if a drunk driver hits me and kills my unsecured/unbuckled 6 year old while my other, properly secured children & I walk away safe then I share responsibility for my child's death. But for my irresponsibility my child might still be alive.

IMO, it doesn't take anything away from the horror of what GG did or make him any less responsible to want to see everyone that failed Jenise held responsible for those failures. Until we start holding parents responsible for being so careless with their children how can we feign shock & surprise when others show them the same disregard?

Your last sentence is perfect. No one should value a child more than their parents do, and you can't ever assume anyone but yourself as their parent has their best interests in mind. It frustrates me so much that Jenise's parents were so careless with their daughter. They didn't even know how tall she was, and couldn't say what she was wearing with any certainty because they hadn't actually laid eyes on her in nearly 24 hours. It is always possible that something bad can happen, but it's just common sense that supervision is going to reduce the chances in many situations. GG was likely going to hurt some child at some point no matter what, but he didn't even have to put any effort into finding a victim. She might as well have been wrapped in a bow.

I don't know much -- but my secret wish is that the Judge would have received a copy of the mental eval by now and has looked it over. Hopefully, 28th will bring a formal indictment of the charges and an opportunity to have GG plead guilty right there on the spot saving all families the despair of a trial (MOO)

Your last sentence is perfect. No one should value a child more than their parents do, and you can't ever assume anyone but yourself as their parent has their best interests in mind. It frustrates me so much that Jenise's parents were so careless with their daughter. They didn't even know how tall she was, and couldn't say what she was wearing with any certainty because they hadn't actually laid eyes on her in nearly 24 hours. It is always possible that something bad can happen, but it's just common sense that supervision is going to reduce the chances in many situations. GG was likely going to hurt some child at some point no matter what, but he didn't even have to put any effort into finding a victim. She might as well have been wrapped in a bow.

I said in Cherish's case that yes, it may have been another girl on another day if Rayne had protected her child on that day but there was always the chance that DS would have been busted for something else or killed walking across a parking lot and no child would have suffered. We will never know because Cherish was handed to him with a bow on her head and she suffered unthinkable abuse before her death.

We can not protect our kids 24/7 but it isn't an 'all or nothing' deal. There are things that we can & should do every day to increase the chances that they won't become victims. We can not expect the village to raise our kids for us. Jenise's village had a monster ...

I don't know much -- but my secret wish is that the Judge would have received a copy of the mental eval by now and has looked it over. Hopefully, 28th will bring a formal indictment of the charges and an opportunity to have GG plead guilty right there on the spot saving all families the despair of a trial (MOO)

MOO here and until the 28th rolls around we can only guess at how this case is going to unfold but here's my take:

The August 28 hearing will include the results of the psych evaluation in order to determine whether GG is competent to stand trial. Based on information released by msm thus far there's nothing to indicate that he's insane so unless his defense disagrees with the results and files a motion to conduct its own independent evaluation the prosecution will likely present their formal charges during the same hearing.

The charges should include first-degree murder and first-degree rape of a child at the very least and possibly more charges will be added. GG will be charged as an adult. I'll be surprised if he pleads guilty this early – strategically it's better for him to plead not guilty and then pursue a plea agreement in hopes of getting the charges reduced but you never know, his lawyer could already be in negotiations with the prosecution.

As for sparing both families the trauma of a trial, I'm feeling a bit conflicted and a little selfish about it. I agree it would be less painful for everyone but at the same time I think the longer this story lingers in msm the the bigger the impact will be on reminding parents that the responsibility for their kids is their job and something as simple as keeping a watchful eye on them can help prevent a similar tragedy from happening in their family.

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member