WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats what were talk'in about! Cyber that was so sweet.<3 Yes many of us parents have felt those feelings when your child disappears at a mall (that happened to me) and your frantic, not making sense because of the fear and shock that starts settleing in. Moms as we know threw the centuries are reveered and then when there is a crisis were the first to blame. It certainly doesn't give us such a good name with all these mothers of murdering are getting arrested with their faces all over the news. I can't imagine and when I do it is a paralizing thought. I was just making conversation about women vs. men as we are such mother tigresses. No offense to the males who searched. Cyber I am very interested in more of how they kept JB busy yesterday if he was there and his current response to this search. My background was adolescent psych so I understand Asbergers very well and amm more concerned about his emotions throughtout the day no different than if he didn't have this diagnosis. This is important to me not for the sake of finding him at fault.

Kagey he was not there at the community center. No children are allowed there or to participate in the search. I didn't even tell my daughter we went out and searched for Lindsey because she would have been heart broken she didn't get to go.

I don't know if I told you all this, but my 5 year old actually went up to the mic and spoke at Lindsey's last vigil and said "Lindsey, we just want you to come home, so you can be home." When we speak of Lindsey, she is right there to listen in and ask questions.

While I was there, MB talked about JB to Jen and I. She said the information on JB being in juvenile detention was very distorted. She did not say if he had actually been in there or not, but said that what has been said about him is mostly not true. She was pretty defensive about that and said that some of the information on the forums, not this one, was just untrue. Both Jen and myself assured her that the people here on WS are responsible people looking at the facts and not spreading rumors or untruths. However, we did tell her that people here do examine every angle for clues. She was ok with that. She just said it was hard having her life so opened up and every detail poured over, especially when it came to JB, who she said just doesn't know what to think of this whole thing and genuinely misses Lindsey. From what I have seen of JB, I feel that's true. I don't know how I would have handled that at 12 myself.

Were the searchers today asked not to discuss what they found? I noticed the poster hairball who had posted the info yesterday apologized for posting it and his post was removed.

Yes, while I was briefing and again debriefing I was reminding people that we ask them not to discuss what they had found.

Off Topic: How was your birthday party, Jennifer? Hope you had an enjoyable evening out. :)

hi all :)

i just read thru the posst of the happenings sat.......sounds like things went well...and more turned out also :).....yes....sending positive thoughts your way...you all are awesome!!

side note:

sorry i havent been on sat....just got home from being with my mother at the hospital all day.....she is doing ok....and at home now with my oldest daughter.....she got an infection that has given her memory loss....very scary....but not a stroke...so that made me happy....just not sure how this is all going to play out......

sending out hugs to you all!

Lindsey thought of you today.....thought of your mother as i was with my mother today when she was very sick..... i was feeling so thankful that i have a daughter that was there for me and by my side when i needed her.....she is staying with her grandmother tonight so that im able to rest in my own bed tonight.......

my heart is so sorry that you and your mother are not together tonight.....you both need each other and its not fair that you are apart......many kind friends of yours are out looking for you and trying their best to bring you home.....shine your light sweet girl.....send out some clues.....they will see it!

Off Topic: How was your birthday party, Jennifer? Hope you had an enjoyable evening out. :)

It was great. I got some neat presents and had a couple of drinks with my husband and two of my kids.

I was home in bed by 1 am and I was back up by 6 am. It's 7 now and I'll be heading out the door here soon.

As a newbie, I wanted to learn more about the man who was dirty dancing on the tabletop. :D

Lindsey and Melissa Baum were truly blessed the day this incredibly competent and caring man stepped up to the helm in search of Lindsey. It must be an honor to be working under a man who can make your heart smile at the same time it is breaking.

http://www.klaaskids.org/search_manager.htm

:angel:http://www.swpansar.org/Portals/0/Cheyenne_Dad.JPG

xoxo to you all ~

There aren't enough words to describe Brad. He's just a great guy.

You know those people that you just "click" with when you first meet them.. that's how it was with everyone I've met this weekend. No one seemed put out by my questions or mistakes (even when I couldn't find the paper work that was in my hand. Ha!). We knew when to joke and we knew when to be serious. They really put everyone at ease.

Dawn, Sandy, Marc, Brad, Carrie and Linda.. if you guys read this. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for what you are doing now, what you have done in the past and what you will do in the future. There is no way to ever tell you or show you just how much we appreciate you. And you will NEVER know just how you've touched my life.

Tonights goodbyes are probably going to be some of the hardest in my life...

As a newbie, I wanted to learn more about the man who was dirty dancing on the tabletop. :D

Lindsey and Melissa Baum were truly blessed the day this incredibly competent and caring man stepped up to the helm in search of Lindsey. It must be an honor to be working under a man who can make your heart smile at the same time it is breaking.

http://www.klaaskids.org/search_manager.htm

:angel:http://www.swpansar.org/Portals/0/Cheyenne_Dad.JPG

xoxo to you all ~

Thanks! I didn't know Brad lives in my area.

news article
8/29 The News Tribune

Volunteers search for clues in case of missing McCleary girl

Volunteers who showed up Saturday were separated into groups. Team leaders were selected and groups were given directions on how and where to search. The team leaders also were provided with global positioning systems to note the locations of their searches, as well as clipboards with paper so they could jot down possible clues.

Patty Thorsen and Judy Enz of Olympia, plus team leader Mike Davis of Gig Harbor, spent about an hour exploring Niels Lane, a rock-covered road that overlooks state Route 8 about 4 miles west of McCleary. All three decided to volunteer because they are parents, but Thorsen and Davis also were moved by Melissa Baum&#8217;s story after hearing her interviewed on a Seattle radio station. Mike said the combination of listening to Melissa Baum and hearing news about Jaycee Dugard, the California woman recently discovered after she was missing for 18 years, prompted him to act. - snipped

full article:
http://www.thenewstribune.com/updates/story/861127.html

Thinking of Lindsey......hoping she is found soon. So sad that kids/people just disappear off the face of the earth it seems and no one sees or knows a thing.

Hi Guys, I've been without a working keyboard for a couple of days but wanted to stop by to say what a great effort has been put forward to find Lindsey by this week end's searches. Thanks to all you dear locals who have been working together with the KlaaskIDS group.

I know it is a lot of work to put together an event like this. But I am so proud of all our WS sleuthers, including those who live out of the area. Pulling together always has positive results. And now I pray it somehow leads to something, anything, that might give LE a shot in the arm. Some little stone which has been unturned to send them looking in a different direction for Lindsey. :blowkiss:

Hey all. Another long day. Did 2 searches. I nearly only did one because my feet were killing me. After about an hour of rest i was able to do a second though. Didn't take any pictures today.

Thanks to everyone @ the LRC, Klaas & the volunteers. We covered a lot of ground.

Hey all. Another long day. Did 2 searches. I nearly only did one because my feet were killing me. After about an hour of rest i was able to do a second though. Didn't take any pictures today.

Thanks to everyone @ the LRC, Klaas & the volunteers. We covered a lot of ground.

I was glad you didn't take off your shoes in the center :) Just kiddin'. To anyone who didn't already know. JVK is a cool dude. And he's got a really cool car. My daughter was like...mom...I want his car!

Seriously...I'm so brain dead. LOL.

This weekend was great. I got to meet so many nice people and of course my WS friends. We're old friends already. When I was leaving and saying goodbye I kept saying how nice it was to meet Brad, Dawn, Sandy, Amber's mom and Aunt. And I realized that I didn't say that to Jen and JVK until later because I felt like I've known them for a long time.

Looks like there may be another search in two weeks. Not related to Klaaskids or LRC. But just locals and her family and Amber's family. We'll keep you all posted and they are supposed to let us know.

I just spent a very tiring but worthwhile 3 days. I don't think I've done anything this great ever.

I'll come up with more. But that's it for this post.

Thanks, JVK! Go put your feet up and get a good rest tonight. You have sure earned it! I can imagine how all that hiking the past 3 days could really do a number on those feet and entire body. Hot tub and a beer time!

I am glad you posted, Breanna~ It is nice when our searchers come here and give us their updates. It is really all we have! With everyone out on the searches and gone for the weekend otherwise...the forum seems so empty until you guys come home.

Good to hear that things did go well this weekend even if you didn't find her. I am hoping you found things which will eventually be classified as evidence tho! I know we will have to wait on all of that and I am not very patient. ;)

It is nice to know what a good organization KlaasKids and Laura Recovery are first hand after members get to know them. It is important to have such knowledge around here. In the future, it will help to know where to steer people in the right direction.

I only have ONE question. Can anyone guess what it is?! :confused:

I haven't had much computer time in the last couple days. Whatever time I did have, I spent trying to catch up on Jaycee.

I don't post a whole lot on here, but I am always reading.

I did want to say how much everyone rocks for coming together to spend the weekend volunteering!!

Happy belated birthday, Jennifer.

Well I about flipped and did a cartwheel this afternoon. I was watching Northwest News from Seattle and lo, they started talking about the search for Lindsey. I really like the way they presented it, saying the mother was doing everything she could to bring her daughter home.

And then this afternoon I heard John Walsh talking about how difficult it is for the family when they have a missing child. He said it goes from bad to worse. He was questioned for hours, did everything LE asked of him, he lost his job, went bankrupt and ended up getting a divorce. He said this is not the exception in missing children cases but rather very common,

Something pulled John and his wife up by their bootstraps and they were able to come back out of the hole they had fallen into. Maybe by their faith or just sticking to the business of pulling their lives back together.

But it made me center again on Lindsey's mom. My heart goes out to her. The not knowing what happened to her girl must be beyond words. I think she has now been blessed with the KlaaskIDS organization coming to town and giving her inspiration and something to hold onto. And for her to see her town respond like they did, that must mean so much to her. :blowkiss:

I'm new to this forum, cyberswept told me about it Friday.

She mentioned that one of the reasons they moved here was because it felt like such a safe little area. She said for the longest time, she wouldn't let Lindsey just walk around town, but over time, especially the last few months, she felt this was a very safe place and relaxed her guard.

It's easy to do in McCleary. My sisters kids ran around town alone when they were Lindsey's age, even before. They are in their 40's now....It was the norm...I mentioned this to cyberswept and when I got home my wife reminded me that some of my grandchildren did too. The oldest is 17 and youngest 12....It was the norm.

I spoke with a retired policeman and he said there has never been such a thing in McCleary happen before. He said as a matter of fact, not in all of Grays Harbor County, so why wouldn't MB feel Lindsey was safe here?

I'm assuming cyberswept means me...we were on the same team Friday. I started as a reserve in 1976 and as far as I know nothing like this has happened. I guess it's not safe anymore...

DD

I only have ONE question. Can anyone guess what it is?! :confused:

The bridge?

No. It was not searched this weekend. No "in city limit" searches were done by LRC/Klasskids this weekend. Other areas were concentrated on this weekend. (I think that was generic enough info that I won't get into trouble for posting it). Private searchers may have looked into the area, but it was not told to us if they did.

Brad, if you are reading this correct me if I'm wrong and I'll delete it. :p

No one quote me just in case I need to delete it. Thanks :)

I haven't had much computer time in the last couple days. Whatever time I did have, I spent trying to catch up on Jaycee.

I don't post a whole lot on here, but I am always reading.

I did want to say how much everyone rocks for coming together to spend the weekend volunteering!!

Happy belated birthday, Jennifer.

Hi TxBecca, I was in a similar boat ;} so kept up reading. Thanks for the reminder about Jennifer's birthday:

Happy Birthday Jennifer

2007-06-02peonies.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members