Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding removing the other children, it could be simply a precaution because it wasn't known if Jenise was stolen (or sneaked out) from the bedroom. Without assurance that the bedroom was indeed secure, they removed the children. That's been my assumption. The father's past might have something to do with it as well. I think LE was playing it cautious because there were so many unresolved questions, and I think they were absolutely right in doing so.

I'm assuming if another culprit is apprehended for the crime, the children will be returned.

That is my assumption too. I'm also thinking that it may have been voluntary (As in, we will give you the choice to do this, or we will open an official case).

Regarding removing the other children, it could be simply a precaution because it wasn't known if Jenise was stolen (or sneaked out) from the bedroom. Without assurance that the bedroom was indeed secure, they removed the children. That's been my assumption. The father's past might have something to do with it as well. I think LE was playing it cautious because there were so many unresolved questions, and I think they were absolutely right in doing so.

I'm assuming if another culprit is apprehended for the crime, the children will be returned.

I cannot find the link (it was posted previously) but LE stated the two minors were removed due to concerns unrelated to the disappearance but of previous concerns/report. I will keep looking for the link.

I have 2 questions since I had to skip out just before the last presser yesterday. What was the time Jenise was found? What was the time of the Presser? TIA.

If the other two kids were asleep with J in the same room Saturday night, I don't see how she could have been snatched from her bed, or even coaxed out if she knew the attacker, how would they get her attention to wake up without disturbing the other kids. I have heard that they had bunk beds I think If I'm remembering correctly. Would be interesting to know the layout of the beds, if her bed was closest to a window if she slept on the top or bottom bunk.

I don't think she was pulled from her bedroom during the night. (I question if she ever came home Saturday night.) However, nobody knows and certainly nobody knew from the outset. So, if that was a question and if the room was indeed insecure, that could be a reason to remove the children from the beginning.

Not sure that has been disclosed. If it was it was one of the few I missed.

Did someone mention very early on that Dad is retired? I thought a poster here might have mentioned that, no idea if that is correct. Mom has some work info listed on her FB.

Re bedrooms: I don't know anything about Jenise's parents' finances or the area they live in. Where I live, there is a lot of poverty. Many children, even of opposite sex, share bedrooms because their parents cannot afford a larger home. CPS would not remove a child for that reason-- as poverty and small living quarters are the norm. Now if there was a history of sexual misconduct between the siblings or something, I'm sure it would be an issue. In Jenise's case, I think it is irrelevant.

I have 2 questions since I had to skip out just before the last presser yesterday. What was the time Jenise was found? What was the time of the Presser? TIA.

She was found around 11:30am by specialty dogs.

You're not the only one! I think that case in particular is why I'm so much more convinced this time around the parents had nothing to do with this.

They had everything to do with this. Even if it turns out that the parents didn't physically murder her, they didn't see their SIX YEAR OLD for 24 hours before saying, "Gee! I wonder where she is!?"

That is unacceptable in any community.

I wonder if one were to ask all the children of the park who the 'creepy' neighbor is, you know, the one you steer clear of.... if they would all have the same answer....and I wonder if their parents would have the same answer.
Kids sometimes have a knack for pinpointing the odd duck, kwim? In spite of what adults think....

Yes, this is true--but sometimes it's the neighbor who is the most fun--the one who all the kids hang with. JMO

I cannot find the link (it was posted previously) but LE stated the two minors were removed due to concerns unrelated to the disappearance but of previous concerns/report. I will keep looking for the link.

Ah yes, I do remember that now. Very vague, but perhaps hints at the father's past. With so many questions and concerns, I think they were right. (And I am hoping it was unnecessary caution and the family can be reunited....presuming the father is innocent.)

They had everything to do with this. Even if it turns out that the parents didn't physically murder her, they didn't see their SIX YEAR OLD for 24 hours before saying, "Gee! I wonder where she is!?"

That is unacceptable in any community.

No disagreeing with you about that. But I don't think they murdered her or know who did murder her.

posted by SCHMAE:

We believe neighbors who say she was ' always running around barefoot and hungry'' and we discount their other children saying ' they're great parents''.

I'm going to tend to believe the other parents. Perhaps the other children say they are "great parents" because they were allowed to do as they (the children) wished. I know my kids thought I was a "mean" mom because I wouldn't let them roam the neighborhood and play in drainage ditches like "all the other kids" were allowed to do.

Mel

Personally, I don't think anyone in the immediate family (Mum, Dad) did this.

1. The Dad wasn't very complimentary about his daughter when interviewed, calling her "a spoiled brat". My thought is that if he had done something nefarious, he would have talked about how wonderful Jenise was, deliberately going overboard and trying to look upset she was missing, to deflect suspicion from himself, which he didn't.

2. I was looking through the Mum's facebook (I know I can't quote things here). Looking back over previous months, she seems like a really good Mum from what she says. Ok, people can misrepresent themselves on facebook. But talking of things like home-cooked meals etc that she mentions she has been doing that evening. Things like that.

JMO :)

Edited to add: I personally wouldn't parent in such a laidback way if I had children. But I spent last summer in Ghana, Africa. Kids just wander round the village, other people look out for them. That is the norm. It made sense to be when I was there - it just worked. I'm not saying that was the case here. Just that we may be guilty of imposed etics if we try and shove our own cultural norms on to another subculture. Maybe Jenise's parents were neglectful. Maybe they just parented in a different way. I'm not sure, but keeping an open mind.

I've heard two variations on why they were removed. I do not know if it's one or the other or both. One is, like you said, previous reports with the family. Then later, it was said due to ' conditions in the home'. But it does seem that there is at least previous dealings with CPS.

I don't think she was pulled from her bedroom during the night. (I question if she ever came home Saturday night.) However, nobody knows and certainly nobody knew from the outset. So, if that was a question and if the room was indeed insecure, that could be a reason to remove the children from the beginning.

BBM WOW! Something to think about. Say a sibling or babysitter was watching her and lost track of time or she did not come back saturday night and that young person lied to cover their own butt and said ' yes she was home, i put her to bed at 10' ..... :( That would be super sad for that young person if so. ** speculative**

I don't believe she went to bed Saturday night, but other posters had thought of the possibility of her being snatched from her bed, I don't really think that is possible, especially not if she was sharing a room with 2 siblings.

The sexual abuser in some neighborhoods do not appear to be such always.....in one instance in my neck of the woods, a very elderly man whom NOBODY would ever suspect.....and no I never told anyone as the attention was quickly taken care of by me.....scared me to death but I was afraid to admit it to anyone....so I don't know if he ever advanced on other kids or not....this was in the 50's when this type thing was almost unheard of in a tiny town.

Sadly, IMO, it was only unheard of back then because people didn't talk about it. I've heard too many stories like yours for that not to be the case. Also, sadly, I'm sure you were not his first.

I just saw on the news a few weeks ago that a former mayor of a neighboring town was arrested for molesting a neighbor boy. I was horrified to see that I sort of knew him. His elderly parents used to live across the street from us when I was in high school (he's about 20 years older than me). He had a denture lab in his parents' garage. I ended up working as a dental assistant in the same town and he was our 'denture guy'. Seemed very nice, if not a bit shy, looked like Al Borland from Home Improvement. His then girlfriend/now wife would often do pick-ups and drop-offs for his lab when they were dating, and she would come in and squee about how much 'sexy time' they were having. :facepalm:

Never in a million years would I have thought. (about the child molestation....well, and the sexy time!)

I google mapped/walked his neighborhood/house (address in paper at arrest). His house is right next to the neighborhood playground.

It's my opinion that there are far more predators that we do not know about (not caught and/or pled down) than the ones we do.

Hope they are able to confirm the absence/whereabouts of the older sibling/stepbrother (?) said to be sleeping away from the home Saturday night ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*