DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Now, with all these cameras focused on my face
You'd think they could see it through my skin
They're looking for evil, thinking they can trace it, but
Evil don't look like anything"

Okkervil River, Westfall

I, for one, am leaning towards hoping the kid was on steroids, and/or other "performance enhancing drugs". In my opinion, those can go a long way turning a somewhat sick mind into a dangerous violent person. I really wouldn't be surprised to see some abuse in his background either. Regardless, I am so relieved that he was caught at 17, and not at 30.

bbm "Bingo" that was my first reaction in the beginning. Youngest of family with much older children she's been very observant (MOO youngest kids have great EQ's) before all the s/a info came out I was thinking she got pushed by an angry older teen who felt threatened that ''she would tell" (could have been over something as stoooopid as smoking something he/she should not KWIM)

Yeah doesn't explain the rape. That's a whole other level of psycho.

Yeah doesn't explain the rape. That's a whole other level of psycho.

Geez you took the words out of my mouth!
Getting angry. Even murder. Is one thing (still evil as evil gets) but the rape of this SIX YEAR OLD...just takes it to a whole new level of EVIL. :gaah:

While rape is of course about violence, control and a sense of power, ...to a teenager male, almost everything is (also) about sex. I think sex is a part of their thoughts and actions most of the time. So, Imo, in this case, it could be about all of the above.

Jmo

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. If the crime he was convicted of was, say, possession of a small amount of marijuana, I might agree with you (or maybe not, it would be debatable at least).

However, I have no sympathy for _any_ adult who takes advantage of _any_ child in a sexual way. He was lucky, in my opinion, that the sentencing judge reduced his year-long jail sentence to a monetary fine (and no, I don't agree with it, but that's the way the system works, I guess). That child was someone else's baby (not literally, of course), and his actions were incontestably wrong, and most certainly something that would have been considered in the initial stages of this case.

Nope. Again, poor Jenise.

JMO

His record was reported by MSM so of course it was discussed but to me that is different than accusing or implying he was involved when there was never any evidence of that. The police never even hinted that he was involved. He was certainly never called a POI or a suspect.

Sierra Lamar's dad also had the same conviction but I think early on LE knew that had nothing to do with their investigation. In this case the police department emphatically said her dad's prior offense had nothing to do with the ongoing investigation. They aren't going to say that unless they are sure the suspect is someone else.

I think LE knew from the start that it was someone else living in the MHP and there was no family involvement. They had already visited suspect's home three times. Imo, they were suspicious of the 17 year old from the very start. Along with all of Jenise's family fully cooperating which they also continued to say.... maybe all of her family members took polys and passed with flying colors. I just never picked up any hint that they suspected the father.
IMO

I wonder what makes a person voluntarily do this? Did he think somehow they wouldn't match? Did he just assume they would catch him anyway, so he might as well not attempt to hide the fact? Did he think that by not refusing the test he would eliminate suspicion? I guess it's just another part of the criminal mind us regular folks can't fathom.

Maybe it wasn't given voluntarily. Perhaps they didn't have to test his DNA in the initial big sweep. It might have been on record already, or they might have tested his parents, or ... they might have had enough evidence for a warrant for his DNA. Did they do a mass DNA testing of the juveniles in the community without a warrant? I would think that could be risky and could be grounds to disallow such evidence in court.

I, for one, am leaning towards hoping the kid was on steroids, and/or other "performance enhancing drugs". In my opinion, those can go a long way turning a somewhat sick mind into a dangerous violent person. I really wouldn't be surprised to see some abuse in his background either. Regardless, I am so relieved that he was caught at 17, and not at 30.

I am not ready to buy into the enhancing drugs either. I know plenty of teen boys that go to the gym 4 times a week at least and would rip their own head off before they would put any steroid chemicals into their bodies or any chemicals for that matter. Many of them are health nuts and make sure they do not put any kind of toxins in their body. They build body mass by working out at the gym and are very committed to their routine.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised that he has no abuse in his history and very well may have been spoiled and coddled by his parents.

Closing the thread because we have a bunch of unassigned moderators in here. It will remain closed to keep people from responding when all they should be doing is alerting!

If you want to discuss the case and not each other, please continue now.

O/T but I just started a thread for a 16 year old girl with medical conditions who is missing from Bremerton.

Im wondering if there is going to be a plea deal. It sounds like LE has DNA...open and shut. Anyone think they will let him plead guilty to 2d degree murder as a juvenile?

IMHO, it won't be "juvenile" anything -- no way. Maybe, maybe 2nd degree, but definitely as an adult.

What the prosecutor may do, is to show what evidence they've got, up the charge to M1 + the rest & as an adult, and then talk.

This crime -- even tho the defendant is 17 y/o -- is too heinous, cruel, and horrible to reduce. Juries don't like these types of crimes, either, and a defense atty knows it, too.

IMO, this kid, barring something out-there (STS) or bizarre, is in a lot of trouble. My 2 cents.

IMHO, it won't be "juvenile" anything -- no way. Maybe, maybe 2nd degree, but definitely as an adult.

What the prosecutor may do, is to show what evidence they've got, up the charge to M1 + the rest & as an adult, and then talk.

This crime -- even tho the defendant is 17 y/o -- is too heinous, cruel, and horrible to reduce. Juries don't like these types of crimes, either, and a defense atty knows it, too.

IMO, this kid, barring something out-there (STS) or bizarre, is in a lot of trouble. My 2 cents.
My 2 cents worth of agreement makes it almost a nickel!

This crime -- even tho the defendant is 17 y/o, is too heinous, cruel, and horrible to reduce. Juries don't like these types of crimes, either, and a defense atty knows it, too.

Thanks borndem. I'm hoping they try him an adult and 1st drgree murder. A little worried that they might let him plead to keep the family from having to go through a trial and makinh public the horrible details of the crime.

What I noticed is that he is charged with 2nd degree murder not first. I have to wonder if that means he did not mean to kill her and she dies accidentally? Even if he killed her after assaulting her and was afraid of discovery, If he then planned to kill her that still could be 1st degree.

17 yrs old. It is just so sad and disturbing. Breaks my heart. Not for him and what he faces but what led him here. He deserves his punishment and his time but still when I see kids that ruin theirs and other people lives when they are just starting to live, it breaks my heart.

Im glad they have him and I am glad that her family can have some closure and have the spotlight off them.

How does he also get manslaughter as well as a second degree murder charge?

It is so sick. I am glad they have the perp. I am sad that it had to be after a murder. I hope he goes away forever because he will do this again if given the chance to live free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member