Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say that I love this community. The worst is yet to come unfortunately. Once we get to hear why, when, and how.. It's going to break us. We've gotta stay strong.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/teen-arrested-killing-6-year-old-jenise-wright-n176991

A 17-year-old male was arrested in the murder of 6-year-old Jenise Wright, the child who disappeared from a Washington state mobile home park on Sunday and was found dead in a wooded area four days later. Police said the suspect will also be charged with rape.

The teen’s name was not released but authorities said he was a resident of the Steele Creek mobile home park and likely knew Jenise from the neighborhood.

[Presser is also available at this link]

Murder in the 2nd degree ?? Just seems like this was premeditated, to me. He had to have noticed poor Jenise wandering out and about all alone. But then, suddenly, he decides to murder her ?

Of course, we are not privy to the interview of the perp.
:moo:

I have a theory, which some her may be sick of, about why there are so many teens killing little children. THE PREMATURE SEXUALIZATION of children, through the 24/7 use of violent video games, R rated films, violence ridden tv shows, graphic internet content, and access to free *advertiser censored*.I think our little girls are hyper sexualized through what they see and the way fashion dictates they wear grown up clothing. And the older teens are in a constant state of frenzy through the constant barrage of violent, sexual images that are hard to escape.

When my brothers were young, they had to look at National Geographic and my Dad's hidden Playboy mags to get a hint of what a naked woman looks like. Those pictures are PG13 now. Most 11 and 12 yr olds have seen very graphic stuff on the internet and in films. Even if their parents try to shield them. But 16 and 17 yr olds have seen it all by that time. They get hyper-sexualized and they get desensitized to violence. That is a bad combination.

While sleuthing social media on this case I was blown away at how many teens post highly sexual/violent/objectifying "memes" posts, etc. This obviously doesn't equate to rape and murder, but it sure feeds into a cultural tolerance for sexual violence of women and girls. What blows me away is that these teens are "friends" with their parents, yet it doesn't occur to the parents to regulate/educate/monitor the sorts of terrible things their kids are putting out in the world. If my teen son posted the sort of demeaning crap I've seen over the past few days, he would get to watch me take a baseball bat to his laptop, then I'd make him go volunteer at a battered women's shelter.
Bulls$*it parenting all around in this MHP.

I completely agree with you. I understand that we all have different ways of parenting, I get that. But we are parents for a reason. The shows that are out now, the movies, commercials.. My 4 year even gives me a funny look when someone says a bad word or someone is being overly sexual. She knows it's wrong for her and she asks me to change the channel because I've found the time to educate her what she can and cannot watch, etc.

Wasn't Jessica abducted by a stranger on her way to school..or am I confused?

Yes, she was. He was trolling the neighborhood & grabbed her off the street where she lived & tied her up w/zipties, and down the street they went.

May Jessica cheer with the angels and fly high!

I have a theory, which some her may be sick of, about why there are so many teens killing little children. THE PREMATURE SEXUALIZATION of children, through the 24/7 use of violent video games, R rated films, violence ridden tv shows, graphic internet content, and access to free *advertiser censored*.I think our little girls are hyper sexualized through what they see and the way fashion dictates they wear grown up clothing. And the older teens are in a constant state of frenzy through the constant barrage of violent, sexual images that are hard to escape.

When my brothers were young, they had to look at National Geographic and my Dad's hidden Playboy mags to get a hint of what a naked woman looks like. Those pictures are PG13 now. Most 11 and 12 yr olds have seen very graphic stuff on the internet and in films. Even if their parents try to shield them. But 16 and 17 yr olds have seen it all by that time. They get hyper-sexualized and they get desensitized to violence. That is a bad combination.

Absolutely agreed. The culture of the teen boys surrounding this case is tinged with hyper-sexualized/aggressive/demeaning behavior towards women and girls.

not surprised at all it's going to be another neighborhood child how heartbreaking.

According to this article, he's only being booked as a minor for 2nd degree murder, 1st degree manslaughter, and 1st degree rape. Another article said they're still not sure what the COD was. Given the way similar cases in this area have gone, by the time he's charged and/or COD is determined, I believe he will be charged as an adult and for more than 2nd degree murder. JMHO.

I just can't. That poor baby should have been SUPERVISED by her "parents"!!

I know they are "victims" and didn't deserve this, but the most important victim that was raped and murdered was a SIX year old baby that should have been watched by them.

Listen, I would never let my baby run around for hours unsupervised at that age. And I do have a problem with not knowing where your kid is for over 24 hours. But millions if people do let their kids play outside unattended and this kind of occurrence remains super, super rare. And, apparently, the MHP was gated and the family felt secure that they knew everyone.

Finally, this kind if horror can happen to families who don't typically allow their babies to roam
unsupervised. We have seen so many cases of kids being allowed to walk to school and being taken, or being snatched from their front yards (Anthony Martinez, Samantha Runnion, etc.), or even from their beds.

Parents have to weigh and balance the known risk, which is tiny, with their beliefs about what childhood should be.

I think she died because of the rape.

That is what makes sense for 2nd degree.

He will be a loner, I bet

I dont. Second degree simply means he didn't plan it. Probably panicked and suddenly killed her.

Thank goodness for the rules here, when we think someone is an obvious suspect we shouldn't always assume.

Condolences to all of her family and the members of their community.

So sorry sweet Jenise you will always be remembered.

:rose:

According to this article, he's only being booked as a minor for 2nd degree murder, 1st degree manslaughter, and 1st degree rape. Another article said they're still not sure what the COD was. Given the way similar cases in this area have gone, by the time he's charged and/or COD is determined, I believe he will be charged as an adult and for more than 2nd degree murder. JMHO.
I hope so...I was thinking 2nd degree murder and as a child doesnt seem like enough. Poor Jenise :(

Like most of you, I agree there was a serious lack of supervision here. But let's lay blame where it belongs, on this 17 year old piece of scum. The parents will likely blame themselves for the rest of their lives, they don't need anyone to help them feel worse, I doubt they can feel worse than they already do.

It's a bad combination, but generally it doesn't lead anywhere. Maybe a few dirty sanchez jokes when your walking to language arts or talking about which girls have a chest and which have not. Rather than attempting to hide the world, parents need to give age appropriate explanations with a focus on that nobody but yourself should have access to your parts and when somebody wants to it needs to be reported immediately. The age of information does not create pedophilia or lead one to the point of carrying out such atrocities on a child. These behaviors are rooted in severe childhood trauma, being beaten, dominated and helpless. Social isolation and sexual frustration would be contributing factors.

I'm happy we have some closure here and this little girl can finally rest.

Completely agree.

I just saw the news. Poor sweet little Jenise, I don't know what else to say. Everything I can think of sounds trite.

Hugs everyone.

Letting a 6-year-old wander around to the point of being practically feral is just putting her on display to the creeps of this world.

With all due respect; creeps of this world need to keep it in their pants. If it wasn't this child it would be another no doubt.

Thank goodness for the rules here, when we think someone is an obvious suspect we shouldn't always assume.

Condolences to to all of her family and the members of their community.

So sorry sweet Jenise you will always be remembered.

:rose:

You're right. If not for the rules, I think I would've stated a lot more about my feelings about the dad in this case that would've been quite hurtful and unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CooperDeVille