Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #9 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be WAY off base, but when I was in high school, most of the wrestlers also participated in other sports. It was a small school, which is a part of the explanation, but the other part had to do with the insinuations made by other students that wrestlers must be "gay" because they enjoy rolling around clutching other men, etc. I have a hard time thinking that a boy who had been molested by a man would even CONSIDER wrestling as a sport, because he'd be doubting his own sexuality, and the physical closeness with other males might bring back traumatic memory. So until we know otherwise, I would venture to say that GG was NOT abused by any man, including JW's dad.

MOOOOOO

Think again.

GASTONIA, N.C. - A Gaston County jury has found a former high school wrestling coach guilty of sex charges involving former team members.

Following weeks of testimony, and deliberations which began on Tuesday, Goins was found guilty on 17 of the 20 counts of committing sex acts on children.

The 46-year-old Goins was accused of committing sex crimes against three former wrestling team members between 1998 and 2004.

During testimony, three men told stories of molestation and sex acts they say happened at their homes, Goins' apartment, on wrestling trips and at the high school.

Goins testified on his own behalf, and his attorney noted in his closing argument how the coach admitted he'd made some bad decisions and apologized. Goins said he never had any sexual contact with his athletes.

http://www.wncn.com/story/26263938/former-nc-wrestling-coach-convicted-on-sex-charges

Nothing like painting with a broad brush! Kids and wrestling....Really?? <modsnip>

Nothing like painting with a broad brush! Kids and wrestling....Really?? <modsnip>

I'm not sure who you're responding to, but my reason for posting the link above was to show that sexual abuse and wrestling aren' mutually exclusive.

I'm not sure who you're responding to, but my reason for posting the link above was to show that sexual abuse and wrestling aren' mutually exclusive.

Sorry...didn't reply with quote feature. My reply was to the post talking about the kids at school thinking wrestlers were gay because they liked contact with other guys....kids painting with a broad brush....seeing almost everything as sexual....can't find the post again to add to this. Soooooo....I'll just shut up. :silenced:

I agree with you. The wrestlers at my high school had their pick of the girls, me included. Lol...too many years ago to think about.

However, if a young man who has been sexually abused by an adult male and was also expected to wrestle as a family tradition? I could see potential psychological conflict there. In fact, he might get really angry on the mat attempting to work out that conflict in his head.

Just thinking out loud...

The words 'It wasn't right" are sticking in my brain.

What wasn't right? What happened to Jenise? Somthing that happened to him?

What??

I think Gabe was sexually abused. And the chances of him having told anyone were exactly between slim to none. He came from a family of athletic men. He wouldn't have told because in his mind it pointed to homosexual behavior. He would have been deeply ashamed. Which festered into rage. Which led to all of this.

My only question is who did it to him, when it all started and how Jenise came to be involved. I also think he's going to spill it all eventually.

JMO>

Isn't Jenise's memorial tomorrow? Will the family be allowed to attend together? As much as I dislike J&D, her siblings deserve to have their parents for comfort as they say goodbye to her [modsnip].

Has there been any indication at all that GG was sexually abused himself? I'm having a difficult time understanding the need to mitigate this monster's evilness.

If evidence does arise that he was indeed abused himself I will then take that into account. Until said time to me he is just a disgusting child rapist and killer that was sneaky enough to hide his proclivities from others

Isn't Jenise's memorial tomorrow? Will the family be allowed to attend together? As much as I dislike J&W, her siblings deserve to have their parents for comfort as they say goodbye to her (barring something horrible that we don't know about).
...think you mean J & D (?)

Has there been any indication at all that GG was sexually abused himself? I'm having a difficult time understanding the need to mitigate this monster's evilness.

If evidence does arise that he was indeed abused himself I will then take that into account. Until said time to me he is just a disgusting child rapist and killer that was sneaky enough to hide his proclivities from others

Not trying to mitigate, trying to make sense.

I was thinking yesterday, at some point in history there had to be a "person zero" who was the first pedo. And that indicates, to me, that there must be some psychological anomaly or physical/genetic something. It's quite possible that GG was never abused, had a great family and social life and something went or was haywire within him. This will be a fascinating trial if a trial occurs.

This could be WAY off base, but when I was in high school, most of the wrestlers also participated in other sports. It was a small school, which is a part of the explanation, but the other part had to do with the insinuations made by other students that wrestlers must be "gay" because they enjoy rolling around clutching other men, etc. I have a hard time thinking that a boy who had been molested by a man would even CONSIDER wrestling as a sport, because he'd be doubting his own sexuality, and the physical closeness with other males might bring back traumatic memory. So until we know otherwise, I would venture to say that GG was NOT abused by any man, including JW's dad.

MOOOOOO

He was in football as well.

He had two older super star brothers who were wrestlers. He was probably following in their footsteps.

Austin Sigg?

I thought he was bullied not popular. And I remember something about he had already been ordered to get help for child *advertiser censored* because it was such a problem and had an interest in decomposing bodies :(.

Not saying GG couldn't have been the same and everyone is lying to protect him but I personally doubt it and was wondering if there have been other teenage sexual killers that presented similiar to GG. It seems most teenagers can't hide that something is off with them. Even sexual killers that waited until adulthood to commit those acts seemed okay while adults had childhood and teen years that were huge signs of what was to come, imo. And the close living quarters in that park and the very thin walls should have shown more than a few clues that he was at least heavily struggling with something.

He attempted to abduct or rape an adult and that didn't work. She fought him off. People also thought he was strange. I don't remember any case (aside from the one where the student murdered the teacher recently...I'm sorry, I don't remember his name...) where his peers thought he seemed pretty normal and then he raped and murdered. Of course, that's just in my recent memory...I'm sure it's happened.

I find it a bit odd that no one has come forward with a creepy story, other than the random and very vague warning the lady supposedly gave. My guess, is they are being interviewed by the police, or there aren't many.

ETA: If anyone remembers cases of boys who did this in their presumed first crime, please tell us! It's always interesting too look at similar cases, I would be really curious!

BBM

Ryan Brunn/Jorelys Rivera. He passed background check to work as a maintenance man at the apartment complex (Keys to every apartment and the vacant ones!) It came out after he was arrested, confessed, and after he was sentenced, that he had molested a child relative, but it had been sealed, as he was a juvenile at the time.

The mother of the (past) molested child, nor the child who was molested, spoke up to the media in the first days or weeks since Ryan Brunn was arrested (Understandably!) They still have never spoken out on it. LE simply released the generic information after his sentencing.

All of his family spoke up for him, he'd never harm a child, he loves children. (Did they not know about the molestation of the child relative?) I don't think his mom ever said a word on TV or in print. He had friends who also said it was impossible. People he hung out with stood up for him.

Only hours after Brunn's arrest his brother, Connor Brunn, spoke out in his defense.

"Ryan is my brother, and I just think he's innocent," Connor told 11Alive's Doug Richards Wednesday afternoon. "There's just no way that he would do something like this."

"This is just a big mistake," he added. "I just honestly think this is a big set-up."

Another brother, Steven Brunn, spoke with the Associated Press Wednesday night. He said Ryan "is great with kids" and has no criminal record.

^^ Except he did. Molestation. As a juvenile.

http://canton.11alive.com/news/news/92865-canton-jorelys-rivera-memorialized-saturday

One ex neighbor went on the record and spoke up.

"We have had several instances where some questionable things have happened," said Brittany Partin, who also lives next door. "There's just been several things where we were caught off guard but we didn't know what to do."

In one example, Partin said Brunn punched his family dog in the face.

This one ex-neighbor spoke up after he was arrested ....but she lived an hour away from where RB was living at the time of the crime.

Family members and Brunn's public defender say he is innocent.

Brian Staples, whose brother is married to Brunn's sister, said Brunn is outgoing and friendly, not the socially awkward, quiet maintenance man that residents at the apartment complex described.

He said Brunn is "into helping people, not hurting people."

BiB is Interesting to note

http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/archives/60284/

One resident at the complex where Jorelys was sexually assaulted and killed said this:

"He said, and I quote, 'It would be really easy for someone to break in and do something to one of these children,'" Johnson-Coker told HLN Wednesday.

"I did talk to him on a daily basis and he seemed like a relatively nice guy. He wasn't socially awkward. He didn't seem to have any type of anger issue. He seemed like a regular, decent person who worked there to make a living just like anybody else," she said. "The statement at the time did not shock me. I did not think anything odd about it."

http://archive.firstcoastnews.com/n...st-Made-in-Death-of-7-year-old-Jorelys-Rivera

After hearing what the climate is like in the very tight-knit community, I can't blame ANYONE for not speaking out on the record for or against anyone. And I'm assuming, as these things go, the investigation is ongoing, up until it goes to trial. I'd be talking to the FBI/LE....and that's it regarding ANYTHING GG, JW, DW, Jenise, the other children, cars, Burger King.....anything!

I was thinking yesterday, at some point in history there had to be a "person zero" who was the first pedo. And that indicates, to me, that there must be some psychological anomaly or physical/genetic something. It's quite possible that GG was never abused, had a great family and social life and something went or was haywire within him. This will be a fascinating trial if a trial occurs.

I think it's the opposite. I think at some point in history someone decided there was a line to be drawn. Before that there was no line. And in some cultures there still isn't.

Excellent post and point ! ' person zero' !

While having a male perpetrator has been shown in some studies to increase the likelihood of a victim of child sexual abuse becoming a perpetrator later in life (Simons 2007), a number of studies have found conversely that for male victims, having a female perpetrator increases this likelihood (Glasser et al. 2001; Salter et al. 2003).

Simons D 2007. Understanding victimization among sexual abusers, in Prescott D (ed), Knowledge & practice: Challenges in the treatment and supervision of sexual abusers.

Salter A 2003. Predators: Pedophiles, rapists & other sex offenders: Who they are, how they operate, and how we can protect ourselves and our children. New York: Basic Books

Does anyone know what GG wrote on the banner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme