Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #9 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again folks, We are not going to discuss anybody's religion here. There have been several warnings on this topic. And, with an arrest of a suspect, it doesn't really serve to re-state your opinions of our victim's parents.

Here is my new thought for the day--- seems like each day I have one! Not sure that is such a good thing! :)

Since it was noted that he was too upset to take the hooooorrible DNA swab that 1st request, is that safe to assume that all of the other males in the house agreed?? He has brothers and a step father that live there. That household knew something was up! Everyone else did it, it literally takes 2 seconds. While you are crying with your mouth open, let me stick a q-tip in there and get my job done. He likely caused more attention and more quick action by refusing the first request.

Done! Be back with another thought tomorrow, maybe! :)

I have my own doubts as to the first question. Signs point to no one the second question in that he had to be ordered to stay away from other girls in the past according to the neighbor. I think he had strong pedophile tendencies and preteen girls were his preference. Clearly since all of the targets we've heard about were immediate neighbors, proximity played a big part in his targeting. I think he was just a garden-variety opportunistic pedophile, and while I'm sorry for Jenise, I'm grateful for how sloppy he was about the whole thing so that he can be taken out of society for good at such a young age. Had he succeeded, he could have been much more prolific. Of course, time may prove me wrong, maybe we'll find more victims coming out of the woodwork. I hope not.

I'm in line with your thinking. I would add that somewhere between being warned off the 11 year old two years ago and last week he developed a violent aspect to his sexual tendencies.

I agree. At six I never let my kids be in the front yard without me being outside too. But sometimes I would step inside to get something in the house and they were alone in the yard. But as they got older, I felt ok about letting them be outside with me being inside by the window, and then in time I was Ok with them just checking in with me while I did other things, or me getting up to look outside to see that they were at the neighbors. After a while, I let them be away at neighbors or in fields or green areas with their friends unsupervised. This was more like around age ten or eleven by now. I still worried, and still would talk to them about staying together, run if anyone starts approaching you, never go outside our neighborhood, that type of thing. But I knew it was not healthy to stare at them all day long. Evil can strike quickly. Look at the case of Somer Thompson or even Jaycee Dugard. Just took one moment to get them.

I guess I am saying that while I disapprove of letting a child have as much freedom as they gave Jenise, I can also see where this just evolved over time. Because she always came home, up until that day. She always made it home so they had no reason to think that the amount of freedom or supervision that she had the day before had not been enough, and so on, and so on. Her path to unsupervised time was accelerated. But in their minds, it was Ok because she always came home safe until that one time when she didn't.

And I think that Jenise having older siblings played into this as well. With your first children, the oldest ones, you are so strict and weary of what is out there for them. Once they make it to their later years safely, you tend to relax a bit with the younger ones.

I envision Jenise running around the neighborhood, playing, laughing, having a great time, feeling safe, knowing that her older brothers and sister can see her often and will come it get her if she's needed for something. She had a carefree childhood up to at point. It was summer, no school, she had loads of little friends to play with, older siblings looking out for her, the neighbors all looking out of her. No one could have known the evil that lived in that mobile home park. IMO

That trailer is tiny. It is hard to imagine that no one would notice if he came in the middle of the night.

And I imagine there would be a lot of things to navigate around in the middle of the night in the dark. After all, 6 people lived there with clothes, shoes, toys, furniture and what else?

True...does anyone know how close to Jenise's bed was a window? How big? I'm wondering about the possibility of him coming in though the bedroom window.

And I think that Jenise having older siblings played into this as well. With your first children, the oldest ones, you are no strict and weary of what is out there for them. Once they make it to their later years safely, you tend to relax a bit with the younger ones.

I envision Jenise running around the neighborhood, playing, laughing, having a great time, feeling safe, knowing that her older brothers and sister can see her often and will come it get her if she's needed for something. She had a carefree childhood up to at point. It was summer, no school, she had loads of little friends to play with, older siblings looking out for her, the neighbors all looking out of her. No one could have known the evil that lived in that mobile home park. IMO

BBM, agreed :(

Here is my new thought for the day--- seems like each day I have one! Not sure that is such a good thing! :)

Since it was noted that he was too upset to take the hooooorrible DNA swab that 1st request, is that safe to assume that all of the other males in the house agreed?? He has brothers and a step father that live there. That household knew something was up! Everyone else did it, it literally takes 2 seconds. While you are crying with your mouth open, let me stick a q-tip in there and get my job done. He likely caused more attention and more quick action by refusing the first request.

The brothers do not live there and have not for awhile. They are adults and live far away

If the family was sitting down for dinner, I can see a parent saying "Hey (insert name of sibling), go see if you can find your sister. Dinner is getting cold and she loves spaghetti (or whatever)."

I don't get the feeling they were the type of family to all sit around the dinner table very often.

ETA: and before anyone reads into my post that I'm bashing the victims family, I am not. For my family, summer time is less scheduled than during the school year. We don't have 'sit down at the family table' dinners very much during the summer.

His brothers are adults and don't live there...per social media.

Here's an article posted today. No real new info that I noticed, but the video embedded focuses on the reporter who interviewed GG's mother, with GG behind the wheel. It states she refused to give her name and shows her getting choked up, saying "go". (I think people were looking for this footage earlier)

Article

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ote-child-crying-made-smile-article-1.1903399

Embedded video

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/suspect-jenise-wrights-death-be-charged-adult/ngzSS/

Thank you so much for finding this:loveyou:

Several of us have been searching for this video

The teens who watched Jenise are feeling badly because they did not protect her.

I hope they receive excellent counseling to know it was not their job to watch her.

Responsibility like that on kids is not acceptable.

It has also occurs to me that a 6 year old that leaves the home and spends days/hours on end with neighbors, running around eating and sleeping at other's peoples homes and not returning, is a child who doesn't want to be at home.

She had an 8 year old sister...very close to her own age as a built-in playmate. That seems very odd to me.

I know what you're saying but I think that with 3 other sibs living at home, there may have been lots of competition for snacks, TV, games and space to play inside. I can see her wanting to be outside if it's nice out too. JMO

By the looks of it, no one could have predicted that there was a sociopathic 17 year old in the MHP. It seemed like a very safe place. Much safer than if she were in an urban area. That coupled with the presence of her older siblings, I don't understand the harping on her family here.

Before someone says "the neighbor warned him to stay away from her daughter" please note that i understand this but I think people always say things like that after the fact. THere is always one who is like "I knew he was a creep"

This has been discussed in the past few days. Some like you see the mentoring thing and it raises red flags but for me it does not. The dad JW has stated he is of the LDS faith and from what I know about people in that faith in general is, that they are generous with their time, food, and their word. It is part of their church culture, I think, based on what I have seen in kitsap county LDS wards. Especially not surprising to me in that the wrights have referred to GG as being like family or part of the family. So they would feed him, commune with him, share time with him, whether they saw something deficient in his personality or home life or not. "Family" is very important to the beliefs of someone in the LDS faith.
Your post just reminded me of something a good friend, who is LDS, told me several years ago. She said that in the LDS tradition, adults often are mentors (she used that specific word) to teens. She was a mentor to at least one teen girl at the time, which meant she'd take her shopping, to get her hair done, to watch movies, and be there if the teen needed to talk. So that explains (to me, anyway) Mr. Wright's use of that particular word.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdalyn View Post

Here's an article posted today. No real new info that I noticed, but the video embedded focuses on the reporter who interviewed GG's mother, with GG behind the wheel. It states she refused to give her name and shows her getting choked up, saying "go". (I think people were looking for this footage earlier)

Article

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1903399

Embedded video

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/susp...d-adult/ngzSS/

My heart goes out to that woman. She was emotional then, at the time the news man was asking her about Jenise's death. How much worse it has to be for her, knowing her own son was the one who killed her and will probably spend the rest of his life behind bars. No one wins in this. No one.

The teens who watched Jenise are feeling badly because they did not protect her.

I hope they receive excellent counseling to know it was not their job to watch her.

Responsibility like that on kids is not acceptable.

It was definitely not their responsibility. But in the community I grew up in, we all bled together. No one suffered alone. Everyone piles a piece of the blame onto their own back.

I know what you're saying but I think that with 3 other sibs living at home, there may have been lots of competition for snacks, TV, games and space to play inside. I can see her wanting to be outside if it's nice out too. JMO

I am thinking that she was probably way more mature than most 6 year olds having learned how to get along alone way too early. If she started at 3 years old. And even if she wasn't I am sure she thought she was, having been left to her own devices for quite a while. jmo

But didn't they wait over 24 hours (What was it, 26?) to report her...because she was known to be out? Even if she slept 12 hours, there is a whole half a day where no one saw her.

I don't think it's greatly exaggerated, because they waited a day to report her, because they were used to it. That sounds like a child who was almost never supervised, if it was not worrisome after hours and hours that she had not been seen or returned home.

ETA: "Her parents did not report her missing for nearly 24 hours because she had previously wandered the mobile home park with family members and friends."

I think the wording of "did not report her missing for 24 hours" is not really what happened. She was reported missing within a couple hours of the family realizing that no one in the family had heard from her all day. During those couple hours family went door to door which led to additional neighbors searching, which led to the missing child phone call. Whether parents made the call or a neighbor made the call does not matter too much to me in that the parents could have been crying and unable to speak at that point, or a neighbor might have just made the decision while parents were still frantically searching the neighborhood.

She was last seen 24 hours (plus or minus) prior to the missing child report.

So it is not that they waited 24 hours to file. They searched for a couple hours, then the call was made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member