Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hopeful they will provide coverage in the Courtroom after today (or for today would be great too). I want to hear what he has to say for himself, in way of defense (if any exists).

Did I see that formal charges wont be until next week? Please correct me if this is wrong. TIA

no minors peeps. no minor anything other than the named perp. please thank you, etc.

Does anyone have the link to an earlier interview with neighbors - the one with the gray-haired lady? Might have been from Kiro. I want to check something and I want to avoid posting any misinformation.

I am just not comfortable sleuthing minor's conversations.

Also, in Canada (i think it went to supreme court), one cannot prove who is doing the texting. For example.., could it be a brother, sister, friend, some hacking into an account. Online activity is often hard to prove who actually was doing the typing.

Yes but there is no death penalty in the US for those under 18, even if charged as an adult. Also no life without parole.

The public will be disappointed in whatever this young man's sentence is, I believe. No death penalty, no LWOP. I know that nobody feels Sheila Eddy and Rachel Shoaf received a just sentence in their extremely brutal and pre-meditated murder of Skylar Neese. I also followed another case out of WV from 2012 where a 16-year-old boy shot his mother, father, and 9-year-old sister in cold blood and then turned himself in. He was charged with 3 counts of murder 1 as an adult, and will still be eligible for parole after 20 yrs.

Perhaps the state of Washington can set this perp's sentences to run consecutively rather than concurrently to lengthen his time in prison?

ETA: I see that upthread someone said LWOP is in fact possible for minors in WA. I know in WV even if charged as an adult a minor will be sentenced to 'Life in Prison.. but with Mercy' or something like that, meaning they will be eligible for parole after 20 years or so. I would be glad to know it is possible for him to be sentenced to LWOP in WA!

Well, I have the authority to say SLEUTH AWAY!

Be mindful of our normal rules - no name calling or name variations. But you can sleuth him!
:happydance: THANK YOU :seeya: :tyou::heartluv:

Does anyone have the link to an earlier interview with neighbors - the one with the gray-haired lady? Might have been from Kiro. I want to check something and I want to avoid posting any misinformation.

MsMarple...scroll back to last nights post on this thread, it is linked there.

Ok, I couldn't post the screen shot but the suspect that was named has a post heading titled , "the FBI is at my house". Bunch of replies from minors then the suspect replied " I heard man, I'm sorry"

Was he the one driving the van when they interviewed that lady?

Ok, I couldn't post the screen shot but the suspect that was named has a post heading titled , "the FBI is at my house". Bunch of replies from minors then the suspect replied " I heard man, I'm sorry"

What website is this on? Are we allowed to PM info that cannot be posted?

I totally get the sleuthing thing - I am here too after all, lol! It's the leaking and apparent glee to find the info quickly. I don't see sleuthing as a race. Speed is not always a virtue, and it's hard to think when in a rush. Sleuthing isn't just being the first to gather info, but thinking thoughtfully about it.

Plus, the whole "share everything on social media" gets on my nerves. (And yes, I'm on SM too.) I know it's not cool to say this right now, but what if the kid really isn't the perp? (I think he is at this point.) Wow, what damage has been done to a teen if it's not him. It's worth waiting a day or so for him to be charged as an adult, imo.

I just saw the community spirit deteriorate quickly, both on location and online....and it makes me sad.

Some sleuthing is kinda of like a race because lots of stuff gets deleted and accounts get closed. Screen shot can be your friend. After that you can sleuth piece by piece, cross check for validity and then toss the stuff that has no merit.

I think people are freaking out because the perp seems to be a normal, outgoing guy with friends and good family relationships.

Closing the thread because we have a bunch of unassigned moderators in here. It will remain closed to keep people from responding when all they should be doing is alerting!
:bump:

Thanks for this.

Maybe some missed it from earlier. IMO, it's confusing when everyone acts like unassigned moderators, as you stated.

Because of a local news station callously not redacting the name of a victim of an alleged sexual assault from their coverage of this (they showed the criminal complaint on the screen unredacted, naming the victim, and that link has been posted here), we know now that the child who was 8 at the time has since been on national television defending James Wright.

If his victim can defend him, I'll take her word for it. And I think it's absolutely horrible of that news station to have released this information in the way they did. Not only is this now-grown woman dealing with the loss of her baby sister, she's also having to deal with the past being thrown in her face in nearly every news article discussing the case.

:eek: Actually, I had no idea that's who the victim was.

I really wish I hadn't seen your post :(

Some sleuthing is kinda of like a race because lots of stuff gets deleted and accounts get closed. Screen shot can be your friend. After that you can sleuth piece by piece, cross check for validity and then toss the stuff that has no merit.

I think people are freaking out because the perp seems to be a normal, outgoing guy with friends and good family relationships.

Yes. That is why speed is necessary because SO MUCH stuff goes POOF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yoohoo27