Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read about the sixteen year old boy in Frisco, Tx. who shot and killed both his parents just this morning. So, I don't think all are so sweet. jmo

Again, the occasional monster should not affect our view of teen boys as a whole. The boy in TX does not change that.

Imagine, there are about 20 million adolescent males in the US. How could the occasional story of a kid like this or in TX suddenly, statistically, make teenagers dangerous? Cases like this appeal to our emotion, especially fear and our willingness to view the world as an evil place, but mathatically, logically, such cases as predictors of future risk are about as silly as viewing flying as a huge risk.

P.S., as an attorney, you will never catch me using the word "all".

Respectfully, this is not rare. We see young adults in the center of crimes like this all the time. That's why a "17 year male" was #1 on my list as a suspect, without me knowing anything about Jenise's brother's friends, her hanging out with teenagers, etc.

I agree margarita. This case reminds me of poor little Jorelys Rivera. Her murderer was 20 years old. He pleaded guilty and then hung himself in prison. The GBI interviewed him to learn what they could about the mind of such a killer. I haven't seen the whole interview, but some of it is in this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nfession-murderer-molested-killed-girl-7.html

BBM Thanks for posting that response IHNC, I was just about to say the same thing.

Do we know if they have him on suicide watch? If not, they should.

I, too, am wondering if GG is on suicide watch...

I would imagine he is... Especially if he is being psychologically evaluated...

but if it has been reported... I have not seen it...

all... JMO

Think we should take a minute as far as the whole "sexualization" of society in the media, or whatever.......

MTV made it's debut over 30 years ago, parents were aghast at some of the videos, ex: Prince
Also 30 years ago, "Heroin Chic" was common among print models, most under the age of 16, many 14 years of age and younger.
Brooke Shield and her Calvin Klein ads circa 1980 (age 15) and movies "Pretty Baby" (age 12) and "Blue Lagoon" (age 14).
Jodie Foster (age 12) in "Taxi Driver".
Some sickos probably got off on a very young Jodie Foster in ads for Coppertone. (1960's)
......and ad nauseam......
The only thing that has changed is how fast or easy it is to get information. "Instant Gratification".

The city of Rome and Victorian era England were other "sexualized" societies......Lot had sex with his daughters after his wife was turned into stone, remember Sodom and Gomorrah?

Pedophiles and rapists are the rabid dogs of our society. I won't justify their behavior with "oh, they must of been molested as a child" or "they're a product of our over sexed society".
I call BS. I was a victim of child molestation from the first thoughts I could remember til I was 12. I didn't grow up to repeat the "pattern".
The psychiatric community needs to stop making excuses for them. Show me one rapist/pedophile that truly didn't know what they were doing was WRONG. Unless they were severely mentally retarded, no free pass, get out of jail card for them. I don't care what their position is in the community, how generous, religious, well thought of, etc.

They serve no purpose in our community other than to prey and destroy the lives of children. All the rest is just window dressing. The only thing that changes in their behavior is the ability to NOT get caught.

Put them in front of a firing squad, eliminate the threat. Predators do NOT deserve to breath the same air as us.

There ARE no excuses.

I haven't had the time to read all ya' alls reaction to the identity of the defendant. I still maintain that nothing hinted at this outcome in Gaeta's life. He was not a loner, not obsessed with violence, evil, was not bullied, etc. apparently.

And after reading the probable cause statement, I don't believe psychosis is to blame. He obviously was acting for LE, pretending to be crazy or immobilized by what had happened, while instantly stretching, yawning and being normal when he thought no one was watching.

That points to a sophisticated ability to manipulate and to a lack of true empathy, IMO.

I get the feeling he likely has Narcissistic Personality Disorder... but that is just me comparing my own experiences with a narcissist.

Respectfully, this is not rare. We see young adults in the center of crimes like this all the time. That's why a "17 year male" was #1 on my list as a suspect, without me knowing anything about Jenise's brother's friends, her hanging out with teenagers, etc.

IMOO All of it is rare, but young offenders of violent crimes are becoming all too familiar. When we think of some of this centuries most horrific acts, many can be attributed to young teen males with histories of mental illness (i hate that term btw - anyone who has a brain has some sort of mental illness ((by definition)) at times). Depression, social anxiety...there is some correlation IIRC. (though none provides a full explanation imo).

Two cents

I get the feeling he likely has Narcissistic Personality Disorder... but that is just me comparing my own experiences with a narcissist.

One of my parents is a narcissist and I don't see it, but I am no professional.

Hey there astridxx, the brutally of this crime is one of the worst I've seen in a while. Really over the top on the brutality scale. :(

The gravity of the situation and act really hit me when I read about the blood.

I truly truly believe that there is an underlying biological factor created by a mixture of elements (like a perfect storm)...

I first came up with this perfect storm analogy as related to psychological illnesses when thinking about my own severe OCD condition and trying to explain it to others. In order for a hurricane to form, you have to have certain elements---warm water, low pressure, etc. Without the mixture and presence of all of these elements, the storm will not thrive. On that note, my ocd exploded when a few elements were mixed (stress, underlying genetic predispositions, etc)----ugh, what I'm trying to say is that I think its a formula- these guys have certain chemical, hormonal, biological factors mixed with possible environmental/external elements---ugh, having a hard time explaining myself here. And as strange as this sounds, even some sort of vitamin deficiency (in addition to an elevated level of testosterone). JMO

I believe I understand what you are saying...

and... I, too, struggle with OCD.... :banghead:

I think your "perfect storm" analogy is an apt one....

Another analogy I think of when trying to understand the nature/nurture conundrum...

some people are born with visible, physical abnormalities (missing a toe, etc.)....

I also think people can be born having the incorrect brain wiring... Or missing synapses... Or chemical imbalance... just as a physical abnormality... But one that is not seen... Yet has more dire effects on society as a whole....

Please note: THIS IS NOT AN EXCUSE FOR THE HORRIBLE BEHAVIOR!
(It is just a way to try to understand the behaviors...)

all... JMO

O/T and not necessarily related to GG:

I still can't get over how horribly violent video games and movies are. As a teacher on the front lines, I truly believe desensitization, etc occurs in these youths. jmo Not saying GG did this because of this specifically, just saying. The other day I was hanging out with my friend and her grand kids. I was appalled at the violence in the "mild" video game "for kids" they were playing. So much shooting, blood, the noises alone, ugh...

Its a whole new world these days. Yes, trafficking, violence, murder has occurred forever over time, as seen in history with slavery, genocide, etc etc---but I truly believe with the internet and the evolution of technology, etc that we are living in an increasingly scary and dangerous world. Now the perps have access to information, the scariest and worst thing that could happen.

Everything is jmo

I have to wonder if GG was sexually abused as a child.

This really conflicts me. I have such sympathy for abuse victims and can in a small way (very small) see how without proper help it could lead to terrible behavior. However I know there are lots of abuse victims who wouldn't ever harm a child.
The difference between excuses and reasons is a fine line and difficult to consider in a case like this. I find it hard to think maybe he was abused because that might make me more sympathetic towards him and I just can't.

Think we should take a minute as far as the whole "sexualization" of society in the media, or whatever.......

Pedophiles and rapists are the rabid dogs of our society. I won't justify their behavior with "oh, they must of been molested as a child" or "they're a product of our over sexed society".
I call BS. I was a victim of child molestation from the first thoughts I could remember til I was 12. I didn't grow up to repeat the "pattern".

Very true, just a side note: not trying to make excuses. Simply pondering.

I don't want to put words in your mouth but I think I understand what you're trying to say and I've bolded the sections that stood out to me.

Due to the fact that we have 3.5 teenagers living at home at once (our youngest is 11 going on 19) hubby and I have conversations on a regular basis with them about boundaries, what is acceptable, what is inappropriate, etc. Especially because of what they all see online, all the time. Where you say a 17yr old male has a sexual interest in "almost anything", I think what you're alluding to is how biologically, it is very easy for a boy to become physically aroused. As hubby has put it, for some teenage boys, all it takes is a stiff breeze. This doesn't mean boys are sexually attracted to wind, it just means that physically this stuff can happen and in many cases it's actually rather embarrassing for them.

You say that you don't think for SOME boys, a child causing those thoughts or feelings would be that odd. I can't stand to admit it, but due to the amount of cases where it was a teenage boy and a young child, I believe you are right. For some (and thankfully it's still the minority, and thankfully it's not always acted upon), it's not odd at all. I think case files prove that yes, for SOME, this is true.

Of course it's not "normal" and yes I suspect those boys worry about it and try to hide it because it is not acceptable behavior in our society but the sad fact is, the visual messages they see online and in movies, etc., doesn't help reinforce a positive attitude. It simply validates their abnormal thoughts and feeds them.

And this is what I was referring to with anime/manga. If a 10yo boy is a fan, it's normal. When older teens/young men are still spending that much time with it...not so much.

I haven't had the time to read all ya' alls reaction to the identity of the defendant. I still maintain that nothing hinted at this outcome in Gaeta's life. He was not a loner, not obsessed with violence, evil, was not bullied, etc. apparently.

And after reading the probable cause statement, I don't believe psychosis is to blame. He obviously was acting for LE, pretending to be crazy or immobilized by what had happened, while instantly stretching, yawning and being normal when he thought no one was watching.

That points to a sophisticated ability to manipulate and to a lack of true empathy, IMO.

Which might be the scariest part for me. He looks normal, friendly, smiling but isn't functioning correctly or in a way that works in society.

Again, the occasional monster should not affect our view of teen boys as a whole. The boy in TX does not change that.

Imagine, there are about 20 million adolescent males in the US. How could the occasional story of a kid like this or in TX suddenly, statistically, make teenagers dangerous? Cases like this appeal to our emotion, especially fear and our willingness to view the world as an evil place, but mathatically, logically, such cases as predictors of future risk are about as silly as viewing flying as a huge risk.

P.S., as an attorney, you will never catch me using the word "all".

And based on the scarier description earlier, this one is the saving grace.

BBM:

I believe I understand what you are saying...

and... I, too, struggle with OCD.... :banghead:

I think your "perfect storm" analogy is an apt one....

Another analogy I think of when trying to understand the nature/nurture conundrum...

some people are born with visible, physical abnormalities (missing a toe, etc.)....

I also think people can be born having the incorrect brain wiring... Or missing synapses... Or chemical imbalance... just as a physical abnormality... But one that is not seen... Yet has more dire effects on society as a whole....

Please note: THIS IS NOT AN EXCUSE FOR THE HORRIBLE BEHAVIOR!
(It is just a way to try to understand the behaviors...)

all... JMO

You do?! Could this be why we are both so obsessed with the pooping jogger thread? (sorry, couldn't resist :biggrin: )

Y'all are awesome.

Back to Jenise, who knows when GG might have struck next. I've noticed Clue, you are really curious about the possibility of him committing crimes in the past.

I forgot to look---does his description match the attempted abduction I posted way upstream? (*reminder that ARS attacked an adult female jogger unsuccessfully in the months preceding the abduction of Jessica; he obviously later went for a younger, "weaker" victim.)

When I watched the video of GG with the kid hitting the punching bag, my first thought was that he looked stoned. Kinda makes me wonder if he may have been on something when he first saw JPW. Not thinking with a clear mind, he could have done some inappropriate things which progressed to the rape. Then he sees she is visibly hurt and panics and kills her.
Honestly, based on that ask SM site, I would have guessed he was just a normal kid. And he seems a lot smarter than the actions that he took to cover up the crime, which is another reason I was thinking he was on drugs. It doesn't exactly fit with the whole athlete thing, but it's possible.

There are 67 guests here! I would love to hear your perspectives and ideas, guests!!
Well, I'm not technically a guest but I am a very recent member, so I feel like a guest. :) I'm hesitant to speculate much because I can see that many, many websleuthers are far more informed on this case than I am. And of course the nature of what was done to Jenise is almost unspeakable. So I'm going to try to choose my words carefully.

My feeling is that this crime was an impulsive one. Certainly GG may have thought about it before, or even often, but the clumsy disposal of Jenise's body suggests to me that this wasn't preplanned, or at least sexual assault followed by murder was not necessarily his original intent. Had he planned on killing her, it seems likely he would have prepared his vehicle and/or his bedroom accordingly. I'm guessing he used his opportunity to be alone with her to initiate some sort of physical contact. This is not meant to impugn Jenise in any way, but he may have believed, or wanted to believe, that she would reciprocate. The situation obviously escalated, and he felt compelled to kill her to silence her. I'm stating that in brief because I don't want to speculate on the sequence of events during the commission of the crime.

Since GG doesn't seem to have raised red flags as being a sexual sadist, I think that he was shocked and horrified by what he had done (I'm not saying he was remorseful), so he concealed the body while he cleaned up and gathered his composure - I believe there was some mention that lividity indicated her body had rested for some short period of time before being moved for disposal. A more experienced offender would have used his vehicle to transport her body farther away, but GG was probably panicking. He moved the body to where it was eventually found, concealed it in the mud, and put the pallet over it in a further attempt at concealment. The strap may have been tossed onto the pallet as a bit of site dressing, a way to make the pallet look like it had been there awhile. I can't explain why he kept incriminating evidence in his house, but to me this too suggests an offender who wasn't thinking clearly owing to the gravity of what he'd done. His post-incident behavior with regards to LE suggests he was using primitive defense mechanisms ("too upset to talk") to forestall the inevitable.

I hope none of this suggests that I am minimizing what GG has done, as I have no sympathy at all for a person who would do something like this. It just feels like a crime of opportunity to me.

One more thing, this is a good example of why all parents need to be really careful about having teenagers/male friends of your sons, etc spend the night, especially if there are younger siblings in the house, jmo. I know that there are many great kids/people out there, and GG is probably one in who knows how many, but we all have to be really, really careful about whom we bring into our homes.

I have a question: a few people have posted that the Wright's home only had two bedrooms -- one for the parents, one for the kids. Does anyone know if this is fact or not?

Thank you.

I am sure this is just a redundant statement from others that have posted but, I also believe that once LE arrived at GG’s home to collect DNA, they already knew the truth…..so they just let him wallow in the horror he had created for a little longer. They knew where he was and there were plenty of eyes on him … he was not going anywhere at that point.

I also wanted to say something about teenage boys and younger girls. I have 3 boys that are all now young men. Through the years they had plenty of friends with younger sisters and younger sisters with lots of friends. It was ALWAYS understood in our home that at NO time would these young girls be allowed to be in any area with my sons or their friends that was not in a group setting and most preferably a parent present. Younger girls get infatuated with “older” brothers and brother’s friends sometimes and that infatuation can go to a young man’s head…even a very good young man who would NEVER do anything like this monster did. I just never wanted any questions in my household regarding my sons or their friends that could arise because of a “closed door”, etc. Unfortunately, GG is a deviant and he was going to hurt someone one day, I am just so sorry it was this sweet, beautiful baby girl that I think could have been a little more protected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member