Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #10 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did any of the documents we've seen say that GG's DNA was found on Jenise's body, or was it only stated that it was on the clothing found in the woods? I can't remember.

How utterly frightening! I'm so happy he's okay. Cars can be replaced, but not our babies :loveyou:

I don't think I have ever been so terrified. The 15 minute drive to get to him seemed to take days. I was afraid J would get blamed because teenage boy in giant SUV v little old lady leaving church but LE could not have been better. They went out of their way to assure my son that he had did everything he possibly could have and then some. What had the potential to be a very, very bad situation was made much easier by the fact that there are still good people left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What time is court today for GG? TIA

Looking forward to seeing the tweets as assume no live streaming.

ETA: Just saw post #499...it's at 1:30

I don't think I have ever been so terrified. The 15 minute drive to get to him seemed to take days. I was afraid J would get blamed because teenage boy in giant SUV v little old lady leaving church but LE could not have been better. They went out of their way to assure my son that he had did everything he possibly could have and then some. What had the potential to be a very, very bad situation was made much easier by the fact that there are still good people left.

So glad he's okay. Things like this always make us stop and count our blessings, don't they?

Did any of the documents we've seen say that GG's DNA was found on Jenise's body, or was it only stated that it was on the clothing found in the woods? I can't remember.
I've only read about the clothing. Wondering that myself.

I'm placing blame only on her killer, but the days of letting children roam free...anywhere...are over.

The problem is, children can't grow that way. A child who NEVER has to figure out what to do when a problem arises can't develop into a reasonable adult. In my opinion, that's exactly why we have 30 year olds who are living with mommy and daddy although they are very capable of supporting themselves. They've never been given freedom and forced to fly, and as a result they have no wings.

I don't know what the answer is. The answer is NOT, in my opinion, allowing a 6 year old to be gone in the morning and not looked for until 8:30. But we certainly need 6 year olds to be able to "go out and play" or "go out and explore" in neighborhoods and in wooded areas near their homes. That's how you grow up. And the thing is, stranger abductions haven't changed in the last 60 years. They're incredibly, incredibly rare.

The problem is, children can't grow that way. A child who NEVER has to figure out what to do when a problem arises can't develop into a reasonable adult. In my opinion, that's exactly why we have 30 year olds who are living with mommy and daddy although they are very capable of supporting themselves. They've never been given freedom and forced to fly, and as a result they have no wings.

I don't know what the answer is. The answer is NOT, in my opinion, allowing a 6 year old to be gone in the morning and not looked for until 8:30. But we certainly need 6 year olds to be able to "go out and play" or "go out and explore" in neighborhoods and in wooded areas near their homes. That's how you grow up. And the thing is, stranger abductions haven't changed in the last 60 years. They're incredibly, incredibly rare.
Amen! This deserves more than the thanks button. Our job is to raise children who grow into adults who can think for themselves and function as contributing members of society. Safety, limits and consequences when needed.

My sons were not allowed to "roam the neighborhood" or woods at the age of 6! All grown up now, college graduates with successful careers. None of them lived with "mommy and daddy" in their 30's....or 20's. Painting with a broad brush all kids who weren't allowed to free roam at age 6 is silly.

But I don't believe they should be able to do this ALONE, with no accountability from anyone who should be in that role. (Meaning, random teenagers and adults in the community shouldn't be assumed as responsible or present enough to do this.) There is absolutely a way for children to have Independence and freedom, and for adults to know where they are. The fact that they are rare doesn't matter. They happen and they almost always happened to children who are not being accounted for. One child is too much. And there is a balance that the parents of these children aren't even interested in achieving. The children whose parents find a balance for, are almost never the ones that get kidnapped. THOSE are truly the very very rare cases.

No, a six year old does not have the cognitive skills. That is why children have parents.

Maybe the child would fall and be injured or whatever. It is not a good idea for adults to be exploring on their own. Think of how many have died or have had to have huge resources expended because they got in trouble out "there".

There are resources on the web which tell at what cognitive ages children go past magical thinking into abstract reasoning, for instance.

Dead children don't grow up. Period. Jenise, Cherish, Jessica, Aliayah, Jorelys, the list goes on and on but none of them will ever have the chance to live in a dorm room, a cramped apartment or their parent's basement. It doesn't matter how smart, independent or charming they were because it was taken from them along with their innocence and their life. What we are doing is not working. We see proof of that over and over here. I don't think the answer is raising smarter 6 year olds. The answer is making parents more responsible from day 1. CPS gives parents more chances to get it right than animal control does. We hold adults to a higher degree of responsibility when it comes to caring for their pets than their children. We must change that!

ATL, that's 4:30 our time, right?

It is 4:30 EST. I had to do the math too. A girl should not be forced to do math on her birthday, lol.

My sons were not allowed to "roam the neighborhood" or woods at the age of 6! All grown up now, college graduates with successful careers. None of them lived with "mommy and daddy" in their 30's....or 20's. Painting with a broad brush all kids who weren't allowed to free roam at age 6 is silly.

Yup. My thirty to 40 year old kids as well. Good jobs and college honor grads.

We live,in the country, but they stayed in the yard where they were visible. Even two six year olds were not going to roam on their own.

They had forced labor at home. Washing clothes ( not in the river), dishes , helping with lawn care, etc.

That is what makes them responsible adults.

The parents I personally know who raised 30 year old moochers who live in their basement....they were not attentive/watchful parents who wouldn't let Suzy 'go explore' her world. They were the lazy, slacker parents who found it too hard to say no to their kids, and didn't have the spine or energy to enforce rules, responsibility, and expectations for their future. These moocher offspring have big, fluffy, parent-bought wings alright. But why flap them and get all tired if mommy and daddy are willing to flap for them. The moochers are not afraid of their world. They simply lack shame for taking advantage of people, especially family, and they were never taught personal responsibility. Exploring the woods and your neighborhood unsupervised at age six is not the One True Exclusive Way to learn about independence, responsibility, and the difference between moral and shameful behavior towards fellow man. I'm pretty sure that method can be skipped. I never had that method. Managed babysitting jobs by age 12, going off to college at 18, first apartment at 21, first home at 24.

Can't agree that a six year old needs to be able to wander alone at all in order to learn to 'grow up'. Six year olds need adult supervision. If they didn't, no teachers would go out with them at recess, in a child-safe, fenced-in playground, even though they're only out there for 20 minutes. CPS feels the same. Jorelys Rivera's mother had several contacts with CPS because her (now dead) child was left to 'go out and explore' alone frequently. (A fact that did not go unnoticed by her child predator/killer.)

This case has shown what's very common. The child predator was someone known to the victim, and to the community. And that predator known in the community, once again, picked the one child who was allowed to 'go explore' the most often with the least supervision. Easiest pickings.

I'm glad my parents made sure I was supervised when I was six. It was their job, and they did it well.

I agree with everything you said. Sometimes I think our world lacks common sense, there is no balance anymore. Helicopter parent and you have a fearful child who can't cope and make decisions on their own. Hands off parenting can create a child who doesn't understand danger, consequences, or basic life skills. It's frustrating to watch, speaking of that. Have any of you watched the reality show, Extreme Guide to Parenting on Bravo? Very, very disturbing and 60 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

I agree with everything you said. Sometimes I think our world lacks common sense, there is no balance anymore. Helicopter parent and you have a fearful child who can't cope and make decisions on their own. Hands off parenting can create a child who doesn't understand danger, consequences, or basic life skills. It's frustrating to watch, speaking of that. Have any of you watched the reality show, Extreme Guide to Parenting on Bravo? Very, very disturbing and 60 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

I'm not even sure how the term 'helicopter parenting' even came up in relation to discussing this six year-old child. I don't think it's possible to helicopter parent a child who may not have front teeth, may not be able to tie their shoes, still believes in Santa, may not know their phone number, and can not be left home alone when you go out for a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme