WA WA - Leah Lund (found), 16, & newborn Hazel, Everett, 10 Sept 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is sad all the way around. Surely, she is living on the streets. We have a lot of people living on the streets here and they all hang out in little communities of street people. Someone in these street people groups has to have seen her.

How do we know that this infant was born alive/survived birth? Has anyone actually seen Lund and her daughter? Sorry to be so brash, but I have re-read the MSM articles and I haven't heard anyone mentioning that they have seen the mother and baby, and I haven't seen a picture of this infant with her mother (how would that be possible under these circumstances? IMO.) And please correct me if I am wrong -- I certainly could have overlooked an article or have missed reading a paragraph about the baby. That's bugging me, so if some sleuther out there could let me know about how we know there is/was a baby out there, again, please help me out. It's really bugging me.

Thanks. :)

How do we know that this infant was born alive/survived birth? Has anyone actually seen Lund and her daughter? Sorry to be so brash, but I have re-read the MSM articles and I haven't heard anyone mentioning that they have seen the mother and baby, and I haven't seen a picture of this infant with her mother (how would that be possible under these circumstances? IMO.) And please correct me if I am wrong -- I certainly could have overlooked an article or have missed reading a paragraph about the baby. That's bugging me, so if some sleuther out there could let me know about how we know there is/was a baby out there, again, please help me out. It's really bugging me.

Thanks. :)

I have the same question. MSM says Leah was last seen on Sep 2, a week before the projected birthdate. I haven't read about any subsequent sightings of Leah or baby.

The thought of a drug addicted 16 yo giving birth to a drug addicted baby without medical assistance is so sad and frightening. I know that in hospital births, the staff will manage the baby's withdrawal safely and help keep baby comfortable. I'm not sure what happens without that treatment. Can a newborn die during detox if it's not managed properly? Anyone know?

I'm sorry to sound grim. I truly want for the baby to be alive and healthy as possible, and for both of them to be off the streets and safe. I just don't know what's going to happen.

Holding out hope.

I have the same question. MSM says Leah was last seen on Sep 2, a week before the projected birthdate. I haven't read about any subsequent sightings of Leah or baby.

The thought of a drug addicted 16 yo giving birth to a drug addicted baby without medical assistance is so sad and frightening. I know that in hospital births, the staff will manage the baby's withdrawal safely and help keep baby comfortable. I'm not sure what happens without that treatment. Can a newborn die during detox if it's not managed properly? Anyone know?

I'm sorry to sound grim. I truly want for the baby to be alive and healthy as possible, and for both of them to be off the streets and safe. I just don't know what's going to happen.

Holding out hope.

I believe a baby could die during detox. Heck even adults die during it.
It appears that no one knows if this baby is alive or not. Can't imagine what this girl is thinking/going through to even entertain the idea to have a baby on her own. It's maddening.

The SCSO FB page has a post indicating Snohomish County is the epicenter of the state's heroin epidemic. The stats are sad.
I hope Leah and the baby are both alive somewhere.

No comment section comes up for me at that link. Can you elaborate without getting a TOS?

No comment section comes up for me at that link. Can you elaborate without getting a TOS?

The comment section is at the top of the page. There are only six comments, read the first one. Just click on the word 'comment' at the top.
Hope that helps

I believe a baby could die during detox. Heck even adults die during it.
Heroin detox sucks but is not life-threatening. The only substances that can kill people during withdrawal are benzodiazepines and alcohol.

Heroin detox sucks but is not life-threatening. The only substances that can kill people during withdrawal are benzodiazepines and alcohol.

My apologies helpful, you are correct. Sorry.

I think it's a possibility that some maybe she's holed up somewhere taking care of herself and/or her baby. It's also possible, in my opinion, that she has asked friends/acquaintances to help her to keep the police/child services off her back by saying that there's no baby. I do hope that this young lady eventually shows up safe with baby.

My apologies helpful, you are correct. Sorry.

I think it's a possibility that some maybe she's holed up somewhere taking care of herself and/or her baby. It's also possible, in my opinion, that she has asked friends/acquaintances to help her to keep the police/child services off her back by saying that there's no baby. I do hope that this young lady eventually shows up safe with baby.
She could EASILY pass for an adult, so I'm inclined to agree that this is a possibility. I wouldn't give her a second glance if I saw her in public with an infant, and I definitely wouldn't think of the "missing 16-year-old" either.

Same for me. Clicking on the comment icon brings up a popup window that is blank.

IMO withdrawal from heroin might not kill the baby, but the effects of withdrawal certainly could:

"they do have difficulty feeding or nursing, so keeping them at healthy weights can be a huge challenge."

So if baby isn't feeding well it could die of malnutrition.

"these newborns are hard to console. They have excessive diarrhea. They're jittery and irritable. They don't sleep well. They have a distinct cry. They need dark, quiet and calm environments, and need to be held a lot. "

Continued diarrhea in a newborn would cause dehydration which could lead to death.

"They don't die, but probably the most danger of [babies'] untreated addiction is seizures."

Seizures could certainly be fatal if left untreated.

"The worst thing that can happen for an unborn baby is for the mother to quit taking drugs without medical supervision. Not only is there greater risk of early labor or even loss of the baby, but a woman is more likely to relapse."

It's possible baby died in utero.

Source: http://www.cleveland.com/healthfit/index.ssf/2012/09/opioid-addicted_women_are_givi.html

I have to assume if she's using heroin that her baby was not her highest priority and that any help the baby might've needed would not have been sought out by Leah.

Such a sad story.

One of my biggest fears for Leah is that she went into labor somewhere secluded and it ended up being a medical emergency.
Here is to hoping she is found safe and has the opportunity to get her life back on track.

wow those comments.

wow those comments.
Right? At least if they are true than there is no emergency here, just a sad story of another young lady with an addiction..

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Since her parents are not involved (acc to one of the first articles) who reported her missing?
Was she even pregnant, is there even a baby?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back