Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #9 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the wording of "did not report her missing for 24 hours" is not really what happened. She was reported missing within a couple hours of the family realizing that no one in the family had heard from her all day. During those couple hours family went door to door which led to additional neighbors searching, which led to the missing child phone call. Whether parents made the call or a neighbor made the call does not matter too much to me in that the parents could have been crying and unable to speak at that point, or a neighbor might have just made the decision while parents were still frantically searching the neighborhood.

She was last seen 24 hours (plus or minus) prior to the missing child report.

So it is not that they waited 24 hours to file. They searched for a couple hours, then the call was made.

True...so, 22 hours before anyone started looking for her....

I think the wording of "did not report her missing for 24 hours" is not really what happened. She was reported missing within a couple hours of the family realizing that no one in the family had heard from her all day. During those couple hours family went door to door which led to additional neighbors searching, which led to the missing child phone call. Whether parents made the call or a neighbor made the call does not matter too much to me in that the parents could have been crying and unable to speak at that point, or a neighbor might have just made the decision while parents were still frantically searching the neighborhood.

She was last seen 24 hours (plus or minus) prior to the missing child report.

So it is not that they waited 24 hours to file. They searched for a couple hours, then the call was made.

I think it's fair to state that they waited approximately 20 hours to start actively looking for a six year old who had missed all her alleged check-ins and two meals.

They started searching for her after realizing no one had seen their six year old for about 22 hours. They waited until nearly 10 pm to call police. The father stated she normally wandered around on her own all day, checking in every few hours. So by my calculations, starting at 7 am--when the father stated he noticed her bed empty--their six year old missed, (depending on what they meant by every couple hours) 4-6 check-ins, and two meals before they 'began to worry' and waited another 1 1/2 hours before they thought the cops should be called.

Jenise was last seen around 10 p.m. last Saturday when she went to bed. Her parents noticed she was gone Sunday morning but were not alarmed because they allowed Jenise to wander freely around the mobile-home park, Wilson said. They told police she usually checked in every couple of hours.

Her parents began to worry, however, when she did not turn up by 8:30 p.m. on Sunday. They searched and went door to door looking for her for about an hour and a half before calling 911, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2024274454_bremertongirlxml.html

Please note: This is not a 'bash' of the parents. It is an MSM quote of the facts surrounding the 36-48 hour period when Jenise went missing, including statements made to the police by the parents.

Does anyone have link to this? Wanted to read it. thx

I'm in line with your thinking. I would add that somewhere between being warned off the 11 year old two years ago and last week he developed a violent aspect to his sexual tendencies.

I'm one of six kids. During the summer, we would get up, have breakfast, get dressed and go outside. Staying in the house wasn't an option. And my mother locked the door behind us so she could have some peace and quiet without the six of us running in and out all day, banging the door, letting in flies, and tattling on one another.

We were called in for lunch, then sent back outside. We were called in for dinner, then we had to stay in the rest of the night.

My mom did not stand on the front porch and watch us. We rode our bikes, went to our friends, played with our siblings. As the oldest, I had to keep an eye on the rest of them.

If she called for us, we'd better come arunnin' or there would be hell to pay.

Mom didn't worry about someone taking us. I think she believed no one would want us. LOL Or if they took us, they'd bring us back.

She also use to leave the 6 of us in the car while she went shopping.

And she wasn't a bad, horrible parent, it was a different mentality back then. FWIW

I don't recall anyone saying her parents were terrible. The circumstances of her disappearance just make it more devastating...if that's possible. It's not calling the parents awful people, the facts are it just makes her death a little more hard to stomach. That's all. It could have been a babysitter, aunt, grandparent, neighbor who was in charge...and I would feel the same sadness that she was gone that long.

It's simply a tragedy that a child could go 24 hours missing before being looked for by authorities. Any way you look at, any scenario you throw at it. Your mom did know where you were several points throughout the day. Again, it has nothing to do with the parents. I just think of what she could have been going through that time and it makes me sad. I'm not even talking about the parents, I'm talking about how it is sad for the child who suffered. Simple as that.

I thought her comparison to 911 was a bit extreme, but she just might have known/suspected more that I to feel that way.

Does anyone remember what day this interview was originally aired? Was it after the first time LE came to collect voluntary DNA swabs?

IMO, I think the mother, on a deep gut level--and not wanting to believe this of her son--was afraid he might have something to do with Jenise's disappearance. She had to know she didn't have eyes on her son the entire weekend. She had to know he spent time with the Wrights. She knew he was EXTREMELY upset that Jenise was, as far as they knew, merely missing. So upset, he couldn't open his mouth to give a sample, to help rule out some things and assist in finding his 'friend'. She had to have thought it odd. He's not a 6 year old, who just saw something horrific, experienced something horrific, and needs to not be traumatized by the big scary cops. He's a nearly grown man, months from being a legal adult....whose six year old family friend has--as far as she knows---only gone missing.

I think she maybe shielded him from the first DNA swab attempt because though she might have been in some denial, something was making her afraid for her son.

I think a lot of thoughts were going through this woman's head--regarding Jenise & regarding DD--- at time of interview, and I think she's just barely holding it together when she says 'go'.

I thought her comparison to 911 was a bit extreme, but she just might have known/suspected more that I to feel that way.

I actually interpreted it (the comparson to 9/11) differently than most. I thought she was alluding to the eerie, fragile, unnerving quality in the first 48 hours after 9/11. That the vibe in the park now was similar to the vibe in the park during 9/11. Everyone was watchful, quiet, children not out playing. Afraid.

Here is my new thought for the day--- seems like each day I have one! Not sure that is such a good thing! :)

Since it was noted that he was too upset to take the hooooorrible DNA swab that 1st request, is that safe to assume that all of the other males in the house agreed?? He has brothers and a step father that live there. That household knew something was up! Everyone else did it, it literally takes 2 seconds. While you are crying with your mouth open, let me stick a q-tip in there and get my job done. He likely caused more attention and more quick action by refusing the first request.

Done! Be back with another thought tomorrow, maybe! :)

excellent post:

you are so correct - the other males in his household would have been requested as well ! That must have raised some jibing you would think from the guys in house ..... MOO -- ok supposing other bros were away and not tested that would have still left the step dad to be swabbed....

I get what she is saying. I remember after 911 and it was just a weird quiet and fear. No one knew how they were supposed to act or function in our community. People weren't laughing and playing, they were scared and uncertain. I agree with your point, I think that's what she meant. For many people 911 is the only thing that ever made them feel that way, so comparing to your only experience is natural.

ETA...that would be 9/11. Now I can see why people are confused...lol!

Oh she meant 9/11.... she said 911 (nine one one) I thought she meant like a police tv show...

I'll get my coat :facepalm:

Does anyone have link to this? Wanted to read it. thx

The reference to a mom warning GG off from her daughter came from an msm tweet a few days ago. It's linked in past threads - I'll go look for it.

ETA: Jamie Tompkins ‏@JamieQ13FOX 57m
Mom/neighbor just told me she confronted Gabriel Gaeta two yrs ago -told him to stay away from her 11 yr old daughter #Q13FOX #JeniseWright

Those days are long gone, We spent summers at the lake. Age 8. Gone all day building rafts and going down the lake. No life jacket.

My friends and I marvel. Even though we were raised that way, we know darn well there were plenty of close calls when we were growing up where only by luck did we survive. And we would never in one million years tell the parents.

In town, there was a horrible neighbor boy who came from a rich family. Dysfunctional, now I know. But he chased me with a knife one day. I was a really fast runner and got away. Never ever told my parents.

Or the time I was waiting for a city bus with my friend. When she got on, a car came and chased me, but I knew how to run through yards where they could not drive. That would have been the day I told my parents! Not! They would have not let me out at night with friends,

Other stuff, but you get the idea

Yep. There was a man who was a serial exposer and we never told. My sister nearly took a ride with a weird man in a limo once, but we stopper her and never told. Our friend showed us his dad's loaded gun and we just left, but never told. Lots of things happened, some even too painful to type out. It was always this kind of world, it's not just the times now.

I think it's fair to state that they waited approximately 20 hours to start actively looking for a six year old who had missed all her alleged check-ins and two meals.

They started searching for her after realizing no one had seen their six year old for about 22 hours. They waited until nearly 10 pm to call police. The father stated she normally wandered around on her own all day, checking in every few hours. So by my calculations, starting at 7 am--when the father stated he noticed her bed empty--their six year old missed, (depending on what they meant by every couple hours) 4-6 check-ins, and two meals before they 'began to worry' and thought the cops should be called.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2024274454_bremertongirlxml.html

Please note: This is not a 'bash' of the parents. It is an MSM quote of the facts surrounding the 36-48 hour period when Jenise went missing, including statements made to the police by the parents.

I don't take it as a bash at all. It's just stating the facts of the case.

GG raped and murderered Jenise sometime during that 23 hour period and we're just trying to decipher the time of the attack.

Now the protective mom in me will always wonder if she had been noticed missing sooner, and people were calling her name looking for her, if it might have thwarted her attacker.

I guess all of us are doing the "what if's" and in all honesty she could have been attacked while the entire MHP was sleeping and it wouldn't have made a difference anyway. But the bottom line is GG is the one who took the beautiful life of Jenise. :(

I hope the release of more information will clear up some of the questions of "where" and "when"

Those days are long gone, We spent summers at the lake. Age 8. Gone all day building rafts and going down the lake. No life jacket.

My friends and I marvel. Even though we were raised that way, we know darn well there were plenty of close calls when we were growing up where only by luck did we survive. And we would never in one million years tell the parents.

In town, there was a horrible neighbor boy who came from a rich family. Dysfunctional, now I know. But he chased me with a knife one day. I was a really fast runner and got away. Never ever told my parents.

Or the time I was waiting for a city bus with my friend. When she got on, a car came and chased me, but I knew how to run through yards where they could not drive. That would have been the day I told my parents! Not! They would have not let me out at night with friends,

Other stuff, but you get the idea

I was born in 1954. Things seemed safe to me, until grownups started whispering about a baby girl across the street that was kidnapped and then found murdered. I think I was four or 5, and think that was the beginning of 'street smarts' for me.
I think there has always been evil, (hope I am not overstating the obvious), but with social media fetishes and fantasy's have been exposed, and it seems like whatever you are 'into' is now okay. With exceptions of course, but society is very free. Child *advertiser censored*, violent *advertiser censored*, etc. was not a click away, but it was always underground.
Just saying...

To be fair, she did say "Nine-one-one". I presumed she was referring to 9/11.

I was born in 1954. Things seemed safe to me, until grownups started whispering about a baby girl across the street that was kidnapped and then found murdered. I think I was four or 5, and think that was the beginning of 'street smarts' for me.
I think there has always been evil, (hope I am not overstating the obvious), but with social media fetishes and fantasy's have been exposed, and it seems like whatever you are 'into' is now okay. With exceptions of course, but society is very free. Child *advertiser censored*, violent *advertiser censored*, etc. was not a click away, but it was always underground.
Just saying...

This. Not that whatever people are into is okay, but it's so much more accessible. Before the internet, you had to somehow find someone to get the hardcore stuff from, and in the process, reveal yourself and your fetish. Now it's between you and your PC (and whoever's listening in). Bestiality? Click. Rape? Click. Children? Click. It's difficult to imagine being so interested in child *advertiser censored* (pre-internet) that you could manage to find someone else interested in it, reveal your interest and make a swap -- I can't even fathom the logistics. But now even the slightly curious can dabble without much fear of detection.

According to the Northwest Washington Wrestling Club website, Gaeta was the star of their team. In 2012, “Gaeta won an individual state title in the Caset 182lb division.” In the same year, he finished second in the 2012 Greco Roman State Championships in Washington. He also represented Olympic High School in wrestling. His varsity record with the school was 23-10.
That was his brother. GG was only a Freshman back then.

I've been wondering if things might have been different if GG had been involved in some kind of physical activity during the summer. From what has been said about the difference between his every day persona and his wrestling one, it seems that he used his wrestling/football as a way to (somewhat) safely release his pent up rage. Once he got angry at Jenise, he probably ended up releasing it all on her because he had no other release. In my experiences, quieter people who everybody sees as "nice" and never loses his/her temper tend to be the same people who totally snap when they do eventually have more anger/frustration/stress than they can deal with. Not all of them become abusers/murderers, some commit suicide and some have heart attacks/strokes.

MOO

Does anyone remember what day this interview was originally aired? Was it after the first time LE came to collect voluntary DNA swabs?

IMO, I think the mother, on a deep gut level--and not wanting to believe this of her son--was afraid he might have something to do with Jenise's disappearance. She had to know she didn't have eyes on her son the entire weekend. She had to know he spent time with the Wrights. She knew he was EXTREMELY upset that Jenise was, as far as they knew, merely missing. So upset, he couldn't open his mouth to give a sample, to help rule out some things and assist in finding his 'friend'. She had to have thought it odd. He's not a 6 year old, who just saw something horrific, experienced something horrific, and needs to not be traumatized by the big scary cops. He's a nearly grown man, months from being a legal adult....whose six year old family friend has--as far as she knows---only gone missing.

I think she maybe shielded him from the first DNA swab attempt because though she might have been in some denial, something was making her afraid for her son.

I think a lot of thoughts were going through this woman's head--regarding Jenise & regarding DD--- at time of interview, and I think she's just barely holding it together when she says 'go'.

Monday:
* GG too distraught for the DNA swab.
* LE finds Jenise's underwear.
(I don't know which came first.)

Tuesday:
GG drove car with mom as passenger - TV interview. GG was wearing blue shirt, plaid shorts.

Wednesday:
Photo posted on SM of GG playing with a dog, wearing blue shirt, plaid shorts. (I'm assuming photo was taken Tuesday, not confirmed.)

Thursday:
* LE found Jenice in morning.
* First press conference of the day, soon after body found, asks people to search their property. I think this is the presser where they talk about the high rate of compliance in the MHP for DNA swabs, but said they had to go back to get a few missing swabs. Officer explained how easy the swap was. No mention that body was found.
* Second press conference of the day, LE clearly said to look for someone with muddy clothes and/or who recently discarded a favorite piece of apparel. (I think this is when the public was informed body was found.)

Friday:
* Body ID'd as Jenise.
* GG submited DNA sample
* Vigil for Jenise. GG attended with his mom.

Saturday:
* DNA results show that GG was a match
* LE Searched GG's bedroom and found bloody clothes
* GG arrested

If I made any errors, shout out.

This. Not that whatever people are into is okay, but it's so much more accessible. Before the internet, you had to somehow find someone to get the hardcore stuff from, and in the process, reveal yourself and your fetish. Now it's between you and your PC (and whoever's listening in). Bestiality? Click. Rape? Click. Children? Click. It's difficult to imagine being so interested in child *advertiser censored* (pre-internet) that you could manage to find someone else interested in it, reveal your interest and make a swap -- I can't even fathom the logistics. But now even the slightly curious can dabble without much fear of detection.

^ ^ ^ ^ This.

Absolutely frightening how easy it is.

I don't the ins and outs of other teenage sexually motivated killings (in contrast to teenage feud killings). Is it typical at all or is there a case to link to that has a teenage sexual killer that started off with rape and murder from the get-go? I find it hard to believe that people in his community didn't notice anything was fundamentally wrong with him. If he lived in a different setting I could understand but I lived in a mobile home park most of my life and it is hard to not notice when your neighbor flushes the toilet or hurries down their hallway. You hear most arguments, and their homes are a lot closer in the photos I saw then the park I lived in. So you'd see them come and go. Everything they did outdoors would be seen and everything indoors would practically be heard.

I just don't get this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member