Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He assaulted her in his car. This is why no one heard or saw anything. The items placed on top of the pallet were taken from that car in order to weigh down the pallet. The strap could very well be what was used to strangle her.

IMO.

I just re-read the PC and a strap was the only thing placed on top of the pallet. The wording is ambiguous but read it again with emphasis on the "and/or"

I also think she was assaulted somewhere other than the woods, I supect the van as well.

:Welcome1: to WS

I agree that it was an impulsive act, one that resulted in her murder.

Well, I'm not technically a guest but I am a very recent member, so I feel like a guest. :) I'm hesitant to speculate much because I can see that many, many websleuthers are far more informed on this case than I am. And of course the nature of what was done to Jenise is almost unspeakable. So I'm going to try to choose my words carefully.

My feeling is that this crime was an impulsive one. Certainly GG may have thought about it before, or even often, but the clumsy disposal of Jenise's body suggests to me that this wasn't preplanned, or at least sexual assault followed by murder was not necessarily his original intent. Had he planned on killing her, it seems likely he would have prepared his vehicle and/or his bedroom accordingly. I'm guessing he used his opportunity to be alone with her to initiate some sort of physical contact. This is not meant to impugn Jenise in any way, but he may have believed, or wanted to believe, that she would reciprocate. The situation obviously escalated, and he felt compelled to kill her to silence her. I'm stating that in brief because I don't want to speculate on the sequence of events during the commission of the crime.

Since GG doesn't seem to have raised red flags as being a sexual sadist, I think that he was shocked and horrified by what he had done (I'm not saying he was remorseful), so he concealed the body while he cleaned up and gathered his composure - I believe there was some mention that lividity indicated her body had rested for some short period of time before being moved for disposal. A more experienced offender would have used his vehicle to transport her body farther away, but GG was probably panicking. He moved the body to where it was eventually found, concealed it in the mud, and put the pallet over it in a further attempt at concealment. The strap may have been tossed onto the pallet as a bit of site dressing, a way to make the pallet look like it had been there awhile. I can't explain why he kept incriminating evidence in his house, but to me this too suggests an offender who wasn't thinking clearly owing to the gravity of what he'd done. His post-incident behavior with regards to LE suggests he was using primitive defense mechanisms ("too upset to talk") to forestall the inevitable.

I hope none of this suggests that I am minimizing what GG has done, as I have no sympathy at all for a person who would do something like this. It just feels like a crime of opportunity to me.

To vasportsmom - hope u feel better real soon!

Sunday, August 3, (21:53 hours) - 911 call came in - LE arrived at residence 22:34
Jenise's father, JW, told LE that he last saw Jenise in bed at 22:00 hours on August 2.
According to JW, on August 3 at 07:00 hours, Jenise was not at home.
Even though unusual for her to go out so early in the morning, JW figured she left the house to play.
At 20:30 hours (8:30 p.m.), J's siblings began looking around the neighborhood and knocking on doors to find Jenise.
After another hour and twenty-three minutes had passed, someone dialed 911 to report Jenise missing.

Monday, August 4 - LE went to GG's residence and found him at home with his mother and stepfather.
They explained that GG was too upset at the moment to really speak to LE or to give a DNA sample.
Mother asked LE to come back later.
GG's stepfather told LE that GG was home all weekend.

The search and rescue team found a pair of little girl's underwear (size 5) while searching the southeast perimeter of the Steele Creek mobile home park along with a pair of young girl's shorts.
Both had red stains on them. A quick test confirmed the stains were blood.

Wednesday, August 6 - The crime lab confirmed the blood was Jenise's and collected semen from the underwear as well.

Thursday, August 7 - At 11:00 hours, a body of a deceased child was discovered 15 to 20 feet away from where Jenise's shorts were found.
The body was almost entirely submerged in mud bog adjacent to the trailer park.
The mud was three to four feet deep.
There was a small pallet on top of the mud and a strap* was discovered there too
(*belonging to some kind of nylon bag, duffle, suitcase or laptop bag).

Friday, August 8 - The body was identified and confirmed to be Jenise.
She suffered blunt force trauma causing multiple skull fractures, vaginal tearing and genital trauma, signs of strangulation by ligature.
Lividity on the abdominal area and back indicate her body was moved 1/2 to 3 hours after death.

LE returned to GG's residence and collected his DNA sample.
GG was emotionally upset and could hardly get out of bed.
GG leaned up against a wall while LE was there.
GG's mother mentioned to LE that GG displayed similar behavior when her sister, GG's aunt, died.
LE noted the residence is two mobile homes west of the wooded trail access to where Jenise's body had been found.

Saturday, August 9 - Washington State Patrol Crime Lab made a DNA match to a male profile from the stain found on the front of the underwear.

The same day, blood stained underwear, blood and mud stained shirt and blood stained shorts and bloody towel were all found in GG's bedroom.

GG was arrested and brought to the jail at 14:50 on Saturday.

Sunday, August 10 - GG was jailed at 12:30 a.m.
Charged with two counts of murder in the first degree and one count of rape of a child in the first degree*

Probable Cause Statement*
https://tribkcpq.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/gaeta_gabriel_141007866_prelim.pdf

So, I am still catching up from the new posts from last night, but I wanted to mention something, before I forget. The thing that strikes me as odd after looking at this timeline is that he was completely devastated and distraught before they even knew she was no longer alive??? SEEEERIOUS red flag, even for mama, I would think. If he acted that way after his aunt passed, it is not even similar to a girl who often runs around a neighborhood and hasn't been seen in a day. Most people were probably not in crying hysterics quite yet... except him.

(o/t, some of the circumstances relating to the forensic evidence in this case reminds me OJ---unbelievable he was found not guilty)

Do we know who made the 911 call? I recall seeing in the comments on the King5 FB that this lady posted it was her son who made the call, but for the life of me, I cannot remember her name. Did anyone else see that?

As mentioned upstream, I have no doubt there will be all kinds of really sick *advertiser censored* on GG's computer.

I also think there must be some anonymous SM we have not discovered.

I am sure this is just a redundant statement from others that have posted but, I also believe that once LE arrived at GG’s home to collect DNA, they already knew the truth…..so they just let him wallow in the horror he had created for a little longer. They knew where he was and there were plenty of eyes on him … he was not going anywhere at that point.

I also wanted to say something about teenage boys and younger girls. I have 3 boys that are all now young men. Through the years they had plenty of friends with younger sisters and younger sisters with lots of friends. It was ALWAYS understood in our home that at NO time would these young girls be allowed to be in any area with my sons or their friends that was not in a group setting and most preferably a parent present. Younger girls get infatuated with “older” brothers and brother’s friends sometimes and that infatuation can go to a young man’s head…even a very good young man who would NEVER do anything like this monster did. I just never wanted any questions in my household regarding my sons or their friends that could arise because of a “closed door”, etc. Unfortunately, GG is a deviant and he was going to hurt someone one day, I am just so sorry it was this sweet, beautiful baby girl that I think could have been a little more protected.

Last interview I saw, they had no idea until they got the DNA match.

Here's another thought I had while reading GG's posts online----he does not appear be as "dumb" to me as I thought he might be.

Seems to be an inexperienced perp---we all know how these perps improve their methods over time. Had he gotten away this crime, he might have been much more sophisticated in his techniques the next time around.

I'm still trying to figure out the logistics of this duffle bag thing, being that it was not his duffle bag, and how this element possibly relates to the aspect of premeditation.

If you read the last 2 paragraphs on page 6, seems to me like he was trying to play games with LE during the interview, apparently not aware that when they left the room they were watching him. Seems like someone pretty cunning and sociopathic to me, IMO

http://media.bonnint.net/seattle/12/1288/128836.pdf

I agree Layzee. I think he also had his mother snow jobbed with the "I'm too upset to talk to police/give DNA sample" bit.

Question, sorry if this has already been answered, so many posts here---

Why was this guy even eligible for bail? I mean, if he was somehow able to come up with the money, he'd be out of jail? I don't get it, tia.

It also would not surprise me if he brought her back to his residence. jmo

Question, sorry if this has already been answered, so many posts here---

Why was this guy even eligible for bail? I mean, if he was somehow able to come up with the money, he'd be out of jail? I don't get it, tia.

Yes, he is eligible for bail.

o/t I have question abut dna, my son's dna was checked to rule out possible fathers. ( I guess I have to say my adopted son to make since, but I never say that) it was checked when he was a year old cheek swab, are those kept in the data base for later years.

Why is there speculation about Jenise having on pj's or not? Didn't she get up early Sunday morning and start roaming the MHP? Wouldn't she have put on clothes or perhaps slept in the clothes she had on Sat.? I'm sure her parents or siblings know what she wore to bed, don't they? Seems by the timeline JW has given, GG was with Jenise sometime on Sunday. (or somehow managed to lure or remove her from the MH during Sat. night or Sun. morn) Was she actually seen by anyone on Sunday? If so, he must have raped and killed her after that and somehow, without being seen, removed her from wherever the crime scene is. Must have been before her family noticed they hadn't seen or heard from her for almost 24 hrs. After 8:30 pm Sunday there was knocking on doors, calling Jenises' name, etc. Police there shortly after 10pm. Seems improbable that he carried her body to its final resting place during daylight hours....or, after dark on Sunday when the whole place was crawling with activity by residents and LE. I wonder if we'll ever know?

When I watched the video of GG with the kid hitting the punching bag, my first thought was that he looked stoned. Kinda makes me wonder if he may have been on something when he first saw JPW. Not thinking with a clear mind, he could have done some inappropriate things which progressed to the rape. Then he sees she is visibly hurt and panics and kills her.
Honestly, based on that ask SM site, I would have guessed he was just a normal kid. And he seems a lot smarter than the actions that he took to cover up the crime, which is another reason I was thinking he was on drugs. It doesn't exactly fit with the whole athlete thing, but it's possible.

Has it been verified that actually is him the video (sitting in the corner)? Or is that just speculation? Just wondering.

So, I am still catching up from the new posts from last night, but I wanted to mention something, before I forget. The thing that strikes me as odd after looking at this timeline is that he was completely devastated and distraught before they even knew she was no longer alive??? SEEEERIOUS red flag, even for mama, I would think. If he acted that way after his aunt passed, it is not even similar to a girl who often runs around a neighborhood and hasn't been seen in a day. Most people were probably not in crying hysterics quite yet... except him.

OMG. You are right!! Great catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member