Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though he couldn't comment when asked about how long her body had been there, it sounds like they are assuming it has been there since Saturday or Sunday if they are asking about people who were muddy over the weekend. So it doesn't sound like they think she was held alive somewhere for any length of time after she disappeared, if I am reading between the lines correctly?

I think so too. Another possibility is that they have evidence of premeditation? Maybe the person went out to scout a dumping location on Saturday?

Eta- no I take back the premeditated thing. It doesn't make sense.

I think there's a very good chance the evidence will produce DNA. From the little we've learned so far, I don't get the feeling that this perp took a lot of pains to cover his/her tracks. JMO
I agree..! didn't you hear the "dna" slip? And then he backtracked.

A perp covered with mud would have had at least 24 hrs. to clean up. Maybe longer.....

Maybe just me, but I half-expected him to issue a warning to the residents of the park to watch their kids and do not let them roam at will because a killer is still out there and take precautions like locking your doors to prevent another child being killed. Guess he figures they're smart enough to figure that out themselves - killer still on the loose, but hopefully not for long.

With all due respect, I did not state any law in regards to this. I simply felt it was pertinent information. If others feel it is irrelevant then that's fine. I see boundary issues in this situation because of my own abuse as a child. I feel strongly that whenever a sexually mature child bunks with opposite sex sibling that there is a potential for abuse or boundary issues to be crossed.

I have seen abuse occur because of such an arrangement and have seen children taken by CPS for this reason. I also experienced having "no boundaries" or personal space as a child which led to sexual molestation from *various* family members. It runs in families. Abusers are sometimes raised in such an environment where this living arrangement is "normal."

I'm sorry if someone felt I was citing a case law. I wasn't. I was pointing out that the child did not sleep alone in a bedroom and my feeling about opposite gender bunking after puberty. I'm sorry to have ruffled feathers, this is something I feel very strongly about for obvious reasons.

Agree to disagree.

Oh, I agree with you 100%! (I'm so sorry that happened to you.) I'm not a fan of the sleeping arrangement mentioned in this case.

I also didn't think you (or anyone) was citing case law. I've just seen this discussion come up in the past, researched it myself, and have never been able to find the case law (some) people cite (on other boards/forums) as being 'on the books'. The only thing I've ever seen cited is HUD rules, CPS Case/Foster Care rules, apartment renting rules. And it's common for people to think it's state law, misinterpret because of what they've heard second hand from friends, CPS workers, apartment managers.

I wasn't being snarky :) , I genuinely would be shocked to find it a state law, and would love to see the link if someone finds it.

CPS should intervene in the cases you mention where abuse is occurring.

My feathers aren't ruffled. And you very understandably have every right to feel so strongly on the subject. :hug:

A perp covered with mud would have had at least 24 hrs. to clean up. Maybe longer.....

True, but someone could have noticed the mud before the clean up. Or, the perp might have forgotten to fully clean shoes.

If you're right about that, it also sound like that person isn't smart enough to know that dead bodies really start to smell BAD.

I think she could have been buried. It still is something I am considering.

I feel it's a can't see the forest for the trees thing. We all agree child abuse should not be tolerated. If Jenice's family where to read here pages and pages of people disgusted by parents imagine how they would feel. It's insult to injury.

I understand deep convictions, but there are a wide range of other options we haven't talked about.

Respectfully BBM:

I don't believe that stating facts surrounding the case is 'bashing' the parents. Pointing out behaviors that may have contributed to the vulnerability of the child, and the difficulty in ascertaining when exactly the child was abducted is not, IMO, bashing.

I believe if someone is actually bashing the parents, mods are alerted and the post is removed.

Are we allowed to discuss that dad had a prior for molestation of an 8 year old girl?

This type of illness is not something that just goes away. Dad clearly has a propensity for sexual abuse of little girls, and its not too great of a stretch that if he's attracted to an 8 year old he would have a sexual apatite for a 6 year old
. Perhaps he tried to set boundaries that he would never abuse one of his own children. He crossed his own red line and needed to dispose of the shame.

I don't like the parents statement to the media that "she wasn't afraid to talk to anyone". This is creating an excuse that takes the pressure off of mom and dad and places it on an unknown stranger that this little girl may or may have not approached. By making such a statement mom and dad are even more suspicious in my opinion.

This is exactly what I think! I'm not letting dad off the hook yet. I think he's not cleared as a suspect, and in my book he is #1 before they start looking at older brothers and teenagers in the neighborhood.

With all due respect, this is not what I said. I said it may be *may be* pertinent - or not - as the case may be. I simply felt it was worth pointing out; for several reasons; child does not sleep alone and that ALL the children are said to have slept in ONE room together - despite age / gender difference. To ME and maybe me alone - this screams boundary issues. I came from an abuse situation so this is how I see it and have said so. If you disagree, that's fine. If this is appropriate to everyone else on the planet, that's fine. But for ME it says something.

I'm using your post as a jumping point, although many have disagreed with me on this point. I agree to disagree, but please recall that I did not say this was the sole reason the children were taken out of the home. I said it might pertain to it and stand by that.
People are poor all over the world and the sharing of sleeping quarters is the way it goes.

And all over the world, the sexual abuse of children is an issue.

This is not a good situation no matter where you live.

There are other places in the world where sexual abuse of children is only starting to be discussed

I agree. Reminds me of the Jessica Ridgeway investigation... The DNA swabs are how they caught Austin Sigg in the end.

In a way it reminds me a little of Sierra Lamar's case when her dad also had a record for molestation, iirc, yet he had absolutely nothing to do with the disappearance of his precious daughter who had actually been kidnapped and murdered by Torres.:(

I think there's a very good chance the evidence will produce DNA. From the little we've learned so far, I don't get the feeling that this perp took a lot of pains to cover his/her tracks. JMO

Totally agree right here. IMO, they probably did get DNA but aren't letting on so as to not prevent getting DNA from potential suspects/those not cleared.

I also think they probably aren't releasing all the details, which my H (LE) says is a typical thing for them to do so they can see who may know more than they're letting on.

IE "we need tips from the public"... I think they have an idea of who it could be. They want to get their guard down. Get DNA. Match it. Bam, solved. IMO of course. I hope they find whoever hurt this poor sweet little angel. Horrible. :(

At a Friday morning briefing on the status of the investigation, Scott Wilson of the Kitsap County Sheriff's Office said that the area near where the Jenise Wright's body was found is muddy and near a ravine.

"The person who may be responsible for death of (Jenise) may have had mud on them - muddy pants or maybe a muddy shirt," he said. "If you saw someone covered in mud - or who disposed of a favorite piece of clothing, we want to know ..."

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Criminal-probe-now-the-focus-in-young-girls-death-270471091.html

I feel it's a can't see the forest for the trees thing. We all agree child abuse should not be tolerated. If Jenice's family where to read here pages and pages of people disgusted by parents imagine how they would feel. It's insult to injury.

I understand deep convictions, but there are a wide range of other options we haven't talked about.

It may nit be material in this case.

But what about the actual girls who had the sexual advances?

I bet they will never forget and have to deal with all of their lives

That would explain LE thinking the perpetrator would have a lot of mud on them.

eta: oops, was answering ScarlettScarpetta's post.
"I think she could have been buried. It still is something I am considering."

And I would think tire tracks along that dirt road, possibly - if a vehicle was used.

Poor baby :( Just heartbreaking. This is the 4th case like this in the last year or 2. So very sad.

Salem

I wonder if the absence of tire tracks is what leads LE to say the person would have had lots of mud on them.

I read up-page about bloodhounds in the park today. Was that brought up at the briefing? Any news about that?

I have to wonder if the presence in the park is not to protect residents but to watch them. I have never seen the police protect a community from the press. So I have to believe there is more to it than that. I think they believe their killer is right there in that area.

I agree. I think it will be similar to Ryan Brunn (Jorelys Rivera) in that he only thought it through so far, and in the end was so sloppy he might as well have signed his name on her body with magic marker.

RB also was 'helpful' in the search. I think we may see the same thing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadeeire