Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the real problem with exposing kids and teens to violent and overly sexual media is when they come from troubled backgrounds and/or have neurological or mental health issues. That stuff seems to incite them.

The "chance" of something like this happening is exceedingly, exceedingly rare. So parents who allow young kids to roam are not leaving it up to chance. They have more to worry about with accidents, the number one killer of young kids, and then next, health issues.

Homicide after being abducted by a non-family member is extremely rare. It always has been.

Everyone who knew and loved Jenise is a victim. That's why others give victim-impact statements at the trials of murderers.

Samantha Runnion. My neck of the woods. That murder absolutely killed me. She was one of the sweetest, most innocent children ever.

But given the stats for this kind of thing, such vigilance is probably not warranted. I know I keep saying that, I know it's an emotional subject and not what people want to or really can hear when discussing a horrific case like this, especially when the death of another baby has just smashed us in the gut, (and I also admit to being a hypocrite when I talk about this, because my behaviors and fears are similar to everyone else when it comes to this issue), but the facts are the facts. And the facts are this: More kids were not being killed during the 40's, 50's, 60's or 70's when kids like me were allowed to roam free everywhere, all the time.

Things have not gotten worse in our country. They've kind of stayed about the same over the years, when it comes to these monstrous crimes.

Because the risk of such a thing happening is so incredibly low, relatively speaking, we have more to worry about with lightening strikes, animal attacks, car and other accidents, cancer, etc., it's not like parents are serving them up for any perp to enjoy, when they allow them to play outside unsupervised.

Don't get me wrong - I'm paranoid and you'd never catch me allowing my baby to roam around for hours. I certainly dont' agree with allowing kids to be gone for hours and hours with no check-ins, etc.. But again, the risk of this kind of thing is just super, super low. It doesn't feel that way, but it is.

I don't mean to annoy everyone. But, I;m repeating this for two reasons: One, in defense of a family who made different choices than me and who are suffering incredibly right now. Two, because I have struggled with anxiety disorder all my life, used to be panic disorder (and agoraphobia as a teen for awhile), and so the culture of fear in our country especially, fear mongering in general, and misstated or misunderstood risks is something that is a huge sore spot for me because I think that being infused with unwarranted fears led to my problems and does the same to others.

So, I have to constantly combat irrational thought it my own mind and I challenge it when I see it sometimes in other areas, because it reaffirms for me that the world, although it has its significant problems, is not a fanged monster waiting to attack me. I guess I'm saying I repeat the truth about the things we discuss on here (also things like plane crashes, epidemics, the safety of the flu vaccine), because it helps me.

Finally, I like to make these points because my paranoia and my choices should not determine whether others are taking heedless risks or are making bad parenting decisions. I've learned to give others slack. I've learned that the upside to freedom from fear, to freedom in general, can be far greater than any risks associated with a freer mindset or lifestyle.

:clap:

Youngest of 6. A span of almost 14 years between youngest to oldest. Two older brothers, 3 older sisters. I was allowed to do most anything. I had a great childhood. 1st grade Misses Saulsberry gave us papers to color (within the lines) of a man hanging outside of the passenger door tempting with candy a boy or a girl to get in. We learned that way back then...and it happened to some of us, we knew to run like hell. We are talking years ago.

Our youngest grandchild is driven everywhere. I know. lol He's 14. Gd's are older but no they don't roam alone without friends or drive.

Myself, I went everywhere. I enjoyed it and still do it. All alone but prepared with life experiences & my handy dandy well...

Thanks to all of the members who are posting the twitter pics :seeya:

I'm about ready to get a twitter account, but I don't even know how to use it :facepalm:

Do they have a 'twitter for dummies' book?

I was hoping for an arrest fairly quickly, as the body disposal method was unsophisticated, and it seemed unlikely that the perpetrator would be particularly skillful in avoiding detection. So this is very welcome news. I see I have a lot of catching up to do in this thread. Just want to say good job to LE, and thanks to all you Websleuths for the useful and pertinent info that I've seen just during the quick skimming I've done tonight. I've got work and family obligations this weekend so I haven't been able to browse over here until now.

And I hope someone out there will give some love to Jenise's cat, the poor thing. This has been rough for all of Jenise's family, and Blu is family, too.

Why would the kid put J in his backyard if he had a car?

Makes no sense

Makes no sense

In Alanna Gallagher's case, her body was dumped in the road. I still don't know why, but teenagers are usually not sophisticated enough to cover their tracks well.

Makes no sense
As a thought, suppose Jenise was in the car when the search started. And he managed to get her out of the car and into the woods. Or perhaps something of hers was missing and found in the car.

Lots of resources online... you could start here:
https://support.twitter.com/groups/50-welcome-to-twitter

And once you've got your account, just type "#jenisewright" into the search bar, and your 'feed' (running list of tweets) will be filled with "top" (algorithmic) or "all" (as it says) posts marked with that hashtag. Given that this is very high-interest right now, it should refresh often... you'll see "XX new tweets" appear at the top and you can click that to refresh your feed.

How else could they count? Do you have any evidence that somehow it would be different if they could count unreported rapes?

Maybe you should start a new thread on this subject, I would rather read about Jenise.

And once you've got your account, just type "#jenisewright" into the search bar, and your 'feed' (running list of tweets) will be filled with "top" (algorithmic) or "all" (as it says) posts marked with that hashtag. Given that this is very high-interest right now, it should refresh often... you'll see "XX new tweets" appear at the top and you can click that to refresh your feed.

Thank you Biggles :loveyou: I'm going to join tomorrow.

I'm surprised a name hasn't been blurted out anywhere (at least not anywhere I know to look).

Also, you can follow twitter without having an account. I follow it for lots of big stories and I've never made an account. You can read things but not respond .

Thanks to all of the members who are posting the twitter pics :seeya:

I'm about ready to get a twitter account, but I don't even know how to use it :facepalm:

I don't have a twitter account. I just figure out the hashtag people are using (either by googling or seeing what's posted here).

For tweets about this case, go to
https://twitter.com/hashtag/jenisewright?f=realtime&src=hash

The tweets from whomever uses that hashtag will pop up - you don't need an account or follow someone. (The last thing I need is another online account....no thanks!)

Okay, so I was right it was one of the siblings. Don't know which one though. ty

I believe they thought a sibling was calling, but misunderstood and it was actually a neighbor kid who said something like, my friend's little sister.

Also, you can follow twitter without having an account. I follow it for lots of big stories and I've never made an account. You can read things but not respond .

Me neither. I usually go to one of the News Web Page, clink on their Twitter link, then do my searches from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hulet