WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Jennifer, I am looking forward to officially meeting you! Can you tell me who the woman was with the short curly blond hair who started asking questions about where you were sending our group to search on Sunday - you had to nicely ask her to butt out?

She is also in a photo taken Thursday night with a red shirt on? I overheard her complaining as we were leaving about how she was being treated and that she had no idea who "we" were and she believed she had a right to know where we were being sent.......her behavior struck me as really odd because we were all there for one reason and that was to try to find Lindsey. Was she a family member? I assumed she was a local. She jumped into her vehicle and when we drove away from the center to go to our spot I actually thought she was following us, but then I got distracted looking at the map and forgot all about her. It came to mind later a couple of times because it just felt so weird - so I thought I would ask.

In response to Potted:

I do believe I heard her name but I won't mention it. I meant to ask someone what her relation was to the family.

She appears genuine and caring. And Kara seems to know her. In no way do I want to point the finger at someone who is just trying to help.

The only thing that made my hink go up was from reading the Forensic Astrology charts....looking for someone who has been involved in the searches and is covering for someone they know. Oh...and I did ask MB if people were at the community center on 8/21 in the morning. She had no knowledge of any kind of meeting.

I guess someone should ask who she is, what's her relation to the family, does she have other family members living there? Etc.,etc.,

That whole thing confused me anyway so I need to go to the Astro thread and read some more to really understand as I'm not sure if I know what I'm talking about :waitasec:

Michelle (who will be on WS eventually & was a former search TL) & I did around 4 hours of searching on trails today. Not much came of it.

We (edit: & possibly others now) will be returning to at least one area.

Beer cans & poop is the majority of what we found.

Michelle (who will be on WS eventually & was a former search TL) & I did around 4 hours of searching on trails today. Not much came of it.

We (edit: & possibly others now) will be returning to at least one area.

Beer cans & poop is the majority of what we found.

LOL. You rock JVK. So does Michelle.

Check your pm's and email :)

I have to work tomorrow but I'm available to meet Friday.

Sunday is the best search day for me if others don't have plans for the weekend. My husband and son are willing to show up too.

I havent been posting much in Lindsey thread but I do try to read everyday, I just want to say Thank you to all of you taking the time to go help search for Lindsey ! I so wish I could be there to help.
Thank you all!

Something like that.

Does anyone know if Mikes Market 225 W Simpson has reopened?

Looking at a map, coming up South 4th from this liquor store would put someone directly in Lindsey's path on Maple.

Is this Market next to or in the same strip mall as the Video Store (205 W Simpson)? Mapquest puts them 0.01 miles away from each other and 0 minutes between stores.

The owners of Mike's Market decided not to remodel and reopen, but are selling the store.

I'm up to searching starting next week if anyone else is available. My kids go back to daycare starting next Tuesday, and I have a few weeks free before I start classes again.

The owners of Mike's Market decided not to remodel and reopen, but are selling the store.

Do you know who owns the building? I wonder if they'd let us use it as a search center. LOL

I almost forgot, i lost my somewhat expensive Maglite today :( - 20min into searching i realized it wasn't attached to me :( !!

Thing stuck with me for other searches but didn't last 20min of today's .. somehow :(

Oh well.

I almost forgot, i lost my somewhat expensive Maglite today :( - 20min into searching i realized it wasn't attached to me :( !!

Thing stuck with me for other searches but didn't last 20min of today's .. somehow :(

Oh well.

You are an experienced searcher.. you should be able to find it. And as meticulous as you are.. how the hell did you lose it? lol

OT: Is there anyone here who plays Farmville on Facebook? I need neighbors to move up.
:D

We spent a few min trying to find it but for some reason i knew we wouldn't because i lost it in a bit of a thick area off-trail.

Sorry to hear that.. They aren't cheap. But so worth the money.

Ha. See you two on Friday!!!! Can't wait. We got ideas and stuff to talk about!

Gah.. you losers won't even play Farmville long enough for me to move up.

I'm off to bed, I have to babysit at 6 am and then work in the rain (why does it always decide to rain when I'll be running the excavator?) in the afternoon.

See ya friday!

Hi all, a McCleary local here. I was gone for most of the summer and came back to find out something terrible happened in my small town. As is the custom of my generation, rather than getting information in person, I went online, and that's how I found this website. I have to say, it's pretty amazing to see how many people are involved and wanting to help. I've never closely followed missing person cases, so maybe it's the norm? But whatever the case, it's awesome what you're doing.

I did have one thing I wanted to add, that probably isn't any help, but may help you understand McCleary a little better. A lot of people have said they were shocked that in such a small town, and even in a neighborhood populated by houses, nobody saw anything. I just have to say it doesn't shock me at all. A few years ago, when I was about Lindsey's age, two teenagers attacked a friend and me in McCleary. I won't go into details, but we escaped and went for help, with the guys following us. It was a long walk through McCleary to get home, so we stopped at many places (the school, a friends' parents' house, etc) to find a trusted adult who would help protect us, explaining what happened. We were turned away everywhere by adults who didn't want to get involved.

I guess the point of that story is that I don't have much faith in a lot of the residents of McCleary. I think that if someone saw something happen to this girl, they wouldn't have done anything. Maybe they're ashamed of that now, who knows. My gut feeling is that someone probably knows more than they're letting on (even if they aren't responsible for her disappearance) but feels too guilty to fess up.

Like I said, that's probably no help at all, but as I was reading stuff on here, I couldn't help feeling that it needed to be said. This may be a small town, but it seems to have more of a big city attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow