Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #10 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This topic makes me so glad my kids are grown. I know they're never out of danger, none of us are . But I could not come to this forum ever if I had little ones. It's too scary. You always know there are creeps out there wanting kids but until you frequent a place like this, I don't think you can really grasp the magnitude. It's like parents are in an all out war on a tiny little float in a sea full of predators . :(

ETA and you can warn them about this and that person and not to do this or that and at the end of the day , the one that gets them , is the one you never knew you had to warn them about :(

I was just telling hubby this very thing awhile ago. I would never have let my kids out of my sight and would have gone to school with them had there been this site and internet back then. I'm so glad my kids are grown. Because of the young men who disappear while in college after going to a party, I wouldn't have even let my son go to college. He'd be 38, uneducated and still living at home with his mommy. LOL

Such a wonderful and sensitive question, mck16. Thank you.
I respect rules ~ For me to follow as well as others. I have told both of my children that there is never, ever anything they could possibly do to separate them from my love. I will die loving them, no matter what.

Financial support? Not sure what I could do if I thought they were guilty. If they got out and were guilty wouldn't that put society at risk and wouldn't that be nothing other than than a base and selfish act (trying to get them out of punishment)? :dunno: for sure. Except that I am certain I would still love them. (Lol, I'd probably think it was all my fault somehow, anyway. :iamashamed: )

I agree with you on that, but I don't think I would necessarily like them. I am not sure I could ever get it out of my mind or my thoughts. I am sure I would see that their rights were honored but not try really hard to have them back out on the streets. jmo

I would think it would take a very long time to accept that your son had done what was claimed. I can't imagine being able to accept it as fact, even with all the proof, for a very long time. Jmo.

I would be devastated if a child of mine did something like this. I would be asking myself every day what I did wrong as a parent and what I missed that should have told me this was coming. I would have been angry that a child of mine could do such a thing and I would continue to love them, but I would not try to get them out of the consequences for their actions.

Too many times when children are young, their parents interfere with the natural course of them having consequences for their actions, everyone else is wrong but their child. I know two personally who were like that and later in life, both their children spent serious time in prison because they missed that life's lesson.

I agree with you on that, but I don't think I would necessarily like them. I am not sure I could ever get it out of my mind or my thoughts. I am sure I would see that their rights were honored but not try really hard to have them back out on the streets. jmo

You are so right again, mck16. I would have also lost all respect for them. But even though that physical umbilical cord was cut over 40+ years ago the second, stronger cord of motherly love can never be severed by anything. Like them or not, the love still remains. moo.

I was just telling hubby this very thing awhile ago. I would never have let my kids out of my sight and would have gone to school with them had there been this site and internet back then. I'm so glad my kids are grown. Because of the young men who disappear while in college after going to a party, I wouldn't have even let my son go to college. He'd be 38, uneducated and still living at home with his mommy. LOL

I am struggling deeply with my son going to school. We homeschool, but realized school would benefit him specifically in many ways so he will go part time. I am a very reasonable and logical person, and do not tend to hover over him. However, there is a part of me that wants to clip a leash to my belt and know his every move. LOL! It's daunting. It's hard to keep prospective.

I am struggling deeply with my son going to school. We homeschool, but realized school would benefit him specifically in many ways so he will go part time. I am a very reasonable and logical person, and do not tend to hover over him. However, there is a part of me that wants to clip a leash to my belt and know his every move. LOL! It's daunting. It's hard to keep prospective.

It's hard. It's hard to know what is the right course for your child. Mine both went to public school. Homeschooling wasn't a big thing back then. I did feel safe letting them walk out the door every morning to go to school, to have friends, to be in organized sports after school.

When they were little, I was so involved in the community that my kids know a "safe" house on every block, other kids and/or parents they and I were involved with. I drew out their route to school and told them what house they were to run to if anyone tried to approach them, talk to them, try to get them to come with them. And I told all my friends I was doing it and to tell their kids to come to my house if there was a problem.

But when it's something like this, where the parents knew the perp well and felt close to him and felt he was a member of the family, I dunno. In this case it wasn't stranger danger, it was someone well known to that precious baby.

It's hard. It's hard to know what is the right course for your child. Mine both went to public school. Homeschooling wasn't a big thing back then. I did feel safe letting them walk out the door every morning to go to school, to have friends, to be in organized sports after school.

When they were little, I was so involved in the community that my kids know a "safe" house on every block, other kids and/or parents they and I were involved with. I drew out their route to school and told them what house they were to run to if anyone tried to approach them, talk to them, try to get them to come with them. And I told all my friends I was doing it and to tell their kids to come to my house if there was a problem.

But when it's something like this, where the parents knew the perp well and felt close to him and felt he was a member of the family, I dunno. In this case it wasn't stranger danger, it was someone well known to that precious baby.

The public schools around me are dismal. Hence homeschooling. He is old enough for me to work more, so private school it is.

When I was younger we had a block mom, I guess you could call it. It was the house everyone could go to, like you mentioned. The dad at one was arrested for abusing a daughter's friend, so the neighborhood did do away with that. We happened to move right after that and in that neighborhood a man tried to abduct me when I was 7 years old and walking home from school. In a neighborhood crime was essentially non-existent or just not reported.

I just have to try and not be colored by my experiences. We were pretty free range growing up and some bad stuff happened that adults never knew about. It's just scary and hard to know how much is too much or too little. And what's scarier is that it's more likely to be someone you don't think you have to protect yourself from. It's a hard world to navigate for our littles.

This case is so bizarre to me.
Everyone seems to be in shock and disbelief that it is him, except for the ONE person who said she told him to stay away from her daughter two years ago.
It sounded like he was upset when his GF broke up with him a year ago, I think that showed feelings. I hope this is allowed to post.
He said it bothered him about the dead dogs, again hope this is allowed. I think that showed feelings.
But he acted so normal, that we have seen, video with him in the car with his mom, going to the vigil.
But when LE wanted his DNA the first time he nutted up, but made that post after they left like it was oh well.
He could barely get out of bed when they went for the second DNA.
He told LE "it wasn't right," bawled and snotted while they were with him, but normaled up when they left him in the room alone.
What in the heck triggered him to do this and what the heck kind of a scary being is he?
I really hope they can get some answers in his evaluation.

OMGosh, such a good group of parents here. Really! But, lest we rest on our laurels, I have to remind you (and myself, too) that no matter how careful we are that there is always still a chance that anything could happen. Criminals can be intelligent, persistent and diligent. We are not in charge of everything (as hard as we try for all the safety reasons). So, I feel I really can't judge other parent's safety rules too harshly, fully knowing that they can't completely protect us from all dangers, anyway. They're probably tearing themselves up inside, in any case. Bless them!

Not even the most vigilant of parents can protect their child 24/7 but there are certainly things we can do the lessen the risks for those times that we can't be there. IMO if parents were charged for the neglect there would be fewer children continually put at risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Responding to the question of what we would do if our child had committed this, or another, crime. To what extent would we provide them legal representation, support, etc? This is a hypothetical answer -- my children have done things I haven't been particularly proud of, but have really only gone so far as minor stealing, so who knows how it would be in case like this? I would like to think that I would try to walk my son through his behavior and consequences as with any other situation -- certainly helping with legal aid if it could make a difference. But I think I would try as much as possible to help him atone for this crime -- to admit his guilt and take a plea bargain and provide what kind of comfort he could to Jenise's family. Avoiding a trial right now would be in everyone's best interest I think.

What would a mother do if she discovered one of her own children turned out to be the predatory monster of children that is every mother's worst fear for her child? For me personally, I honestly can't say. I think it would break you, deep down inside. And take a lot of time to process your thoughts & feelings.

Putting on my regular poster hat:

I agree, I know I would love mine now matter what. I would visit them in jail, send them mail and try to make their lives as good as possible. I would hire an attorney if I was able to keep them off death row but I couldn't help them get out of jail.

Unfortunately, I have felt the need to pay for one attorney already to defend my child. The charges of course were nowhere near this case but I have already been tested somewhat on this issue and that parenting feeling doesn't go away or diminish.

I think most of us would, at least eventually. If not, what meaning does "unconditional love" even have? MOO

o/t but just wanted to mentioned we also homeschooled for 10 years and that feeling of "letting go" was a tough one. But, they acclimated SO fast and did SO well, it made it a bit easier. :)

This topic makes me so glad my kids are grown. I know they're never out of danger, none of us are . But I could not come to this forum ever if I had little ones. It's too scary. You always know there are creeps out there wanting kids but until you frequent a place like this, I don't think you can really grasp the magnitude. It's like parents are in an all out war on a tiny little float in a sea full of predators . :(

ETA and you can warn them about this and that person and not to do this or that and at the end of the day , the one that gets them , is the one you never knew you had to warn them about :(

Sadly. You are right. It's the one you know. Or are at least familiar with.

I have followed this case from the start. Have I missed anything in the last 2 days. We were literally out of the Country for a Family Wedding.

I have followed this case from the start. Have I missed anything in the last 2 days. We were literally out of the Country for a Family Wedding.

Nothing definitive. Further speculation. Oh except the car fire in GG's mom's friend's driveway with JW-related markings on it. If you saw that, that was the last development. And no arrests so far on that.

Many moons ago I worked with young children in a school setting. We taught personal safety. I taught weekly lessons (30minutes) for 4 weeks. K-2nd. I played a game called What If. It was flash cards w/pics where the child would respond. It wasn't just 'stranger danger' but covered topics as good touches, bad touches, not keeping secrets, home alone, latchkey safety, etc. this was before personal computers and the internet.

Sounds like we need a Color Purple thread for all our babies :(
Yes it seems a popular color. I have my ribbon in a Shadow Box Victoria Stafford's Grandmother gave me at her Murder Trial.

Nothing definitive. Further speculation. Oh except the car fire in GG's mom's friend's driveway with JW-related markings on it. If you saw that, that was the last development. And no arrests so far on that.
Thanks so much. I was away yet my mind was here.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06