WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to WS, Dejavu~ Sorry it has to be under such circumstances.

It is a frightening story that no one would open their doors and their arms to help you. To me, this is so foreign. Where I come from there would be no questions asked until a person was safe from harm. It is appalling no one would come to your rescue.

Are the person/persons who attacked you still in the community? Was it a situation which could apply to Lindsey? If so, they should be looked into by LE. For girls to have to go to such extremes to go door to door asking for help, I am thinking it was a serious situation. Some people grow up, but they don't change.

Welcome to WS, Dejavu~ Sorry it has to be under such circumstances.

It is a frightening story that no one would open their doors and their arms to help you. To me, this is so foreign. Where I come from there would be no questions asked until a person was safe from harm. It is appalling no one would come to your rescue.

Are the person/persons who attacked you still in the community? Was it a situation which could apply to Lindsey? If so, they should be looked into by LE. For girls to have to go to such extremes to go door to door asking for help, I am thinking it was a serious situation. Some people grow up, but they don't change.

Didn't we read that Lindsey stopped at another friend's house on her walk home, asking if she could spend the night there? I read she did have another friend who lived on Maple St.

Now that may be a RUMOR, I don't know. I do feel strongly tho that we need to go back to the scene of the crime, the spot where she was last seen. That is all we have right now that is confirmed as the S of the C.

There just have to be some answers there. It is how COLD CASES are solved. Not saying Lindsey's case is cold tho. xox

I recall hearing it, but I do think it was a rumor or speculation.

I would call her case cold, Scandi. There are no tips coming in that I am aware of right now and without the searchers keeping it alive...not much appears to be happening on LE's side. If I felt confident they were still conducting their own searches and not just following up on old tips or waiting on something to pop up...maybe I would feel differently.

However, a cold case for LE never means it is a cold case for people who want to continue the search for her. It is the only way to keep her face and name out there when LE basically is at a standstill.

In response to Potted:

I do believe I heard her name but I won't mention it. I meant to ask someone what her relation was to the family.

She appears genuine and caring. And Kara seems to know her. In no way do I want to point the finger at someone who is just trying to help.

The only thing that made my hink go up was from reading the Forensic Astrology charts....looking for someone who has been involved in the searches and is covering for someone they know. Oh...and I did ask MB if people were at the community center on 8/21 in the morning. She had no knowledge of any kind of meeting.

I guess someone should ask who she is, what's her relation to the family, does she have other family members living there? Etc.,etc.,

That whole thing confused me anyway so I need to go to the Astro thread and read some more to really understand as I'm not sure if I know what I'm talking about :waitasec:

Breanna, what hits me as strange about this is why would someone care about where the searches are taking place? Shouldn't they just be happy that searches are going on? Or was she hoping a certain area would be searched and concerned about that? Whatever the case, she has drawn some notice and should be looked at.

Also could you clear up what you mean by "I did ask MB if people were at the community center on 8/21 in the morning". Did somebody say that the person that might have been involved was there at the community center on 8/21?

Hmmmm...and are they moving out of town? I know...I am suspicious of everyone. :cool:

Well besides the economy, it makes you wonder why they decided to sell. I couldn't tell you if the owners worked there or not though. I was only in there a couple of times and seems like there was a different person at the counter each time.

Maybe some of the other locals on this forum would have some more info on them. We only moved here about 18 months ago. Before then we lived in Aberdeen so I am not real familiar with the locals here.

It's so frustrating being half a world away and not being able to search! Anyone got any specific ideas to be sleuthed that they need help with right now?

Thank you McCleary, SS & Cyberswept ~

Any locals on board know if Mikes Market had any sort of surveillance camera? If they sold hard liquor, just beer, or both? TIA

Checking in and so proud to see searches going on and those doing something that others aren't able to for whatever reason. There is a little girl that is missing and that is what is important. Hoping for news soon.

Thank you McCleary, SS & Cyberswept ~

Any locals on board know if Mikes Market had any sort of surveillance camera? If they sold hard liquor, just beer, or both? TIA

Grocery stores can't sell hard liquor in the State of Washington. Only beer and wine.

I don't know about the surveillance camera. I'm sure if they had one they were checked right along with the others in town (didn't they check the Shell stations and the banks ATM tapes?)

It's so frustrating being half a world away and not being able to search! Anyone got any specific ideas to be sleuthed that they need help with right now?

We wish you were here too! The more the merrier. But just showing your support and having your prayers for Lindsey are wonderful.

Thank you :)

Hmmmm...and are they moving out of town? I know...I am suspicious of everyone. :cool:

I don't know if the owners even lived in town...I stopped going to Mike's a long time ago because the owner (who usually worked there in the morning) told a very popular person from the door plant that if all he was going to come buy at the store every day was a newspaper, he could go somewhere else. Not exactly a friendly, neighborhood store type of attitude. From what I understand, that incident turned quite a few people away from going to his store. I know it's a bit of hearsay, but the 1 time I did go in there a couple months ago because the other stores in town didn't have what I was looking for, the store was dirty and the people behind the counter watched me like they thought I was going to steal something.

I don't know if the owners even lived in town...I stopped going to Mike's a long time ago because the owner (who usually worked there in the morning) told a very popular person from the door plant that if all he was going to come buy at the store every day was a newspaper, he could go somewhere else. Not exactly a friendly, neighborhood store type of attitude. From what I understand, that incident turned quite a few people away from going to his store. I know it's a bit of hearsay, but the 1 time I did go in there a couple months ago because the other stores in town didn't have what I was looking for, the store was dirty and the people behind the counter watched me like they thought I was going to steal something.

we use to have a store like that where i used to live. you didn't see many people go in there except for once in a while yet they stayed in business. turned out it was a front for drugging and illegal betting.

Grocery stores can't sell hard liquor in the State of Washington. Only beer and wine.

I don't know about the surveillance camera. I'm sure if they had one they were checked right along with the others in town (didn't they check the Shell stations and the banks ATM tapes?)

So the other market in town doesn't sell hard liquor either? Is there an actual Liquor store in McCleary? If not, where is the closest one located? Elma?

Yes, I'm sure if they had surveillance video LE checked it, but I was wondering if we could get a definite yea or nay on it.

Thanks ~

So the other market in town doesn't sell hard liquor either? Is there an actual Liquor store in McCleary? If not, where is the closest one located? Elma?

Yes, I'm sure if they had surveillance video LE checked it, but I was wondering if we could get a definite yea or nay on it.

Thanks ~

yeah, the liquor store in McCleary is on 3rd, by the Pizza place. One of our locals (JVK, I think) had pictures of the liquor store. It's owned by a friend of ours (who is also a Correctional officer) and his wife. I believe his mother helps run the store too (or maybe it's his wifes mother)

yeah, the liquor store in McCleary is on 3rd, by the Pizza place. One of our locals (JVK, I think) had pictures of the liquor store. It's owned by a friend of ours (who is also a Correctional officer) and his wife. I believe his mother helps run the store too (or maybe it's his wifes mother)

So intersecting streets around the area that Lindsey was last seen? (5th, 4th, but never made it to 3rd).

Thanks so much ~

While looking through the pictures of the town I didn't notice any mail boxes on the streets or houses... Does anyone know if McCleary gets home delivery or does everyone have post office boxes?

I ask because I am a postal clerk in a small town (30,000 residents) and a few years ago a child went missing and the police immediately came to the post office asking us to keep a look out for the child.. If the town has mail delivery a postal carrier would notice a lot of things.. People acting strange, people moving, new construction, people away on vacation, etc...

I work in the post office at the window taking care of customers.. I have to tell you I know more about people then they could ever know.. People congregate and gossip all the time.. I know lots of the kids in town, who is getting divorced some times before one spouse has told the other, who is sick, who is having financial problem and so on.. I never repeat anything I hear and most time it amuses me because I hear both versions without anyone knowing I heard it.. A wise persom once told me there is "his story", "her story" and then somewhere in between is the truth...

I wonder if anyone knows anyone that works there... I'm betting if a postal employee heard something that was a little suspicious they probably wouldn't go to LE thinking it was just the usual rumor mill but they might be talking to family or people they trust... It's just a thought...

While looking through the pictures of the town I didn't notice any mail boxes on the streets or houses... Does anyone know if McCleary gets home delivery or does everyone have post office boxes?

I ask because I am a postal clerk in a small town (30,000 residents) and a few years ago a child went missing and the police immediately came to the post office asking us to keep a look out for the child.. If the town has mail delivery a postal carrier would notice a lot of things.. People acting strange, people moving, new construction, people away on vacation, etc...

I work in the post office at the window taking care of customers.. I have to tell you I know more about people then they could ever know.. People congregate and gossip all the time.. I know lots of the kids in town, who is getting divorced some times before one spouse has told the other, who is sick, who is having financial problem and so on.. I never repeat anything I hear and most time it amuses me because I hear both versions without anyone knowing I heard it.. A wise persom once told me there is "his story", "her story" and then somewhere in between is the truth...

I wonder if anyone knows anyone that works there... I'm betting if a postal employee heard something that was a little suspicious they probably wouldn't go to LE thinking it was just the usual rumor mill but they might be talking to family or people they trust... It's just a thought...

lol - we have a postmaster like that Lori. I think I could put bamboo under his nails before he'd talk about the stuff he must know - and even then I don't think he would :)

Cheers to you !

... I'm betting if a postal employee heard something that was a little suspicious they probably wouldn't go to LE thinking it was just the usual rumor mill but they might be talking to family or people they trust... It's just a thought...

That's an interesting point. What if you hear or see something that seems fairly innocuous? What do you do with it?

For instance, I heard about a guy named Wally who hasn't been seen around town for the last couple of weeks. He drove a camoflaged truck and lived in the apartments by the park and he liked to fish. What do I do with that? Go to the LE? WS? Or keep it to myself?

Hi dejavu,

Thanks for your post as that is some valuable insight.

On another topic, i spoke with a local yesterday evening about Mike's.

They reflected what's been said here. The owner not being the nicest person. The community may have turned their back on the store.

I'd went into Mike's twice and they let me use the bathroom both times w/out purchase (this was an issue apparently) - There was a younger guy behind the counter. He was nice (& i don't think he was the issue)

It was mentioned the owner would kick people out of the store for requesting to use the restroom w/out purchase.

I'd also heard a story of being forced to debit @ the pump instead of inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kezzx