Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting in a thread to comment on, question, or criticize moderator or administrator action is not appropriate in a public forum. Please utilize the board’s Private Message function, or email staff if you wish to discuss these issues.

*This post is for the benefit of everyone, and for no one in particular.

Websleuths Rules & Etiquette

:bump:

I apologize if these points have already been brought up:

Kitty corner from the community playground appears to be a foot path headed towards the wooded area/creek where Jenise was found. If Jenise and the group of teens/kids she was with began dispersing home for the evening (from everything I've read, I believe she went missing Saturday night) from the playground, she could have easily been lured or taken down that path by someone she was familiar with.
Looking at google maps, you can see that there are several bus stops on the highway 303, and the fastest way to get to them would be to use these foot paths through the woods. I would bet that there is a spot that is easy to traverse the creek. Teens desire privacy, they desire freedom, and they NEED transportation (bus) to fulfill these desires. I am sure that the teens in this community are very familiar with this wooded area as a short-cut to the bus, as a place to smoke weed/drink, etc.

My god, what a precious child she was.

It's not a path. It's just a drainage area.

drainage area.jpg

For those that were interested in these posts:

Thread #1, Post #199 By Jules71
Well we went for a drive. Like I said Fox News and LE were at the trailer park. The local fire station was packed with LE and searchers. I actually stopped and gave them some info about a creepy looking motor home/trailer thing that has been parked in the Walmart parking lot for quite awhile. I drove by it to get the license # and there were two weird men in it and one was CLEANING inside the trailer. They both peered out windows and watched me closely as I drove by. Let me try to post the vids I took. Cannot get it to work. Darn it!

Thread #1 Post #357 By Jules71
Going to take a trip over to Walmart and see if the creeper camper is still there. Probably totally unrelated but you never know. My neighbor said it has been there for around 2 months. It was just extremely eery that they were both peering out the windows as I drove by slowly and one was cleaning the interior walls or something.

Pulled these up. I think there was also at least one more additional post from her about when the RV left and possibly looking toward 303, etc. but I couldn't find them in thread 1 or 2 :(. Maybe she can post about the details again if it could possibly be relevant to Jenise.

I think the person who killed Jenise was trusted by her family and potentially took advantage of the teenage brother being out of town, lives in the immediate community and lacks transportation aside from the Bus/bike, marginal intelligence and social capacities (frustrated and rejected socially/sexually), is publicly "grieving" and trying to look sympathetic to the family, possibly even attending the community vigils, behaving like a victim on social networking sites, etc.
I think LE knows exactly who he is but they are cementing their hard evidence and rock-solid case as we speak--and perhaps seeing if there is any possibility another perp was involved.

103-104 houses in that park

Times the number of occupants in ea house

Been reading here a little (was reading at JH thread), and will the parents be charged neglect or lack of supervision? I mean really how could not one, but two parents, not be worried from that morning, and that it wasn't unusual for that little girl to roam all day with any sort of check in points through out the day.

I heard that there was unusual family and that six kids slept in one room, but who's to say it's wrong if that's all the roof you can put over your kids heads?

Travis and his siblings (eight of them ) live in a camper shell in the backyard one time.

I lit a little candle here for J.

Now I am asking the universe to help us find the killer. No escape for him!!

So hard to have patience, but what choice do we have. I think the killer is close, and from the actions of LE, they do too.

The video of Janice is not allowed at this time. It is a beautiful video, a real heartbreaker but it is located on the social media of a minor and we don't discuss or sleuths minors here unless they are a victim or an LE identified perp.

Salem

Oh, wow. I don't know why I just assumed it was made by one of the older sisters. When I didn't see it again I thought maybe it was because it did have other minor family members in it.

Very well done for a young person.

Sorry I had quoted it!

I had to work most of the past two days and only skimmed to catch up. Can someone tell me if the "teens" being mentioned as possible theory is based on LE mentioning teens in some way or witnesses seeing Jenise with a group of teens, or are we just discussing someone else's possible scenario? Thanks!

For those that were interested in these posts:

Thread #1, Post #199 By Jules71

Thread #1 Post #357 By Jules71

Pulled these up. I think there was also at least one more additional post from her about when the RV left and possibly looking toward 303, etc. but I couldn't find them in thread 1 or 2 :(. Maybe she can post about the details again if it could possibly be relevant to Jenise.

Thank you for reposting - my mind went to the creeper camper when it was mentioned at the press conference about mud and cleaning.

If perp not an insider - I'd question creeper camper, especially knowing that they left the location after being there for two months - did they leave on Tuesday?
It all could be coincidental, and I hate to accuse without any facts, but I would definitely question it.
Better safe than sorry, best to rule out all possibilities and have firm evidence for an arrest.

moo:moo:

I think the person who killed Jenise was trusted by her family and potentially took advantage of the teenage brother being out of town, lives in the immediate community and lacks transportation aside from the Bus/bike, marginal intelligence and social capacities (frustrated and rejected socially/sexually), is publicly "grieving" and trying to look sympathetic to the family, possibly even attending the community vigils, behaving like a victim on social networking sites, etc.
I think LE knows exactly who he is but they are cementing their hard evidence and rock-solid case as we speak--and perhaps seeing if there is any possibility another perp was involved.

I'm inclined to believe that's a strong possibility. Or one heck of a crime of opportunity. Perhaps somebody who had watched Jenise for quite awhile.

And welcome to Websleuths! :wagon:

Keep the insights coming.

I had to work most of the past two days and only skimmed to catch up. Can someone tell me if the "teens" being mentioned as possible theory is based on LE mentioning teens in some way or witnesses seeing Jenise with a group of teens, or are we just discussing someone else's possible scenario? Thanks!
I think it was speculation after le stated that she was found near a path kids walk on

A couple of interesting points from this article:

"We have nobody," Kitsap County sheriff’s Deputy Scott Wilson told NBC News. "So we have to start with the family, the mother, the father, and work outwards from there, to the neighbors, the surrounding community, transients, or homeless people, sex offenders. It’s a long and laborious process."

In an eerie coincidence, Jenise was found in the same wooded area where another girl, 12-year-old Cassie Holden, was found murdered in 1988. Her head had been smashed with rock, the coroner said. Her convicted killer, a transient named Jonathan Gentry, is currently on death row in the state, and some residents are wondering if something similar could have happened again.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...spect-after-jenise-wrights-body-found-n176261

You can't walk on it or enter the wooded area from it?? When I say "footpath" I don't mean an intentionally graveled/carved/clean path.

Well, you can probably enter the woods from a lot of areas. We still haven't heard about the fence that has been said to surround the entire neighborhood.

I can see some wood fences along the shorter ends of the park although I can't tell how high the fences are. I wonder if the entire wooded sides are also fenced or if the trees alone were enough to provide the "fence" for at least the heavily wooded side of the park.

Do any of the locals who have driven through know or is there anyone who has been to the park that can tell us?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by noZme

Didn't I read there was a fence around the perimeter of the whole neighborhood? Was she found outside that area or did the fence extend down near the creek?

Some of my best childhood memories are playing in a creek, in the woods that bordered our neighborhood. So sad that kids cannot be kids anymore.

It's always been this way:

When 9-year-old Mae Barrett disappeared one dark and stormy night in January 1945, no one could imagine where the blue-eyed blonde haired girl had gone. But when Mae's beaten and mutilated corpse was found the next day in an abandoned house, her throat slashed and her face battered beyond recognition, the small town of Vandling was thrust into one of the most intensive police investigations in the history of Pennsylvania.http://www.amazon.com/Little-Girl-Lost-Vandling-Murder/dp/1479749818

Although it was more of a myth than reality, a "new" type of criminal emerged: the sexual psychopath. Of course, this type of offender had always existed throughout history. In the late 1940s, William Heirens, 17, kidnapped a six-year old girl in Chicago. Suzanne was abducted from her home on the first day of school after Christmas vacation by an intruder who used a ladder to climb into her bedroom. The girl was strangled then taken to the basement of a nearby building and dismembered. Pieces of her body were found in sewers and catch basins near her home on the city's North Side.
He sexually assaulted the victim, cut her up and dumped the parts into city sewers.
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/lip...year-old-girl-article-1.1034076#ixzz39qxTXj6O
http://www.crimelibrary.com/criminal_mind/psychology/child_abduction/8.html

One day the Judge's little daughter, Lucy failed to return home from school. Since the school was only two blocks from her house, a search was immediately ordered and MPs at Camp Swift were notified of the missing girl.
Pvt. Knapp showed up at the Camp Swift gate behind the wheel of the stolen car and was immediately placed under arrest. The car had been reported stolen earlier that day by the car's owner, a Camp Swift Captain.
Knapp, was confined, but slept warm and comfortable, while Lucy Maynard lay unconscious and exposed to the October chill with a crushed larynx. On the afternoon of the next day, her body was found in a pasture three miles from town. Despite the efforts of Dr. Gordon Bryson, the family physician who delivered Lucy into the world nine years before. she died at 4 a.m. the next day.
Knapp was questioned about any involvement with the girl. He admitted that he saw her walking home from school and offered her a ride. "Come on, little sister, and I'll ride you home," he reportedly said. His story expanded and he told how he drove around Bastrop for some time. When the little girl became frightened and started screaming, he strangled her with his hands and then threw her into the pasture where she was found.

http://www.texasescapes.com/FallingBehind/Murder-at-Camp-Swift-1942-Texas.htm

On the sunny afternoon of March 24, 1944, Betty June Binnicker, age 11, and her friend , Mary Emma Thames, age 8, had just left their homes to pick flowers. They were alternately walking and riding Betty’s bicycle along the railroad tracks that ran through Alcolu. The girls often played in this area on the opposite side of the town. By any measure, it was a beautiful spring day: the trees just beginning to bud, the first flowers of the season blooming among the tall grass along the tracks. As they ran and skipped their way through the grass, they saw a young black man along the same path. He also lived in this small lumber-producing town and both girls knew him. Everyone knew everyone else in Alcolu, it was that kind of place. However, within minutes, both girls lay dead on the ground, their skulls brutally bashed in by a huge railroad spike. Their bodies were dragged through the grass and dumped into a small ravine. Immediately after the murders, the killer hid the bloody weapon in the bushes and began the leisurely walk home. He seemed unconcerned and it is doubtful that he truly understood the repercussions of what he had done.http://murderpedia.org/male.S/s/stinney-george.htm

After spending nearly three years analysing the decomposing DNA of the man who bludgeoned, raped and shot 12-year-old Muriel in the Welsh village of Penllergaer in June 1946, Dr Dark this week announced that his team have produced a ground-breaking 'Y-STR' profile which, for the first time ever, could help police identify the killer via a living male relative. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...rival-TV-thriller-identified-killers-DNA.html

June Anne Devaney was recovering from pneumonia in ward CH3 at Queen's Park Hospital, Blackburn. Shortly after midnight on 15 May 1948, nurse Gwendolyn Humphreys (who was in the ward's kitchen) heard a cry coming from the ward. She checked the ward and found nothing wrong, and returned to her duties. At 1:20 am she felt a draught and noticed an open door at the end of the ward. She closed it, and saw that June Anne's cot was empty. Nurse Humphreys made a quick search of the ward and, finding no trace of June Anne, contacted the local police. They arrived at 1:55 am and fully searched the hospital and its grounds, finding the body at approximately 3:15 am next to a boundary wall some 300 feet (91 m) from the ward. As the body had injuries consistent with a beating, the hospital became a crime scene, and the ward was secured and searched. A subsequent post mortem showed that June Anne had been raped and had multiple fractures to the skull, probably from being swung into the wall whilst held by the legs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_June_Anne_Devaney

Born 1938
Died 17 or 18 December 1948
Age at the time: 10 years old
Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair: Blonde
Clothing: Blue Jumper Dress (school uniform)

Circumstances:

Roberta was last seen alive when she left her home in Suburban Brookfield, IL at 6PM, Friday night, 17 December 1948. She was walking alone and was to attend a movie at the nearby suburb of La Grange.

Her body was found the next morning eight miles from her home in a ditch near a cemetery. She had been beaten, gagged, strangled and had been sexually assulted.http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...a-Rinearson-10-murdered-near-Chicago-Dec-1948

As hard as it is to believe in this era of concern about protecting children, until 1950 molesting a child was a misdemeanor in California. The molestation and murder of 6-year-old Linda Joyce Glucoft changed all that.
Nearly half a century before the abductions and murders of Polly Klaas and Megan Kanka launched such familiar statutes as the three-strikes law and Megan's Law, Linda's 1949 murder was the catalyst for new laws pioneering stricter punishment for crimes against children. http://articles.latimes.com/2004/aug/29/local/me-then29

That's just based on a nominal search of murders of little girls in the 1940's. Not an extensive search, just a cursory one. And look how many I found, pretty quickly.

It's always been like this. Even when I was a kid in the 70's and was allowed to run around for hours unattended by a parent from ages 4 up, even during the 60's, 50's, 30's, 20's - it's always been like this.

Nevertheless, the rate of little children killed by unrelated persons for sexual or other thrill-type reasons remains incredibly low.

When I typed "anymore" I was thinking the same thing but didn't go back & delete it. These horrible crimes are not new. And many times they were swept under the rug.

I read a post yesterday about how we used to get national news & local news, but with 24-hour news on tv & internet access to tv & newspapers Anytown, Worldwide, we know everything.... It was a jolt to be reminded that sex crimes were ever taken so lightly. Thanks gypsy girl. And thanks for your advocacy for children & families.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave