Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped by me.

Remembering this area has the stream running through it. If you look at Streetview, there's a gate access from Highway 303 to the stream, and assuming a tunnel under the road along the stream to the back of the mobile home park.

It opens up a few more possibilities. That someone accessed unseen from the highway, that it was a water incident...

[bremertonpatriot.com - 8-7-14]

States that the body was found in a heavily wooded area NORTH of the mobile home park...

JMO...

Saying a prayer for Jenise's family, friends and neighbors. I can tell from the posts of those who knew her that she was well loved by all, especially those teenagers, who treated her as a beloved little sister. Their messages are simply heartbreaking.

She just said the police have id'd Jenise's body & that they were investigating two crime scenes, the home & the woods.

And...I don't usually believe NG...

I just cant put any trust in NG. She has put out so much wrong information for so long I have lost all trust in what she says.

I don't think the police know for sure that the home is the crime scene do they? At least they haven't said that it is yet that I have seen.

Of course they would search the two areas. The woods where her little body was found and the home where she lived.

Has it ever been confirmed that the neighbors really did see Jenise in the neighborhood?

Although at this time I would think anyone in the area are potential suspects unless LE knows for sure who murdered this precious child. I sure hope the killer was stupid enough to leave DNA on her body that will lead directly back to him.

IMO

I wonder who the neighbor, or one of them, that said she was seen between 12 and 4 and who gave the description of what she might have been wearing?

however, if mom knew that her husband had a thing for abusing young girls, then she should have never allowed him to live with her kids, imo.

^^^^^ that, that, that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I might not know exactly how tall my 6 or 10 year old is. If she comes up to my shoulder, you can bet that I am getting a ruler and guessing to the best of my ability.
If my child was missing I would not be haphazardly choosing numbers that more closely match a child half the age of the one missing.
It's a pet peeve. My daughter was only 13 inches at birth (14 weeks early) by her 2 year check up she was almost 34 inches.
I don't know Jenise's date of birth, but I am going to guess she is probably closer to 7. I base this on her dentition in the pictures I have seen.
I will look for a date of birth.

11/07/2007 6 yrs 9 mos
http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1236032/1

All posts are MOO

bbm

Same here, snap -- When I saw her central incisors (the upper "two front teeth"), I immediately thought she was an "older" 6-year old -- as you said, closer to seven. Thanks for the add'l. info!

This is not looking good...

Maybe she was not there 2 days ago? Or maybe they knew from a search or a statement early on that she was deceased? Remember in the presser 2 days or yesterday , he said ' recovery' and I wondered if it was a slip ? Also, frustrated that they told the public they were not allowed to help search when surely if more people had been searching someone would have seen her 3 or 4 days ago . This also leads me to believe they knew from the get go she was deceased and did not want to risk some public do gooder finding her and accidentally destroying valuable evidence.
Hate writing deceased and evidence so many times in her thread :(

I don't know but I tend to agree with Bernina. In so many cases extensive searches are held and the body isn't found. Later on it is found and it will be close in proximity to where the victim went missing or lived. I believe that more bodies are found by happenstances by those not even looking for the body than by searchers who search for them. How they are missed I have no clue.

I imagine the autopsy will show she died sometime on Sunday or maybe even Saturday night. When pedophiles kidnap, rape, and murder little children like this the victim is usually murdered within 1.5 to 3 hours of being taken. Most are not like Jessica Lunsford who had to live through three days of torturous hell before Couey killed her.

IMO

I just cant put any trust in NG. She has put out so much wrong information for so long I have lost all trust in what she says.

I don't think the police know for sure that the home is the crime scene do they? At least they haven't said that it is yet that I have seen.

Of course they would search the two areas. The woods where her little body was found and the home where she lived.

Has it ever been confirmed that the neighbors really did see Jenise in the neighborhood?

Although at this time I would think anyone in the area are potential suspects unless LE knows for sure who murdered this precious child. I sure hope the killer was stupid enough to leave DNA on her body that will lead directly back to him.

IMO

I can't either. Anyone seeing the pictures of the home searched and obviously there is a crime scene where Jenise was found could make the statement that NG did only it needs to be official to believe it. NG isn't an official...well maybe an official....nvmd I'm pretty sure the perp was stupid enough to leave something...

Have No, I read North East of the mobile home earlier was where she was found.

Right now the parenting style/choices/ decisions are here nor there. It's done and I'm sure her mother is second guessing and guilting herself into oblivion and does not need any help with that. I also think you can wrap your child in a steel fortress and if a sicko wants at them badly enough , they will come in with a tank and take your baby. So , while we clearly don't all agree with the free range or wandering ways ( which could be exaggerated by the neighbors for all we know) at this exact moment in time a woman has lost her baby . She will never forgive herself if her actions or inactions led to this. I'm going to judge not .

Thanks, SCHMAE.

Is there anyone who can explain why these cases always seem to happen in trailer parks or apartment complexes? Or am I the only one who sees it that way? What is going on? :(

I was just posting on CNN regarding an article about how parenting was so different in the 60's through early 80's and I posted how low income kids tend to still play outside all day like I did as a child in the 70's, unlike middle and upper income kids who have play dates and scheduled activities instead of outside free play. So, I think that's why some of these cases tend to happen more often in those areas, in general, especially when they involve non-family predators.

But that is not to say that mobile home parks and apartment complexes are more dangerous than other areas, really. It remains true that stranger abductions of children are quite rare everywhere and murders of this type when not committed by family, are too:
Stranger Danger Fears

Only a tiny minority of kidnapped children are taken by strangers. Between 1990 and 1995 the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children handled only 515 stranger abductions, 3.1 percent of its caseload. A 2000 report by the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Programs reported that more than 3/4 of kidnappings were committed by family members or acquaintances of the child. The study also found that children abducted by strangers were harmed less frequently than those taken by acquaintances.
In fact, children are in far more danger of being abused, kidnapped or killed by their parents than any stranger on the street. “In national surveys conducted in recent years 3 out of 4 parents say they fear that their child will be kidnapped by a stranger. They harbor this anxiety, no doubt, because they keep hearing frightening statistics and stories about perverts snatching children off the street. What the public doesn’t hear often or clearly enough is that the majority of missing children are runaways fleeing from physically or emotionally abusive parents.”

Child abductions are a real threat, but the risk should be kept in perspective to avoid unnecessarily alarming parents and children. In his book Protecting the Gift, child-safety expert Gavin De Becker pointed out that compared to a stranger kidnapping, “ child is vastly more likely to have a heart attack, and child heart attacks are so rare that most parents (correctly) never even consider the risk.” http://news.discovery.com/human/psychology/stranger-child-abductions-actually-very-rare-130514.htm
Abductions in perspective:

Number of children age 2 – 14 killed in car accidents, as passengers
: 1300
Number of children killed each year by family members and acquaintances: About 1000
Number of children abducted in “stereotypical kidnappings” (kidnapped by a stranger for ransom or for sexual purposes and/or transported away) in 1999, the most recent year for which we have statistics: 115.
Number of those children killed by their abductor: About 50.

Murders of children by abductors constitute less than one half of 1% of all murders in America.

Stranger Danger?

Of all children under age 5 murdered from 1976-2005 –

31% were killed by fathers
29% were killed by mothers
23% were killed by male acquaintances
7% were killed by other relatives
3% were killed by strangers

http://www.freerangekids.com/crime-statistics/

Risks from accidental deaths due to car accidents or other accidents while playing, swimming, or whatever, are something much more to worry about as they are the leading cause of death in children of all ages, followed by congenital anomalies and cancer: http://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars/leadingcauses.html

It's just that the horror of something like this happening to one's own child, even if the risk is remote, is so much greater than the horror of, for example, a car accident death. So we all panic.

Of course, kids being killed by their own family members remains a high cause of death. Time will tell in this case, probably quickly.

What a doll of a kid, Jenise. Despite being on websleuths for years and reading about these case for longer, it's hard to comprehend that she's gone and that someone purposefully hurt such an angel baby.

In anticipation of the next press conference, I prepared some phrases and terms and the appoximate amount of times they will be said during the update.

"I can't comment due to this being an ongoing investigation"-- 12 times

"I don't know"---- 25 times

"We are gathering evidence right now, we will know that later" -- 16 times

"I can't comment on that right now"---12 times

"The crime lab is running test --we will have that information later"--18 times

Last question: "If you won't tell us anything, why the press conference ?" Answer: "I don't know"

Her body was found in the woods directly across from the trailer park.

After following so many "missing" cases, from Caylee A. on.........you'd think these search and rescue groups, agencies, etc., would re-evaluate their methods. How many individuals were found within a mile, if not 1/4 mile from where they were last seen?
Mike Herdman was the most recent case I followed, there was HOME LAND SECURITY involved in that search, and almost 2 weeks later, Mike is found in an area close to his campsite that was deemed unsearchable by the initial searchers.
Caylee was in an area that had flooded, Equisearch just looked at what was unflooded. Caylee was found just down the street from her grandparent's home.

Seriously...........If LE is initially looking into a case that doesn't involve "stranger abduction" or "endangered", why aren't they concentrating on grid searches and human chains to go over every nook and cranny? I don't get this 4 days, 10 days, 45 days later they go back and do a "thorough search".

Just rambling...been reading the threads since Jenise disappeared and still :banghead:

I agree with you, it's so frustrating when someone is later found in an area that has already been "searched". However I will say this - I volunteered on a search a few years ago for a missing autistic boy. We were searching a heavily wooded area. It was incredibly difficult - much more so than I anticipated. There were certainly areas where you would not have found anything that you didn't actually step on. There were also areas where you couldn't even see ravines, for example, because the brush was so heavy. Also, the logistics of the search were more complex than I anticipated. I know there are SAR people in this forum, maybe they can chime in. I only have the one experience, so this is all just my 2 cents. But I tend to think the correct use of search dogs is essential - I just think a good dog with a good handler is often more effective with any human, even with the best intentions.

I don't even want to mention this now.....but maybe a mile toward Walmart past where I saw LE cars on 303....I saw what I think of as a homeless man....maybe redish T-shirt...with black backpack looking towards wood on side of 303....

My son is a first responder and has been on several searches in wooded areas. [ He was scheduled to go look for Mike H, but he was found just before.]

He says that it does not surprise him when child, especially, is not found early on in a search. Says he always feels like 'he is missing something' when he walks slowly through his grid area. So many places that can be hiding what u are seeking. Brush, brambles, crevices, foliage, sometimes so thick that u cannot see anything through it. If someone drops something from above, it can be deeply camoflauged, and if there is no smell, it might not be seen. He thinks that is why many bodies are not found until the 3rd or 4th day, the smell clues the searchers in. :cry:

In anticipation of the next press conference, I prepared some phrases and terms and the appoximate amount of times they will be said during the update.

"I can't comment due to this being an ongoing investigation"-- 12 times

"I don't know"---- 25 times

"We are gathering evidence right now, we will know that later" -- 16 times

"I can't comment on that right now"---12 times

"The crime lab is running test --we will have that information later"--18 times

Last question: "If you won't tell us anything, why the press conference ?" Answer: "I don't know"

I think you nailed it! Best thing I have read today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member