Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #3 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they follow mormon doctrine (has dad always been mormon, is this fairly new? I'm thinking about his previous criminal charge-- it seems he was drunk when that happened..), then the family would not consume alcohol or drugs. I have seen some posters question whether the family is "pot heads" or were partying all night on Saturday. If they are committed to the Mormon faith then I would rule out drinking and drugs. I guess it is possible that they are mormon but do not follow 'the rules', but I have never met a mormon who drinks alcohol or does drugs.

Claiming a certain religion does not in itself mean someone walks the walk. I know people who just live like they like during the week and repent sunday morning and go right back to it.

So I don't think religion plays into this at all. Not at this point.

It was in all the MSM articles in the beginning of the case, that it wasn't until she didn't show up around 8:30 Sunday night, that they began to look for her. 911 call was placed around 10pm.

That still hits me so hard. I can not imagine not seeing my child for 30 mins outside let alone 24 hours?!
Who does not go looking for their child when waking and not finding them in the house. I have a grown child, who is married and I talk to her everyday. If I did not talk to her in 24 hours I would be frantic. This child was 6. 6.

RE: Free range....... It's looking more and more like little Jenise was taken from her home on saturday night. Agreed?

This is really the only part of your rant I don't agree with right now. Only because he parents said she was in bed Saturday night, and because so far I haven't seen anything in the MSM to indicate LE suspect that. Of course, that may be exactly what happened. Time will tell.

Warning rant ahead.
I've been biting my tongue on many issues and I cannot any more , so scroll on by if you feel tender this morning.

(Snipped for brevity)

:loveyou: :clap:

Amazing post, Schmae!! You are much more articulate than I.. thank you for saying everything I feel so pointedly!

RE: Free range....... It's looking more and more like little Jenise was taken from her home on saturday night. Agreed? If that's the case then negligent/free range/ wandering etc. is off the table.

Not wanting to argue but ..... if you wake up one morning and your 6 year old isn't in her bed, and isn't within the home, but you don't make any effort whatsoever to locate her at that point, I'd say that negligence is still on the table.

At the moment, I'm comfortable with "not seen since Saturday night", but I'm not yet convinced she was taken from her home. Time will tell though.

And in that case, I'd like to remind everyone that the parents had a very odd lifestyle and it made them the target and ' presumed' perps very early on and as it turned out, the parents had nothing to do with the baby's death. I was even like " wth, this cannot be coincidence'' and I was wrong . I was wrong and ashamed of myself for putting a biased glare at the parents because of how I perceived their choices. Food for thought !

The parents DO have responsibility in this murder whether directly or indirectly. As parents we are responsible for our children until they are 18 years old. We are responsible for food, shelter, clothing, their safety, education etc. etc.

The parents DO have responsibility in this murder whether directly or indirectly. As parents we are responsible for our children until they are 18 years old. We are responsible for food, shelter, clothing, their safety, education etc. etc.

Agreed :) But they did not commit the crime, which is initially what I leaned towards because of my biased opinions about them.

Whether they follow Mormonism to the letter or not, I agree that I do not think religion is relevant to the crime. I just resent some of the assumptions posters have made in previous threads about the lifestyle of the family. In reality, we don't know much about much regarding the family's values. :)

BBM. That's why I mentioned church attendance. Just to get a better picture of Jenise's home life.

Warning rant ahead.
I've been biting my tongue on many issues and I cannot any more , so scroll on by if you feel tender this morning.

RE: Dad's interview. I normally do not watch videos on any cases because they tend to bias us so much. He looks this way or that or said this or that. Yesterday I saw dad's interview on accident, while looking for the neighbor's interview. I don't really think he looked or sounded any particular way. I saw him suppressing a tear at one point that seemed genuine to me and like a man would do, he quickly took it back the best he could. Here's the thing while we sit and judge that I'd like to know. How many of us on WS have ever been interviewed by MSM while our child was missing? For any of you who have, I am horribly sorry but I would bet the vast majority, nearly 100% of us, have not. Do you know what you would say or do or think if you were in that position? I personally don't know that I could muster the ANYTHING to do such an interview in that condition . I personally have gad and ocd and and think, every time we ( the ws community ) are judging how a parent SEEMS on camera, that I would really give you something to talk about if I was on camera. I'm awkward! I'm flat affect ! I'm a kooky basketcase in good times...much less in times of duress . Mom's not been on camera and that's been talked about too. If I were in her shoes, I'd be so sedated I'd need to be in a hospital . The cameras are the last thing I 'd want to hear, know, think about . And yes, you will say' she should plea for her child's return'. YES ! That's a wonderful theory. Can anyone name the last time a perp saw a parent plea for their child's return and that perp was so moved by mom and dad's tears, he just drove the child to the police department and gave that child back and said " wow I didn't know how bad the parents missed the kid '' ? Anyone ? SO yes it's a beautiful theory but pleading for the child's safe return does not get them returned. I am not suggesting parents should not make those pleas but seeing how they don't really net any results, I don't know why it matters.
So, for all of us who have not been in their shoes and want to judge how they should act, how should they act?
What says '' this is a real true grieving , terrified parent'' ?

RE: Dad's record! Ohhh, this mess . Yes , he has a record. The details are not super clear but there is a picture that is not pleasant. We on WS have a hyper alert and hyper vigilant thought process on all things RSO. Agreed? We are ' in the know' about so many more cases than the average person who does not breath this sorrow all day. Many of us believe that SO's cannot be rehabilitated. I am one. I have no doubt whatsoever that it is not a condition that can be recovered from. But apparently the government in ALL 50 STATES disagrees with me and with most of the WSers right? Because they still get 1 , 2 ,3 chances, probabtion, plea downs, classes and turned back in to society, correct? So if you knew nothing about RSO's and never really had much contact or experience or knowledge of how they operate and you were told by the ' government' which makes the laws in your state that the just punishment for the crime is probation or 1 yr or some classes and they're free to go, how would you know to second guess that? How would you know that lawmakers protect the pervs and not the victims? How would you , as a parent know , that a child might still be in danger after the government has said they are safe? That's basically what the govt. says right? They turn someone loose after they ' serve their time' ( a term that means paid their debt to society ) and most people are still leery but some may say , they will learn from this and not do it again.

RE: Free range....... It's looking more and more like little Jenise was taken from her home on saturday night. Agreed? If that's the case then negligent/free range/ wandering etc. is off the table. If she were picked up by a perp 5 miles away on a highway , then I get that. But if she's taken from her bed, that could have been ANY child , free ranging or not. So , I implore you , think about that. We believe neighbors who say she was ' always running around barefoot and hungry'' and we discount their other children saying ' they're great parents''. Why did we decide to believe one group and not the other? What if LE only believed one group and not the other and were WRONG ? There just doesn't seem to be a lot of balance.

Recap. I am not saying Dad is strange or not strange in his video .
I am not saying mobile home dwellers are trashy or not.
I am not saying Dad's a perv or not.
I am not saying they were negligent parents or not.
I am saying all of those things may not be as they appear.

Bring it ! :)

I do know what it is like to be interviewed by 911 and police when your child is missing, even for a short while. And while some may react differently than others, But this guy is still joking that if she is at your house please send her home.. Like it is no big deal. Im sorry that is odd. Really odd. Does he mean he did anything to her? No but I am sorry it does say something about him. Don't ask me what yet. He may just be a disconnected kind of dude.. But still it feels like he does not care.

This is not free range here. This is not anywhere near free range. She has been running around like this since about 3. It is neglect. IMO. I don't see any other way to look at it.

AS for his record, It plays into this in a big way. The possibilities are there. And it just can not be ignored.

I don't have an opinion at this point who did this, But I am sorry, I do have a lot of anger toward these parents.

Going to take a break from this today and spend some quality time with my family at the lake. Here's to hoping they make an ARREST today and the wheels of justice for that poor baby girl will begin to turn rapidly.

If this little girl slipped out unnoticed or in the dead of the night, then I don't see how the parents could be to blame.

The only thing they can be faulted for is waiting too long to report her missing.

I would imagine that anybody who has been brought up on the kind of charges her Dad has, is going to be very reluctant to call the cops about ANYTHING.

There are a lot of people out there who have had run-ins with the law over the years, and don't want a cop anywhere near them.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that this father waited as long as possible before finally conceding and agreeing to call in the law.

I don't think this can be said. Not yet anyway. If she was taken from her bed, Then the only one responsible is the criminal.

Sometimes people are crappy but it just is not important to the crime at hand. It just is a parallel issue.

Agreed :) But they did not commit the crime, which is initially what I leaned towards because of my biased opinions about them.
Wait -- how do we know they didn't commit the crime? Isn't that still up in the air? Or did I miss something big (quite possible [emoji57])?

Hopefully, we will find out soon who committed this horrendous crime against a little innocent six year old child.

If this little girl slipped out unnoticed or in the dead of the night, then I don't see how the parents could be to blame.

Snipped by me. What if she was snatched in the night but was still alive at 8, 9, 10 a.m. and could have been found if a search had taken place?

Warning rant ahead.

snipped

Recap. I am not saying Dad is strange or not strange in his video .
I am not saying mobile home dwellers are trashy or not.
I am not saying Dad's a perv or not.
I am not saying they were negligent parents or not.
I am saying all of those things may not be as they appear.

Bring it ! :)

Not bad rant as rants go.

Just a bit: If I had to describe an ideal community...it would be tribal. I think humans are tribal by nature, and in our history we have created extended families....tribal societies. They still exist around the world. But, in these times, in this county it is a very dangerous way to parent. Were these parents warned about their cavalier parenting style? Maybe.

In spite of father's past, there is a chance he had nothing to do with this crime. I suspect once the murder is identified and it's not the family, local people will become much more compassionate toward family.

Right now, I think most are still in shock.

I think J was physically health and normal for her age. I don't think there is a problem with drugs or hoarding in the home, etc.

Maybe. I know a few mormon families and I like them way way way WAY better than the pentecostal family I call ' family ''. I have known more than one really huge ' men of God' in the pente side that actually were child molestors. So if you're going to break the faith, I'd far rather it be a pot smoking mormon ;)

Pedophiles come in all shapes, sizes and religions. Let's not associate religion with pedophiles.. Please.. That is just a bad road to travel down.. IMO..
All kinds of people live all kinds of horrible lives m-sat. That is only a reflection on them. Not the religion they practice.. IMO

I don't think this can be said. Not yet anyway. If she was taken from her bed, Then the only one responsible is the criminal.

Sometimes people are crappy but it just is not important to the crime at hand. It just is a parallel issue.

Parents are responsible for a child's safety period.

Giving the benefit of the doubt but we don't know that for sure at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time