Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she meant jenise's brother

Thanks for clarifying for me...I never could understand why someone feels bad for a perpetrator...especially one who takes the life of a child..

Sorry for jumping...

I don't think I have the energy...

((((shady))))

You have been a real trouper through all of this and your insightful posts have been a blessing for all of us!

Please take care of yourself and your furbabies! :cat::cat::cat:

KIRO 7 asked family spokesperson Bishop Chris Byron whether Jenise Wright knew her alleged killer.
"I mean, yeah, there's certainly that possibility,” said Byron.
Byron told KIRO 7 that the family only knows of two 17-year-old males who live in the park and who fit the description given by police.
"They know both of the kids, that they can think of, that live around the corner, and one of them is a friend of the family,” said Byron.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/authorities-arrest-17-year-old-death-jenise-wright/ngygS/

this statement: BBM

Byron told KIRO 7 that the family only knows of two 17-year-old males who live in the park and who fit the description given by police

so, LE somehow got a description from someone or a video tape?

You may be correct...

but... I still wonder if he had not already been "assaulting" her previous times...

:waitasec:

Jenise didn't seem like the "I'm telling on you" type. She was a fun-loving girl who wanted to be part of the group, not a child who ran to tell adults what was going on. She may have indeed been assaulted in the past, and he/they took advantage of her innocence and trust. I don't think the perp was threatened by tattling, though he may have felt threatened that his deeds went too far and he would be discovered...and then just kept going with the crime and coverup.

People are unpredictable! This case is going to shatter so many lives. Sure they'll rebuild, but those trust issues are going to remain. We never truly know anyone, not even ourselves. Things I thought I would 'never' do, or 'never' say, well, I have now. I pray my mind never goes to the point of illegal acts against another human being, or animal. But truly, we don't know.

We can put 100 people in a room and have a prepared situation occur. Each is going to react differently, respond differently, and most likely report what happened differently.
I know I couldn't be a psychologist, it would drive me crazier than I already am. I cannot predict what someone else might do. I can have statistic that say this or that, and have an idea that someone can happen, but I can't line up a group of people and predict what they'll do. It's scary!!!

With animals, you have some deviations, but for the most part, you can read their body language, know their nature, know their species behaviors, and predict what will happen. It's what makes some horse trainers appear to be so good that they can suddenly load that horse that won't load, or stop the bucking of the horse with an ill fitting saddle. It's not that they are using some magically stick, tone of voice, etc., to get the horses to obey their commands, they are good at predicting what THAT horse will do, and thus a step ahead of the horse in then changing how they ask it, or how they stand, etc., so that the horse understands, and complies. Even so, I've seen a horse that was known to be aggressive, known to attack people, and a great trainer that was then attacked by said horse, and could have easily been killed right there. His recommendation for that horse? Put it down. Even most Mustangs straight off the range would rather FLEE than FIGHT!

My prayers for all close to this case, close to the victim, close to the perp, the classmates, their families, teachers, etc.

I thought we were told that the other 2 kids being removed from the home had nothing to do with Jenise missing.....

2Hope4, I would really love to read your post but that color is destroying my eyes. :please:

Byron told KIRO 7 that the family only knows of two 17-year-old males who live in the park and who fit the description given by police

Hmmm yes that's true. Would LE tell the parents who it is or his description though? Maybe LE gave some general details such as Jenise likely being familiar with him and likely trusted him. IDK.

Dang....what's up with the blaring orange color??? Any way to block it? Ouch!

I thought we were told that the other 2 kids being removed from the home had nothing to do with Jenise missing.....

Maybe it was to protect them from same perp? Maybe the parents were afraid or they had reason to believe he m ay not be done? ** speculative**

As for being charged as an adult, I could see it going either way. There qas a case that is local to me- Erick smith murdered Derrick Robie- he was charged as a juvenile but at that time there was a 9-life sentence available for juveniles for 2nd degree murder in NYS.

What he did was terrible. I still shudder to think of the details of that case. Poor little Derrick Robie. :(

He will definitely be charged as an adult.

Why do you feel horrible for him? he took a precious child's life and innocence...SMH

My heart aches for Jenise....not him...

I'm fairly certain the poster was referring to Jenise's brother, not the suspect.

Question for clarification: Right now, if ;) they are open, and later private, can the WS techies still post screen captures as we all know from previous cases, links change very quickly! And only screenshots may be the only thing in a few days.

Just askin'.... in case those techies need to screen shot vs. links iykwim

TIA

Unfortunately, NO. Screenshots are not allowed.

Or maybe after the arrest, LE provided a description of the suspect?

Interesting topic. I hope he is charged as an adult. As a parent of a 20 yr old male, I wonder if I would feel the same had my son been charged with something like that at 17. At 17, he was still such a boy and in many ways still is at 20.
So, has anyone here worked in or with a DA? OR does anyone here know what the criteria is for this? Say you have two 17 yr olds accused of same crime. One stays charged as a minor and one as an adult. What elements of the crime OR elements of the person would elevate it to adult status? I've never once thought of it before but now I wonder. The nature of the crime? The ability to attempt to cover the crime? Perhaps they do psyche testing to determine maturity o f the person? Just how does that work ? Any thoughts welcome.

It's an election year, and the prosecutor is up for re-election. There is no doubt in my mind that he will be charged as an adult. I think they would charge him as an adult anyway, due to the nature of the crime and his age, but the election just seals the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove