Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BB
Absolutely. BUT in my opinion, in the bigger picture, we can all protect our own but that leaves others at risk. I sincerely don't believe that protecting our babies means fewer children will be murdered. It just shifts the identity of those murdered.

BBM

But what if everyone protected their babies? What if all children were loved, and watched over, monitored, clothed, and fed regularly? What if everyone who had children had to act like responsible grown-ups?

Would we have as many children killed?

Would we produce as many killers?

You may be right, but I hope not.

JMO, etc.

Remember, Jenise has a sibling near the perp's age. She could have tagged along. In confined neighborhoods and families with kids that have a big age rage, children often end up with friends whose ages people not involved in the neighborhood or situation may find inappropriate.

Does anyone remember when the older sibling left? Friday? Saturday?

What Lava said. Rape victims span the entire gamut of the human race--attractive to unattractive, old and young, male or female. The idea that most rapists have a "type" and go around looking for petite blondes with ponytails or whatever is really just a plotline for TV and movies. Most rapists' and child molesters' "type" is simply "who can I get my hands on when no one else is around." A significant number of child molesters, while preferring one sex, will molest the other sex if a victim of that sex is obtainable/available. And a lot of rapists attack prostitutes not because that's their "type," but because that's generally the only group of women who will get in a stranger's car and go with him to an isolated spot willingly.

And honestly, the idea that rape is about who is young and attractive is pretty disturbing, especially since a gazillion defense lawyers have gotten their rapist clients off with that very argument: Why would he bother raping this homely middle-aged woman, when he can get all the hot young tail he wants? She must be lying!!! Seriously, to suggest that rape generally only happens to the young attractive females is absolutely a slap in the face of every rape victim who wasn't believed because he/she didn't fit a specific set of criteria of what people falsely believe about "who is likely to get raped."

Thank you!

It is called sexual aggression for a reason. At it's very core, it is aggression. If it was just about sexual attraction, then all men would be rapists.

Thankfully all men aren't sexually aggressive, and not all sexually aggressive men act on their aggression. There are inhibitory thresholds for sexually aggressive behavior. There are four sub-types of sexually aggressive men and in some of those sub-types, sexual preference may come into play. But the choice to act, is NEVER based on attraction alone. In all four sub-types, what pushes the behavior is anger or depression.

If they were able to ID him based on his DNA so quickly, I would take it that means he has a record already to have his DNA on file?

RIP Jenise!

Not if he voluntarily gave a cheek swab to the police. They'd just need to compare it to the sample from her body.

Mel

Not if he voluntarily gave a cheek swab to the police. They'd just need to compare it to the sample from her body.

Mel

I doubt that they would be able to process all the samples they collected so quickly.

I wonder if this guy is the source of the unconfirmable sightings on Sunday. Maybe he said ' oh yea i saw her a while ago' , so the family thought she was fine because he's a regular nieghborhood kid who knew her. Maybe he told LE he saw her around noon and at that time, they thought he was shifty. Maybe he thought saying he saw her bought him some time before SHTF and / or maybe he really did see her at noon :( .....and that's when it happened.

No, by definition, rape doesn't imply force. Statutory rape doesn't imply force (and they could be both teenagers, just of different ages). Incest between two adults is a sex crime, but no force has to be involved.

By definition, it DOES imply force. Statutory rape it the only kind of rape that doesn't imply force. Incest is not rape. Not all sexual crimes are rapes.

I doubt that they would be able to process all the samples they collected so quickly.

For all we know, LE only sent one sample to that state lab . Maybe they were pretty darn sure of their perp and only needed the dna to
seal it shut.

For all we know, LE only sent one sample to that state lab . Maybe they were pretty darn sure of their perp and only needed the dna to
seal it shut.

Yes, if he was identified by DNA, they had to suspect him strongly to begin with.

This is senseless.. The tragedy occurring to this baby is horrible, I raised 2 daughters in the country with no close neighbors. They were always outdoors I could hear them from inside riding 4wheelers all over the hills around our home,Yes i knew where they were I could hear them, but I did not sit and watch every move they made. Now I have grand kids 9 in fact.I will help raise them the same way. I still live way out in the country. One granddaughter rides horses more then 4wheelers( her choice and yes she does wear cowboy boots and shorts even to town) but I will not ride one step behind her all the time .But I pity any stranger who gets too close,between the dog who will take my arm off if I so much as tickle her and she screams, to the guns which I know how to use and would to protect any of them.
You Can't lock them indoors that's abuse its all about checks and balance, common sense and alot of prayers,But bashing anyone who has lost a child,,sorry not this old ladys style.

Not my style either, but this goes on every time this happens. All good ideas and opinions, but I have see nothing change or come of the diatribe. jmo

Why would they need to process ALL the samples? I'm sure they started with their main suspects first, and there are many other reasons (besides DNA, which only proved it) they suspected him.

I don't think there is any comparison between adults who rape adults and those who prey on children.
Occasionally there are the ones who prey on anyone, but mostly it's one or the other.

BB

BBM

But what if everyone protected their babies? What if all children were loved, and watched over, monitored, clothed, and fed regularly? What if everyone who had children had to act like responsible grown-ups?

Would we have as many children killed?

Would we produce as many killers?

You may be right, but I hope not.

JMO, etc.

Right. Like Elizabeth Smart, and Polly Klaas, and other children who were snatched from inside their homes. I think we'd have about exactly as many children kidnapped and raped and killed. They're either easy pickings, or very hard pickings, but I think perps bent on raping and killing a child will find one.

Perhaps not. All though I *think* I read that they were going to process samples 24/7. If his was one of the 1st processed they might not have waited until all of the samples were processed.

OTOH can a minor voluntarily agree to give a DNA sample or is parental permission required?

Mel

I was raped from the ages of 8 until an early teenager. I consented many of the times, and in the beginning no threats or physical violance was used. But I was absolutely forced every single time. That man took advantage of his relationship to me, his position in our family, his knowledge over my knowledge...every aspect of non physical/threatening forced was used, absolutely.

Babies can't consent. Everyone who went through such a thing and feels they agreed to it are victims. God bless you and everyone here who was assaulted in this way.

By definition, it DOES imply force. Statutory rape it the only kind of rape that doesn't imply force. Incest is not rape. Not all sexual crimes are rapes.

This may sound dumb, but why would incest not be considered rape? There are so many cases where family members are assaulted by relatives.

Perhaps not. All though I *think* I read that they were going to process samples 24/7. If his was one of the 1st processed they might not have waited until all of the samples were processed.

OTOH can a minor voluntarily agree to give a DNA sample or is parental permission required?

Mel

I bet they started with the young men in the complex because like we did they figured it was a teen. Paid off and he was probably swabbed early on. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper