Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I am not new to the forum, I have been lurking for a long time. I live in Kitsap county, and the town is buzzing (as you can imagine).
Please let me know if this is outside the scope of what is allowed, but I have stumbled across an ask website, where other members submit questions, and you answer them. I won't link the webpage, but I found some of the answers very interesting.

I would also like to say that LE has done an incredible job here. I have been in close contact with them due to the nature of my job, and am so impressed with all of the work they have done, and also the community as well. Very proud and thankful to all involved. I wish I could have done more.

Sickening :(. But thanks for sharing.

Maybe something else set him off? I can see some possibilities. If Jenise was the little fire cracker she reported to be I bet she might not have fallen for any crap from him like another 6 yr old would.

Like if she wanted to hang out and he tried to get rid of her or lose her by saying is that your dad calling you? (Something similar)

I could see her standing up to a high school boy, telling a girlfriend of his she saw him kissing another girl and ruining a relationship.

She had such a bubbly loving personality, smiling all the time, probably skipping down the street, maybe he couldn't stand how happy she was.

It could be so many things! Maybe she grated on his nerves.
Still can't understand why he would rape her and kill her.
I am more of the opinion that this is something he had been doing to perhaps her and even other girls. I just don't see him killing the first one, but Ryan Brunn did so...

All posts are MOO

Let's move away from opinions on rape and rapists, it is getting uncomfortable in here!

I think I speak for a lot of us who are astounded by who did this. Although maybe I would feel differently if I actually knew him ad maybe would see some red flags.

He is a great athlete. Nice looking . Appears to have friends. Has had girlfriends. Appears to have parents that care about him. Appears to have siblings that care about him.

Where are the warning signs?

I am not shocked at all and I doubt anyone saw any warning signs.

Just because someone 'appears' to be normal, well liked, and has friends... that never stops them from committing the most horrendous crimes imaginable.

We have seen that right here on countless cases where the youthful offender wiped out his entire family including siblings or his/her parents and the family was known to be close knit and the parents were known as very supportive attentive parents. Many of these youthful offenders excelled in school/sports, was popular, and had many friends.

The truth is no one really knows what lurks in the minds of anyone. These kind of offenders let you see only what they want you to see and hides their dark side.

IMO

Perhaps his brain works just fine but he is of the same mindset, that if a human being happens upon him when he feels a sexual urge, he has a right to act on it, because being such an overwhelming urge for him, nothing else matters?

A common but very ugly conceptualization of sexuality.

Rape is rape. I AGREE.

But diminished mental capacity, in some cases is a mitigating factor:

http://www.nhbar.org/publications/display-news-issue.asp?id=6689

Thanks Schmae. I remember reading it in the second thread and it was also posted on the first page of this thread. I'm not sure why the Mods didn't remove it, maybe no one brought it to their attention. I think its a good rule; should keep people from doing exactly what they were doing here. A lot of readers were disgusted by the behavior and stated so. I don't think anyone should have the right to post others dirty laundry all over the internet even if it is public record. This family has enough to deal with and now every time someone googles little J's name all of this nasty gossip is going to be associated with her. Its just not right.

It can be discussed because it was reported in MSM. It is public record and not gossip.

But you didn't say that until your third (or fourth) comment. Your original post seemed to indicate that a boy who just "acts on natural urges" does not have the mind of a rapist.

Yes, my commentary was not a near complete as I would typically submit. I've been awake for almost two days straight dealing with medical issues on the home front.

RAPE is RAPE and I am not DEFENDING the who murdered JW.

I am only noting that Diminished Mental Capacity is a mitigating factor in some circumstances in some jurisdictions:

I believe the 17 year old can get a public defender (and not based on his parents income)

I could have swore I read an article last night about the arrest that said something to the effect that the police had him in questioning and he had a lawyer. I may be 100% wrong but thought it said "a lawyer had been appointed"
It's so hard to search because there are so many stories and no name has been named so can't search that way which would be easier.

Maybe something else set him off? I can see some possibilities. If Jenise was the little fire cracker she reported to be I bet she might not have fallen for any crap from him like another 6 yr old would.

Like if she wanted to hang out and he tried to get rid of her or lose her by saying is that your dad calling you? (Something similar)

I could see her standing up to a high school boy, telling a girlfriend of his she saw him kissing another girl and ruining a relationship.

She had such a bubbly loving personality, smiling all the time, probably skipping down the street, maybe he couldn't stand how happy she was.

It could be so many things! Maybe she grated on his nerves.
Still can't understand why he would rape her and kill her.
I am more of the opinion that this is something he had been doing to perhaps her and even other girls. I just don't see him killing the first one, but Ryan Brunn did so...

All posts are MOO

bbm "Bingo" that was my first reaction in the beginning. Youngest of family with much older children she's been very observant (MOO youngest kids have great EQ's) before all the s/a info came out I was thinking she got pushed by an angry older teen who felt threatened that ''she would tell" (could have been over something as stoooopid as smoking something he/she should not KWIM)

:tyou::tyou::tyou: One great big appreciative thank you to Cat! You are the best!! :tyou::tyou::tyou:

In the legal sense, yes, RAPE. But the perp might not posses a rapist mentality in the sense that he purposefully *raped* as opposed to a teen involved with himself and being happened upon by JW and succumbing to a biological urge that resulted in involving JW.

I am NOT claiming it was not rape in the legal sense.

BBM Legal sense or not - The perp might very well feel like a child wanted 'it' that doesn't make it not be rape. A pedophile can convince their self of anything they want but it doesn't make it true. If JW had NOT been raped, I might believe the hormone thing and that the perp was caught masterbating was embarrassed and killed JW so no one would find out. Even then it would be such a huge over reaction for to be caught doing something so normal.

I think you need to keep in mind that many of us here are survivors of rape, incest and sexual abuse. So some might feel offended by the way some of this has been worded. Like calling him a 'normal teen responding to normal biological urges.' It is a sensitive topic.

note:

My original commentaries were not as near complete as I would typically submit. I've been awake for almost two days straight dealing with medical issues on the home front.

RAPE is RAPE and I am not DEFENDING the who murdered JW.

I am only noting that Diminished Mental Capacity is a mitigating factor in some circumstances in some jurisdictions:

Well I think his surrounding culture needs looking into. Enough said.

Thanks Schmae. I remember reading it in the second thread and it was also posted on the first page of this thread. I'm not sure why the Mods didn't remove it, maybe no one brought it to their attention. I think its a good rule; should keep people from doing exactly what they were doing here. A lot of readers were disgusted by the behavior and stated so. I don't think anyone should have the right to post others dirty laundry all over the internet even if it is public record. This family has enough to deal with and now every time someone googles little J's name all of this nasty gossip is going to be associated with her. Its just not right.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. If the crime he was convicted of was, say, possession of a small amount of marijuana, I might agree with you (or maybe not, it would be debatable at least).

However, I have no sympathy for _any_ adult who takes advantage of _any_ child in a sexual way. He was lucky, in my opinion, that the sentencing judge reduced his year-long jail sentence to a monetary fine (and no, I don't agree with it, but that's the way the system works, I guess). That child was someone else's baby (not literally, of course), and his actions were incontestably wrong, and most certainly something that would have been considered in the initial stages of this case.

Nope. Again, poor Jenise.

JMO

Hindsight is 20/20. I believe in time we'll hear unsettling stories about the suspect. You don't just rape and murder a 6 year old without warning. I think people have been blinded by his possible successes (popularity, academics, extracurricular activities, etc) in school.

I think I speak for a lot of us who are astounded by who did this. Although maybe I would feel differently if I actually knew him ad maybe would see some red flags.

He is a great athlete. Nice looking . Appears to have friends. Has had girlfriends. Appears to have parents that care about him. Appears to have siblings that care about him.

Where are the warning signs?

BBM

In this case, my guess is the warning signs were on his computer and/or tech devices.

I will be absolutely shocked if, once the suspect in custody is publicly named, additional stories don't come trickling or even pouring in. I find it difficult to fathom a normal-appearing teen going from zero to murderous child rape without some serious other events or at least warning signs along the way. Even as an opportunistic crime, it's difficult to imagine that being someone's first crime.

I am not sure that will be the case. Often we do see offenders get caught when they commit their first acts. I think we all need to be thankful when it does happen and stops them in their tracks where they cant victimize anyone ever again.

IMO

But...but... Rape her? I could see hitting her. But rape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbarch