Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #9 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. And just so people are clear, the fire and vandalism did not take place in steele creek mhp. It was in a residential area a few miles away.

Thank you again, CrazyKat, for pointing this out since I am far away from your town and not sure how close it was from the park. Also wanted to stop in and send prayers for calm in this case. My heart goes out to all in your neighborhood as well as to the immediate victims in this case.

Like others, I too want to know what made a seemingly normal teen commit this type of assault and murder on a child.

Is no one thinking that he may have experienced sexual abuse as a child? His family seems nice (from what I gather on facebook, neighbor comments, video of Mom). But we have no idea what he may have been exposed to in the past. Another thing that has piqued my interest in his home life; Jim Wright says he "mentored" GG. My eyebrows traveled into my hair line when I heard that, but I won't get into it now.

That makes it sound like something was not right in his home. Feeding him, showing him how to cut wood to make money, "taking him in". Why did GG need that outside of his own home and family life?

This could be WAY off base, but when I was in high school, most of the wrestlers also participated in other sports. It was a small school, which is a part of the explanation, but the other part had to do with the insinuations made by other students that wrestlers must be "gay" because they enjoy rolling around clutching other men, etc. I have a hard time thinking that a boy who had been molested by a man would even CONSIDER wrestling as a sport, because he'd be doubting his own sexuality, and the physical closeness with other males might bring back traumatic memory. So until we know otherwise, I would venture to say that GG was NOT abused by any man, including JW's dad.

MOOOOOO

I don't know how anyone can interpret what JW is quoted as saying any other way. And, why are they guarding a grown man and trying to minimize his words? Really, really, really bothers me. Whitewashing, why?

I feel like this is a major problem in our culture right now. Minimizing. I'm not sure where it comes from, but I kind of think it has to do with the way we honor the individual (a good thing) and don't like to pass judgment (also good)--but I kind of think that we as a culture/society have lost some of the art of discernment. It's a tight-rope to walk. I mean we want to be accepting of each person's uniqueness and give people the benefit of the doubt for sure, and yet I think being able to recognize when someone is "off" is a very important thing to stay safe. How many people minimized GG's behavior over the years as just normal teen behavior? I don't believe that there weren't red flags. I think people just minimized every sign and explained it away as a variation on normal. I think trusting your gut and registering things that seem "Off" is healthy and not just being judgmental. You don't need to jump to conclusions, but it's good to file it away.

I have a narcissistic mother who has been "off" her whole life and abusive and has lost a ton of relationships, but she's still surrounded by people who make excuses for her. I think there's some kind of intersection in our culture between wanting to value each individual and inadvertently enabling disturbed behavior. JMO!!

Here is my new thought for the day--- seems like each day I have one! Not sure that is such a good thing! :)

Since it was noted that he was too upset to take the hooooorrible DNA swab that 1st request, is that safe to assume that all of the other males in the house agreed?? He has brothers and a step father that live there. That household knew something was up! Everyone else did it, it literally takes 2 seconds. While you are crying with your mouth open, let me stick a q-tip in there and get my job done. He likely caused more attention and more quick action by refusing the first request.

Done! Be back with another thought tomorrow, maybe! :)

Not to mention that the swabs from relatives might have pointed to him.

This could be WAY off base, but when I was in high school, most of the wrestlers also participated in other sports. It was a small school, which is a part of the explanation, but the other part had to do with the insinuations made by other students that wrestlers must be "gay" because they enjoy rolling around clutching other men, etc. I have a hard time thinking that a boy who had been molested by a man would even CONSIDER wrestling as a sport, because he'd be doubting his own sexuality, and the physical closeness with other males might bring back traumatic memory. So until we know otherwise, I would venture to say that GG was NOT abused by any man, including JW's dad. MOOOOOO

Sometimes victims of sexual abuse can act out in the opposite way of what you would expect. For instance, many young girls who are sexually abused will go on to be hypersexual. There is also the phenomenon of "re-enacting" the abuse by putting yourself in the same kind of situation over and over again. I was abused by my stepfather and stepbrother and this is what I did. :(

It's very common, actually.

So, I don't think that the fact that he wrestles means he probably wasn't abused.

I don't get the feeling they were the type of family to all sit around the dinner table very often.

ETA: and before anyone reads into my post that I'm bashing the victims family, I am not. For my family, summer time is less scheduled than during the school year. We don't have 'sit down at the family table' dinners very much during the summer.

I was basing my assertion on the remark that she did not come home for dinner. If they did not eat dinner as a family, that remark doesn't seem to make sense.

This could be WAY off base, but when I was in high school, most of the wrestlers also participated in other sports. It was a small school, which is a part of the explanation, but the other part had to do with the insinuations made by other students that wrestlers must be "gay" because they enjoy rolling around clutching other men, etc. I have a hard time thinking that a boy who had been molested by a man would even CONSIDER wrestling as a sport, because he'd be doubting his own sexuality, and the physical closeness with other males might bring back traumatic memory. So until we know otherwise, I would venture to say that GG was NOT abused by any man, including JW's dad.

MOOOOOO

There was not this culture in my VERY conservative, bible belt schools. I don't recall any bullying of wrestlers. But, you make a point and I get it.

With that said, not everyone reacts the same to trauma like molestation. I know people who were molested and have grown to seek attention from the same type of person that molested them. I know people who can't be touched by the person of the gender who molested them. I have met people whose relationships or dealings with people were not impacted by the molestation, and it's more of an internal blaming. I could go on and on about the different reactions. (For reference, I worked at an advocacy center dealing with severe sexual abuse.) I don't think the fact that he wrestles proves or disproves anything, at all. Trauma manifests in all different ways. In fact, one way it manifests in a person, can be that they desire to do everything normally to shield their trauma from everyone around. Or, they desire to gain affirmation and acceptance by their abuser, especially in the case of a parent or close person.

He came from a family of wrestlers, so he didn't just seek out tangling with dudes. He grew up being around it, and it only makes sense he would enter it himself. He didn't wake up one day and decide to be a wrestler. There could have been a family expectation, or simply a person desire to do what his family did. That is not surprising. We need to be very, very careful in dismissing abuse based on the hobbies of a person. (Not that I would ever defend this monster, I am speaking more in general terms.) To add, why would we assume he would have been molested by a man? Women are just as capable of molesting.

I dont think my parents have every said but I know my siblings have set it more than once about me. the baby is always considered the "the spoiled brat. heck, I am 44 years old and they still tell my parents i am the spoiled brat. I have 4 older sister, the oldest one being 15 years older. we all get along just fine.

Many of us understand sibling rivalries, the "spoiled brat" angle, etc., and yet when it comes down to it, always "get along" and "support", etc. My point is more to the mind of this perp, his perception and interpretation of the 'face value' of siblings and friends rank bantering. Was it the same with his siblings? Did they rank banter? Was he always the target of sibling bantering or was he an equal participant?

According to known reports GG did not show out with sociopathic disorder, so what was is it in GG that enabled him to do what he is accused of doing, and to have done it to such an ugly degree (sexual assault, strangulation and blunt-force attack and eventual 'burial') and to someone whom is considered a family friend? It seems to indicate a very personal attack, beyond "sexual desire". And it appears to be overkill if it was simply attention jealousy. It leaves one aspect: abuse. Was GG abused? If so, by whom?

I have to end that speculation at this point for obvious reasons.

Oh, and one more thing... my sweet little 5 1/2 year old boy still needs to hold my hand to go to sleep. He's not old enough to be on his own for any amount of time. The law says so! If I leave him home alone, I will go to jail. Unless you have someone designated to be responsible for your young child, you are held responsible. It is not bashing anyone, it is law. It is not a matter of opinion, it is law!

So precious. These types of moments are what fondly stay with me long after my DD reached adulthood and she has these wonderful memories of her childhood to cherish as well.

There was not this culture in my VERY conservative, bible belt schools. I don't recall any bullying of wrestlers. But, you make a point and I get it.

With that said, not everyone reacts the same to trauma like molestation. I know people who were molested and have grown to seek attention from the same type of person that molested them. I know people who can't be touched by the person of the gender who molested them. I have met people whose relationships or dealings with people were not impacted by the molestation, and it's more of an internal blaming. I could go on and on about the different reactions. (For reference, I worked at an advocacy center dealing with severe sexual abuse.) I don't think the fact that he wrestles proves or disproves anything, at all. Trauma manifests in all different ways. In fact, one way it manifests in a person, can be that they desire to do everything normally to shield their trauma from everyone around. Or, they desire to gain affirmation and acceptance by their abuser, especially in the case of a parent or close person.

He came from a family of wrestlers, so he didn't just seek out tangling with dudes. He grew up being around it, and it only makes sense he would enter it himself. He didn't wake up one day and decide to be a wrestler. There could have been a family expectation, or simply a person desire to do what his family did. That is not surprising. We need to be very, very careful in dismissing abuse based on the hobbies of a person. (Not that I would ever defend this monster, I am speaking more in general terms.) To add, why would we assume he would have been molested by a man? Women are just as capable of molesting.

Wondering also if he was abused if wrestling not only made him like his older brothers and was probably expected but may have also given him power (for the first time?).

Nooksack Nation has promised to assist the mom & dad relocate to Bellingham to facilitate visitation (am guessing that means temporary accommodation etc) which is really great.

''The Bellingham Herald. "The Nooksack Tribal Council, the Nooksack Law Enforcement, the Nooksack Tribal Family Services and Social Services Departments are doing all they can to provide support and resources to the family of Jenise."

Read more here: http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2014/08/12/3798265/slain-girls-mother-is-a-member.html#storylink=cpy

Thank you for the link. I had wondered myself why they were not residing in tribal housing. idk about their area, but our tribal housing is quite nice and the neighborhoods are good rent is reasonable. It was just something I had been tossing around in my head; was it due to the list being long or housing being limited; not that it matters at this point.

Just my own observations and opinion. (please don't jump on me).

Exactly! You never get back to normal. Healing though is do able.

Agreed Tulessa. An unfortunate person once asked when the hell I was going to "get over it." I looked them right in the eye and said, which one of your children would you get over so easily if they died? How quickly could you get over them?

You never get over it, but you do your best to get through it.

Sorry for the O/T sometimes these threads bring things back.

Like others, I too want to know what made a seemingly normal teen commit this type of assault and murder on a child.

Is no one thinking that he may have experienced sexual abuse as a child? His family seems nice (from what I gather on facebook, neighbor comments, video of Mom). But we have no idea what he may have been exposed to in the past. Another thing that has piqued my interest in his home life; Jim Wright says he "mentored" GG. My eyebrows traveled into my hair line when I heard that, but I won't get into it now.

That makes it sound like something was not right in his home. Feeding him, showing him how to cut wood to make money, "taking him in". Why did GG need that outside of his own home and family life?

Chiming in late but I also wonder if GG was a victim himself. Sexual abuse can be such an ugly cycle. It doesn't necessarily have to take place in the home; anyone that has the opportunity to spend time alone with a child can groom them. If GG felt abandoned after his parents' divorce it probably wouldn't have been difficult at all to work your way into his life especially if you could provide him with something that he was missing or wanted.

This case is just so heartbreaking. It reminds me of Cherish's in that it took the death of a beautiful little girl to force the monster out of hiding and ensure that her beloved siblings were safe.

My mum says we all spoil my younger sis (the baby) and we do she's 23 now I'm 27 my mum calls her the little brat affectionately.

Thank you for the link. I had wondered myself why they were not residing in tribal housing. idk about their area, but our tribal housing is quite nice and the neighborhoods are good rent is reasonable. It was just something I had been tossing around in my head; was it due to the list being long or housing being limited; not that it matters at this point.

Just my own observations and opinion. (please don't jump on me).

The tribal housing is very, very limited here. We have a lot of people who do not live in tribal housing, because their children go to schools in the community and the distance from housing to schools was very difficult. Also, if the parents worked outside of the home, the housing can be far from their jobs. The mother is part of the tribe, not the father, so they might have compromised on living areas. I don't know about there like I said, but it's really not that plentiful here. Just in a very quick web search (so don't take me as fact, lol!) there is not a whole lot near where they live.

:modstop:

Do not tell other members how to post. Use the alert feature if there are questionable posts. If you don't want to use the alert feature and instead want to tell others what do post - or respond to those who tell others what to post - you will end up on the outside looking in without warning.

As for the graphic nature of this crime - please use links for facts and warn that your discussion may be considered graphic. Be as discrete as possible with your posts please. This IS a crime forum and details about the crime may be discussed, but using finesse at the same time will help your fellow posters deal with the horrific details.

Bumping :bump:

(o/t, speaking of supervision, etc---it bothers me bc my friend lets his small boys ride around on their bikes unsupervised (ages 5 and 8).)

When I was raising my daughter, for the most part, I was a stay at home Mom. One day, a neighborhood kid walked in my house and announced "my Mom said to come here until she got out of work". I never had met this woman, or ever had a conversation about caring for her son, but apparently, she knew enough about me to know I most likely would be home in the afternoon..... As well, I threw a birthday party for my daughter, invitations said 2-4 pm. There were two kids who were left after the party was long over-- no calls from either parents to let me know why they were delayed. One strolled in two hours late, the other, three hours after party over. So sad for those kids. They clearly were wondering where were their Moms.

The tribal housing is very, very limited here. We have a lot of people who do not live in tribal housing, because their children go to schools in the community and the distance from housing to schools was very difficult. Also, if the parents worked outside of the home, the housing can be far from their jobs. The mother is part of the tribe, not the father, so they might have compromised on living areas. I don't know about there like I said, but it's really not that plentiful here. Just in a very quick web search (so don't take me as fact, lol!) there is not a whole lot near where they live.

Yes, I could see that being an issue. The main reason I wondered was due to their small living quarters - which has little / nothing to do with this case. I hope they find a way to heal as a family.

Sorry to sidetrack -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member