WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I have learned so much the last three days. My opinion of small towns and rural areas has taken a nosedive while my opinion of humanity in general has soared.

The area around McCleary is some of the most beautiful countryside I've seen. Groves of swordtail ferns situated under moss draped trees. Just beautiful and yet at every turn people have dumped their garbage. Everywhere. Twenty miles back a dirt road. And I had to go through it. I'm sorry, I don't buy the high cost of garbage collection and drop off as an excuse. And the small town of McCleary needed to turn out big time for this event. Isn't that what small towns are all about? They didn't.

Which brings me to my elevated opinion of humanity. People did show up. All kinds of people. People who just heard about it in the news. The old, the young, the rich, the poor. From the larger metropolitan areas for the most part. Good people every one. I am warmed by their show of support.

One small clarification. I have met some extremely nice people from McCleary too.

Aw Mikeb...you took the words out of my mouth. I think you're awesome and so are the others we met. I hear my daughter messed with u a little. When you were pulling out she said...stop....And you said man this wlll be a good time. Sorry bout that Mike. She's a pill. Don't know where she got that from. Honestly :)

Anyway...I agree with you 100% on everything else.

Glad to meet you. You rock!

I wonder if Brad is still at the search center or if finally went to his hotel to get some sleep.

Poor guy is probably exhausted.

Jen... I haven't been in for a while but I try to stop by often. I miss all of you guys

I started as a reserve in 1976 and as far as I know nothing like this has happened. I guess it's not safe anymore...

DD[/quote] While it is rare in Grays Harbor, it has happened before. In 1974, 7 year old Jeffrey Bratcher disappeared while on a family outing at Ocean City State Park, and in 1982, 3 year old Tyler Inman disappeared from his residence during a rain storm. Neither has ever been found.

I haven't had much computer time in the last couple days. Whatever time I did have, I spent trying to catch up on Jaycee.

I don't post a whole lot on here, but I am always reading.

I did want to say how much everyone rocks for coming together to spend the weekend volunteering!!

Happy belated birthday, Jennifer.

Yes Jen, hope you had a good one and a drink for me. I tried to get away today, but I just didn't get as far as I needed to for my presentation Monday. It's 4:00am and still not 100%, but I am beat. Wanted to wish you a happy birthday in person too.

You and breanna put in some very long days and I am sure, the LRC and the KK's appreciated your help. It's an awful way to have to meet such great people, but it's awesome to see how it all can come together.

I can tell all of you here on WS that if you ever get the chance to meet Jen and Breanna, they are both a kick, you won't be disappointed! Their hearts are definitely in the right place.

Jen... I haven't been in for a while but I try to stop by often. I miss all of you guys

How are you doing? We've missed you too.

We had a really good weekend. Lots of people came out to help look for Lindsey.

But as far as I know there is no new information. Hopefully there will be soon.

Cyber, Thank you. I had a very nice birthday. I'm glad I spent it with the people that I did.

I have another long day today.. I'm heading out pretty soon to go help tie up the loose ends before LRC and Klaaskids ride off into the sunset.

I

While it is rare in Grays Harbor, it has happened before. In 1974, 7 year old Jeffrey Bratcher disappeared while on a family outing at Ocean City State Park, and in 1982, 3 year old Tyler Inman disappeared from his residence during a rain storm. Neither has ever been found.

Wow I never heard of those cases, both probably GHSO. The first before I started, the other while I took a long break in Calif.......

coldcaseman, bet we worked together several times....or at least know each other...

DD

i was really hoping to find at least some new news with the searches this weekend....
where are you lindsey...........so many people love and miss you

DD, I'm sure you know coldcaseman.

Very good man. Nice to see you posting here CCM. :)

I'm heading to McCleary in a few minutes to tie up some loose ends, make sure the community center is clean and to say goodbye to my new friends.

I am so impressed to hear that Amber's family was at the search for Lindsey. Searches were done for Amber just a few short weeks ago (Aug. 19-20th). In Amber's thread there are media articles, etc. but there were no reports of major break throughs in Amber's case. It must take so much inner strength and "gumption" (for lack of a better word) to then pack yourself up and move out to help others. Special prayers for Amber and her family. I don't know if I would have that kind of strength - I hope Amber's family got lots of hugs from everyone. I send them all a HUGE cyberhug!

I really am impressed with all of you guys! Thank you. Obviously the simple words are not enough - I hope you all know just how special you are and how proud I am to be a part of your cyberlives here on WS!

Salem

Ambers mom Carrie, her Aunt Linda and her Uncle Larue (I might have misspelled that. If so I apologize) were all there and they not only helped in the center but they also went out and searched.
They were so helpful and never once complained about my dumb questions.

So selfless.. True heroes in my eyes.

I

Wow I never heard of those cases, both probably GHSO. The first before I started, the other while I took a long break in Calif.......

coldcaseman, bet we worked together several times....or at least know each other...

DD
I'm sure we do. I worked at GHSO from 1977 to 2007.

Tyler Inman was an Aberdeen PD case and Jeffrey Bratcher was a GHSO case.

I wasn't able to come help search last weekend, but I'm glad so many WSers were able to make it.

This is kind of a cool picture from Saturday (via cell phone)

Washed out river bank from under a big tree..

IMG00061-20090829-1134.jpg

God bless all the searchers and those who organized, donated, everything. No job is too small. I went to an area Walmart this morning and saw Lindsey's picture/poster on the missing kids board. I hope she is found soon.

Awesome photo, jvk! Thanks for sharing!

And thanks again to everyone who volunteered time, energy, thoughts, prayers, and posts for Lindsey. I know it's been said a million times, but seriously. You are all amazing.

Just got back from the center. I helped Brad all morning put some finishing touches on the paper work. Helped Dawn and Sandy get their stuff worked out. Helped MB and KK clean and get stuff boxed up for storage.

I think it's ok to share this info (I'm sure Brad will call/text/email and yell me if it wasn't ok but I don't think it should be kept a secret). We had a total of 205 searchers (this was not counting the several people--myself, Breanna and a few other people from the community that spent their time "behind the scenes") this weekend. Many of them put in time all three days and did several searches a day. My hat is off to each and every person who volunteered in some way. Even if you were there in thought and prayer.

Right now they are shooting for a search to be conducted Sept 12 and 13. We ask anyone who is interested in donating (time, supplies, money, food, whatever) to go to http://www.findlindseybaum.com for more information or email them at contact@findlindseybaum.com. Someone will be in touch with you ASAP

This is kind of a cool picture from Saturday (via cell phone)

Washed out river bank from under a big tree..

IMG00061-20090829-1134.jpg

Great picture! A washed out river bank underneath a tree - - sure shows the enormity of searching for remains, clothes, or any clue. Wow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje