WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome picture JVK - and a heartfelt thanks to all who participated in any way in the search for Lindsey this past weekend. Truly awesome work by all involved.

Just got back from the center. I helped Brad all morning put some finishing touches on the paper work. Helped Dawn and Sandy get their stuff worked out. Helped MB and KK clean and get stuff boxed up for storage.

I think it's ok to share this info (I'm sure Brad will call/text/email and yell me if it wasn't ok but I don't think it should be kept a secret). We had a total of 205 searchers (this was not counting the several people--myself, Breanna and a few other people from the community that spent their time "behind the scenes") this weekend. Many of them put in time all three days and did several searches a day. My hat is off to each and every person who volunteered in some way. Even if you were there in thought and prayer.

Right now they are shooting for a search to be conducted Sept 12 and 13. We ask anyone who is interested in donating (time, supplies, money, food, whatever) to go to http://www.findlindseybaum.com for more information or email them at contact@findlindseybaum.com. Someone will be in touch with you ASAP

I will be back on the next search - You did a great job this weekend. Sheri

Hi Sheri. Can't believe what a small world it is and our ties to other families, eh?

Can I say that YOU did a great job this weekend? Multiple searches and a team lead. You were just the best.

I will be back on the next search - You did a great job this weekend. Sheri

Sheri! Welcome to WS. Thank you for everything you did this weekend. You were a lot of help. Can't wait to see you again at the next search.

OMG, JVK! You took that awesome photo with a cellphone?! WOW! :eek: I am saying you are one hellova photographer and that is one hellova cellphone!! Amazing work!

hi all....

i havent read back posts yet.....my mother is very ill.....so i havent been on to check in and give out the support that i wanted to do this weekend.....

THANK YOU to everyone who put their hearts into helping to bring Lindsey home....i pray that there was something gained to help find her......

OMG, JVK! You took that awesome photo with a cellphone?! WOW! :eek: I am saying you are one hellova photographer and that is one hellova cellphone!! Amazing work!

JVK is one hellova a guy all around.

hi all....

i havent read back posts yet.....my mother is very ill.....so i havent been on to check in and give out the support that i wanted to do this weekend.....

THANK YOU to everyone who put their hearts into helping to bring Lindsey home....i pray that there was something gained to help find her......

My thoughts and prayers are with your mother. I hope she gets better soon.

Sheri! Welcome to WS. Thank you for everything you did this weekend. You were a lot of help. Can't wait to see you again at the next search.

Thanks Jennifer, I am looking forward to officially meeting you! Can you tell me who the woman was with the short curly blond hair who started asking questions about where you were sending our group to search on Sunday - you had to nicely ask her to butt out?

She is also in a photo taken Thursday night with a red shirt on? I overheard her complaining as we were leaving about how she was being treated and that she had no idea who "we" were and she believed she had a right to know where we were being sent.......her behavior struck me as really odd because we were all there for one reason and that was to try to find Lindsey. Was she a family member? I assumed she was a local. She jumped into her vehicle and when we drove away from the center to go to our spot I actually thought she was following us, but then I got distracted looking at the map and forgot all about her. It came to mind later a couple of times because it just felt so weird - so I thought I would ask.

Sheri

A tribute to all of you McCleary locals who have over the past week -- and beyond -- shared tears, embraces, pains, joys in the midst of disaster, emotions flowing over, as Jen intimated, never before experienced in such intensity, because your actions; you selfless individuals, have manifestly defined the richness of what is most vitally important in life, the spark of divinity shining forth. You all have become the seed and core of what all of this frustration is about, and you have held the torch high, high indeed!

And continue to do so.

Thanks to JVK for the beautiful tree photo that in a very intimate way seems to me personally to symbolize the potential life source of Lindsey within the gnarled wood of dispair. Within the gnarled textures all of our minds perceive the goal, Lindsey.

JVK, I hope you don't mind me using your beautiful photo as the background to this small gesture of appreciation to all of you.

attachment.php

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 152
Two quick points.

First, while searching felt good that we were actively doing something about finding Lindsey, it was nonetheless stressful. Three days of it. Looking under every nook and cranny. We put on our happy faces and we laughed and we bonded with each other but there was always an underlying sense that the next set of bones might not be a deer. Three days. If someone acted innapropriately about something I'm going to give them a free pass. I hope you can too. It was tough.

The second point has to do with the success of the search. In my opinion it was an overwhelming success. Absolutely. It caused Lindsey's story to be broadcast repeatedly via TV and radio. A lot of people followed the story. When I was handing out flyers I wouldn't even have to say anything. Everyone knew. Another aspect involves the search. We searched a lot of ground. We covered areas that had already been searched. We were thorough. What if there were a million places to search and we searched a hundred thousand? One could interpret that to mean that there is a ten percent better chance that she is alive. That's right, I walked away from three days of searching feeling much more optimistic that Lindey is alive. In my book that alone makes the search a resounding success.

I'm not big into fate and all that stuff but it didn't escape my notice that on the day before our search started Jaycee Dugard was freed after 18 years. If ever there was a reason to believe this was it.

Hugs to you TakeNote. I hope your mother is well soon.

Salem

Two quick points.

First, while searching felt good that we were actively doing something about finding Lindsey, it was nonetheless stressful. Three days of it. Looking under every nook and cranny. We put on our happy faces and we laughed and we bonded with each other but there was always an underlying sense that the next set of bones might not be a deer. Three days. If someone acted innapropriately about something I'm going to give them a free pass. I hope you can too. It was tough.

The second point has to do with the success of the search. In my opinion it was an overwhelming success. Absolutely. It caused Lindsey's story to be broadcast repeatedly via TV and radio. A lot of people followed the story. When I was handing out flyers I wouldn't even have to say anything. Everyone knew. Another aspect involves the search. We searched a lot of ground. We covered areas that had already been searched. We were thorough. What if there were a million places to search and we searched a hundred thousand? One could interpret that to mean that there is a ten percent better chance that she is alive. That's right, I walked away from three days of searching feeling much more optimistic that Lindey is alive. In my book that alone makes the search a resounding success.

I'm not big into fate and all that stuff but it didn't escape my notice that on the day before our search started Jaycee Dugard was freed after 18 years. If ever there was a reason to believe this was it.

Ditto MikeB.

And your words before you left on Sunday gave me hope.

Thanks.

Two quick points.

I have to say Mike that I came away with those exact same feelings. Not finding anything does give hope to the fact that Lindsey is still alive. Sometimes no news is good news.

It was with mixed feelings that I searched, because on one hand I would love to find a clue to Lindsey's disappearance, but at the same time, I didn't want to find anything that would suggest she was anything but alive. I understand the stress, even though I was only able to search one of those days, I can't imagine how much it weighed on your minds after three days, but can you imagine then what MB must be going through? It's got to be 10 times that.

One of the things I discussed with my fellow searchers and they agreed on was that we wished we could find one little clue to give us a direction to look for Lindsey. Anything so we would know if it would be more logical to look north, south, east or west.

I don't know if that picture had been posted or not. I remember seeing it but I couldn't tell you the first time I did see it. Whether it was here or if it was something MB showed me this past weekend.

It was, I believe, a first day of school shot. I just don't remember how long ago it was taken.

I do know the picture of her at the beach was taken about a week before she went missing so it's the newest picture they have.

Does anyone know if Mikes Market 225 W Simpson has reopened?

Looking at a map, coming up South 4th from this liquor store would put someone directly in Lindsey's path on Maple.

Is this Market next to or in the same strip mall as the Video Store (205 W Simpson)? Mapquest puts them 0.01 miles away from each other and 0 minutes between stores.

Hi all,
Another willing pair of eyes here to look through photos.
I'm from the UK and this is my first time posting, so bear with me.
I've spent the last few days reading through EVERY LB thread (lots of time on my hands, just finished a teaching job and no new post yet!)

My first thought was that this case really resembles the case of Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman here in England, 2004 I think it was?

I know it's been mentioned before, but very similar - 2 girls just "disappeared" from the street in the evening time and were never seen again. Turns out that the caretaker of the local school, who they both knew, beckoned them into his house, where he killed both of them and then drove them and dumped them miles away in the countryside :mad:

I hope and pray this hasn't happened to Lindsey and that she will be found safe and unharmed.

It's so difficult, because LE haven't released details of any CCTV and interviews as to who left the town of McCleary that night.

Personally, I would want to know who was out and about in their car from 9.15pm onwards that night. That said, somebody could have kept Lindsey somewhere for a few days before moving her.

I really don't mean to be graphic or negative, just thinking out loud. It frustrates me we don't have access to all the info LE do!

Anyway - hi from me. I will chime in with any thoughts I have as things come up. Fingers crossed Lindsey will be found safely soon!

WElCOME KOKOTHEKLUTZ:

Glad you could join us. We have a great group of people here working very hard. Also it is kind of nice to have other's thoughts, and perceptions about LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE