Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #10 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing that has been bothering me...when LE came to take GG to the police station why did his mother not go with him? In her eyes he was a minor. And also, there was no request for a lawyer, correct? I am wondering if his family knew he was involved in this crime (at that point) and he had agreed to go and confess. Is it unusual for the parents to not go with the suspect if they are a minor?

It's possible it was his choice not to have her there.

It's possible it was his choice not to have her there.

True, I must be projecting what I would have done onto this scenario. Or what is commonly done (?), I don't really know. Both answers above are good and worth considering. I was dwelling on this and had to ask.

Another thing that has been bothering me...when LE came to take GG to the police station why did his mother not go with him? In her eyes he was a minor. And also, there was no request for a lawyer, correct? I am wondering if his family knew he was involved in this crime (at that point) and he had agreed to go and confess. Is it unusual for the parents to not go with the suspect if they are a minor?

I haven't been bookmarking links but I'm certain I heard through news reports or media twitter accounts at the time that his mother was at work when he was arrested and the stepdad was trying to get ahold of her to let her know.

So I've been lurking here and wonder a couple of things. First, has the Medical Examiner released a time of death? I think that information will help determine where Jenise was at a certain point and narrow the timeline insofar as when she was last seen.

<modsnip>

All MOO.

I haven't been bookmarking links but I'm certain I heard through news reports or media twitter accounts at the time that his mother was at work when he was arrested and the stepdad was trying to get ahold of her to let her know.

I don't have a link handy but I also recall reading that his mother was not home when the officers returned to arrest him. Only his step-dad was there.

I'm pretty sure you are right. It may have even been in the probable cause document.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may have or meant to ask this already, but how long does a competency evaluation usually take? Would we know when it is complete and he's back in jail? tia

I'm pretty sure you are right. It may have even been in the probable cause document.

I thought it was too so I just read it again and it doesn't say who was there when they returned to arrest him, it just states the interaction officers had with GG.

I may have or meant to ask this already, but how long does a competency evaluation usually take? Would we know when it is complete and he's back in jail? tia

"Bail for Gabriel Zebediah Gaeta, an incoming senior at Olympic High School and neighbor of 6-year-old Jenise, was set at $1 million. He will be evaluated by experts at Western State Hospital near Tacoma before an Aug. 28 hearing, county Prosecutor Russ Hauge said."

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/local-news/teen-murder-suspect-to-be-tried-as-adult_29281406

Also, if the media doesn't cover it (and I suspect they will) you can always check here http://www.kitsapgov.com/sheriff/incustody/incustody.asp to see if he's been transfered back from Western, to the KC jail. As of 8:35 today it still has him flagged as being in a different facility.

And one of the things that gets me upset is that these teens who were made to feel like they were responsible for Jenise when she wasn't being watched by the parents are going to feel even more guilt than they already might have just for knowing or hanging with G.G.

This situation affects so many people. And even though some might be designated the victims by blood my mind and especially heart says it is some of these others that truly are victims and moreover the victims of not just GG's crimes.

Very well stated. People don't understand the ripple effect from events like these. The loss of innocence in that community must be profound. Survivor guilt is not just for those directly impacted. I would imagine that the friends of GG are wishing they had known of his propensity for violence in this manner. Just so selfish and tragic all the way around. GG did much more harm than I am certain he is aware of. JMO

"Bail for Gabriel Zebediah Gaeta, an incoming senior at Olympic High School and neighbor of 6-year-old Jenise, was set at $1 million. He will be evaluated by experts at Western State Hospital near Tacoma before an Aug. 28 hearing, county Prosecutor Russ Hauge said."

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/local-news/teen-murder-suspect-to-be-tried-as-adult_29281406

Also, if the media doesn't cover it (and I suspect they will) you can always check here http://www.kitsapgov.com/sheriff/incustody/incustody.asp to see if he's been transfered back from Western, to the KC jail. As of 8:35 today it still has him flagged as being in a different facility.

That's my birthday. I don't suppose that it would be well received if I started a petition asking them to move it?

Very well stated. People don't understand the ripple effect from events like these. The loss of innocence in that community must be profound. Survivor guilt is not just for those directly impacted. I would imagine that the friends of GG are wishing they had known of his propensity for violence in this manner. Just so selfish and tragic all the way around. GG did much more harm than I am certain he is aware of. JMO

I have no doubt GG's friends have already had those conversations that begin with "remember the time he said __________" or "remember the time he did ____________". I think it's a natural thing to look back and see if you can recall any hint of that kind of behavior when someone you know is revealed to be something/someone else.

I hope some our questions will be answered on the 28th of this month, or is this date to appoint a lawyer to GG? Is this a bond or preliminary hearing? TIA. Trying to figure out when more information will be forthcoming.

I hope some our questions will be answered on the 28th of this month, or is this date to appoint a lawyer to GG? Is this a bond or preliminary hearing? TIA. Trying to figure out when more information will be forthcoming.

I understood that 28th was time to report to judge about his ''fitness'' to understand the charges which have yet to be formally laid in court.

I understood that 28th was time to report to judge about his ''fitness'' to understand the charges which have yet to be formally laid in court.

Thank you! I had totally forgotten about that issue, probably because I believe he is competent to stand trial and also knows what he did was wrong.

You may be right borndem. Getting the BIA involved is probably the best thing the Wrights could do for their family.

I keep checking back hoping there will be news of more arrests but it doesn't like we are getting any news at all.

I unapproved the posts discussing the CPS case as I still do not have the go-ahead from Admin to discuss it. I'll mention it to Salem, she's been swamped.

This is interesting about sex offenders. It talks about how the crime is not spontaneous and that sex offending is a spiral.

http://www.portagepath.org/shlibbu/community/CommunityPwaysSummer05SexOffender.pdf
Reading that was really depressing. It basically says "Make your kids paranoid" by not interacting with strangers at all, and oh, watch out for anyone you know, too. Then it went on to say "show them how to ask for help". How do they ask for help if they aren't supposed to interact with strangers "at all", and don't know if they can trust the people you know? Kind of a catch-22 situation, there.

And as a side note, you should never send your child out with their address or SSN on a laminated card with them. That is just foolish. No one needs their SSN, and when they lose the card, the child's address is readily available if it is found(or was taken) by an offender. Contact numbers only. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member