Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #9 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I do not believe that anyone is "born evil". Nor do I believe you will become abusive if you have been abused as a child, or violent if you have had brain injury. Just like I do not believe that if you let your child run free, your child will be harmed by a stranger.

What I do believe is that an abused child has a greater risk of growing up to abuse others than a child without abuse in his/her background. And a child who has had brain injury has a greater risk of growing up to be violent than one who hasn't had any injury. And a child who runs free is at a higher risk than those who are helicoptered.

Saying "I had a concussion and I am not violent". Or "I was abused and I don't abuse my kids" really does not change the facts that certain things can, and do, raise the likelihood of violence and abuse. Finding out what is in GG's background does not excuse his evil behavior, nor does it really give a reason. But understanding what is in GG's background helps further the understanding of what to look for in others that may put them at a higher risk of becoming another GG. And someday the hope is that we will be able to identify children at risk for these behaviors, and intercede with some sort of help to prevent that life from going down the wrong path.

Just my thoughts....

I certainly agree, but there is no evidence that brain injury causes someone to have pedophilia desires, or puts them at a higher risk for them. This was not just violence. This was a sex act against a child. I don't think we can really look at this case to help in future cases, as far as brain injuries go. Because, what we have here is a crime associated with pedophilia. You have to desire a child, to seek them out to rape. Brain injury causing pedophilia is not something I will EVER believe.

Personally I do not believe that anyone is "born evil". Nor do I believe you will become abusive if you have been abused as a child, or violent if you have had brain injury. Just like I do not believe that if you let your child run free, your child will be harmed by a stranger.

What I do believe is that an abused child has a greater risk of growing up to abuse others than a child without abuse in his/her background. And a child who has had brain injury has a greater risk of growing up to be violent than one who hasn't had any injury. And a child who runs free is at a higher risk than those who are helicoptered.

Saying "I had a concussion and I am not violent". Or "I was abused and I don't abuse my kids" really does not change the facts that certain things can, and do, raise the likelihood of violence and abuse. Finding out what is in GG's background does not excuse his evil behavior, nor does it really give a reason. But understanding what is in GG's background helps further the understanding of what to look for in others that may put them at a higher risk of becoming another GG. And someday the hope is that we will be able to identify children at risk for these behaviors, and intercede with some sort of help to prevent that life from going down the wrong path.

Just my thoughts....

Yes and more yes. We can and we must.

Grounds, maybe...but I don't buy that a jury of adults will accept it.

There are prisons loaded with people with brain injuries. He is a danger to society and needs to be locked up somewhere to keep the rest of us safe.

To deny that brain injury can cause people to become violent is harming us in the long run and harming families who may end up with a brain injured child. Maybe from hitting the soccer ball too much with their head.

I certainly agree, but there is no evidence that brain injury causes someone to have pedophilia desires, or puts them at a higher risk for them. This was not just violence. This was a sex act against a child. I don't think we can really look at this case to help in future cases, as far as brain injuries go. Because, what we have here is a crime associated with pedophilia. You have to desire a child, to seek them out to rape. Brain injury causing pedophilia is not something I will EVER believe.

Could he have been molested as well?

There are prisons loaded with people with brain injuries. He is a danger to society and needs to be locked up somewhere to keep the rest of us safe.

To deny that brain injury can cause people to become violent is harming us in the long run and harming families who may end up with a brain injured child. Maybe from hitting the soccer ball too much with their head.

I don't think people will deny brain injuries can cause people to become violent. But, I also don't think a jury is going to accept that a brain injury can cause someone to be a pedophile and be the sole reason they raped and murdered a child.

I don't think a brain injury will ever totally absolve someone of guilt. The only way it could, is it has caused them to be so low IQ, that they are essentially a child and can't fully understand their actions.

BBM

It doesn't really matter to me what his motive was for doing it. All that matters to me is that they lock him up for about 30-40 years to avoid it happening again.

S&BBM: And that's it in a nutshell. Regardless of the cause or motive, he needs to be removed from society so that he can never harm another human being again.

I don't think people will deny brain injuries can cause people to become violent. But, I also don't think a jury is going to accept that a brain injury can cause someone to be a pedophile and be the sole reason they raped and murdered a child.

I don't think a brain injury will ever totally absolve someone of guilt. The only way it could, is it has caused them to be so low IQ, that they are essentially a child and can't fully understand their actions.

Here is one study re pedos and brain injury

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14574100

I specifically included two risk factors in my generalized thought, sexual abuse as a child and brain injury. One could imagine that violent sexual acts could be combination of the two. I think that is way way over simplifying things though.
Some teens who have sexually attacked and brutally murdered a child were not pedophiles really at all, but chose the victim because of their vulnerability. The same could be said for the rapist who seeks out the elderly - is it a specific attraction to the elderly - my guess is it is just a need to attack a weak prey. Who knows. I am on the fence about GG being a pedo, maybe J was just easy prey and it was not primarily a sexual attraction to children.
To me, the classic pedo is not a killer, but a pied-piper sort, who tries to ingratiate himself to the children and then believes that the relationship is either mutual, or at the very least, not harmful. To me this was different, it was a violent attack upon a prey that culminated in him completely obliterating her.

I specifically included two risk factors in my generalized thought, sexual abuse as a child and brain injury. One could imagine that violent sexual acts could be combination of the two. I think that is way way over simplifying things though.
Some teens who have sexually attacked and brutally murdered a child were not pedophiles really at all, but chose the victim because of their vulnerability. The same could be said for the rapist who seeks out the elderly - is it a specific attraction to the elderly - my guess is it is just a need to attack a weak prey. Who knows. I am on the fence about GG being a pedo, maybe J was just easy prey and it was not primarily a sexual attraction to children.
To me, the classic pedo is not a killer, but a pied-piper sort, who tries to ingratiate himself to the children and then believes that the relationship is either mutual, or at the very least, not harmful. To me this was different, it was a violent attack upon a prey that culminated in him completely obliterating her.

What exactly is a "classic" pedo? What does that even mean? If someone violently rapes and murders a child, they are not a pedophile? What about the dozens and dozens of cases of men who do exactly that, and have a history of sexually abusing children or watching child *advertiser censored*?

And how do we know those some teens weren't pedophiles? Because they said so?

I don't believe violence and pedophilia are linked necessarily. A lot of people can become violent say if drunk or what not and NOT become pedophiles. It's not the violence, I'm in disagreement with , it's the illness that is pedophilia. mooo ( but i think it's true )

I don't believe it's an illness at all, I believe it's pure wickedness. Illness is treatable, pedophilia is not.

I know other people have given similar examples, but I'm going to give another one anyway.

One Of my neighbors (has been for almost 10 years) was in a very serious car accident about 5 years before he moved here. He had a lot of serious injuries, including TBI. After years of therapy and physical rehab, he seems to be doing fairly well. He works about 20 hours a week, got married about 8 years ago, walks (using a walker), and is an intelligent young man. A few years ago his wife started working as my housekeeper, and she occasionally talks about his problems. Everybody who knows him talks about what a nice guy he is, how easy going he is, how well he treats his wife (even she says all of that), and what a hard worker he is. One day his wife asked to change the day she came that week because she had to take him for an appointment about 60 miles away because his doctors here are at a loss for what else they can do to control his episodes of rage. The damage to his brain cause them, but he's been taking antidepressants, anti-anxiety meds, and something else but they still don't control them completely.

She says that he has one at least once a week these days, and he usually ends up throwing furniture, knocking holes in the walls, breaking things, etc. Once it's over, he goes back to his nice, somewhat quiet, loving husband, and seldom remembers a lot about what happened. If this is also going on with GG, it would explain the rage that seemed to be behind the attack. What it wouldn't explain is the rape and murder that resulted from the rage. The man I was talking about has some serious and extremely "violent" episodes, but never once has he hit another living thing (human or animal) and never has he touched anyone inappropriately during one. The head injuries may explain the anger and loss of control, but there was obviously something else wrong to begin with. MOO

Yes. But I was wondering, are there any cases of a person with pedo who has never once given in to that urge to molest? It would be rare but just wondering if it is possible.

I don't believe it's an illness at all, I believe it's pure wickedness. Illness is treatable, pedophilia is not.

I agree with you . It's a psychiatric ' disorder' but I have an anxiety ' disorder' and disorder sounds so benign a word when comparing two things like pedo and anxiety. But you are right.

Yes. But I was wondering, are there any cases of a person with pedo who has never once given in to that urge to molest? It would be rare but just wondering if it is possible.

I'm sure there are, but I think they are likely very rare.

christine clarridge ‏@seaclarridge 39s
3 rows are filled with the Kitsap County sherriff's investigators who worked #JeniseWright 's case.

christine clarridge ‏@seaclarridge 6m
#JeniseWright's family is here. Almost all - her mom, dad, sibs, gparents, etc - are dressed in Jenise's favorite color purple.

christine clarridge ‏@seaclarridge 12m
Before the svc, #JeniseWright's sister Melanie Davis talked about how special her sister was & thanked all those who worked 2 solve case.

https://twitter.com/seaclarridge

Jessica's favorite color was purple, too. Everyone wore purple in the courtroom during her case, including ARS' family.
I think that if Jenise and Jessica knew each other, they would have been great friends, despite the age difference.

A beautiful park was built in Jessica's honor; all the playground equipment is purple:
http://www.coloradomoves.com/colorado-communities/building-a-park-in-her-honor/2013/8/9

The lovely picture of Jenise posted upstream with her cat reminded me of this photo of Jessica, who also loved animals. She is seen in many photos with animals; this one is my favorite photo of Jessica, the one with the duck:

jr.jpg

Jessica-Ridgeway-walking-dog.jpg

jessica-4.jpg

eta: balling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics